018

SM Camp *EDITING.

Jongdae had to get his head straight. Things that Jongdae were sure of:

  • The sky was blue
  • Grass is green
  • Minseok is hella cute

He could appreciate another guy's appearance for what it was, couldn't he? That totally doesn't mean that he's gay. Or does it. Suddenly, a loud stomping noise echos in the hallways and a hand roughly pulls Jongdae around. Jongdae is met face to face with a very angry looking Luhan. Before Jongdae could pull away from the older's hold, Luhan raised a hand and the crisp sound of Luhan's hand meeting Jongdae's cheek bounced off the walls. 

Jongdae merely stood gobsmacked, holding a hand to his cheek in attempts to soothe the pain. He had never seen Luhan so fuelled with rage; the bubbly boy was gone and all that stood in front of Jongdae was an angered best friend. Luhan grabbed Jongdae by the shoulders and pushed him up against one of the walls and he collided painfully against the panel.

"You need to ing get caught up with reality." Luhan seethed through his teeth and pushed back against Jongdae as he tried to escape. "I don't care whether you think you're gay or straight. But I can tell you one thing, if you keep on carrying the way you are. Someone's going to get hurt."

Jongdae watched as Luhan's eyes hardened, "I'd rather it be you than watch my best friend crumble away at your doing."

At this point, Jongdae realised. What he was witnessing right now wasn't Luhan's blind wrath, but his genuine love for his best friend. Luhan had never been ashamed of who he was or what he thought of, whether it be his qualms about someone pursuing Sehun or his flamboyant fashion sense. It was time for Jongdae to be brave and allow himself to be free.

Jongdae relaxed his muscles and closed his eyes for a moment, letting himself bathe in the self realisation. Luhan too, relented his hold against Jongdae. The two boys stood in silence in the hallway, only the sound of their harsh breathing audible. Once Jongdae opened his eyes, he stared straight into Luhan's pupils which seemed to have softened. 

"I'm sorry."

The corner of Luhan's lips pulled up a little. "That's okay. Are you done being an , now?"

"Yeah," Jongdae pulled the older into a hug. "From now on, I'm not going to lock away who I really am anymore."

The two relaxed into their embrace for a while, until a very distinct voice cleared their throat from the hall way. 

"Ahem."

Jongdae looked up and once again, saw a very possesive looking Sehun with his arms crossed.

God damnnit.

 

 

Jongdae retreated from Sehun's angry glares hastily and ran into his and Minseok's shared room. Upon entering the door, he saw that Minseok was currently sitting atop Jongdae's bed, as if waiting for him to arrive.

Taking a quiet, deep breath, Jongdae closed the door and braced himself. "What's up?"

There was no hesitance in Minseok's voice. "I want you to be honest with me, Jongdae."

Slowly, he took a couple of steps until he arrived at the foot of his bed and was looking Minseok straight into his eyes to bare his soul. "Okay."

Minseok looked away quickly to prepare himself for what he was about to ask. It was as if he couldn't trust himself and the eye contact was too intense. "Do you have feelings for me?"

This was it. The moment that Jongdae had denied himself since the moment that Minseok had barged into his life and proclaimed that he had a really nice . Jongdae chucked to himself at the memory."You heard all that?"

Jongdae saw a sliver of teeth as Minseok let out a small smile, and he was struck with a sense of guilt for ever causing that smile to fade. 

"It was kind of had not to. You are talking about the infamous duo: Baekhyun and Luhan after all."

Now that the mood was lighter, Jongdae was able to allow a giggle to escape. 

"Then you know the answer to your question already."

Minseok's face fell. "I just don't wanna get my hopes up."

Jongdae moved and sat right next to Minseok on the bed. Again, that horrible pang of i'm sorry washed over him. With two long fingers, he tilted Minseok's chin up with the delicacy of handling fine china and edged his face closer to Minseok, not going all the way to allow Minseok to push him away if need be. Jongdae uttered an apology and his breath travelled so Minseok could feel it against his lips. "I'm sorry I took so long."

With a final "that's okay", Minseok closed the distance between their lips. For once, Jongdae did not have to worry about the implications of the kiss and allowed himself to be immersed in the moment. Xiumin's tongue peeked out and traced along the seam of Jongdae's lips. Jongdae hesitantly opened and the kiss deepened. 

The moment was ruined though, when the three divas barged through the door.

"Xiumin, are you okay?! I haven't heard anything for a while-" Luhan waltzed into the room and ruining the moment. Upon noticing that Luhan had interrupted the newly formed couple in an intense lip lock, he squealed in excitement. Upon hearing, Luhan's squeal, Baekhyun and Yixing were not far behind. The squeals tripled in volume. This alerted the rest of the cabin and soon enough, everyone was standing at Minseok and Jongdae's door way to stare at their kiss bruised lips and messy hair.

Jongin cat called, "You go gurl!" whereas on the other hand Tao wolf whistled at the two.

Joonmyun, ever being the voice of reason ordered everyone to get out. Jongdae relaxed, at least someone was thinking. 

"We don't want to disturb them when they're doing the down and dirty." Joonmyun said as he pushed everyone back into the privacy of their own rooms and closed the door for them. "Sorry kids, have fun now!"

Jongdae and Minseok stared at each other in shock. Then, once again the door opened and Joonmyun popped his head through the crack of the door. "While I'm here can I get you guys anything? Some snacks? A ? Let me know!"

Why has his life come to this. Jongdae collapsed onto the bed in hopes that he would suffocate into his pillow. Minseok helpfully alerted Joonmyun that, "That's okay, Joonmyun. We're going to take it slow."

Finally, they were left alone in peace. Jongdae felt like falling through to hell burning beneath than face Minseok, his face sure felt like it anyway. His cheeks alone could rival the sole of a Louboutin heel.

He felt the side of the bed dip and Minseok's warm body rest next to his. "It's okay, Jongdae. Like I said, we'll take this nice and slow."

Instead of feeling uncomfortably warm and restricted, he welcomed Minseok's presence. Not only beside him in his bed, but also in his life.