IT'S ABOUT ING TIME

Happily Ever After?

The next morning, Yuri woke up and felt like . Her head was pounding, she felt nauseated, and the sunlight just made it all ten times worse. Great…all I need now is a in’ hangover. The last thing she remembered was stumbling into the kitchen and eating leftovers with Amber and Taeyeon. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around the room. Okay, so I made it back to my room. I hope Amber and Tae are okay.

Suddenly, Yuri felt a gentle tug on her waist from behind and realized she wasn’t alone in the bed as a soft slender arm pulled her body closer. She slowly turned her head back and came face to face with a sleeping Jessica Jung. Oh ! What the !? Did I!? Did we!? She quickly peeked under the sheets and was relieved that neither one of them was . Thank the Lord!

It’s not that Yuri didn’t ever think of being intimate with Jessica. It’s just that if it ever happened, she didn’t want it to be the result of a drunken act of stupidity and wanted it be something special…something that she would remember.

Yuri rubbed her eyes and glanced at the clock on the wall. It was already noon and she knew that Jessica would be waking up soon. She gently removed the sleeping girl’s arm from around her waist and crawled out of bed. She put on some shorts and a t-shirt, and grabbed her sunglasses to lessen the suffering magnified by the sunlight. As she put on the glasses she suddenly felt dizzy and immediately sat back down on the edge of the bed.

As she sat down, she felt Jessica’s arms wrap around her from behind giving her a hug. “Yuri, what are you doing sitting up? You were so wasted last night so I know you feel like . Come back to bed. I’m going to take care of you today. It’s the least I can do after everything you’ve done for me.”

Yuri was too hung over to argue. She crawled back into bed while Jessica tucked her in. “You stay here. I’m going to get you some water and juice, and something for your headache. You should eat a little something too. I’ll go see if Hyo Yeon cooked anything.”

For the rest of the day, Jessica totally catered to Yuri. She made sure that she had plenty of liquids and hand fed the tomboy to make sure that she ate. They even napped together, which was Jessica's absolute favorite part of the day because she got to cuddle with the handsome tanned girl she had grown so fond of. It was pretty much the same scenario for Amber and Taeyeon, whose girlfriends were also helping them recover from their hangovers.

 

Upstairs, in one of the beach house bedrooms

“So, Tae,” Tiffany said as she rubbed Taeyeon’s temples, “did you talk to Yuri? Did you fix things?”

Taeyeon groaned and sat up. “Yes, Fany…Amber and I both did. Yuri knows all about the Tyler thing and she’s willing to talk to Jessica today. Actually, it will probably be tonight since I know Yuri is hating life just as much as I am right now. Tequila is not my friend.”

Tiffany leaned forward and kissed Taeyeon on the forehead. “You’re the best, Tae. I’ll let Jessi know that Yuri wants to talk. Maybe they can do it at the bonfire tonight and finally settle things between them.”

 

Later that night

As they sat around the bonfire, Tiffany pulled Jessica aside. “Tonight’s your chance, Jessi. Yuri is waiting to talk to you. She’s over by the lifeguard stand.”

Jessica hugged Tiffany and smiled. She ran to the lifeguard stand and found Yuri sitting on the stairs. When Yuri saw her, she stood up and reached out for Jessica’s hand and gently intertwined their fingers. They walked a little further down the beach where they could talk privately.

As they settled by a quite spot down the shore, Yuri took a deep breath and looked Jessica straight in the eye. “I’m really sorry about last night, Jessi. I shouldn’t have yelled at you. You deserve to be treated with more respect than that. I just felt so jealous when that Tyler guy was around you. I know I have no right to be…but it’s just that I really like you… a lot.”

Jessica smiled at the tomboy’s words. “It’s okay, Yuri. I’m sorry too. I should have told you about Tyler when I found out he was at the party. I know you saw him trying to kiss me, but what you didn’t see was me slap him and kick him in the balls. He is just a friend. I don’t like him romantically. I like you…I always have.”

Yuri was elated to finally hear Jessica’s confession and grinned from ear to ear. She likes me! Yes!

As they continued to talk, they both apologized for not being honest with each other when they first met and agreed to a fresh start.

Yuri bowed to Jessica. “Hi, my name is Yuri Lui. I am 30 years old and from Los Angeles. I deliver babies for a living. My favorite color is red. I like dogs and long walks on the beach. I am cousins with Amber Liu of f(x). Oh yeah, and I’m single.” At least for the time being…

Jessica giggled at Yuri’s formal, but silly, introduction. "Nice to meet you, Dr. Liu. My name is Jessica Jung. My Korean name is Soo Yeon. I am 26 years old…that’s my Korean age, so I’m really 25. I’m originally from San Francisco. I am a member of the Korean pop group Girls’ Generation. My favorite color is white. I also like dogs and long walks on the beach. My sister is Krystal Jung of f(x).”

