MISUNDERSTANDING

Happily Ever After?

Ailee had been watching Yuri and Jessica dance from the bar. She could see that they were clearly attracted to one another, and she couldn’t help but feel disappointed and hurt. She gathered herself and headed back to the table, intent on continuing to help Yuri like she had promised.

“Ready to go, Yuri?”

“Actually Ailee, I’ve got plans to meet up with some friends later. Amber said she’ll take you home, right Ambro?”

“Where are you going?” Ailee and Amber asked simultaneously.

“Hyuna, one of the club’s dancers, invited me to an afterhours club with her and some friends. I really want to check it out.”

Amber pulled Yuri aside. “Don’t you have to work tomorrow? Are you gonna hook up that Hyuna girl?”

“Don’t worry Ambro, they gave me the rest of the week off,” Yuri replied. “You know you shouldn’t judge Hyuna by her appearance. She’s a nice girl and she has a boyfriend. It’s just been awhile since I’ve gone out clubbing and I’m not ready to go home yet. I’ll be fine. Donghae is coming with me.”

Amber gave her cousin a serious look. “Fine, Yuri. Have fun and be careful, but I want to talk to you tomorrow about what happened tonight, okay? I want to make sure we’re still on the same page with this whole Jessica business.”

“Yes, mother,” teased Yuri. “Geez, who’s the older cousin here? Don’t worry, okay? I promise we’ll talk tomorrow. Bye Ailee…bye Krystal,” Yuri said and waved as she headed out the door with Hyuna and Donghae.

 

The next morning…

Yuri and Donghae had a great time at the afterhours club, especially Donghae who ending up making out with Bora, the other go-go dancer from Déjà Vu. Tons of girls flirted with Yuri, but she ignored them. The only girl that was on her mind was Jessica…the dance they had shared…the kiss on the cheek. After the club closed at 7 AM, Donghae suggested they grab a bite to eat before going home.

It was close to 8:30 AM when Hyuna and Bora drove Yuri and Donghae back to the dorm. They pulled over two blocks away so Donghae wouldn’t be seen by any of the managers or the press. At that same moment, Girls’ Generation was leaving the dorm on their way to film a variety show.

“Isn’t that Donghae and Yuri?” Sunny said pointing out the van window. “Who are those girls they’re with?” Hyo Yeon rolled the window down to get a better look. “They look like the go-go dancers from Déjà Vu.”

Jessica was shocked when she saw Yuri and Donghae dressed in the same clothes from last night, standing with two girls next to a black car with tinted windows. As she watched Yuri hug Hyuna she felt angry and hurt. You ing ! Oh, you’re good, Yuri Liu. You almost had me fooled into thinking that we had a special moment last night…then you go and spend the night with that go-go . Jerk! Suffice it to say that Jessica’s mood for the rest of the day was not good.

Once Yuri got back to the dorm, she changed clothes and immediately passed out. It was about 5:00 PM when she was awakened by a text message. It was from Donghae who had just woken up. He figured that Yuri had also spent most of the day asleep recovering from their night out, and wanted to meet his club buddy for dinner.

After confirming the time and place, Yuri got ready and headed out to meet Donghae. On the way out, she ran into Jessica and Krystal in the dorm lobby who had just returned from an afternoon of shopping. “Hey, it’s my favorite Jungs! Looks like you two did some damage at the mall.”

“Apparently not as much damage as you and Donghae did last night,” Jessica remarked with a look of disgust on her face.

Krystal just waved at Yuri and kept quiet. Jessica had told her what she saw that morning and she wasn’t sure what to believe.

“Here, let me help you with those,” Yuri said as she took the shopping bags from the sisters and followed them into the elevator.

“So, did you and Donghae oppa have fun last night?” Krystal asked Yuri as her older sister gave her a dirty look.

“Yeah, Hae and I had a blast! It was awesome! That guy knows how to have a good time.” Yuri noticed the odd look on Jessica’s face. God, this girl is moody.

Jessica was surprised that Yuri didn’t deny that she and Donghae had a wild night out. Who knows what those two idiots did with those girls last night…I’m not surprised about Yuri, but I can’t believe she dragged Donghae along with her. Stick to your guns, Jessica. Play the player. Make the next move, she thought to herself.

