STRESS!

Happily Ever After?

The next morning, word buzzed around the dorm that Yuri and Donghae’s night out was not one of debauchery and hedonism, much to the disappointment of all of the guys in the company. Once Jessica heard the news from Sunny, her mood lightened. She wasn’t quite sure why she was happy, but she felt relieved when she learned that Yuri didn’t hook up with Hyuna. Maybe she’s not a player after all. We’ll just see how our date goes tonight.

After she chose an outfit for the date, Jessica went to the kitchen to get some breakfast. Tiffany and Taeyeon were sitting on the couch eating cereal and watching cartoons. “Good morning, Jessi,” Tiffany called out.

Jessica sat down next to the couple. “Good morning Fany and Tae.”

Tiffany looked over at her friend who was eating a croissant while staring out the window. Jessica suddenly realized Tiffany was staring at her. “What? Do I have crumbs on my face or something?”

“No, you don’t. I was just thinking about the other night at the club. What’s up with you and Yuri?”

Jessica couldn’t hold back her smile at the mention of Yuri’s name, which Tiffany immediately called her on. “I knew it, Jessi! You like her!”

“Fany, can we talk…alone?”

“Sure. Let’s go to your room. Tae, I’ll be right back.” Taeyeon nodded, her eyes fixated on the TV and mouth full of cereal.

Tiffany took a seat on the bed while Jessica closed the door. “So Jessi, what’s going on? Since that night at the club I was wondering when we were going to talk.”

“Fany, what do you think about Yuri? Be honest.”

“I think Yuri is nice, not to mention really hot. If I wasn’t with Taeyeon I’d be all over that.”

“C’mon Fany…I’m being serious here. Geez, ersion must be contagious. You sound just like Tae.”

Tiffany blushed. “Sorry. Anyway, you and Yuri would be great together. Why? Having doubts?”

“Doubts? Doubts about what?”

“Doubts about how you feel, Jessi.”

“No, that’s not it,” Jessica said defensively. “Do you get a player vibe from her? I mean she flirts with every girl she meets.”

“Player? Yuri?” Tiffany shook her head back and forth. “No. I don’t get that at all. I think Yuri is a lot like Amber…really friendly and personable. She kinda does flirt a lot, but it seems pretty innocent to me. She flirts with me and Tae all the time. Plus, she didn’t sleep with Hyuna like we all thought. She is different with you though.”

“Different like she wants to get into my pants different?”

Tiffany lightly slapped Jessica’s leg. “No, not like that, silly. I think she likes you. It’s the way she looks at you and speaks to you. How do you feel about her?”

“Actually…we have a date tonight.”

“A date? Really, Jessi? Good for you. It’s about time. It’s been awhile.”

“Honestly Fany, I’m not sure how I feel about Yuri. She’s always been nice to me, even more so lately. I’m not sure if she’s sincere or if it’s just an act to get me in bed. That’s why I decided to beat her at her own game.”

“Oh my God, Jessi, what are you up to now?”

“I’m going play the player. I got the idea from Hara. I’m going to make Yuri want me so badly…and then I’m going to drop her like a bad habit.”

Are you sure you really want to do that? Or is this an excuse to get close to her?” questioned Tiffany. “C’mon, you can’t fool me. You’re not so great at hiding your feelings, so trying to play Yuri sounds like a bad idea. Besides, at the club you were clearly jealous of Ailee and something was definitely going on between you and Yuri on the dance floor.”

“Yuri is nice, but I don’t like her that way,” replied Jessica. “I wasn’t jealous…I was just upset when I saw her with Ailee because I know she's just playing us both. That dance floor business was…I don’t know…blame it on the alcohol.”

“Yeah right, Jessi…and Taeyeon isn’t a ert. Well, I don’t agree with what you’re doing. What if she really does like you? Aren’t you afraid that you might hurt her? Remember what Amber said about Yuri’s last relationship...”

Jessica hesitated before answering. “It doesn’t matter. I know she’s a player.”

“Whatever you say, Jessi…just be careful. You both might end up getting hurt in the end. You know I’m here for you if need me.”

“I know, Fany. Thanks.”

Tiffany hugged Jessica and then went back to the living room to be with Taeyeon. “Miss me, Tae Tae?” she asked as she plopped herself down on the couch next to her girlfriend.

“Of course, baby. So, did Sica admit that she’s falling for Yuri?”

Tiffany sighed and rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “No, she didn’t. We both know that she likes her. I think she knows it too, but she just won’t admit it to herself. It’s too bad because I think that they would be great together.”

Taeyeon nodded in agreement. “Sica can be so stubborn sometimes. She’s such a . She’s probably just afraid to admit that she likes girls. You know, I still think she wanted to be more than just friends with you before we got together.”

“I know, Tae, but that doesn’t matter now. No matter what, Jessi has always been there for me and has always supported our relationship. I just want her to be happy and I’m going to do whatever I can to help her.”

After Tiffany left her room, Jessica lay down on her bed and thought about Yuri. Do I really like her? No, I can’t like her. Maybe Tiffany is right. No, Yuri Liu is a player. Someone that cute and charming has to be, right? Oh my God! I’m so confused! Stress!