004

SM Camp *EDITING.

Putting behind Jongdae's troubles of shared showers, he began to walk back to the cabin. It wasn't until he opened the front door and was met with Minseok sitting on the front couch. When their eyes met, both boys felt their faces heat up until they both looked like they could be a pair of cherry tomatos. Jongdae stood awkwardly at the frame of the door until he came back to his senses and decided to take a much needed nap before the initiation night. He only made it half way through the lounge room when Minseok called out his name.

"Jongdae!"

Jongdae turned around and looked at Minseok's embarresed gaze.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I hope you can still treat me like a friend." Minseok's eyes never quite reached Jongdae's, always averting and looking at his palms in his lap. Minseok finally got up and and walked timidly towards Jongdae, offering a sweaty palm to shake. Jongdae stared at the hand for a few seconds before he gave in. It wasn't his fault that his was nice to look at after all.

Giving a firm shake, Jongdae accepted the apology. "That's okay. I feel more sorry for you though, I bet the other guys are gonna tease you to death."

Minseok's laugh released all the tension in the room. "Ugh. I need a way to get back at them somehow." 

Both boys withdrew their hands. "Well, if you think of a plan please don't hesitate to include me. Those guys need to be shaken up a bit." 

Jongdae covered his mouth with a hand as a let out a loud yawn. "I'm going to take a nap now, see you later hyung." And he retreated back to his room with some much needed rest to wash away all the bad memories Luhan and Baekhyun have caused. As Jongdae reclined onto the bed, he was glad to have been put into an empty room; he figured it was a luxury to have peace and quiet.

 

 

Feeling fully refreshed and ready to take on the world (or rather at this point, the divas that came in male form; Baekhyun and Luhan), Jongdae emerged from his room and made his way into the common area. When he walked into the room he saw Kris and Joonmyun organising supplies in order to create the initiation night. 

"Oh good! You're up. We' were just going to wake you up." Joonmyun handed him a couple of candles. "Can you bring these over for us? We'll need them to light up the area when it gets dark."

Carrying the candles, Kris, Jonnmyun and Jongdae travelled over to the lake area where they would meet up with everyone else already there. Jongdae heard them before he actually saw the ruckus. When the three of them emerge, they see Baekhyun sitting on Chanyeol's lap, talking his head off whilst Chanyeol stares lovingly at him. How anyone could ever love Baekhyun for his blabber mouth, Jongdae will never know. On the other side, Luhan is explaining to Sehun very loudly why they should totally get couple rings since they already have a couple necklace oh my god it would be perfect and in the middle they find Kyungsoo doing all the hard work trying to make a fire with two sticks where Jongin is just sitting back and watching his lover slave away. Minseok and Tao were just off on the sides sitting on a log. 

When Jongdae drops off the candles into Joonmyun's arms, he goes off to take a seat next to Tao on one of the large wooden logs surrounding the fire pit. Before he can seat that perfect down though, Minseok waves him over and pats the spot next to him with a smile. Not wanting to hurt his feelings and wanting to reassure Minseok that they could still be friends, Jongdae heaves and situates himself next to Minseok.

"Hi." Jongdae greets Minseok and stares into the fire that Kyungsoo's finally managed to start.

Before Minseok can reply, Joonmyun calls out to begin the night. Unfortunately, no one listens to him over Baekhyun's loud squeals and Luhan's chattering. That is until Kris' voice cuts through the air. 

"EVERYONE SIT YOUR ASSES DOWN."

Thankfully, everyone settles down and the night begins.

 

 

Joonmyun gestures towards Jongdae. "Okay, kiddies! We're here to welcome our newest member of EXO, Jongdae! Please give him a round of applause and a warm welcome." 

On the side, Baekhyun whispers to Luhan: "Jeez he doesn't have to be so embarressing, it sounds as if we're in a circus." And if Jongdae had to be honest, with the way this group acts, they might as well be.

"To begin our group bonding, we'll start off with a game of Truth or Dare!" Joonmyun says enthusisastically, "Who wants to go first?"

Obviously, Luhan sticks up his hand, waves it around and calls out "ME!"

Joonmyun relents. Luhan smiles happily and screams out "Truth!"

Before anyone else can interject, Baekhyun asks him "When was the last time you farted in front of Sehun?"

Luhan's face turns red before he murmurs a soft "This morning".

Sehun's face lights up in realisation and he exclaims, "Oh! That's why it smelled funny in the room today.."

Intending to get revenge and wanting to move on before anyone else and dwell on the matter, Luhan jumps out of his seat and points viciously at Chanyeol. "I pick Chanyeol! Truth or Dare?"

Suprised at Luhan's change of moods, Chanyeol decides to play it safe and chooses Truth, not wanting to get caught in Luhan's wrath. Luhan only grins evilly before asking, "If Baekhyun didn't exist in the world, who would you date that's sitting here right now?"

Chanyeol swallows his saliva nervously and takes a peek at his boyfriend's tense posture, quirking an eyebrow at him. Baekhyun offers a little tilt of his head before saying, "It's okay. Go ahead." Not that Chanyeol believes that it's okay, but it is Truth or Dare. So Chanyeol takes a deep breath and says, "Kris". Gasps can be heard all around the circle and Tao grasps onto Kris' arm protectively. There's silence all across the yard where Baekhyun glares at Kris until Chanyeol clears his throat and looks for the next victim of the game.

The night continues on where Jongin is dared to the bottom of Sehun's smelly dancer feet and Tao is asked whether he would rather live in a haunted house for the rest of his life or eat a cockroach. Tao managed to squirm his way out of the question by crying into the crook of Kris' arm.

Finally, Kyungsoo turns towards Jongdae and smiles warmly. "Truth or Dare?"

Jongdae is feeling brave tonight and answers smugly, "Dare."

To Jongdae's horror, Kyungsoo's friendly smile slowly turns into an evil one. "I dare you to jump into the lake. ." Jongdae's jaw almost breaks off in shock. Pulling on a brave face though, he begins to strip off his jacket but notices Joonmyun's worried face. The group begins to cheer him on when he pulls off his t shirt to reveal his pale stomach and Baekhyun wolf whistles at him.

The last thing EXO sees is Jongdae's pale cheeks as he runs into the water.