013

Crazy In Love

Break Free - Ariana Grande ft. Zedd

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=eCqrSByjBlE


In the previous chapter

 

Jongin then reminded her," He hurt you, and also, you should forget about him, noona." 

"I am trying, but it is hard. I like him for so long, but I am sure feelings are fading," Joohyun chuckled bitterly, as she smiled at her brothers. "I will head to my room anyway." Joohyun then packed her things up, as she walked up the flight of stairs. 

Closing the door behind her, she crouched down as she stared at the marble floor before her. She knew her undying crush on Baekhyun has been long enough, but he is someone who she can't just forget that easily. Both of them basically grew up together, and knew one another's secrets. Developing feelings for him took a period of time, and now, to undevelop those feelings are hard. 

What is worst, when he never notices her feelings for him but only for Taeyeon. Joohyun can feel her tears swelling up, as she thought back to the few incidents, when he chose Taeyeon over her, his own very best friend. 

"I hate you, Byun Baekhyun. I really hate you, so badly," Joohyun whispered, as she wiped her tears before burying her face into her pillow. 

 

Joohyun looked around her slightly, and she knew that the students were still talking behind her back even though the number has decreased repidly. She then bit her lips, as she faced her locker. She never expected her last year of University to turn out to be such a thrilling year, filled with new crushes and broken hearts, and even new friends. No, she never had expected all these. Gossip. Rumours. 

"Joohyun-ah!" a familiar high-pitched voice called out, and the latter turned her head to her right just to see Yoona and Yuri making their way to her with wide grins on their faces. The latter then glanced around her, once again, and realised that she had probably made matters worst by dragging new friends in. "Joohyun." 

The young lady snapped back to reailty, as Yoona waved her hand infront her. Yuri then laughed," Are you okay? You seemed to be spacing out." "I am fine, so what's up?" 

"It is breka time, and let's go have lunch together with the others," Yoona smiled, while dragging her towards the direction of the cafeteria, as the doed-eyed girl threw a smirk towards Taeyeon, who was eyeing them from a corner. 

As the trio entered the cafeteria, Joohyun spotted Luhan and the others sitting around a circle table as they talked excitedly among themselves. Just then, Luhan looked up from his meal as he waved towards the girls, as Joohyun remembered about the day before, when Luhan made such a move that caused her blood to circulate even faster, than she usually does, with Baekhyun. 

"Joohyun," Chanyeol greeted the latter with a nod, as Yixing followed suit. Joohyun bowed back politely, as Luhan moved over to the side and patted the seat beside him. "Sit here, we don't bite." 

As she took her seat, she looked at Sooyeon, who was giving a small smile as she leaned against Yifan's shoulder. Strangely, even though Joohyun barely communicated with the girl, she can feel that Sooyeon is concerned for her, despite wearing her famous icy glare. 

Yoona then looked at Joohyun," What do you want to eat? I'll go and buy for you." "It's okay, I can go an-"

"I insist, since you are my new friend that I love hanging out with," the doed-eyed girl cut her off, as she waved her hand. Joohyun just chuckled softly, as she smiled," Just the tuna sandwich and a bottle of orange juice." 

Yoona nodded her head, as she her heels before linking arms with Yuri as the two girls made their way to the front. Joohyun then looked at her new friends, and her brother's voice echoed in her voice. 

Are you going to like invite your friends over?

"I-I got something to say," Joohyun spoke, as she tried to sort her words out mentally as she faced them. Everyone around the table looked at her, and she took in a deep and shaky breath," I am heading back home this weekend to my other house, and my grandparents are both there. I want to invite all of you to my house for dinner." 

"You got another house?" Yixing questioned, after some seconds of silence as he looked at Joohyun. The female then grinned sheepishly," Kind of. It belongs to my parents, but do you guys want to come?" 

Chanyeol nodded his head, as Luhan followed suit," Sure, why not? Just tell the details, and also, the address." Joohyun broke into a relief smile, just as Yoona and Yuri arrived back with their food. "What is with everyone's creepy smile?" 

"Joohyun just invited us to her house for dinner," Chanyeol announced, and the two girls cheered before tackling Joohyun with a hug. "Oh my god, I love you to bits, Joohyun," Yuri chimed, as everyone burst into laughter. 

Kyungsoo, who had been silently eating his lunch, then asked," Are your brothers going too?" Joohyun's mind drifted to Jongin, as a smirk was teasing to appear on her face. "They are." 

