040

Crazy In Love

Selena Gomez - Camouflage
http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=6axlNgarVvo#Selena_Gomez_-07_Camouflage_(official_audio)


In the previous chapter...

Kim Taeyeon.

“Hey,” she mumbled as she answered the call while arching her eyebrows upwards. Joohyun then bit her lips before saying, “Hey, it isn’t your fault and thanks for caring. I mean, I know you had just watched the new but I am doing fine. It is unlikely of you to call and ask about my well-being.”

Joohyun then gave a small smile before saying, “Yeah, I am fine. You will see your enemy in school tomorrow. Don’t worry. Bye.”

Even people that I barely talk to cares about me. Wow.

Her phone rang again and she glanced at it. Minyoung.

“Eonnie,” she greeted her cousin while walking towards her bed, and crawled under the covers. “No, they are still in Shanghai. I took the flight back on that day itself, and hopped straight back home. I am fine, really. Yeah.”

Joohyun held her phone tightly as she listened to her cousin talked. A few minutes later, she then whispered softly, “Eonnie, actually, I am not fine. I am in a lot of pain and I don’t know how to get rid of it. I am so in love with him and I don’t know how to un-love him. I am crazy in love that I don’t know how to just forget about him. I am not fine, and I am hurting so badly. I miss him, eonnie, so much.”

 

“Joohyun!” a familiar voice called out to the latter, as she looked up from her hand that was holding a cup noodle. Joohyun then cranked her neck slightly just to see Baekhyn walking towards her, with a surprised look.

She then gave a small smile, “Baekhyun. Why are you out here so late? It is like midnight.”

“I should be asking you that question,” he retorted with a grin, as he glanced at her hand before looking at her, “Hungy?”

She shrugged her shoulders, while staring at her friend, “I can’t help it. There isn’t any food at home and I just wanted to get out of the house.”

“Then, may I join you?” Baekhyun asked as he raised his hand just to reveal an Oreo packet, as the both of them burst into laughter although none of it was genuine. One was hurting in the inside and the other was worried for his friend, who isn’t smiling.

As the two of them sat down, Baekhyun then asked softly as he tore the wrapper, “Are you okay? I heard about it, and I don’t think you are okay.”

“I am fine, honestly,” she gave a small smile before eating her noodles as the silence filled them. Joohyun then looked at Baekhyun, “How are things between Taeyeon and you?”

Baekhyun then glanced at his friend before stuffed an Oreo into his mouth while shrugging his shoulders, “We are fine, I guess. I mean, we talked about a lot of things recently and I think we are heading somewhere.”

“That’s good. Look, I mean I am not really the right person for someone to ask for love advice or anything but I just have want one thing to tell you. All the promises you made to her and all the promises she made to you, made sure you both keep to yours words. Don’t break any of them,” Joohyun gave a pained smile, before chuckling.

The male stared at her for a while, “I know and I have something to tell you too. Stop being strong and lean on your friends instead. Lean on people and they can help. Don’t keep everything to yourself. Show emotions, cry. Just cry.”

 

Jongin embraced his sister tightly the minute he entered the house, as Sehun shut the door behind them with his foot. “Noona,” the tanned male whispered before pulling back to study his older sister, as Sehun glanced at his older sister, who seemed so dead.

“Hi, welcome back. I kind of missed you guys,” Joohyun laughed softly, as she smiled at her two brothers before sighing. “Doesn’t it feels good to be back?”

Sehun then frowned, as he took a step forward, “Noona, you look so different.”

“I think so too. I think I am studying too much,” she sighed, as she entered the kitchen while her two brothers followed suit. Jongin then frowned, “Do you think so? I don’t think so in fact, I think you look different because of him.”

Sehun then nudged Jongin in the ribs, as the male winced while their older sisters shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know what you are talking about. I ended things that very night and I am de-“

“Did you even cry?” Sehun cut her off, as he stared at his older sister, who placed her glass of water down. She then stared at her two brothers in silence, and in a few seconds, Sehun and Jongin were embracing their sister she sobbed silently for the first time in front of them.

