024

SM Camp *EDITING.

"Oh my god, you are totally going to be one of my bridesmaids." 

Luhan was currently running around the cabin like a headless chook or in more adequate terms, like a bridezilla. After Sehun's proposal there was no stopping the diva's joy and excitement, Jongdae had to give it to him though; if he was proposed to like that he would be fangirling too. Unfortunately (for Jongdae at least), Luhan was so happy he started crying and, sigh, once again Jongdae was reduced into becoming the communal snot wiper and tissue. Jongdae really needed to schedule that shopping spree after the the camp's ending.

Approaching Minseok with glimmers in his eyes, he held both his hands in his palm and squealed. "And you are going to be my Maid of Honor."

Sigh, there really was no stopping him, but Jongdae smiled softly at Luhan's total 180 degree attitude change; he was glad the boy was happy again. 

 

 

Now that Yixing's competetiveness was put to rest, Baekhyun had his eyeliner safely tucked away and Luhan was contently in bliss of being an engaged man, things were oddly dull around the camp. It was very welcoming for a change though, heavens knows how difficult it was to get some peace and quiet around here. But now that Jongdae had fold solace in Minseok, things were just too quiet now. His boyfriend was a man of few words, choosing instead to stay in the background. They were currently sitting on the sofa watching as Baekhyun explained to everyone how Baekyeol came to be; it seemed to be like Baekhyun was trying to "suggest" and "encourage" Chanyeol to get down on one knee as well. Jongdae silently prayed for Chanyeol's well being as he would have to meet, if not overcome, the Hunhan proposal.

"Oh it felt like only yesterday when Chanyeol took us out on our first date it was-" Baekhyun gasped. "Oh my god, Chenchen! You guys haven't had your first date yet!"

There was a slightly sinister glimmer that Jongdae noticed in Baekhyun's gaze. Jongdae idly thought of Baekhyun screaming out "Here comes trouble" during their karaoke session. Oh, here comes trouble indeed.

Before Baekhyun was able to impose all these crazy ideas of what the Xiuchen first date should be like, Jongdae simply held up his palm; talk to the hand because the face ain't listening.

"Oh, nuh uh." Jongdae evoked the diva from within. "Your help is not needed here. We can plan our first date by ourselves thank you very much."

The corner of Baekhyun's eyes fell in disappointment, making him resemble that of a puppy. But no way was Jongdae going to let those puppy dog eyes trick him because he knew that there was no world where Baekhyun was innocent.... 

A few more stares into Baekhyun's eyes and Jongdae was a goner. "Oh fine, I'll let you plan." Jongdae relented. "But this better be good!"

The innocent face morphed into one full of smugness. Baekhyun high fived Luhan next to him. "Works every time."

Jongdae prepared himself and shook his head. Note to self, look away from the eyes.

Xiumin beside him patted his leg in consolation. At least, Jongdae thought, he was going to be with Xiumin the entire time and not Kristen Stewart or something; it couldn't be that bad at least.

 

 

Turns out, Xiumin was indeed besides him all night. It also turns out, so were Joonmyun and Yixing.

Okay so the night had started off fine, perfectly even. Baekhyun had called a taxi to ship them off to a secret location and had told them that everything was paid for. Baekhyun had pulled him in by the lapel of his blazerl and whispered "I'm finally paying you back for the eye." before shipping him off in the cab.

Jongdae worried his bottom lip in between, anxious about where Baekhyun had sent them off too. He spun the bracelet that Minseok had given him around his wrist to keep things off his mind. Judging from how he arranged Jongdae's outfit though, Jongdae guessed that it was a casual to semi-formal restaurant, Baekhyun had chosen a red, checkered, button up shirt and navy blazy ensemble and then helped him squeeze into those spray on jeans as he his belly in. Luhan had dressed Minseok similarly, except Minseok had foregone the skin tight jeans and wore a pair of chinos instead. Minseok's looked great in it anyway.

Soon enough, the taxi pulled up to a Vietnamese restaurant nearby and the two walked in. The ambience was dark and there were candles on the tables emitting a soft light. This was clearly a couple's restaurant. The woman at the front desk escorted them to a cozy booth where Jongdae could easily reach over the table and grab Minseok's hand to rest. 

"The entrée will be served soon." The waitress bowed and walked away.

