001

SM Camp *EDITING.

Jongdae looked at the paper in his hands. He couldn't believe it. After days - or rather, weeks - waiting by the mailbox, and almost giving up, the letter finally arrived. 
He pinched himself several times just to check that everything was real. 
The envelope was real.

 

                                                                                                                                                                     January 20th, 2012.
Mr. Kim: 
It is my pleasure to inform you that President Lee Soo Man has personally verified your audition and we are glad to communicate you that you have been oficially accepted to the training under supervision of SM Entertainment. 

Please be aware that you have to spend thirty (30) days, or a whole month, in the facilities of SM Camp. 

This camp has several functions: It is where, according to your skills, you'll be assigned in one of the groups who are close to debut, also, we will assign you the role you will perform in the group (i.e lead vocals, dancer, etc.) along with any additional information in regards of your contract as an SME employee. We will also help you to develop and potentially exploit your artistic skills.
Naturally, you will also meet the other members of the group you will be assigned to, and you can start to interact with them. 

Participation is mandatory, otherwise, your official acceptance as part of the company will be terminated.

I'm thankful for the attention given to this letter. 

Best regards, 
Kim Ju Seong. 
Recruitment and selection

 

A ing camp? Really?
How old did they think he was? 10? 
Jongdae let out a big sigh. Anyway, he had to attend it if he wanted to be part of SM. 

His mother helped him pack his clothes, repeating a thousand times how lucky he was and how grateful he should be with Lee Soo Man to give him this opportunity in the pursuit of his dreams. She also reminded him that he should behave like the man he was: no pranks to his mates, stay out of trouble and don't eat anything that came from plants unknown to him.

As soon as they finished packing, Jongdae went to bed. He was nervous and excited. Tomorrow would be the day he departs to the camp. 

But .. 

What if he didn't like it there? If he didn't like his peers? 

Jongdae doesn't stand immature people (although, he's the one always making puns and loves dad jokes more than he's willing to admit) and honestly speaking, he has a no bull tolerance. It was one thing to be a joker and another to be childish and immature. 

Jongdae let out one last sigh before sleeping deeply.

 

Jongdae had no time to say goodbye to his parents.
The car that would take him to the camp was outside his house, ready for Jongdae to get in. 

The driver assisted him with the bags and then, he drove awat. Where this famous camp was? He had no idea.

After about a 45 minute long drive - which Jongdae didn't notice because he had this strange ability to sleep just as soon as he got in a car - they reached the final destination: the camp. 

Again, the driver would help him with the luggage and pointed to a wooden building in front of him, telling him he had to go to make his registration process and then a camp leader would help him settle down.

Jongdae thanked him and went to the building. 
As he opened the door, he could see the receptionist, they both smiled at the same time. 

Jongdae gave a small grin and introduced himsef. "Kim Jongdae." 

The receptionist searched his name on the computer and after a few minutes she handed him a stack of papers to sign and then, finally, he was ready to go. 
 
"Joonmyun must be here anytime soon, he will take you to the cab you will be staying at and give you a few simple guidelines" the pretty receptionist said.

Jongdae nodded slightly and stood by the door.
Soon, a boy appeared: he was around the same height as Jongdae, thin and had the most perfectly stylized hair, he was wearing a dark blue T-shirt with khaki shorts and a folder in his left hand. 

"You must be Jongdae, I'm Joonmyun." he smiled and then he looked at the folder. "Checking your file and your abilities, you were assigned in the EXO group. There are 10 members so far, you were assigned the role of lead vocals."

Jongdae nodded timidly as he walked next to Suho. 

Joonmyun continued to explain. "I'm part of the group, too, but as I have been training the longest I'm working as a camp leader now too, so if you need something, you can come to me or go with Kris."

At that time, the two were already next to the door leading into a cabin.

"I have to finish the papers, but don't worry, the kids are great. Hope you have fun!" Joonmyun said, looking behind his back and walked off, offering a wave as a bid goodbye.

Jongdae watched as Joonmyun gave him a sweet, small smile before leaving. 
He ended up knocking on the door after he tried to open it by itself without any success. 

One of the boys opened: he was short and thin, with brown hair and his smile formed a square. He wore round, huge sunglasses.

"Welcome to the EXO Cab! Where if you're gay, you can stay!."

The kid raised his arms open, forming a V with them, he was sticking out his hips to the left side and his legs were slightly open.
Uhh...
No one said something about being gay, right?

Jongdae blinked a few times, after deciding to go and search for Joonmyun, leaving the kid totally confused.