As they stepped out of the elevator, Jessica told Krystal to take the bags from Yuri and gestured for her to wait by her apartment door. She then turned her attention back to Yuri. “So, were you serious last night about dinner?”

“Yes, very. I’m actually on my way to meet Hae for dinner right now, so how about tomorrow night?”             

“Sure, tomorrow night sounds good. Pick me up at 6:30, okay? Don’t be late.” Jessica softly pinched Yuri’s cheek and smiled when she saw the tomboy blush.

“Sounds good, Jessi. It’s a date! See you then. Bye Krystal.”

Krystal overheard everything and was more confused than ever. At the mall, all Jessica did was the entire time about Yuri being a player and how she’s playing her and Ailee, and that she hooked up with Hyuna last night. She knew her older sister hated players and didn’t understand why she would make a date with Yuri after everything she had said. Maybe it is true that unnie wants to use Yuri. Then again, Yuri said she wasn’t a player and look what happened with that go-go dancer. Oh my God...I’m so confused.

Little did Yuri know that a rumor was being spread that she and Donghae had hooked up with the go-go dancers from Déjà Vu. As soon as Amber heard the rumor, she immediately called Yuri and went to meet her at the restaurant where she and Donghae were having dinner. When Amber arrived, she asked Donghae if she could talk with her cousin privately.

Amber looked at Yuri suspiciously. “Did you know there’s a rumor going around that you and Hae slept with those go-go dancers from the club last night?”

“What!?” Yuri asked in shock. “I didn’t…we didn’t. Hae only made out with Bora, and I didn’t touch Hyuna or any other girl. Just ask Hae.”

“It’s alright, I believe you, gēge. I just needed to hear it from you. It’s just that the girls saw you guys this morning and it looked pretty suspicious.”

“What girls, Ambro? We got dropped off a couple of blocks away from the dorm. There was no one around.”

“Girls’ Generation…they were leaving to film a show and saw you guys from their van,” replied Amber. “Apparently, you guys were all over those girls.”

Yuri rolled her eyes. “We were just hugging them goodbye. Friends can hug, can’t they?” Immediately, she thought of Jessica. ! That means Jessi saw us. She thinks that I hooked up with Hyuna. That explains why she was acting weird earlier. “You gotta clear up this rumor, Amber.”

“Don’t worry…I’ll take care of it,” Amber reassured Yuri. “By the way, what was going on between you and Jessica last night? You are so into her, I can see it. I think she likes you too…or she’s playing you really well.”

“It was the alcohol, Ambro. That’s all it was.”

“Bull! Why didn’t you just kiss her? It’s not like you’ve never made out with a girl for fun. C’mon gēge, just give the girl what she wants. It’s Jessica Jung for God’s sake! Do you know how many people would kill to be in your shoes!? You don’t have to sleep with her.”

Yuri hesitated to answer. “I know, I know. She’s just so damn cute! Maybe I should just let her use me. The girl is driving me nuts! Oh ! What the hell is wrong with me!?”

“There’s nothing wrong with you. Jessica is a pretty girl. It’s that Jung thing Krystal told us about. I guess we Lius are defenseless against it. What are you going to do now?” asked Amber.

“Keep playing the game, of course,” replied Yuri

“What? Are you sure?” Amber was confused at Yuri’s response. “Wait a minute…you really do like her…that’s why you won’t kiss her. You’ll only initiate the kiss if you know it means something to her too. That’s the reason, isn’t it?”

Amber’s revelation made Yuri finally realize that she had feelings for Jessica. “Maybe I do like her, but it doesn’t matter. Jessica still agreed to go on a date with me despite the fact that she thinks I slept with Hyuna. Why would she unless she had an ulterior motive? She’s playing along well, that’s for sure.”

“Whatever you say, gēge…it’s your call. Just be careful. You don’t want to set yourself up for heartbreak.”

Amber looked around for Donghae and saw him sitting at the bar flirting with the hostess. She waved at him to come back to the table. “I’d better go now, Yuri. Sorry to interrupt your little bromance with Hae,” she teased. “Call me later.”

Yuri sat back in her chair and stared at the flickering candle on the table. I can’t fall for Jessica. Maybe I’m just mistaking lust for love…I mean like, not love! I don’t love her! I can’t love her! This is all just one big misunderstanding.