SECOND DATE

Happily Ever After?

The next day, Yuri met Amber and Krystal for breakfast at a dim sum place the young couple frequented. Before taking a bite of her shrimp dumpling, she turned to Amber and Krystal. “I need to tell you guys something. Jessica and I had our first date last night.”

Krystal’s face lit up with excitement. “That’s right! The date was last night! How did it go?”

Amber gently punched Yuri’s arm. “What!? Already!?”

Krystal leaned forward on the table and rested her chin on her hands. “So…where did you go? What did you do? Did you guys kiss? Who made the first move? I want details.”

“Whoa there, Krystal…slow down. I’ll start from the beginning.” Yuri then proceeded to explain the details of the date to her breakfast companions.

“Oh my God, that sounds so romantic,” Krystal squealed. “I bet unnie was so impressed. You’re going to make her fall for you if you keep this up you know.”

“So, did you kiss?” Amber asked.

“At one point I really thought she was going to kiss me, but she didn’t. It was like she was waiting for me to do it. Besides, I already told you I’m not going to make the first move. If I do, I lose.”

Krystal gave Yuri a serious look. “Did you want to kiss my sister?”

“I have to admit I was very tempted. You’re sister can be very seductive. I have to give her credit, she almost got me.”

Amber could tell that Yuri was really into Jessica, but didn’t want to give her a hard time about it in front of Krystal. “So gēge…when’s the next date?”

 

Later that evening…

Jessica called Yuri and made plans to come by her place at 8 PM. She told Yuri that their date destination was going to be a surprise and to dress casually. When 8 o’clock rolled around, Jessica showed up at the door with ice cream and a DVD…Romeo and Juliet, the Leonardo DiCaprio/Claire Danes version.

“I was hoping we could just stay in, have ice cream and watch a movie. I brought chocolate. I hope that’s okay," Jessica said as she walked into the apartment.

“Sounds good to me, Jessi.” Yuri took the ice cream and went to the kitchen to grab some bowls.

Jessica squealed the moment she saw the huge television and comfy couch in the bachelor style pad. “I heard the TV was big, but this is massive.”

Jessica made herself comfortable on the couch while Yuri set up the DVD. The two sat on opposite ends of the couch as they ate their ice cream and watched the first 20 minutes of the movie. After taking their empty bowls to the kitchen, Jessica sat back on the couch closer to Yuri. “It’s a little chilly in here. Do you have a blanket I can use, Yuri?”

Yuri got up and grabbed the throw blanket from the foot of the bed and gave it to Jessica. “Can you dim the lights too, please? It makes it feel like we’re really at the movies.”

Yuri suddenly felt nervous as she dimmed the lights. Okay, I guess Jessi’s not playing around tonight. It looks like she’s going to make her move. When Yuri sat back on the couch, she increased the distance between her and Jessica to test her theory. Let’s see if she asks me to move closer.

“Why are you so far away, Yuri? Come share the blanket with me. It’s cold. I promise I won’t bite.” I might if you want me too, Jessica thought and smiled.

Yuri hesitated, but moved closer as Jessica shared the blanket with her. Yup…Jung is gonna make her move. Am I ready for this?

About halfway through the movie, Jessica began to feel sleepy and rested her head on Yuri’s shoulder. Yuri didn’t mind and actually found the closeness with Jessica enjoyable. This feels nice. Wait…don’t get caught in her trap, Liu. Stay in control. Why does she have to smell so good?

Before long, the two of them had fallen asleep…Jessica with her head on Yuri’s shoulder and Yuri with her head resting on top of Jessica’s head. It was almost midnight when Yuri was partially awakened by the small ache in her neck. Without much difficulty, she was able to stretch out on the couch comfortably without waking Jessica as she cradled the petite girl in her arms so she wouldn’t fall off of the couch. At this point, half of Jessica’s body was on the couch while the other half was on top Yuri with her head resting on the tomboy’s chest. The two snuggled closely and fell into a deep sleep…both getting the best night’s sleep they each have had in a very, very long time.

The next morning, Yuri was awakened by the sound of her cell phone beeping. She smiled when she saw Jessica asleep in her arms. She’s so beautiful when she’s sleeping. She was surprised that the phone didn’t wake Jessica. Geez, this girl sure is a heavy sleeper.

Yuri gently reached over to the coffee table and grabbed her phone. It was a text from Amber.

Ambro: U awake? Jessica didn’t go back to her place last night. Krys is worried.

Yuri: Tell her not to worry. Jessica is with me. She’s asleep.

Ambro: OMG! Did u guys do it last night? Krys is gonna kill u!

Yuri: She just slept over. WE DID NOT HAVE !

Ambro: Good. Wake her up. We’re coming over.

Yuri: No. She’s really tired and is dead asleep. Let the poor girl rest.

Ambro: She’s always like that. Will sleep all day if u let her.

Yuri: I’ll wake her up later. Gotta go. Bye.

Ambro: Good luck with that. Meet me for dinner tonight. Llama out.

Yuri looked at the time on her phone and saw that it was already 10 AM. She gently rolled Jessica off of her and got up from the couch. She covered the sleeping girl with the blanket and went to wash up before she made breakfast for her overnight guest.

About 30 minutes later, Jessica began to stir on the couch and slowly opened her eyes. Mmmm, I smell bacon. She sat up and stretched, and turned to see Yuri in the kitchen.

“Good morning, sleeping beauty. Did you sleep well?” Yuri asked as she cracked an egg into a bowl.

Jessica immediately covered her face. “Don’t look at me, Yuri!  I’m a mess!” She got up, grabbed her purse and ran into the bathroom closing the door behind her.

"You look fine, Jessi. Don’t worry. Come have breakfast.”

Before long, Jessica came out of the bathroom. She felt embarrassed for staying the night. “Good morning. I’m sorry that I fell asleep. I guess I was pretty tired and the couch was really comfortable.”

“It’s fine. I enjoyed our little slumber party. I haven’t slept that well in a long time…must have been the couch…and the company.” Yuri’s comment made Jessica blush.

After a filling breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast, Yuri walked Jessica back to her apartment. “I had a really nice time, Yuri. It was very relaxing.” Jessica said as she smiled and gave the older girl a hug.

“I always enjoy spending time with you, Jessi. You better go inside…I’m sure everyone is worried about you. I’ll call you later.”

Jessica waved goodbye and closed the door behind her. She sighed and grinned from ear to ear thinking about the tomboy. Suddenly Tiffany popped up in front of her. “Jung Soo Yeon! Why didn’t you come home last night!? I was so worried! You should have called me! What happened? Did you do the deed? I want details and I want them now!”

Jessica grabbed her friend and hugged her tightly. “Fany…I think I like Yuri.”