Jongin then caressed her hair, “You will be okay. You got us, and you can definitely do this.” “I-It hurts. I-I keep hearing about t-them everywhere. N-News, television, it is everywhere and it is so suffocating that I can’t even breathe at times. It just hurts so much.”

“Noona, you can do this. You have us to help and support you. You have us to be there for you and you can count on us,” Sehun whispered, as he rubbed his older sister’s back. “You will definitely get over this. It just takes time.

 

***

“I-I can’t believe that we finally did it!” Jongdae cried out in glee as he waved his certificate in the air, while his friends sitting around the table stared at him in silence. Kyungsoo then hissed as he swatted at his friend, “Shut up, idiot. You looked like a idiot in fact.”

Jongdae rolled his eyes as he sat down beside his best friends, “I can’t believe it. It has been three freaking months and we are finally graduates. We are no longer students an-“

“You still have a mind-set of an elementary student,” Sooyeon cut him off as she leaned against Yifan’s shoulder, while slurping on her smoothie. Jongdae then scowled at her, before going back to smile at his certificate in his hands.

Indeed, three months have passed in a blink of an eye and every single one of them has finally graduated and are soon heading off to take over their parents’ business or opening their own.

Kyungsoo was going to take over the position of his older brother, who doesn’t want to be the CEO of their family’s business. As such, he is taking on the new role as the CEO and will be flying off to many other countries to sign deals and expand their business.

He then sighed, “I agree for once, in fact. I can’t believe that you are going to open your own business in fact. Please, don’t ever look for me for deals because as the new CEO of the business, I will probably reject you immedaitely.”

Everybody around the table burst into laughter, as Jongdae made faces as his friends.

Jongdae, as stated before, is currently dating Kim Minseok, the CEO of the Kims’ Enterprise, and well, he is disowned by his very own parents. However, he is not upset about that, and in fact he has found his own path. During the three months, while studying for his exams, Jongdae has created a recent technology that has become a worldwide sensation that many business deals are looking for him to sign a contract. In fact, he has his own business with the help of his boyfriend, who did some assistance along the way.

“Shut up. My invention is a worldwide sensation, and don’t worry, there are thousands of other companies looking for me to sign a deal,” Jongdae muttered as he stared at his best friend with a sulk.

Yifan then laughed, “Remember I have certain shares in that technology of yours. Just make sure it doesn’t collapse.”

Yifan is moving to Los Angeles with his long-time girlfriend, Sooyeon, and settle there officially. In fact, after his exams, his parents have decided to hand over the whole business into Yifan’s hands, and now, they are flying around the world while their only son focuses on their business. Whereas, Sooyeon is chasing after her dreams by opening her own fashion brand with the help of Yifan and has handed the CEO role of her family’s business to her younger sister, Soojung.

“Oh yeah, I can’t believe that,” Chanyeol laughed softly, while patting Jongdae’s back. “I had no idea that you were going to be this successful.”

Chanyeol is also chasing his own dreams of becoming a music composer, going against his parents’ wishes and with the support of his older sister. Well, he has decided to compose songs for artists worldwide, and will be moving to New York in a few weeks’ time to learn more experience. His older sister has supported him throughout the way by purchasing an apartment for him in New York, and also, ensuring that he has all the music equipment that he needs.

Jongdae then glared at Chanyeol, and hissed, “What is wrong with you guys? Stop making me age by pissing me off. At least, Joohyun and Yuri are the kind ones here.”

“Oh please, don’t drag me into that,” Yuri shook her finger while laughing at her friends.

Yuri has her own plans. She has no idea what she wants to do for now, but she has no plans of taking over her family’s business. In fact, she has stated clearly to her parents that the business is going to be her younger brother’s job and that she has other things she prefer to do, although she hasn’t find one yet.

And finally, the quietest one among them all giggled softly, “You know, I am going to miss you guys once we like start working. I don’t get to sit here and witness all the goofy antics before my eyes.”

“Aww,  Joohyun is going to miss us!” Jongdae cried, as he changed seats to Joohyun’s side before embracing her tightly. “Don’t worry, I am free like every single day so I can drop by your workplace every single day.”

