043

Crazy In Love

Crazy In Love - TTS ft. EXO
http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=Q201GEPYGR8#SBS_%5B2013%EA%B0%80%EC%9A%94%EB%8C%80%EC%A0%84%5D_-_%ED%83%9C%ED%8B%B0%EC%84%9Cwith%EC%97%91%EC%86%8C(Exo)__Crazy_In_Love_


 

In the previous chapter...

“What about Jongin? Don’t the two of you have something?” Luhan asked while frowning slightly.

Kyungsoo’s face hardened slightly, before muttering, “We didn’t work out.”

“Wait, the two of you were together?” Jongdae widened his eyes, as Luhan stared at the two friends with amusement.

The wide-eyed boy shook his head, “No. We just went out for dates but when my brother started creating trouble and I had to take over, Jongin didn’t want to make me lose my family so he ended things during our dates.”

“So you guys were together?”

“We were just dating. Getting to know one another.”

Luhan then frowned, “So things are over?”

“Yeah. I mean I understand where he was coming from and he understood mine, and I just wanted him to find someone who can appreciate him better than me, willing to risk anything for him,” Kyungsoo explained. ‘We are still friends but we just don’t talk much.”

Jongdae then hugged his friend, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I just wanted things for him to be better. If he can be happy with somebody else, then I will let go. He is doing fine in fact. He met somebody recently and I am happy for him,” Kyungsoo gave a small smile, before sipping on his cup drink.

“I mean, that’s all we can do. When we are crazy in love with them, we just do anything for them even if it means letting go.”

 

“Doctor. Joohyun! There is a patient who requires immediate medical attention!” a nurse exclaimed loudly as she hurried down the hospital’s corridor in the Neurology department, ignoring the looks that were heading her way.

Joohyun, who was studying a CT scan, looked up and raised an eyebrow, “What’s wrong?”

“There is this patient who requires a surgery immediately. Cardiac arrest,” the nurse rambled in a rush, as she glanced at the clipboard in her hands. Joohyun then frowned, “But this is the Neurology department. You have come to the wrong side of the hospital.”

The nurse then shook up as she looked up, “There is no mistake, Doctor! The Chief of Cardiology has requested for you to do the surgery as there are no other current doctors who are available!”

“What about Doctor. Baekhyun?” Joohyun asked as she shut the file, before glancing at the nurse at the counter, “Give the patient in Bed 345 another scan. I will look at it later. And along the way, please contact Doctor. Baekhyun.”

She then faced the other nurse and pursed her lips together, “I am not sure whether I am capable in carrying out such a surgery when I have no experience in it.”

“Both Chiefs from respective departments have requested for you. We need to attend to the patient immediately!” the nurse cried out as she grabbed Joohyun’s arm, and tugged her.

Joohyun then tightened her lips before saying, “Grab an intern doctor from the Cardiology Department and asked him or her to be present in the surgery room now! I need a full report of the patient too.”

“The patient is Mr. Wujing and is currently 60 years old. He has been entering the hospital in Shanghai frequently due to his poor health, and has a case of cardiac arrest before. He had another cardiac arrest twenty minutes ago, and has been sent into the hospital. It seems that one of his arteries have been blocked which leads to the brain, and this requires a surgery to replace it,” the nurse began rambling, before shouting orders at some other nurses to prepare the surgery.

Joohyun listened intently, before mumbling, “Cardiac arrest.” Her brain then began to run through her thoughts on the procedure on how to perform the surgery. It is true that she is from the Neurology Department but with her excellent academic grades, along with performance, she has been known widely around the hospital for her doctor skills which include performing cardiology surgeries.

“Is there any family members?”

The nurse nodded her head, “His wife and another lady. They are waiting outside the operating theatre. We need to start the surgery immediately.”

“Ask the anaesthetic doctor to get ready, and the intern doctor to be on standby. I will change into clothes,” she replied immediately, before disappearing into the doctors’ locker room. Stuffing her white coat into the locker, she wore on the surgery uniform and the mask.

Few minutes later, Joohyun entered the operating theatre and nodded her head politely at the staff, who were present. As one of the nurses tied the back of the uniform, she glanced at the patient and froze for a second.

“W-What is the patient’s name again?”

“Mr. Wujing.”

“His full name.”

“Mr. Xi Wujing.”