"Don't ever tell me that you are going to hit on Joohyun's little brother, for Pete's sake, Do Kyungsoo," Jongdae hissed at his best friend with a smirk, as Kyungsoo's cheeks glowed red slightly as he stuffed a piece of lettuce into his friend's mouth. He then shot the rest a sheepihs grin, while glaring at his friend. 

Joohyun then added," In fact, Jongin is single and I don't mind him getting married sooner or later." "Joohyun," Kyungsoo whined in embarrassment as the rest laughed. Jongdae then teased along," You have been telling me how you haev fallen in love at first sight, and how you want to meet him again." 

"Kim Jongdae! You are so dead," Kyungsoo growled, while grabbing his friend's collar, and yanking him out of the canteen as the rest can't help but roared in laughter. "I can't believe that Kyungsoo has fallen for your brother," Yixing commented. 

Joohyun then chuckled," Jongin has a crush on Kyungsoo, if I'm not wrong too." Just then, she spotted Baekhyun enterering the cafeteria from far, as he casted her a look. A look that is filled with betrayal and hurt. 

Luhan, who has been looking at Joohyun, all this while turned in that direction and looked at Baekyun, who was beside Taeyeon. "Are you going to invite him?" he asked softly, not wanting the rest to hear him. 

"I don't know," she whispered back, her voice slightly shaking. Luhan then glanced at Joohyun, and gave a fake smile," If you miss being his friend, why not call him along for dinner then?" 

Joohyun just looked at Baekhyun for a few more seconds, before facing Luhan," I don't want the friendship that we used to have. I think it is time to let go of it." 

 

***

Joohyun placed her uniform inside the locker, as she looked around her. The female students were all bundling up their hair, as they whispered among themselves excitedly. "It is a game between us and the other class." Yuri nudged Joohyun , and the latter's face showed no expression. 

"Is there something wrong then?" the taller female questioned, as she shut her gym locker door shut, while spinning around to look at Yuri. 

The tanned female then raised an eyebrow, as if Joohyun's question was obvious. "Yes. Because the class that we will be meeting in 25 seconds is Kim Taeyeon's class."

Joohyun just made an 'o' shape with , and was about to reply when they heard a few other students gossiping at the corner of the locker room. 

"I heard the coach will be combining both classes together, and then randomly select the students into different groups," a female student spoke, and Yuri groaned in annoyance. She then looked at Joohyun, and sighed," Honestly, that coach seriously needs to stop doing this. It is getting on my nerves." 

Joohyun then laughed, as she winked at Yuri," Well then, captain, if we are ever going against one another, may the best one wins." "You''re so on." 

 

'I am probably never going to win this match against Yuri,' Joohyun cursed in her mind mentally, as her friend stuck her tongue out on the opposite court. The latter then gritted through her teeth, as she looked among her teammates. It wasn't really a great team, and worst, Kim Taeyeon was placed on the same team as her. 

"Simple, for a game of volleyball, the rules is simple. Just don't hit the ball into the net," Joohyun reminded her team mates, as she positioned herself infront of the net. Taeyeon then stood a few feet beside her, as she asked," What happens if the ball goes into the net?" 

The female then glared at Taeyeon, and hissed," We just give a point to the opposing team." The whistle then blew,, and Joohyun served the ball over to the other court, and soon, a fierce match between both teams began. Both wanted so badly to win, and not to lose to the opposing team. 

Yuri then saw the oppourtunity to score a goal, as she served the ball upwards as it flew towards the other court. Just at the same time, Joohyun's eyes were focused on the ball. She only needed to smack the ball and the game is theirs. Simple as that. She then jumped from her position, her hand in the air as she prepared to swing to hit against the ball, when someone rammed into her mid-air. 

Joohyun then crashed against the floor, followed by another loud thud. She then let out a wince, as she felt a excruciating pain shooting up her shoulder. Everything happened in a second, and she heard the whistle blew as the students gasped while running towards her and the other person involved. . 

"Are you okay?" Yuri breathed heavily, as she knelt down beside Joohyun, who was lying against her right shoulder. Joohyun then winced as Yuri brushed against her shoulder, and shook her head.  

Just then, a high-pitched scream sounded, and Yuri turned her head just to see Taeyeon lying on the ground too, while her few friends were pressing her ankle. "Taeyeon, your ankle is swelling." 

"It hurts alot. Do something, please," Taeyeon hissed as she bit her lips. Joohyun then groaned in pain, when Yuri tried to lift her up. "Oh god, Joohyun, I think you are in deep ." 