Joohyun has chased after her own dreams by getting into her family’s hospital through her academics, and is going to become a doctor at Neurology Department. During these three months, it has been indeed tough for her along the way but her friends have been there for her, including Baekhyun and Taeyeon, who has showed continuous support for her. Although three months has passed, the glee in her Joohyun’s eyes can hardly be seen again yet her friends are determined to try again.

Sooyeon then laughed, “Don’t make Joohyun lose her job because of you.” “Hey! I probably bring in more patients for her.”

“Just don’t screw around, Jongdae. You have a boyfriend,” Kyungsoo reminded as he whipped out his phone to answer a call. His best friend then made a face as Kyungsoo stood up to answer the phone call, as the others laughed.

Joohyun then looked at Yuri and smiled, “So, now that we have graduated, do you have any idea on where you will be going or what you will be doing?”

“Not really,” Yuri shook her head she sighed softly. She then played with her fingers, “I met this girl recently and well, she is a dancer. And she happened to witness me and dancing coming together, and she is offering me a space in this dance trial so maybe I will try it out there. If it is what I like, then maybe or else I will just carry on looking.”

“I can’t imagine you dancng,” Jongdae frowned, as Yuri narrowed her eyes at him, “And I can’t imagine you being rich and creative and smart all together.”

The rest of them laughed, and Yuri took in a deep breath before carrying on, “I met this guy recently too and he is n-nice. So yeah.”

“Oh my gosh, tell us more,” Sooyeon gushed as her eyes sparkled while sitting straight up and staring at Yuri with excitement. Yifan smiled in amusement at his girlfriend’s antics, while the rest laughed as they inched closer to hear more Yuri’s new guy.

Yuri then blushed slightly as she waved her hand, “It is nothing. Just his name is Minhyuk and he is a nice guy.” “Other than that, how did you meet him?” Sooyeon asked, as the tanned latter blushed even harder.

“At a library.”             

“You fell for a nerd who likes reading?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrows, as Sooyeon threw her straw at Chanyeol, as Yuri’s red cheeks began to fade into a darker shade, as she glared at the giant, “And that nerd is cute for her. Unlike you, who hasn’t even got a girlfriend?”

Chanyeol then waggled his eyebrows while smirking, “I am getting my chance in New York, so you don’t have to worry.”

“Right, whoever is going to say yes to you is blind,” Jongdae laughed, as he high-fived with Sooyeon, while the rest giggled.

 

 

“Joohyun! Which department are you in?” Baekhyun called out as he spotted his friend strolling out of the school, as he jogged over to her. Joohyun lifted her head and broke into a small smile, “Neurology Department.”

Baekhyun then grinned even widely, “That’s great! I am in Cardiology Department though.” Joohyun then chuckled softly, before asking, “How about Taeyeon?”

“Opthalmology.”

“Oh, she changed her mind?” Joohyun tilted her head slightly, as Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders, “She said she kind of developed an interest in it and decided to head towards there. I think she may like it.”

Joohyun then nodded her head as the two walked beside one another in silence, “So, we made it all to Seoul General Hospital, didn’t we?”

“Yeah, and in a few years’ time, you will be sitting at the Director’s position,” Baekhyun smiled, as Joohyun made a face. “Just let me enjoy my current doctor-period please.”

There was a second of silence, and then Baekhyun whispered, “His wedding is in three weeks’ time. Are you going?”

“I don’t think so. I am starting work on the second week and will be on shifts so I don’t think I will go,” Joohyun shook her head while maintaining a neutral expression. Baekhyun then studied his friend for a few seconds, before sighing, “Joohyun-ah, I think this is may be one of your last chance to find out truth. Shouldn’t you at least go and find out why he did it or something?”

“No. I don’t want to, Baekhyun. I mean, I rather live by the answer he gave me a few months back and I am fine with that. I mean, knowing the truth isn’t going to change everything. He is walking down that road and I am waling down mine. It is fair. We went to chase our own dreams,” Joohyun shook her head, as she stared at the ground. “I think it will be better if we just kept out limits.”

Baekhyun then frowned, “So you rather live in the dark than the truth? You rather watch him walk down that aisle and become a man you can never have?”

