I STILL LOVE YOU

Happily Ever After?

Yuri was awakened by the sound of the front door closing. She looked out the bedroom window and saw an unfamiliar car drive away. I wonder who that was. Năinai is the only person I'm expecting today. Whatever...it probably wasn't anyone important. Yuri then did her usual morning stretches. When she was done, she washed up and headed downstairs where she greeted the young woman who was standing in the kitchen.

“Hey, you’re up early. Who was that at the door?”

“Good morning to you too, sleepyhead,” the young woman replied as she poured Yuri a cup of coffee. “It was a girl…she was asking for you. She didn’t want me to wake you up or leave a message though. She didn’t even tell me her name.”

“That’s weird. I wonder who she was," Yuri replied.

“Whoever she was, she was very pretty. Is there something you want to tell me, Yuri?”

“You know me better than that. There’s nothing to tell. Was she alone?”

“I saw an older guy in the front seat of the car, but she came to the door by herself.”

"My mom has been trying to set me up with her co-worker’s daughter…maybe that’s who it was,” Yuri reasoned. “Hey, where did you get that shirt from?” the tomboy asked after she noticed the t-shirt that her female guest was wearing. 

"I found it in a pile of clean laundry," the overnight guest answered. "Sorry."

"It's fine. Please just be sure  that you don’t take the shirt with you when you leave, it’s my favorite one," Yuri replied. "Anyway, I think you should go home now, Gyuri. I’ll call a cab for you."

The night before Jessica and Tiffany arrived in L.A., Yuri had attended a fundraising event at the hospital. Her ex-girlfriend Gyuri had gotten into a huge fight with her fiancé Henry and passed out drunk at the party. Yuri felt bad for the girl since she knew that Gyuri had no family in L.A. and Henry was on-call at the hospital and couldn’t take care of her. Being the kind-hearted person that she was, Yuri told Henry that she would watch over Gyuri. She took her back to her place and let the drunken girl sleep in the guest room, which was where Gyuri had found the Domo Domo shirt in a pile of clean laundry.

For the past 3 months, Yuri and Gyuri had been back on speaking terms. It was hard for Yuri to completely avoid her since they worked in the same hospital unit, so she decided that being cordial would be easier than stirring up any unnecessary drama, especially at work. It just made things easier that way. After everything that happened in Korea with Jessica, Yuri wanted to get as far away from any drama as she possibly could. She and Henry, Gyuri’s now fiancé, had also managed to repair their friendship.

Gyuri went upstairs to the guest room and changed back into her clothes from the night before. She folded the t-shirt and left it on the dresser. That’s when she noticed the edge of a photo sticking out from a small box sitting on the dresser. She pulled out the pictures and saw a familiar face. As she came down the stairs she called out to Yuri. “Hey, I found these pictures in the guest room. The girl in the pictures with you…she was the one that came by this morning.”

Yuri took the pictures from Gyuri. “What girl? Let me see those.” Yuri’s eyes widened. “This girl in the pictures was here this morning? Are you sure it was her?” She shoved the pictures back in Gyuri’s face. “Are you sure!?”

“Yes, it was her. I never forget a face. Plus she was wearing the same pendant that she’s wearing in the pictures. What’s wrong? Who is she?”

“She was a girl I met in Korea when I went to visit Amber. It’s a long story…I don’t want to talk about it,” Yuri said angrily.

“Are you okay, Yuri? Did something happen between the two of you? You look really happy together in these pictures.”

“It’s none of your business, Gyuri. Just drop it, okay?”

“It’s obvious something happened. I can see how upset you are. She was also pretty upset when she left. She was crying when she got in the car.”

“She was crying? Really? Oh , Gyuri! She must have recognized you from Amber’s old pictures. Plus, you answered the door dressed in the t-shirt that she gave me. She must have thought that you and I were back together.” Yuri suddenly panicked. “Wait! Did she see your ring!?”

“Yes…she told me it was beautiful. She congratulated me and asked when the wedding was.”

“Oh ! She probably thinks you and I got back together and that we’re engaged. Why did Henry buy such a huge ring for you? I almost went blind the first time I saw it.”

“It is a nice ring, isn’t it?” Gyuri asked as she admired the large rock on her finger.

“That’s not the point, Gyuri. What a ing mess! I have to find Jessi and explain everything! Where’s my damn phone!?!”

“Yuri, I’m really sorry for any trouble I’ve caused. I hope you find her.”

“It’s okay…you didn’t know who she was. I really hope I find her too. Hey, your cab just pulled up. You’d better hurry and go make up with your fiancé.”

Gyuri thanked the tomboy and ran out to the waiting cab. Yuri grabbed her phone, plopped down on the couch, and started to make some phone calls. Where the hell would she go? Where are you, Jessi? I have to find you. Please come back to me so we can fix this. I still love you…