IT'S NOTHING

Happily Ever After?

The anniversary party for Girls’ Generation was a small but fancy affair. Idols and other celebrities in the entertainment industry came to celebrate the girls’ 7th year since their debut. Everyone was having a nice time until Sunny brought up Yuri’s name.

“Amber, I thought Yuri was coming tonight. I wanted to thank her for the nice flowers she sent us.”

“Something came up, but she’s going to meet us at the club later,” Amber replied.

“Something or someone?” Jessica interjected sarcastically as she walked away from the group looking irate. “She’s probably with Ailee,” she mumbled to herself.

Sunny nudged Hyo Yeon. “What’s up with Sica? She was pretty happy when she got the rose and box of chocolate covered strawberries from Yuri.”

“Just ignore her, Sunny,” Hyo Yeon whispered. “She’s in Ice Princess mode because she got all dolled up for Yuri and she didn’t show up. She’ll lighten up after she’s had a few drinks at the club later. C’mon, we’re supposed to mingle with the guests.”

Amber watched Jessica as she walked over to an empty table and sat down, and saw her opportunity to talk to her about Yuri.  She took a deep breath and approached the table. “J-Jessica? Can I talk to you for a minute, please?”

“What about, Amber? Is this about my sister?” Jessica glared at the tomboy. “What did you do to her!?”

Amber took another deep breath and looked Jessica in the eye. “No, no…it’s about Yuri.”

Jessica immediately perked up. “What about Yuri?”

“Umm…d-do you like her?

“Like her? Who wants to know?” Jessica questioned as she looked away nervously.

“I want to know. If you do like my cousin, I just want to be sure that your intentions are honorable.”

“Honorable? You’ve got to be kidding me,” teased Jessica. “This is the 21st century, you know.”

“I’m serious, Jessica. If you really do like Yuri, just don’t hurt her, okay? Her last girlfriend cheated on her and broke her heart. If you hurt her, you’ll have to answer to me.”

“Sure Amber, whatever you say,” Jessica replied as she got up from the table and walked back to the party.

After the party, the small group of friends headed over to Club Déjà Vu, an exclusive private club where idols and other public figures could socialize without fans or paparazzi around. It was also where couples, both gay and straight, could be open with each other without scrutiny or fear of backlash.

The place had a trendy ambience and was filled with various idols and other artists, some coupled up and others clearly on the prowl. The music was loud and the beat infectious with house and hip-hop pumping through the speakers. On each side of the dance floor were platforms where two scantily clad go-go dancers gyrated to the music.

Amber and Krystal found their reserved table near the dance floor and were joined by Jessica, Tiffany, Taeyeon and Sulli. Hyo Yeon sat at the next table with Sunny and her girlfriend Hyomin, along with Seohyun and Victoria. They were soon joined by Minho, Taemin, Eunhyuk, and Donghae. Jonghyun and Key, who had just reconciled, also came along but sat at a private table at the back of the club.

After a round of drinks, everyone headed to the dance floor except for Amber who waited at the table for Yuri and Ailee. Before long the two latecomers walked in, arms linked strictly for Jessica’s amusement. Yuri looked dashing in her suit complete with new haircut, while Ailee looked very y in a tight black mini-dress that accentuated her full figure. The top was low cut and her assets were not hard to miss even if you weren’t looking in their direction. When Taemin saw Ailee he nearly choked on his drink and couldn’t keep his eyes off of her the entire night.

Jessica couldn’t help but smile when she saw Yuri. Damn! Looking good, Liu. She sure cleans up nicely. As soon as she noticed Ailee by Yuri’s side, her feelings of admiration turned to disdain. How can she send me a gift and then show up with her? What the hell? I need a ing drink!  Jessica walked back to her seat, called the waitress over and ordered tequila shots to drown her anger.

“Slow down, Jessi,” Tiffany said when she realized that her friend was upset. “What’s wrong? Do you want to go somewhere and talk?”

Jessica downed her third shot. “I’m okay, Fany. It’s nothing.”

Yuri noticed that Jessica was upset and unexpectedly found herself feeling bad about it. She unlinked arms with Ailee, walked over and sat down at Jessica’s table. She took one look at the fair-skinned beauty and smiled. “You look really beautiful tonight, Jessica.”

Jessica did look exceptionally stunning in a charcoal one-shoulder A-line mini cocktail dress that matched Yuri’s suit perfectly. Little did Yuri know that Jessica had picked the dress after asking Krystal what the tomboy was going to wear tonight.

“If there were a best dressed couples contest, I bet we would win,” joked Yuri. Jessica ignored the comment and took another shot of tequila.

Yuri then reached for Jessica’s free hand. “I’m sorry I didn’t make it to the party. Did you get the gift I sent you?”

Jessica immediately pulled her hand back and continued to ignore Yuri, but the effects of the alcohol began to kick in and she felt herself starting to relax. “Yes, I did get the gift. Thank you.”

Yuri smiled and held Jessica’s hand again. “Why don’t you thank me by saving a dance for me tonight, okay?”

Jessica shivered at Yuri’s touch. “Okay, just one dance, but I decide what song and when.”

“Okay, Jessi. Just grab me when it’s time. It’s okay if I call you Jessi, right?”

Jessica felt a fluttering sensation in her stomach when Yuri called her Jessi. “Only Fany calls me Jessi, but you can call me that if you’d like.”

“Jessi suits you. It’s cute...just like you.”

Jessica blushed and smiled at Yuri who stood up and headed to the next table to sit with the guys.

“Are you sure there isn’t anything you want to talk about, Jessi?” Tiffany asked again after witnessing the little exchange between the tomboy and her best friend.

Jessica suddenly stood up and dragged Tiffany to the dance floor. “I said it’s nothing, Fany. Let’s dance.”