“He has become the man I could never have the day he wore her engagement ring. It has started right from that point and I am done with that. I-I don’t want to keep being the only one stuck there and unable to move on. I do know that it is hard for me to accept it but I am trying and to do so, I don’t want to be near him.”

“I don’t think he is having it that easy.”

“He made the decision. He chose it and I let him go. It is over, Baekhyun. Thank you for at least trying to make us have some kind of hope but I don’t want it. I think he belongs to her right now, and I am just thankful for whatever memories I have for him. I rather keep those than to actually have more painful ones.”

Joohyun then looked at her friend, and smiled, “I do appreciate your kindness and everything, but I think, it is time for me to forget everything. But thank, really. Anyway, I am meeting my two brothers so see you around then.” With that, the latter waved goodbye as she rushed towards a black car that was waiting for her down the streets.

Baekhyun then sighed as he watched the black car disappeared down the streets. He then said, “You heard her, didn’t you? I tried, but she doesn’t want to. I am sorry, man.”

There was a few seconds of silence, before the familiar voice cleared his throat, and replied, “It is fine. Thanks anyway, Baekhyun. I wasn’t expecting much.”

“Why don’t you just appear in front of her? Why must you do it secretly?” Baekhyun snapped, as he turned around to face the male figure, who was watching the black car with a pained expression.

He then gave a fake smile, “I don’t want to hurt her anymore. I caused too much pain for the past three months and I don’t have the rights to pop out in front of her, and apologize. I-I should just let her go. It is time for both of us to move on.”

“Stop being ridiculous. Look, you love her and so does she. Why can’t you just accept that and run after her? Why do you have to let her go right before your own eyes and fingers? You can just talkto her and speak to her, and explain!”

“It isn’t as easy as you think, Baekhyun! You weren’t there on the night when I literally broke her heart into two. You didn’t see the pain that I caused her. You didn’t see those tears that she was letting out when I said I didn’t want her! You weren’t there to see the pain that I was giving her. I-I broke her, and I don’t have the right or the chance to mend them back,” the latter hissed, as he glared at the shorter male.

He then messed his hair up, “I am a ed up person, and I just keep screwing things up. I screwed my entire life up on that very week, and I screwed hers and both of us up that very night. I-I don’t want to keep hurting her and messing with her. S-She deserves more.”

“The only thing you both deserve is just finding one another. Look, I know I wasn’t there but I saw how broken she was. And I know, that she is still crazy in love with you. Though you broke her heart, you are the only one who can mend it back.”

‘I don’t deserve it.”

“Nobody else does. You are the only one, Luhan. You are the only one meant for her and you know this, I know this and everybody know this. Stop running and be a man. Stop hurting her and yourself at the same time.”

 

***

“So, what time is your next class then?”Joohyun asked her two brothers, as they groaned softly while stretching themselves. Well, both Jongin and Sehun have passed their high school entrance exams, and secured places in Seoul University. But for now, since they are on a break, they have taken up jobs being dance instructors to groups of different ages at a dance school.

Jongin then whined, “In like twenty minutes. I haven’t even sleep.”

“Stop complaining. You were the one who agreed to do this,” Sehun nudged him while yawning softly. Joohyun then chuckled, as she pulled out her wallet, “Look, grab a cup of coffee and some pies or sandwiches for yourselves. It is going to be dinner soon and you two can’t skip meals.”

Jongin’s eyes sparkled as he grinned widely, “Thanks noona. You are the best. Now, I am full of energy!” “Idiot. Just go and buy the food for us,” Sehun rolled his eyes as the tanned latter grinned while walking to the front counter of the café.

“So, how are you going to eat your dinner then?” Sehun asked, as he raised an eyebrow. Joohyun then shrugged her shoulders, “Probably wander around first and then see if there is something edible or eye-catching then buy it, and then head home to eat it.”

The younger male then frowned, as he stared at his sister, “No skipping of meals and I mean it. You did the last time, and it didn’t turned out nicely.”

“That was a month ago, and don’t worry. I will definitely eat something,” Joohyun nodded her head as she stared out of the window. “I am hungry in fact, so there is nothing to worry.”

“The driver is going to send you home.”

“Yes, and then pick you both later.”