Joohyun’s eyes widened slightly as she approached the bed where the patient was lying on. She then glanced at the face of the patient, before facing the nurse, “Let’s begin then. Knife please.”

 

Luhan yawned as he stretched his arms, before spinning his chair around to look out of his office’s window to admire the city view before him. Two hours later, he will be meeting Joohyun for their dinner date that he has planned.

Things between the couple had been going at a slow pace yet the relationship has been improving. Luhan has brought Joohyun out on many dates, and in fact, their one-month anniversary is approaching soon.

Just then, his secretary knocked against his office door and he called out, “Come in.” The lady peeked her head into his office and said politely, “Mr. Luhan, there is a phone call from the Seoul General Hospital. It is on number 5.”

“Thank you,” the male frowned slightly as he dismissed his secretary, while reaching for the phone. Luhan then cleared his throat before speaking, “Luhan speaking. May I know who is this?”

A few seconds later, his grip around the phone tightened and he mumbled, “I-I understand. I will be heading down immediately.”

Luhan then grabbed his car keys and coat, before marching out of his office. He then ordered his secretary, “Cancel all appointments and meeting in the afternoon. I need to head to the hospital for a while.”

“I understand, Mr. Luhan,” she nodded her head as she watched her boss disappeared into the lift, before resuming back to her duties.

 

***

Joohyun let out a sigh as she leaned against the wall, before glancing at the ICU while spotting the familiar figure holding the patient’s hand and sobbing softly. She then looked at her watch. Two hours have passed, and the surgery was considered to be a success. She had managed to replace the artery, and removed the blockage yet the patient has entered a state of coma.

“You did a good job. There is nothing to worry about. Entering a state of coma is not easy to predict and it is usually expected,” her cousin, Minyoung, patted her shoulders and smiled. “I am so proud of you.”

The latter just gave a tight smile before asking, “Is there any chance he may wake up?”

“Not that I know of. From what I have been reading and studying, it is still hard to know when the patient may wake up,” MInyoung shook her head sadly. “I will speak to the family members about his state. You may take your leave then.”

Joohyun nodded her head as her cousin entered the ICU, and she bit her lips. It has been half an hour ever since the hospital managed to reach Luhan, and he was on his way. She began playing with her fingers, when a familiar voice called out, “J-Joohyun?”

Looking up, Joohyun widened her eyes slightly before faltering slightly, “C-Chorong-ssi.”

She glanced at the lady before her, who was dressed elegantly, before giving a bow. Chorong then broke into a smile as she approached Joohyun, “I am so surprised to meet you here. I had no idea that you were a doctor.”

“I just joined. It is definitely surprising to meet you here too,” Joohyun replied. Chorong then let out a grimace before gesturing towards the ICU, “I am here for Mr.Xi. In fact, I was in Seoul for the past few days with Mr.Xi and his wife. In fact, I was here during the whole time he was in the operation.”

Joohyun nodded her head as she glanced towards the ICU, “His condition has definitely stabilized but it is hard to tell when he will wake up.”

“How do you know?”

“I operated on him.”

“Oh! Thank Goodness that it was you. At least I can trust you,” Chorong let out a sigh of relief as she reached for Joohyun’s arm. “So his condition is okay, right?”

Joohyun nodded her head, before facing the latter, “So, what are you doing in Seoul?”

“Nothing. I am just here to accompany Mr. and Mrs.Xi for a short vacation, and things didn’t turn out well. My engagement got called off with their son, and he suddenly disappeared from their lives,” Chorong sighed softly.

“We had no idea where he is but we do know he is somewhere in Seoul. In fact, Mr.Xi came to Seoul is to find Luhan. And I believe that you do know where Luhan is,” Chorong stated bluntly, as she looked at Joohyun.

Joohyun studied Chorong for a few seconds, before nodding her head, “He is on his way. He will be here.”

“And you are also the reason why the engagement got called off,” the other latter hissed softly, as she took a step back. Chorong then studied Joohyun for a few seconds, “I know about the both of you. The reason he backed out was only because of you.”

The doctor then shifted uneasily, before saying, “I understand that you are having bitter feelings towards the cancel of the engagement and everything, but please do understand that I only found out about it a month ago. I had no means of tearing anything part, and if you are hurt along the way, I apologize.”

“You took Luhan away from me, and I can never forgive you. Even though you did saved Mr.Xi, I can’t forgive you regarding Luhan,” Chorong glanced away. She then added, “I love Luhan, and I will always love him. You have no idea how happy I was to hear about the engagement even though it was arranged.”

