PLAYIN' A PLAYER (part 2)

Happily Ever After?

Yuri lay on the court dazed, but conscious. “I’m fine, Amber. I taste blood. Where is it coming from?”

“It’s just a small cut on your lower lip. Smile for me,” Amber instructed.

“Smile?” Yuri looked at her confused.

“Yes, smile. I just want to make sure you didn’t lose any teeth.”

Yuri flashed a dorky smile at Amber. “Okay, they’re all there,” the younger tomboy said as she breathed a sigh of relief and then laughed at the ridiculous smile on Yuri’s face as she handed her a towel.

Everyone in the stands stood up to see what was going on. Jessica looked at Hara who was now crouched down low in her seat, cheeks bright red from embarrassment. She realized she had distracted Yuri and caused the accident. “Sica, maybe we’ll save the introduction for another time. Tell Yuri I’m sorry,” she said as she stood up and slipped out the back door of the gym.

Jessica actually felt glad that Hara had left before any introductions were made as she really didn’t want to see the flirt fest that would have occurred. At the same time she felt bad that Yuri had gotten hurt. She turned her attention back to the court and was relieved to see Yuri up off of the floor and standing. She saw the bloody towel and was about to take a step in Yuri’s direction to see if she was okay when someone stepped in front of her. It was Ailee. “Excuse me, Jessica,” she said as she made her way toward Yuri who was now seated on the bench.

Ailee grabbed some ice from one of the coolers and wrapped it in a towel. She sat next to Yuri and placed the cold towel against her lip as she brushed Yuri's bangs away from her face. The tomboy flinched and then placed her hand over Ailee’s to help hold the towel in place.

When Jessica saw Yuri touch Ailee’s hand, a rush of mixed emotions surged through her. Was she angry? Was she jealous? She wasn’t quite sure what she was feeling…all she knew was that it bothered her to see Yuri and Ailee together. She felt herself getting more and more upset as a million thoughts raced through her mind.  How do they know each other? Does she like Yuri? Should I warn Ailee that Yuri is a player? Does Yuri like her? Should I go down there to see if Yuri is alright? No, I can’t go down there. Wait, Amber said Yuri isn’t ready to date. Why are they so friendly with each other? Aish! Do they have to sit so close?

Jessica caught herself staring and quickly turned away hoping that no one had noticed. Little did she know that Tiffany had been watching the entire time, suspicious of Jessica’s feelings.

Right as Jessica turned away, Yuri looked up in her direction to see if Jessica was at all concerned about her getting hurt. Nope… guess she doesn’t care, she thought feeling a little disappointed. Yuri then turned to Ailee and smiled as she took the towel from her. “It’s okay, Ailee. I’ll hold it now. Thank you for the ice.”

Amber walked over to Key who was busy putting small ponytails in his hair. “Key, you gotta sub for Yuri. Hopefully, it will be just for one play. C’mon, we need you.”

Key rolled his eyes and sighed, “I didn’t want to get sweaty today, Amber, but if you really need me, then I guess I can do it.”

All Key needed to do was stand on the court to complete the team of five. Donghae took the ball out and passed it to Jonghyun who passed it to Minho down low. Minho tried to put the ball up but was heavily guarded by Kai. Amber managed to out maneuver Suho and was open to take a shot. Minho passed the ball between Kai’s legs to Amber who made a 12-foot fade away jumper from the right baseline.

“Game!” Minho shouted. “Yeah! Lunch on you guys!” he yelled while looking at the EXO boys as he high-fived his teammates. “Sorry Taemin and Eunhyuk,” he apologized to his friends on the losing team.

Minho then walked over to Yuri. “You alright, dude? Sorry about your lip.”

Yuri moved the towel away from . “It’s cool, Minho. I don’t mind taking one for the team,” she said and smiled. “So where are we going for lunch? I’m starving!” Yuri yelled out as she high-fived Minho and the rest of her team.

“Did someone say lunch?” Krystal asked walking over toward the bench.

“Sorry, Krystal…the losing team is treating, so only the guys, including Amber and Yuri, are going,” Minho said apologetically. “I guess that includes Key even though he only stood on the court for 15 seconds.”

“How about if we pay for our own meals?” Ailee chimed in. “I guess so,” Minho replied.

“What do say guys? It is cool if they join us?” Yuri asked. Ailee smiled at the tomboy thinking that she was asking so that they could hang out, but Yuri was actually doing it as a way of thanking Ailee for caring for her injury and so that Amber could be with Krystal.

“It’s cool with me. The more the merrier,” Donghae said as the other boys nodded in agreement.

Jonghyun sniffed his armpits and cringed. “Well, some of us are starting to smell a little ripe, so after we get cleaned up let’s meet at Parkdaegamne restaurant in an hour.”

“We should call and reserve a table then,” Key suggested. “I’ll do it since I don’t smell like the rest of you dirty boys…and girls,” he teased as he glared at Jonghyun and then smiled at Amber and Yuri. “Okay, who’s joining us for lunch?”

“Count me and Sulli in,” Krystal said excitedly in anticipation of the delicious beef she would soon be eating.

“I’m in!” shouted Ailee.

“We’re in,” Hyo Yeon and Sunny said in unison.

“Me too,” said a faint voice in the distance. Everyone turned to see who the voice belonged to and were surprised to see Jessica making her way down the bleachers toward the group. “I said me too, Key,” Jessica said as she glanced at Yuri whose eyes met hers.

As Jessica headed toward the gym exit, she walked by Yuri and suddenly stopped in front of her. Yuri stood there dumbfounded as Jessica reached over and grabbed Yuri's hand to move the towel away from her face, which sent an electrical sensation up both of their spines the instant their hands met.

The petite beauty proceeded to caress Yuri's cheek with the back of her free hand while seductively biting her lower lip, and examined the cut on the tomboy’s lip. “It doesn’t look too bad. I don’t think it’s going to scar.” She then walked away slightly exaggerating the sway in her hips. “See you at lunch, Yuri.”

As Jessica walked out the gym door, she cracked a devious smile. Take that, Yuri Liu. Now let’s see how a player like you enjoys being played. Hara had a good idea for once. I’m going to mess with your game, Liu. When I’m done with you, your player days will be over.