THE CONFRONTATION

Happily Ever After?

SM Dorm, 3 days later

Amber walked into the living room and sat down next to Krystal on the couch. “Do you know where your sister is? I want to talk to her,” the tomboy said stoned-faced.

“I think she’s in her dorm room. Why? What’s wrong, Am?”

Amber sighed and looked at Krystal. She managed a small smile, but a look of seriousness quickly returned to her face. “Please call her, Krys. Just tell her you need to see her. If she asks if it’s about Yuri, just say no.”

Krystal sensed the importance of her girlfriend’s request. She immediately picked up her cell phone and dialed Jessica’s number. “Hello, Jess, it's Soo Jung. Are you in your dorm room? I need to talk to you…No, it’s not about Yuri…Can I come over?...Seriously, it’s not about Yuri, okay?...I’m coming over. See you in five minutes.”

Krystal hung up and turned to Amber. “She’s at her place. I told her I’d be there in five minutes. Do you want me to come with you?”

“Of course you’re coming with me. She won’t let me in if she’s sees that it’s only me at the door. Plus, I might need you for back-up.”

“O-okay,” Krystal replied nervously as she got up from the couch and followed Amber out the door. She knew that her girlfriend wasn’t going to discuss the weather with Jessica…she was going to confront her about Yuri.

The young couple made their way to the Girls’ Generation dorm suite which was a few stories above their place. Amber hid around the corner away from the view of the peep hole while Krystal knocked on the door. Jessica peered through the peep hole and saw her sister standing alone. She opened the door and looked up and down the hall. Satisfied that Krystal was alone she greeted her younger sister.

“What’s up, Soo Jung?” she asked while she stood in the doorway blocking Krystal’s path.

“Can we talk in your room, unnie? Please? It’s kind of personal.” Krystal asked while giving her big sister a serious look.

“Okay, but make this quick. I’m going out in a little bit.” Jessica turned around and walked toward her room. Krystal followed and signaled Amber to follow behind. Jessica walked into her room toward her bed and before she could turn around, both Krystal and Amber were in the room and had closed the door behind them.

Jessica turned around to find Amber and her sister standing in her room staring at her. “What the !?” she yelled, surprised. “Soo Jung, you’re such a liar! What the hell do the two of you want!?”

“I was the one who wanted to see you, Jessica,” Amber replied. “Don’t take it out on Krystal.”

“What was so important that you had to make my little sister lie to me? What the hell do you want, Amber!?”

“Just hear me out, Jessica. I won’t waste too much of your ing precious time,” Amber said as she scowled at Jessica.

Jessica sighed. She knew what was coming. “Fine, Amber. What is it that you want to say to me?”

The tomboy swallowed her fear and approached the older Jung. “Before you and Yuri got together, I asked you not to hurt her. Were you playing her the entire time you were together? Did you ever really love her? Or was she just a pawn in some sick game of yours?”

“It’s none of your business, Amber.” Jessica answered bluntly.

“Yuri is my business whether you like it or not! She’s my family!” Amber’s cheeks became flushed as she clenched both fists so tightly that her fingers and hands to began to turn white.

“I don’t have to explain anything to you. You wouldn’t understand anyway,” Jessica countered.

“Yuri really believed that you loved her, but you just walked out on her without even saying goodbye!! Don’t you think you at least owe her some kind of explanation!? You ing broke her heart!!” Amber yelled which startled both Jung sisters.

Jessica suddenly turned her back toward the two girls to hide the tears welling in her eyes. Her heart ached for Yuri and the pain became even more intense when Amber confirmed that she had broken Yuri’s heart. As much as she missed her and wanted to be with her, Jessica had already convinced herself that Yuri was better off without her….that what she had done could not be undone…that Yuri would never take her back now. She wiped her tears and turned to face Amber.

“Yuri is a big girl. She’ll get over it,” Jessica said coldly, trying to fight back her tears. “Now if you don’t have anything else to say, please get out and leave me alone.”

“I knew you were trouble, but Yuri had to go and fall in love with you!! you, Jessica Jung!! You really are a cold-hearted !!” Amber screamed out. “You’d better stay the away from my cousin!! She deserves better than you!!”

For the first time ever, both the Jung sisters were speechless. They were shocked at the tomboy’s sudden emotional outburst. This was the first time Amber had ever stood up to Jessica.

Amber immediately turned to Krystal and apologized. “I’m sorry, Krys. I know she’s your sister, but she hurt my gēge.”

Amber opened the bedroom door and walked out. Jessica looked at Krystal. “Aren’t you going to defend me, Soo Jung?”

Krystal lowered her head. She couldn’t even look her older sister in the face. “Not this time, unnie.”