 

***

"A volleyball match took place in the court a few seconds ago. Kim Taeyeon and Seo Joohyun are both lying on the ground, and it seemed that they have hurt themselves," a male student burst into the classroom, while holding his phone in the air. Luhan, who was busy studying his notes, looked up from his work when he heard Joohyun's name. 

He then shot up from his seat, as he asked," What did you say?" 

"Taeyeon and Joohyun are both injured on the court right now," the male student replied again, and it was then, the students began to buzz among themselves while heading towards the court. Luhan then cursed under his breath, as he dashed out of the classroom, pushing among the students as he sped to the court. Arriving at the court, he spotted a big group of students standing by the side as they watched, as voices began to flot around in the air. 

Luhan scanned through the crowd, when he spotted Yuri from far. He then ran towards the direction, when he caught sight of Baekhyun entering the court from the other side. He watched from the corner of his eye as Baekhyun ran past Joohyun, and headed straight towards Taeyeon, as she was the only one in the whole damn room. "Luhan!" a voice shouted towards him, as his eyes drifted back to the front. 

"Joohyun," he panted, as he collasped to his knees while looking at Joohyun, who was holding back her tears. "Joohyun," Luhan whispered, as he touched her left shoulder. "Where does it hurts?" 

Yuri, who was beside them, was panicking, as her tears were already rolling down her face as she tried to explain," H-Her right shoulder." Luhan then glanced down slightly at the shoulder that Joohyun had landed on, and frowned. Her shoulder was twisted slightly, and a bone seemed to be poking out from the socket. 

"It hurts alot," Joohyun winced softly, as Luhan reached out and held her right hand. He then shushed her," It is going to be fine, just some bones broken. It does not hurt at all, okay. Just listen to me." 

Joohyun then let out a soft sob, as Luhan moved her by turning her on the other side. Yuri then shook her head, as she bit her fingers," Don't hurt her more, Luhan!" The doed-eyed male, however, focused his attention only on Joohyun, as he comforted her," It's going to be fine, it won't hurt a bit. Just bear with it for a few more minutes." 

Luhan then gently lifted Joohyun up, her right shoulder hanging loosely. She then buried her face in Luhan's chest, as she sobbed for she was unable to control the sharp pain in her right shoulder. 

"W-Where should we go? The school nurse's office?" Yuri rambled on, as she glanced at Joohyun with worry written over her face. 

Luhan looked down at Joohyun in his arms, as his heart rate increases. He was worried for the latter, and his footsteps increased. "Luhan!

Both Yuri and Luhan looked towards the front just to see Yixing and Kyungsoo rushing towards them with anxiety. "We heard what had happened an- Oh ," Kyungsoo cursed out loud the minute he spotted Joohyun's injury. 

"W-We need to hurry. I don't think she can withstand the pain any further," Yuri blurted out, as her tears spilled again. She was indeed worried for the younger girl, as Joohyun has been a great friend towards her all these while. 

Luhan then quickened his oace towards the exit, as he comforted Joohyun," Don't worry. It is going to be fast. Don't cry. It will not be that pain." 

"The rest are leaving classes too. Yifan has rung the hospital, so we can just send her in immediately," Yixing spoke after hanging up from his phone, as the four of them headed towards the carpark. 

Yuri then bit her lips, as she fumbled for her car keys when Kyungsoo grabbed them and gave her a reassuring smile," Don't cry and worry. Joohyun will be fine. Let me drive. You shall sit behind with Luhan, along with Joohyun."

 

***

"Her shoulder bone is slightly broken, and out of place due to the impact and direction of the way she fell. We have placed a cast over the fracture, but she has to watch out. Due to this terrible fall, it might caused a long-term injury if she does not take care of herself properly. Also, it takes 4 months to recover. During this 4 months, she is not allowed to do any forms of sports that require upper body, along with carrying heavy stuff that might further injure her shoulder," the doctor, Dr.Park, closed the clipboard and handed it over to his assistant nurse, while looking at the huge group of people infront of him. 

Chanyeol then frowned," She can't do any sports too?" "From the x-ray being provided, it will be best if she stops all form of sports. If further persistance of disturbance towards her shoulder, it might really damage the nerve along the muscle and bone. She is lucky that this time her nerve has not been affected if not, the consequences will be worse than now."