Joohyun then said, “As I said, I am sorry. I didn’t mean any harm but I do love him too. You are not the only one who loves him because I do too. I lost him when he went to Shanghai and left me here. I found out the both of you only at the party. I lost him that very night, and ever since then, I had no contact with him until a month ago.”

“So you are with him right now.”

“We are in the midst of dating,” she replied softly, inching a step backwards. Joohyun then mumbled, “I know that an apology wouldn’t change anything but I need Luhan as much as he need same and I hope that you can understand.”

Chorong’s expression hardened, “Please excuse me. I will like to visit Mr.Xi.” She then her heels before heading towards the ICU.

Joohyun watched in silence when she heard frantic footsteps along the corridor, and turned her head to see Luhan rushing with a worried expression.

“Joohyun!” he called out, before pulling her into an embrace as he snuggled his nose into her hair, before taking in a deep breath. Joohyun immediately wrapped her arms around him comfortingly, before mumbling, “He is okay.”

Luhan then tightened his embrace around her, as she rubbed his back, “He is okay. His condition has stabilized but he is in a state of coma. We don’t know when he will wake up. D-Do you want to see him?”

“N-Not now,” he whispered softly, and Joohyun could hear the pain in Luhan’s voice. Nodding her head, she asked, “Do you want a cup of coffee or anything?” There were no forms of response except for the silent cries from the latter, who was still a boy at heart.

 

***

“Is his condition okay?” Luhan asked softly as he glanced at his father. Joohyun scanned through the clipboard that was attached to the bed, and nodded her head as she sent him a look of assurance.

She then said, “His condition has definitely stabilized but regarding his coma state, we are trying to predict when he will wake up. For that, the Chief will looking into this and also taking charge of it. You don’t have to worry.”

Luhan then sat down on the chair beside the bed as he stared at his father in silence. Joohyun then cleared while glancing at her boyfriend, “I am going to head out for a while and you can just take your time to talk to him.”

“T-Thank you,” he whispered softly as she exited the room.

“Are you Seo Joohyun?” an older voice questioned just as Joohyun shut the door. She then turned around to see an elderly lady with the support of Chorong, staring at her intently.

Joohyun then bowed slightly, “I am. May I know who you are?”

“The patient’s wife and Luhan’s mother,” she replied and added softly, “Can I talk to you personally for a minute?”

 

Joohyun glanced at the lady before her, who was stirring the cup of black coffee. She was nervous and also curious to why Luhan’s mother wanted to speak to her all of a sudden.

“I heard a lot about you,” she stated a second later, causing the latter to glance up suddenly with a raised eyebrow.

Mrs.Xi then stared at Joohyun and carried on to explain herself, “From the hospital and also, by chance, from my son. As you can see, Luhan is my only child and I wanted the best for him ever since young. But as his parent, I failed him terribly. He doesn’t have a childhood where his parents were involved. He doesn’t have a family that he can consider and love and do thing with.”

“He grew up as a lonely kid and made friends with all those different kinds of people that were like him. He grew up into a matured being without his parent’s guidance and love. He made it so far without us and I feel terrible,” she sighed softly.

Joohyun remained silent as Mrs.Xi sipped her coffee. “It is true that we weren’t the best parents. When my husband collapsed back in Shanghai, I called Luhan to fly straight back home to take over the company as the acting CEO. He protested. He argued. He screamed. And being a horrible mother and person, I threatened him with the use his good friends, the ones who grew up with him and matured with him. He flew back straight away and back then, I had no idea he left behind his friends and his girlfriend who he loved a lot.”

Joohyun stared at the lady, not knowing what she should say. Mrs.Xi then continued, “I took away all forms of his devices that can contact his friends and shove him right into the CEO position. I placed an arranged marriage on him to increase our company’s profits without knowing that he has somebody else he loved. I lost him through the agreement and contract and everything else.”

“i-I am sorry for Luhan,” Joohyun blurted out, as Mrs.XI raised her head to stare at her. She hesitated for a second, before adding, “I know about his life, his childhood and everything. As his friend, I was there for him when he cried. He may seem to be strong and independent, but deep down, Luhan is a just a little boy who desires and longs for his parents’ love and concern in the end. I know that things aren’t well on for the both of you but I believe that if you give it a shot, he will definitely take it.”