Despite all worries previously, Jongdae wanted to applaud Baekhyun for his choice of restaurant. In fact, Jongdae was all ready to bow down to Baekhyun when the waitress returned and presented to them a plate of neat summer rolls. Of course Baekhyun knew what Jongdae had liked, they were BFFS after all. Jongdae was so enthusiastic in his eating that he managed to smudge a bit of the peanut sauce on the corner of his mouth, or really, everywhere.

Minseok giggled and Jongdae halted stuffing his face?

"What?" But with Jongdae's mouth full of food, it came out more "Wuff?"

Minseok leaned over the table and wiped the sauce off Jongdae's mouth with a thumb, then stuffed the very same thumb back in his mouth to off the sauce. 

A familiar heat returned to Jongdae's face as he was both embarrassed but by Xiumins actions. Jongdae swallowed his mouthful. "Thanks"

 

 

The night started off great. It was only until the entrée was packed away that things started going downhill. 

Jongdae was avidly talking about how his mother loved listening to Kim Dongryul in the house and so he was really good at impersonating his voice.

He was about to take a deep breath and wow Minseok with as mad singing impersonation but choked instead when he heard Yixing's distinct voice. 

"Zhang Yixing in da haus~"

Thankfully, Minseok handed him his glass of water and Jongdae accepted in gratefully. He turned around to see Yixing parading down the aisle with Joonmyun in tow. Next, he noticed that the entire restaurant was filled up with people at tables and the only empty table was the one next to their's. Oh no.

Minseok spoke up as Jongdae was currently half struggling to breath. "Hey guys, what are you going here?"

Joonmyun pulled out Yixing's chair like the gentleman he was and Yixing sat down and crossed his legs (like the lady he was).

"Oh, we're on out first date too!" Yixing drawled. "Baekhyun told us that this was where Chanyeol took them to their first date so we decided it would be perfect for us as well!"

Pray to the Lord Beyoncé. It wasn't Baekhyun's fault that Yixing was here. No. It isn't Yixing's fault either.

Jongdae finally managed to regain his breath but the only thing he managed to do was utter an unethusiastic "Perfect..."

It looked like they had no choice but to pretend that the newfound couple next door wasn't there.

 

Oh, but it was so hard to pretend. Especially with Yixing's overly loud nature. Jongdae grimaced and Minseok squeezed his hand, offering a small but strained smile. They tried to enjoy the night as the main meal and desert arrived. Although Jongdae was grateful that Baekhyun had paid for their taxi rides and entire meal, he wished he could completely appreciate the night for what it was. He couldn't help it either that this was the group's first day off in ages and Joonmyun had decided to go out to make the most out of the holiday. 

The couple managed to escape from the restaurant before Yixing and Joonmyun finished their meal, less they finished at the same time and would share a cab back together. Minseok held his hand the entire taxi ride and Jongdae rested his head on Minseok's shoulders; thankful that their minimal height difference caused no difficulty.

Minseok chuckled, making Jongdae's head bounce softly.

"At least Yixing's boisterous behaviour makes up for Joonmyun's overly quiet one."

Jongdae giggled too at the thought. The two complemented each other nicely. He hoped the leader would enjoy himself, not wishing ill on the couple.

They arrived at the camp site and walked back to the EXO cabin, swinging their linked hands in the pale moonlight. At their doorstep, Minseok turned around to Jongdae and joked, "Well, thanks for walking me back home. I had a great time."

Jongdae guffawed loudly into his hand and pushed Minseok. "Yah, is this a movie?"

"What, can't I be romantic?" Minseok nudged back.

Jongdae rolled his eyes. "More like cheesy."

At this point, Minseok took a step closer until Jongdae could count each individual eyelash on Minseok's face. The next few words out of Minseok's mouth brushed against Jongdae's lips. "So I don't get a goodnight kiss?"

Jongdae's answered was to press their lips together firmly as their hands unlinked and he wrapped his arms around Minseok's shoulders. Minseok ran an arm around Jongdae's waist.

They broke a part and smiled warmly at each other. Even though the arrival of Joonmyun and Yixing dampened their night a bit, it ended in a high. 

With one final joke, Minseok quickly mumbled out the words "Thanks for the night, see you next time!", opened the door to run in but immediately slammed the door to lock Jongdae out.

"Yah, let me in!" Jongdae knocked against the wooden door noisily. "If you don't, I'm going to break up with you!"

Minseok easily opened the door and pulled Jongdae inside for another warm kiss full of giggles. Because of course, Minseok did and of course Jongdae would never.

 


Thanks to BloodieHime12 and Norulezz for the suggestions!!