I'LL TAKE THE WINDOW SEAT

Happily Ever After?

Jessica’s P.O.V

We’re finally on board this damn plane. These 12 hour flights are killer so it will nice to be able to stretch out and sleep. Let’s see 4E…oh, there is it…awww, it’s an aisle seat. I really wanted the window seat. So far, so good though…there’s no one sitting next to me. I hope it stays that way. I wonder if Yuri is on this flight…

 

Yuri's P.O.V.

Okay, I am finally on this stupid plane. Okay, I’m in 2A, the window seat. It was worth it to pay the extra money for first class. I can’t imagine flying 12 hours smashed like a sardine in coach. I hope they’re showing some good movies. I wonder if Soo Yeon is on this flight too…

A drunken middle-aged man stumbled down the aisle. He bumped into and bounced off seats as he made his way toward the front of the plane. He reeked of beer and his face was as red as a tomato. A flight attendant took his boarding pass and showed him to his seat. “Here is your seat, sir. 4F…by the window.” The man slumped into his seat and immediately fell asleep. He snored loudly as a small puddle of drool collected on his pillow.

 

Jessica’s P.O.V.

Thank goodness the bathrooms on this plane are clean. Okay, where is my seat again? Wait, who is that sitting in the window seat? Oh crap! Not another drunk guy. Of course this has to happen when I don’t have a manager here to switch seats with me. I knew it was a bad idea to fly alone. Well, this guy is asleep. Maybe he won’t bother me.

As soon as Jessica sat down, the man immediately woke up. He leaned toward her and slurred, “Hi y girl. Wow! You’re so beautiful. Do you want to be my girlfriend?”

As he put his hand on her leg, Jessica let out a high-pitched dolphin-like scream. She stood up, slapped the man, kicked him, and yelled, “Ah, byuntae!! Don’t touch me you ing ert!! Who the hell do you think you are!?”

 

Yuri’s P.O.V.

Oww! My ears! What the hell was that noise? It sounded like it came from 2 rows back. Wow! That girl is kicking and yelling at some guy over there! She looks a lot like Soo Yeon. Hey, that is Soo Yeon! Oh ! I hope she’s okay.

At that same moment, Mr. Goh exited one of the plane’s lavatories and saw Jessica hitting and cursing at the drunken man. He made his way over to help her, but Yuri reached her first and tapped Jessica on the shoulder. Blinded by her angry state, the feisty girl reacted by turning around and taking a swing at Yuri.

Luckily, Yuri had studied taekwondo with Amber when they were kids and dodged the fist flying toward her face. As she swung at Yuri, Jessica lost her balance and started to fall. The tomboy reached out and caught the volatile girl by the waist. Jessica immediately snapped out of her trance when she realized Yuri was holding her. She felt her heart race faster and became flushed as the tomboy pulled her upright.

“Thanks for catching me. Sorry that I tried to hit you," Jessica apologized. "This stupid drunk bastard was getting frisky with me so I had to set him straight.”

“Sure, no problem, glad I could help," Yuri replied as she stared into Jessica's pretty brown eyes while her heart beat rapidly in her chest.

“Uh, you can let go of me now. Th-thanks,” Jessica replied nervously.

Yuri quickly removed her hands from around Jessica’s waist. "Oh y-yeah. S-sorry."

Mr. Goh watched the awkward exchange between Jessica and Yuri. Did I just see a little spark between those two? Hmmm…I’ll have to keep a closer eye on Soo Yeon just to make sure that guy is not a creep.

Jessica straightened her blouse and then glared at the drunken man sitting in the window seat. "And you, you stupid drunk! I should have you arrested for touching me! You’re old enough to be my father! You’re disgusting!”

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you. Please don’t call the police. I promise to behave. Please…my wife will kill me!” the drunken man cried out while holding his now swollen right cheek.

"I'm not going to waste my time with you!" Jessica snapped. "There’s no way I’m going to sit next to you on this flight! Where is that flight attendant!?”

Before Mr. Goh could speak up to let Jessica know that he was there and that she could sit with him, the tomboy spoke up. “Th-there’s an empty seat next to me, Soo Yeon. You can sit with me if you’d like. You can take the aisle or window seat, it doesn’t matter to me. I’m just going to watch movies. I'll keep an eye out for any drunks so you’ll be able to get some sleep.”

Upon overhearing Yuri’s offer, Mr. Goh thought, Good idea. Such a thoughtful guy…Soo Yeon won’t have to sit next to me and risk catching my cold.

“Anything would be better than sitting next to this drunken idiot. Actually, I’ll take you up on your offer. Thank you, Yuri. I’ll take the window seat,” Jessica replied gratefully.