006

SM Camp *EDITING.

To Jongdae's misfortune, he was woken up at -all in the morning by the disturbing screams of Baekhyun, yelling "Luhan, you ! You can't wear the same shade of pink as me. We're gonna clash like Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie!". Wiping the sleep from his eyes, mentally preparing for another day full of divas ruining his life, Jongdae drowsily walked his way into the tiny washroom only large enough to fit a basin and toilet, a result of managing to fit 6 rooms into a cabin. Loading up his toothbrush with spearmint, he began brushing his teeth lazily and allowed his eyes to close; the tiling of the room suprisingly blocked most of the ruckus from the common room. His peace was put to an end however, when an even sleepier eyed Jongin knocked into him, caused his toothbrush to be knocked out from his mouth and smear a trail of minty freshness to his cheek. 

Jongdae tried to give a menacing glare at Jongin, as much as an annoyed teenager with toothpaste on his face could look, but at the sight of Jongin's tired puppy eyes his anger dissipated. They both resumed brushing their teeth.

"Mm, sohrey.." Jongin apologised through his sleepy haze.

"Eetz okeh" Jongdae returned with a mouth full of colgate.

With the two sleepy kids and the divas in the background, the morning began.

 

 

Everyone eventually made their way to the cafeteria where breakfast was to be served. Baekhyun was sitting happily next to Chanyeol with his salmon pink shirt while Luhan was sulking about having to change into a yucky blue shirt to Sehun. Jongdae thought the shirt was fine. Carrying his bowl full of his favourite cereal, Frosty Snowflakes, Jongdae approached the EXO table. To his distaste, the only spare seats available were next to Kyungsoo and Minseok and with Kyungsoo's horrible dare last night and Jongdae's grudge holding abilities, it was not a difficult decision and he sat his perfect down next to Minseok who offered him a smile. When everyone finally got their breakfast, Jongdae witnessed the most amazing thing on the earth. Everyone was quiet. The only sound you could hear were the sounds of metal spoons clinking against the bowls. It was music to his ears. Jongdae locked away this information for a later date; peace and quiet comes with food as bribery.

 

The quiet was disrupted at the final clang of Joonmyun's spoon in his empty oatmeal bowl and his announcement.

"Okay kids! Today we're going to be creating stage names for each other. So after you're done, gather in Camp site #2." Joonmyun instructed and carried his bowl to the dish washer before he went to organise the items required with Kris. "See you there."

Jongdae went back to eating his cereal until he felt a soft jab at the junction of his ribs. He dismissed it because he just thought that Minseok was being a bit too enthusiastic about his meal until he felt a much harder jab in the same area and dropped his spoon into his milk with a gasp.

"Ow." Jongdae currently had the side of his cheek painted with a splash of sugary cereal milk.

Minseok had the decency to hastily apologise and use a napkin to wipe away the milk on his cheek. "Sorry."

Off on the side, Jongdae can hear Luhan snicker "that looks like what Sehunnie did to me the other week" to Baekhyun. Jongdae has suddenly just lost his appetite. 

Minseok cleared his throat and turned to Jongdae enthusiatically after he finished wiping the milky residue off Jongdae. 'Any, I was hoping that you would be able to think of a cool stage name for me!" Minseok smiled so his eyes would crinkle up and Jongdae thought it was one of the most innocent sights he's ever seen. 

"Sure! I'll think about it." Jongdae wiped his mouth with a napkin and carried his bowl to empty out in the sink. When he returned, he thought about leaving Minseok behind with those rascals but he thought about that angelic smile and went back to retrieve him. "Let's go?" Jongdae poked Minseok's shoulder. Jongdae saw another one of those angelic smiles shot his way as Minseok got off his seat so they could both walk towards the agreed meeting place.

When they're walking, Jongdae clarifies with himself that; he only brought Minseok along despite the awkwardness from the other day because he still needed someone to lead him around. Of course. It wasn't because of Minseoks' adorable puffy face or anything.

 

 

At the campsite, Kris and Joonmyun had just finished setting up the seats for all the members. Jongdae quickened his pace so that he could rush ahead of Minseok and hopefully be able to talk to Kris. 

When Jongdae was finally at hearing range, he stretched out a hand to Kris. "Kris hyung! Can I have a talk with you?" 

Kris looked up from what he was doing and nodded at Jongdae. "Sure, let's go for a little walk while we wait for the other's to get here then."

Jongdae bid a small goodbye to Minseok with a wave and walked off with Kris.

It was silent for a little while, Jongdae needing to gather up his thoughts until Kris cleared his throat. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

Jongdae was stunned for a little before bravely charging forward and proclaimed, "Kris. I'm not gay."

There was another pause, and Jongdae thought he was done for. Was Kris really going to kick him out? All worries were put to an end however as Kris chuckled. "I was just like you when I first got here. But you know what? It didn't matter to me anymore after I met Tao." Jongdae looked at Kris and saw a blissful expression, he assumed that he was probably thinking about Tao. 

Jongdae was adamant though and persisted. "But Kris, I know I'm not gay."

Eventually they returned to the camping site where, inevitably, they heard the bickering of Luhan and Baekhyun again. They parted before Kris gave a wordless farewell with a ruffle to Jongdae's hair. Well that was perfect, he got no answers from both the leaders. God forgive him if he turned out like those two headaches, how Chanyeol and Sehun dealt with it Jongdae would commend them. 

Jongdae returned to his seat next to Minseok and their session started.

 

Joonmyun's voice called for everyone's attention. "Okay, everyone! Let's try to make stage names for everyone. You don't have to get one if you don't want to."

"Good. Because if Sehunnie and I got stage names we wouldn't be Hunhan anymore." Luhan interrupted while picking at his manicure.

"If Hunhan aren't changing their names, then I don't want to either." Baekhyun stuck his nose into the air.

The only thing Joonmyun could do was release a long, tired sigh. "Okay then. Let's start with me then?"

The group was put into deep thought. Jongin raised his hand and snickered out "How about Ajoonma. Like ahjumma, but Joon." 

Joonmyun ignored the suggestion and asked, "Anyone else?"

This time, Tao raised his hand to suggest, "What about Suho? Like a guardian. Since you're always there for us"

Of course Joonmyun could put his trust into his wonderful baby. "That's perfect." Joonmyun smiled like a proud mother. "Let's create names for Jongin and Kyungsoo now."

Jongdae smirked before raising his hand. "How about Satan for Kyungsoo. Because he is evil." 

Kyungsoo shied away, guilty. He whimpered a small "I'm sorry." Now Jongdae was the one that felt guilty. He figured that he'd forgive Kyungsoo but he'd hold onto that grudge. Forgive but never forget.

Jongdae let out a nonchalent "Okay, fine I forgive you. How about D.O then? Like Kyungsoo's last name. It sounds cool."

The members nodded in agreement.

Jongdae had almost forgotten about his task of figuring out a stage name for Minseok until the man himself whispered into his ear, "That was a cool name. I can't wait to hear what you thought of for me."

They revolved around the group, Jongdae acquiring a stage name of Chen from the chinese members from their group. Finally, Minseok was the last. Minseok briskly shot down Luhan. "No you cannot call me Baozi."

A lightbulb lit up in Jongdae's head. Clicking his fingers in excitement, Jongdae asked Minseok, "What about Xiumin? I know Xiu means beautiful in chinese. And so does Min in Korean." Minseok looked at him in awe and Jongdae blushed. Wow he should have thought about the implications behind the name before he suggested it.

Minseok smiled brightly. "I like it."

Jongdae swears his heart didn't skip a beat. He swears.