"N-No. But she likes to do sports," Yoona insisted, when she heard the news. Yoona knew how much sports meant to Joohyun, and telling the latter to stop palying volleyball might just break her apart.

Dr.Park then gave a faint smile," It is up to her. As I said, the injury will worsen and if it reaches the maximum limit, she might even have to undergo a sugery." 

"What about after 4 months of the recovery? Can she resume back her sports?" Luhan asked, as he furrowed his eyebrow slightly. Dr.Park then let out a soft sigh," Yes, she may but it is advised not to."

The group of them stood there in silence, not wondering how to break the news to Joohyun, who devotes half of her life to volleyball. Dr.Park then cleared his throat, regretting that he had to be in charge of such a patient with such a big group of guardians," I have to take my leave for I have a few others of patients. Joohyun-ssi can be discharged from the hospital at least 4 days later. For the further check-ups, please check with the nurses at the front counter. If not, thank you." 

Dr.Park gave a short bow, before rushing off towards another room where another patient was needed for immediate medical attention. 

"So, who is going to break the news to her?" Jongdae asked quietly, as they stood there, still registering whatever was happening. 

Luhan then in a deep breath, as his hand reached out to the front of the doorknob and twisted it around," I will. Do you guys want to come in along to pay a look at her?" 

 

Joohyun heard everything that Dr.Park has said, as she controlled her tears from spilling. She didn't want to worry her friends, but she really felt like breaking down. Joohyun had started to play volleyball since the age of 5, and basically then, she had grew attached to it. Joohyun had no plans of quitting volleyball, but hearing the doctor spoke about the injury that might even harmed the nerve, she felt afraid. She didn't want any sugery, neither does she want to quit volleyball. 

"Joohyun, you are awake," familiar voices broke her train of thoughts, as she blinked her tears away while putting on a fake smile while facing her visitors. 

Smiling brightly at them, Joohyun looked around their faces and can easily tell that they weren't ready to break the news to her. Taking in a deep breatb, she cheered them up," Don't be sad. It is only a fracture, and sooner, I will be fine. Yuri-ah, Yoona-ah, stop crying, please." 

"Joohyun," Sooyeon broke the silence, as she held the latter's hand while giving a smile towards her. "How are you? Are you feeling better?" 

The latter, who was lying on the bed, can easily see that Sooyeon was also trying not to cry for her. Joohyun the nodded her head, trying to reassure the rest. 

"J-Joohyun-ah, I have something to tell you," Luhan said, as he took a step forward, sitting beside her on the bed. Looking into her eyes, Joohyun's heart quickened for she wasn't ready to listen to him.

Luhan held her free hand, while giving a faint smile," From now on, stop playing sports." His tone wasn't fierce nor forceful. It was gentle, and concerned. 

"I understand," Joohyun croaked, and the others shifted uneasily as Yuri embraced Yoona, while burying her face into the deer-eyed shoulder. 

Luhan was about to explain why, when Joohyun cut him off," I heard whatever the doctor said, and don't tell me again. I had  no plans of continuing to play volleyball anymore." 

The room was filled with awkwardness, as they spotted Joohyun bitting her lips hardly, while trying not to cry. Yixing then whispered," We will head our for awhile." One by one then made their way out, leaving Luhana alone with Joohyun. 

"I had no plans, so, don't worry," Joohyun reasoned again, her voice shaking and croaky. Luhan then looked at her, whose tears were already building up. 

He then pulled her into his embrace gently, and pressed her head to his chest as he listened to her soft cries. Each cry was painful and hurting him. The last thing Luhan ever wanted is to see Joohyun cry. 

"Liar. You lie," Luhan whispered, as he carressed her hair while hugging her tightly. Joohyun cried even harder, unable to hold in her tears anymore. 

She then wrapped her free arm tightly around his waistt, as she buried her face deeper into his chest  Joohyun wasn't ready to give up on her dreams, and it is really depressing and heartbeaking to her. 

"Cry it all out. I'm here for you, always," Luhan whispered into her ears, as he patted her back and her head. Joohyun's cries were soft, and painful each time as she gripped his shirt eve  tighter. 

 

Yuri leaned back against the hospital wall, as she covered herself with her palms while sobbing uncontrollably. Chanyeol was reassuring and comforting her, explaining that this whole inccident was not her fault. 

"How did this happened? I need to know," Sooyeon hissed, as she stood up while Yifan glanced at her before shaking his head. He knee what she was going to do, and it wasn't really a wise idea to stop her. 