Mrs.XI then chuckled bitterly, “I shouldn’t had forced him to dump his whole life here just for the position. I heard a lot about you not him, but from his device. He has a hundred unsent messaged to you on his phone after the engagement party. He had a thousand pictured of you everywhere near him. He is crazy in love with you and as his mother, I tore him away and shoved him to a place where he couldn’t be with you. I am sorry for doing this to the both of you.”

“It isn’t your fault. I should have listen to him back then but things happened,” Joohyun shook her head. Mrs.Xi then let out a soft sob, “I am a bad and horrible mother. I could understand why he had to do that to us, and if I were him, I don’t think I can ever forgive myself. I owe him more than an apology.”

Joohyun then handed her a handkerchief, “And I am sure he will accept it. Luhan isn’t the kind to bear grudges.”

“And I owe one to you too for causing the tremendous pain for the past few months.”

 

Luhan leaned his head against Joohyun’s shoulder before intertwining his hands around her tightly. She then let out a soft chuckle and asked softly, “Are you okay?”

“I am just thinking about things. If they were different and if I didn’t go back, what will actually happen?”

“The both of us wouldn’t have broken hearts and become stronger. Baekhyun and I won’t be friends. Your relationship with your parents continue to thread along the thin layer of ice. I wouldn’t have the chance to save someone that is important to you. I wouldn’t have a second chance in meeting you again.”

Luhan then broke into a small smile as he asked softly, “Are you still angry or sad?”

“No. I guess our love story was kind of different from the others. You know those Korean dramas when the mother-in-laws always disagree or the son is just too rich and like a pauper girl. Ours was different because we are crazy in that love that we are willing to do anything for one another. Ours was different because it shows our love for our friends and how we can’t lose them.”

“Ours was unique because we were given another chance to make things right. Ours was different because we were both rich and broken. Ours was different because we had different stories despite the family backgrounds. Ours was different because we had friends who knew and understood us. Ours was different because our families were messed up.”

Joohyun laughed softly when Luhan added softly, “Ours was different because we love one another so much that we couldn’t bear to see the tears.”

“Ours was different because we are crazy in love during our age and never realized the ones who were there.”

“Ours was different because you are mine and I am yours.”

Luhan then gazed at Joohyun, as he inched closer, “Loving you is never a mistake and will never be.” With that, he pressed his lips gently against hers.

 

 

3 years later

“I can’t believe that you are finally getting married,” Joohyun’s father sighed in content as he gazed at his daughter, who was dressed in her wedding dress while getting her hair done. She then smiled at him, as he approached her. “I am so proud and happy for you, sweetie,” he whispered as he pecked her forehead gently.

Three years went by in a breeze. Joohyun made her way up to as the Chief of the Neurology Department, and handed the Director position over to her cousin for now, till she is of the right age to take over. Baekhyun is a Professor-Doctor, who does research and studies, and also still does surgeries. 

Sooyeon and Yifan moved to NYC one year later after arriving in LA, and hosted a grand wedding. In fact, Sooyeon’s fashion brand, Blanc, is sponsored by many different celebrities and Yifan’s business has also made it big in the United States. Chanyeol has also finally became a well-known music producer, and also found a girlfriend of himself. Chun Minjung.

Jongdae and his long-term boyfriend, Minseok, married one year later too, adopted a child off their own and is currently three years old, named Kim Mindae. Kyungsoo is still running his family business and in fact, he has been going on frequent dates with Joohyun’s brother, Jongin, recently after they bumped into one another in London half a year ago.

Yoona has graduated from University a year later and went on to become a make-up stylist, and is working closely with Sooyeon’s fashion brand, helping out in make-up during model shows. In fact, she has opened her own business where professional make-up stylists are trained. Yixing has proposed to her just a few months back, and they are in the midst of planning out their wedding.

Yuri has found her own dreams which is becoming a dance instructor and opened a dance school in collaboration with her good friend, Hyoyeon, and is currently touring around the world as one of the idols’ choreographers.

Sehun is managing the postion as the CEO and has also found a girlfriend of himself. Kim Soojin, a classmate of his during University. He has been making few frequent trips around the world.

Lastly, Luhan is still managing his business well in Seoul and has expanded into the States, making occasion trips there once a while. His relationship with his parents aren’t on good terms yet but they are definitely making progress with the help of Joohyun, of course.

