IT'S A JUNG THING

Happily Ever After?

A couple of days had passed since the lunchtime flirt fest. After Yuri finished her work at Seoul University Hospital, she met Amber and Krystal at a local café for lunch. Amber had since filled Yuri in on the new plan which now involved Ailee.

Krystal was now also well aware of the plan. She didn’t like that her sister was involved, but agreed that what Jessica was doing to Yuri wasn’t cool even though her sister had never been one to play games.

“Are you sure you guys want to go through with this?” she asked the Liu cousins. “I can just talk to my sister and clear this all up. It has the potential to get really ugly. She’s not a bad person once you get to know her. She’s actually really sweet.”

“Don’t worry, Krys,” Amber said trying to reassure her. “Yuri knows what she’s doing. You’ve done this before, right gēge?”

“Umm…not really.”

Amber nearly choked on her ddukbokki. “What do you mean ‘not really’? When you were planning on telling me this? Better yet, what are you planning to do?”

“I’m just going to do what I do when I like a girl…shower her with compliments, sweet gestures…you know, stuff like that,” Yuri explained. “I figured Krystal could help me out.” She turned and faced Krystal. “What can I do to impress your sister?”

Krystal gave Yuri a stern look. “I’m not sure I want to be a part of this. She is my sister, you know. I’m supposed to be on her side.”

“C’mon Krystal…please. I promise I won’t do anything to hurt her…it’s just a game, remember?”

“Okay, Yuri…I’ll help you, but only because you’re Amber’s cousin. Even though I’m not comfortable with all of this, watching you and unnie make fools of yourselves might be fun,” said the younger Jung. "Anyway, you don’t need grandiose gestures...sweet, thoughtful ones are better," she suggested. "Unnie likes guys who...I mean…her ideal type is someone who is gentle and who makes her feel comfortable and safe…someone who will take care of her. She wants someone she can be herself with and not have to impress…someone warm and sincere. Being smart is a plus too. Oh, and she really likes chocolate.”

“Hey Yuri, you sound like Jessica’s ideal type already. This should be easy for you,” remarked the younger tomboy.  “So, what are you going to do if she tries to kiss you or you know?” Amber asked wiggling her eyebrows.

Krystal smacked her girlfriend on the arm. “My unnie is not that kind of girl!”

“Owww! That hurt! Sorry, Krys…I didn’t mean to imply that your sister was easy.”

“Amber, show some respect,” Yuri scolded. “I’m not planning to kiss Jessica, but we’ll just have to see how things go. Actually, kissing her wouldn’t be a bad thing if her motives were sincere. I’m just bothered by the fact that she wants to use me. I figured I’d just make her fall for me and then call her bluff. Besides, whoever instigates the first kiss loses the game...and it’s not going to be me.”

After lunch, Amber reminded Yuri that the anniversary party for Girls’ Generation was tonight and the plan was to go out to a private club afterwards.

“I’m just going to skip the party and show up with Ailee. That should get Jessica’s attention,” Yuri replied.

“Good idea. I’ll text Ailee to let her know.” Amber pulled out her phone and sent her friend a quick text. When she was done she gave Yuri a thumbs-up. “She’s in. I told her you would pick her up at 9PM.”

As the girls got ready to leave the café, Amber tapped Yuri on the shoulder. “Hey, you want to go shopping with Krys and I? We need to pick up some for outfits for tonight. Plus, you really need a haircut. If năinai saw your hair she’d scold you. I can’t even see your eyes.”

“Yeah, Yuri, come with us…pleeeease!” Krystal said pouting. “It’ll be fun. After we go shopping, we’ll take you to Jo Kwon. He cuts Amber’s hair, as well as Donghae’s and Jonghyun’s.”

“No wonder you three look alike,” Yuri said and chuckled. “I’m not so sure I want to have this dino-stylist cut my hair.”

At the mall, Amber picked up black slacks, a black button down shirt, and a red blazer to match the y red mini-dress Krystal had chosen. Yuri settled on a dark gray suit with a black button down shirt.

Before heading to the salon, Yuri stopped by the florist and then a candy store. She ordered an arrangement of pink roses for Girls’ Generation to congratulate them on their anniversary, as well as a single red rose and box of chocolate covered strawberries for Jessica with a note attached that read ‘Since you didn’t accept the ice cream, please enjoy these instead. Congratulations on your anniversary!’  She then arranged to have everything delivered to the dorm.

Afterwards, Yuri met Amber and Krystal at the salon. Upon meeting Yuri, Jo Kwon immediately pinched her cheeks. “Oh my God…sooo cute! I have just the haircut for you. It will make the girls go wild.”

Yuri smiled nervously. “Just don’t make me look like a dinosaur, okay?”

Jo Kwon proceeded to work his magic and when he was done he spun the chair around revealing Yuri’s new faux hawk style cut. “Much better,” Amber complimented. “Now I can see your eyes. Just turn on the Liu charm and Jessica won’t be able to resist you, gēge.”

“What do you think, Krystal?” Yuri smiled and struck a model-like pose. “I don’t look like that llama dino cousin of mine, do I? Be honest, please.”

Krystal turned to look at Yuri and was stupefied by the tomboy’s smoldering look. “Y-you look f-fine…uh, yeah, fine…no dino.” The younger Jung had just become a victim of the Liu charm and her girlfriend was not amused.

Amber stood there with her arms crossed looking very annoyed. “Hello? Krystal? I’m standing right here. Remember me? Your girlfriend?”

Krystal snapped out of her trance and smiled at Amber. “Oh sorry, babe…I was just admiring Yuri’s new haircut. Don’t worry…you’re the only Liu I love.” She then turned her attention back to the newly coiffed tomboy. “Yuri, you will definitely impress my sister, but I should warn you, you’re not the only one who can turn on the charm,” she said as she gave Amber a lingering seductive smile followed by a wink. “It’s a Jung thing, right baby?”

Amber blushed and looked at Krystal with googly eyes. “Yes, my princess.”

“You’re so whipped, Ambro,” Yuri teased.

Little did Amber and Krystal know that Yuri had already experienced the ‘Jung thing’ on more than one occasion. The first time was at LAX when Jessica removed her sunglasses and smiled at the tomboy. The second time was at the gym when Jessica caressed Yuri’s face.

Yuri pictured Jessica’s beautiful eyes and gorgeous smile which sent chills up and down her spine. “This is going to be a lot tougher than I thought,” she muttered under her breath.