Yixing and Kyungsoo looked at one another, as the other looked at them with questioning looks, for Yuri wasn't in the state to explain. 

"Well, we weren't really there but from what we heard from the students. It was stated that Joohyun was going to hit the ball, when Tayeon, not sure whether it was on purpose or what, jumped along. However, some of them claimed that it was strange for she wasn't aiming for the ball but more o-" 

Before Yixing can even explain finish, Sooyeon then marched towards the exit of the hospital, as Yifan called out," Sooyeon-ah! Sooyeon!"

 "Where is going?" Yoona asked, as Yifan ran after her in huge footsteps. Jongdae then swallowed his saliva nervously," If I am guessing correctly, she is probably going to hunt Tayeon-ssi down."

Yuri sniffed loudly, as she looked at her friends. She then shook her head," It is my fault. I shouldn't even had competed wit-"

"It is your fault for Pete's sake. If you really want to know who the culprit is, it is obvious that is is Kim Taeyeon. You never had expected such a thing to happen, and hearing Yixing's explanation, how is it even your fault then?" Chanyeol cut the latter off, annoyed that Yuri kept blaming herself while Taeyeon is hiding somewhere else. 

Yoona then added," This time, she is really going to die." 

 

***

"It wasn't any accident Hyorin. It was planned," Taeyeon smirked to herself, as her teammate helped her to bandaged up her swollen ankle. Hyorin then smirked, amazed that her captain can do such a thing. 

However, Miyoung was standing by them watching Taeyeon's ankle then spoke up," I don't think that was a right thing to do, honestly. You cheated and you hurt Joohyun-ssi. Are you inhuman, Tae-ah?"

 "Miyoung. I don't need your lecture on what I do. She deserved that anyway, for stealing Luhan away from me and stuff like that. Taking volleyball away from her is only the first step. Next thing is Byun Baekhyun," Taeyeon cackled, as she rubbed her sore arm. 

Miyoung then bit her lips," As your friend, I'm advising you to stop. Joohyun-ssi is a kind girl if you get to know her better. And, the old Kim Taeyeon will never have done such a thing. But the curent Taeyeon is someone that I don't even know."

"Miyoung."

"Are you even human? How can you do such a thing,Tae-ah? Joohyun-ssi is innocent, so why hurt her like this? The old Kim Taeyeon will help others, and even smile. But now, you are like a witch, a terrible ing witch that is despicable. I can't even stand the sight of you doing such a thing just to hurt others! Stop!" 

Taeyeon then hissed," If you are going to lecture me on what I do, you can just take your leave. I don't need advise from such friends. Also, if you are really my friend, you will support me no matter what and not judge me. Hwang Miyoung, don't forget about your past. I was the one who helped you. So, if you are going to be a like this, go away and don't talk to me ever again." 

 

"Jung Sooyeon! Yah! What do you think you are doing?" Yifan bellowed loudly, as he grabbed his girlfriend's wrist and spun her around. The students along the hallway, stopped whatever they were doing as their attention shifted towards the couple. 

Bascially, Yifan wasn't the type of guy who flared up that easily, and especially at Sooyeon. This couple has been together for at least 5 years, and thei relationship is strong till now. But seeing the tension between them grew, it doesn't look like a good sign. 

Sooyeon struggleg against his tight grip, as she hissed," Let me go, Yifan. I know what on Earth I'm doing."

"No, you don't. You're going to do something really stupid."

"Then what do you want me to do? She gets away bascially with everything, and Joohyun has to suffer. It isn't fair, Yifan, and I know you agree with me on this."

Yifan then explained," But you have no right to interfere. It is their problem, so let them settle themselves. We are only the by-standers."

"I am not you then, Yifan. I am never a by-stander. I stand up for wrong, unlike you," Sooyeon stated firmly as she jerked her hand away from Yifan's grip. Turning around, she then marched towards the direction of the nurse's room. 

 

 


[ A/N ] hi guys. oh my god. since my exams are coming up soon in like what, 5 weeks, and I am crying so badly because i'm afraid that i won't or i can't make to the class that i want. worried :3 anyway, from now on, i am updating on my phone perhaps like after school on my way home on the train, i will be typing first before officially publishing it. thank you to those who had subscribed to this story, i really appreciated you guys' support, and i just hope that you will support all my new and up-coming ones soon. please do check out the seokris story, for it might be the next great hit after this and 'I'm Yours' too :) thank you guys <3 

 

_insanegirl_