“You have to text us when you reached home,” Sehun reminded her, and Joohyun nodded her head. The two younger brothers have become more protective of their older sister during the past few months, when she hit the lowest point during the beginning of her agony.

Joohyun skipped meals frequently at the beginning, and almost falling into anorexia.  After that, she fainted once in school and it was told because her sugar level is low and it isn’t a good sign. Her two brothers had to keep an eye on her during meal times to ensure that she finish whatever was on her plate. But that wasn’t the only bad thing. During that period, Joohyun sneaked off to a club and gotten herself drunk that she had a not-really-nice encounter with some hooligans. Of course, her friends reached there in time and ever since then, her two brothers have decided to hire a driver to fetch her to and fro. Her father has even hired a few bodyguards for Joohyun during that period, and even specially flew from wherever he was to accompany his daughter.

In simple words, Joohyun was wrecked so badly that even though she looks fine now, nobody really knows how she is feeling.

As Joohyun watched her two brothers head off to their dance school, she leaned back against the seat while looking around the cafe. She then remembered the times he and her used to drop by, and bought coffee together before heading to his house to study.

She then let out a sigh as she stood up while walking towards the front counter. Glancing at the signboard, she then smiled at the cashier, “A cup of Dark Mocha please. Two shots too. And a Red Velvet cake takeaway, please.”

As the cashier keyed in her order, another customer stood beside as he ordered at the next counter, “A blended ice Espresso, with whip cream. Three shots too.”

A blended ice Espresso, with whip cream. Three shots too.

 Joohyun frowned slightly as she listened to the customer’s orders, and can’t help but give a small smile. It was similar to his whenever he orders his coffee. Always asking for three shots, and always ordering Espresso. Blended t-

Joohyun froze for a second, as she turned her head to the right and stumbled slightly as the customer stared at her, and reaching out to catch her. She then let out shaky breath, as she clutched on to him while keeping her full attention on him, just as he kept his fully on hers.

“Y-Y-Y-“

“Hey. Your order never seemed to change even after three months.”

 


[ A/N ] omg, this story has reached 40 chapters and omg. but sadly, it is going to end soon and idk whether it is going to be happy ending or a sad ending. it is so unpredictable and the last part of this chapter just put a smile on my face. i think it is really cute, what do you guys think? who do you think it is? but, it is chapte 40. there may be a few more chapters, but hey, it is definitely ending but don't blame me please! and well, i know the ending and this book ends in like 3 chapters with bonus chapters so stay tuned guys <3

anyway, i think the main point of this chapter is that not everybody has their own happy endings. and happy endings, i mean in terms of dreams. there are so many of us out there having a dream to be smart, to be sucessful and stuff. and well, in this chapter, i just wanted to show that not evrybody gets what they want. the rich may seemed so happy with their own lives and stuff but look at kyungsoo, he never wanted that role of a CEO but he is forced to take it. but then, there is always those who will defy and chase theirs like chanyeol. he doesn't care about his parents' dreams about him but cares about his own which is a good thing since he is living his own life and not his parents. also, there is jongdae. the one where find something he likes in the middle of the way and creates something new and becomes a worldwide sensation. of course, such people exists. and there is yuri. the one who hasn't figure out what she wants yet but is still looking for it. so my message is here is that people have their own different endings and i think it is how you write it for yourself. think your dreams as a book and you writing the chapters. you are the author who can write whatever you want for your book. but then there is the editor who is playing the roles of a parent, changing your whole book. but then, again, you are the author who can defy the editor and make your own changes because it is your book - your dreams. also, you can find insipiration along the way of writing. and also, you may have a block when writing, but then it won't be blocked forever because you just need to keep going. i know that dreams are hard to chase, but trust me, just keep walking and writing that dream of yours, it will suceed. even though you don't have one, don't worry. you are young and you have a long way ahead. you will find it just like how your happy ending will find itt. :) 

overall, thank you guys for supporting this book and i really do appreciate it. i think this is one of my favourite books because i managed to portray the the characters the way I wanted and i really do like it! furthermore, the new story has been published for those who have no idea so do check it out and comment and subscribe! the first chapter will be published next Wednesday <3 so please stay tuned and support my new story!

insanegirl x