“It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Jung," Yuri said as she took Jessica's hand and placed a small kiss on it like she had done at the airport. "Wait! You forgot something.”

Jessica blushed. “Oh, yeah. I’m also single.” I hope not for long.

“That’s good to know." Yuri smiled and let go of Jessica's hand. "What I was going to say is that you love chocolate ice cream.”

Jessica blushed again. “That’s right…and I hate cucumbers," she said as she frowned at that thought of the ugly green vegetable.

“Cucumbers? Seriously? That’s so weird. What’s wrong with you?" Yuri teased.

“Pabo!” Jessica shouted as she smacked Yuri's arm. "Don't be an ! There's nothing wrong with me!"

Yuri rubbed her arm. “Oww! I was kidding. Amber said Krystal likes to hit her too. I guess beauty and violence run in your family.”

As Jessica pulled her arm back to hit the tomboy again, Yuri quickly stepped back to avoid being hit, tripped on a piece of driftwood and fell back onto the soft sand. Jessica who was in mid-swing, lost her balance, fell forward and landed directly on top of Yuri. They laid there staring at each other, their faces just inches apart. Their hearts beat rapidly in their chests as a surge of electricity shot through them both. Jessica closed her eyes and pursed her lips as Yuri moved in closer. Just as their lips were about to touch, they suddenly heard Amber’s voice in the distance. "Yuri! Jessica! Come on! Get over here! We’re gonna tell ghost stories!”

Jessica immediately opened her eyes and rested her head on Yuri's chest. "I hate ghost stories," she sighed. "Me too," said Yuri. They sat up and dusted off the sand and smiled awkwardly at one another as they headed back toward the bonfire hand in hand.

Back at the bonfire, Hyo Yeon told the first couple of stories which had the girls squealing and screaming in fear. Jessica wasn't lying when she said she hated ghost stories. She was terrified and moved closer and closer to Yuri after each tale.

Taeyeon was up next and was known to tell some pretty scary stories. She told a story about a seaweed covered creature that came from the depths at night and attacked young beachgoers. The creature was a young man who died in a boat fire 50 years ago. He hated fire and whenever anyone lit a fire on the beach, he would rise from the depths to extinguish it and kill the people who started it.

Suddenly, Sunny stood up, pointed toward the shore and screamed, "Aaaahhhhh!! It's the creature!! He's going to kill us!!" Amber saw the dark figure walking toward them and yelled, "Oh !! We're gonna die!!" as she ducked behind Krystal. Jessica shrieked and pulled Yuri's arm over her shoulder and hid her face in the tomboy's chest as she tightly wrapped her arms around her.

All of a sudden, Taeyeon and Tiffany started laughing hysterically. Everyone looked at them puzzled. The dark figure approached the camp and Hyo Yeon's face popped out from behind the seaweed strands. "Boo!" she said and laughed. "Gotcha!" Taeyeon said as she stood up and pointed at her friends. Amber stepped out from behind Krystal. "I k-knew it w-was Hyo all along," she said with a slight tremble in her voice while trying to sound brave. "My scared little llama, did you pee in your pants?" Krystal teased.

After a few more stories everyone started to wind down while music played on the boom box. Hyo Yeon, Sunny and Seohyun made smores together by the fire. Tiffany and Taeyeon stood at the shoreline holding hands while Amber and Krystal played games on their cell phones. Krystal nudged Amber and motioned for her to look over at Jessica and Yuri.

Jessica had fallen asleep with her head resting on Yuri’s lap. The song ‘Everytime We Touch’ began to play over the boom box.

*Right click on link below and open in new tab to hear song.*
Everytime We Touch (Yanou’s Candlelight Mix)
(by Cascada)
 

Yuri began to hum to the song which awakened Jessica who looked up sleepily at her. Jessica reached up and caressed Yuri's face and stared lovingly into her eyes. “I love you, Yuri Liu.” She then gently placed a soft kiss on the tomboy's lips. Yuri was pleasantly surprised and immediately kissed Jessica back.

Everyone was watching the couple as they shared their first kiss, and unanimously cried out, “Aaaaaawww," and started clapping. “It’s about ing time!” Taeyeon shouted making everyone laugh.

Jessica broke the kiss and looked up at Yuri apologetically…her cheeks flushed. "I’m sorry…I thought I was dreaming."

Yuri smiled. "Don’t be. I love you too, Jessica Jung. Now where were we?" Yuri leaned back in and pressed her lips against the pink softness of Jessica's lips. Mmmm…much better than cotton candy...