Joohyun’s father then hooked a necklace around Joohyun’s neck and smiled at her, “Your mother will be proud of you. In fact, she wants you to have this when you get married in the future, so this is yours.”

“Thank you,” Joohyun whispered softly as she gazed at the necklace in the reflection, when Yoona warned, “Don’t you think about shedding those tears, Hyun! The mascara and eyeliner may be waterproof but the rest aren’t.”

Joohyun laughed softly, as she gazed at her friends around her. Yoona was in charge of her make-up, and was also her maid-of-honor. Yuri, Sehun’s girlfriend, Chanyeol’s girlfriend were also the bridesmaid except Sooyeon, since she has gotten married. But, she still helped out by designing Joohyun’s wedding dress from top to toe.

“The ceremony is starting in ten seconds. Are you done?” Yuri called out to the trio, as Yoona showed an ‘ok’ sign. “We are done. Come on princess, here is your big day,” she friend as she lifted the back of Joohyun’s dress, while Joohyun linked arms with her father as they approached the wedding isle.

Three years have passed yet Joohyun and Luhan’s relationship is still going strong. After moving in to live with Luhan in his apartment, he decided to propose to her a year ago and their wedding day has finally arrived.

As the wedding bells chimed, Joohyun made her way down the carpet with her father, she glanced at the guests and spotted a few familiar faces. Taeyeon’s good friend, Miyoung. Her cousin and their family. Chorong, surprisingly with her husband.

She glanced towards the altar when she in a deep breath when she spotted her soon-to-be-husband standing there, staring at her intently, dressed in a black tuxedo. A wide grin was plastered on his face.

Beside Luhan was his best man, Yixing. Kyungsoo, Jongin, Sehun and Chanyeol were also at the front, with wide smiles. Jongin then showed his thumbs up while Sehun winked at his sister teasingly.

Indeed, three years have passed yet each and everyone of them have grown physically and emotionally. As she held Luhan’s hand and gazed at him, the priest began the ceremony.

“Do you, Xi Luhan, take Seo Joohyun to be your lawful wife?”

“I do,” he replied without a single hesitation, with a grin on his face.

The priest let out an amused chuckle before facing Joohyun, “And do you, Seo Joohyun, take Xi Luhan to be your lawful husband?”

“I do,” she nodded her head, as the guests cheered. The priest then shut his book and smiled at the couple warmly, “I shall now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

Luhan lifted the veil of his bride and winked at her teasingly, before kissing her. “I am so happy to call you Mrs.Xi, and I love you forever and ever,” he whispered before pecking her lips again.

Each and everyone of us have been in love that sometimes, we do crazy things. Their story was no different. Young adults who have live their lives as rich children found one another through their broken selves, and mended one another back. They were crazy in love with one another. Their story wasn’t like any other cliché love stories where families were the main reason of their break-up. Their story was different and unique just because they were crazy in love with one another, that they went past every obstacle and make it far.

Crazy in love does not mean you are insane. It means that you are willing to do as much as you can for the other party.

 


[ A/N ] Crazy In Love has finally come to an end and I am happy to announc the ending to everybody <3 this story isn't mean to be a tragedy or angst, or a story to show their growth and diffrent points of views. If you think that this is another simliar love sory where their break-up revloved around parents and stuff, you are wrong. This story focuses on friendship and love, and I hope that I did portray it well. You may ask why do I choose friends instead of family members and here is my reply. I was talking to this pastor before and he asked me about friends, whether I have only true friends. And sadly to say, that in my entire 15 years, I don’t have a true friend who I can really depend and count on but I have man friends. And that is when it struck me about friends. He told me about he being sent to jail before for drink-driving and he called his family members to bail him out, but they didn’t. Instead it was his own friends. And his message to me was that family aren’t really the true friends that we thought they were. So, I decided to focus on friendships and how Luhan was willing to do everything for his friends.

So, CIL has indeed come to an end sadly. Thank you to everybody who has upvoted, subscribed and thank you to all my readers who have made an effort to comment and show your support <3 you guys are the best, so I hope that this ending was satisfying.

Do check out my new story, ‘Alpha’ and subscribe too! Thank you guys so much once again and I love you all <3333 and i am supeer sorrry for the late update but school is starting for me and i was rushing through my stuff and going out a lot too. haha. 

Also, Alpha first chapter update is on this Wednesday : )

 

insanegirl x