039

Crazy In Love

Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean?
http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=NywWB67Z7zQ#Justin_Bieber_-_What_Do_You_Mean__(Lyric_Video)


In the previous chapter...

“Luhan,” Joohyun whispered silently, as she caught sight of the familiar brown hair.

Mr.Xi then grasped Luhan’s shoulder tightly, as he smiled even wider, “And I am even pleased to announce that my son is engaged to the Parks’ family only daughter, Park Chorong. Please welcome my son’s fiancée.”  

The guests began to clap even harder, as Joohyun’s fingers loosened, as she dropped her grip from Yixing’s arm and stumbled back slightly.

“You got to be ing kidding me,” Chanyeol hissed under his breath, just as Sooyeon reached out to grab Joohyun, before she fall.

“Let me introduce, my future wife, Park Chorong,” Luhan’s warm voice echoed through her ears, as she watched a petite girl walking up the stage, as Luhan held his arms out to embrace her. “She is my future fiancée.” 

 

The party was back to normal with the guests chattering among one another, and some dancing in the middle of the ballroom as live music is being played.

“That was unexpected,” Kyungsoo mumbled, as he glanced at Jongdae, whose eyebrows were closely furrowed together. He then looked at Joohyun, who was still smiling while mingling with the crowd. He then frowned, “Why is she even trying to put on an act when it is so obvious?”

Jongdae then tucked his hands into his pockets, “Do you know that this was going to happen? Like the engagement?”

“No. I thought this party was solely for the announcement of Luhan taking over the company. I am pretty sure that is what every single guest thought it was,” Kyungsoo frowned even deeper, as he tried to process the current situation. It makes no sense to him when his friend announced that the lady by his side was his fiancée, when his girlfriend is right at the party.  Unless he doesn’t loves her anymore.

Jongdae then shook his head, while turning around to look at his friend, “Let’s head over. Maybe they know something about it.”

“Judging by Yixing’s cold glare and Yifan’s clenched fists and Chanyeol’s wide opened mouth, I don’t think they know about it either,” Kyungsoo pointed out, as the two friends made their way towards their friends.

 

“Joohyun, you should really stop drinking. This is like your third glass and you are barely stable,” Sooyeon stated firmly, as she reached out for the glass of wine in Joohyun’s hand, as Yuri supported the latter.

The slightly drunk latter shook her head stubbornly, while chuckling, “No! I am fine, Sooyeon. Look, I can still sing and dance. I am not drunk.”

“Joohyun, this is enough. You can’t drown yourself with alcohol. I know that you are not fine and I know that you are hurting, so please lean on us for support,” Yoona insisted as she grasped Joohyun’s shoulders, and stared at the girl.

Joohyun then lowered her glass as she let out a sigh, “I am fine, Yoona. This is a party and let’s have fun. I am fine, so come on, enjoy.”

“Okay, she has clearly taken too much,” Yixing cut in, as he grabbed the glass from her and set it down on the table and glanced at the waiter, who was standing behind the drinks’ section. “Don’t entertain this lady anymore, thank you.”

Sooyeon then supported Joohyun by one side, and Yuri by the other while Yoona glanced at Yixing, “We are going to freshen her up and make sure that she is sober. Give us a few minutes and we will be back.”

“Go ahead. I don’t think she is fine.”

“Who will be fine after witnessing such a thing?” Yuri questioned coldly, while throwing a gaze at the engaged couple, who was a few feet away from them.

Sooyeon then cleared , “Come on. Let’s go first.”

Yixing watched in silence as the four girls headed out of the ballroom, before turning around to head back to his friends, who were standing by the side.

“She looks so out of it,” Chanyeol stated as soon as Yixing joined them, and the latter sighed, “Don’t even remind me about it. I never knew she drink.”

Jongdae then muttered, “Girls drink when they are not fine.” “We all know,” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows at his friend, before glancing at Luhan, who was smiling while shaking the guests’ hands. “Do you think he will be coming over?”

“He will be coming over whether he likes it or not,” Yifan stated firmly, as he glared at the side of his friend’s head. “He is going to explain everything from head to toe and not leave out any details.”

A few minutes later, Luhan was walking over to his group of friends, with his fiancée as he wore a cold expression. He then glanced at the faces of his friends, before nodding his head, “Thank you for coming. It means a lot to us for turning up. Meet Chorong, my fiancée.”

The lady, Chorong, who was holding onto Luhan’s arm tightly held one of her hands out, and smiled, “Please to meet you all. I heard that you are Luhan’s friends, and I hoped that we will get along.”

“What about her? Did you even think about her before doing such a thing?” Yixing questioned, ignoring Chorong’s outstretched hand, while glaring at Luhan.

Luhan then frowned, before gesturing towards Chorong, who was squirming uneasily, “Please be a gentleman and shake my fiancée’s hand, Yixing. It is not polite to ignore a lady’s greetings.”

“And it is polite to string on another lady’s feelings and dumped her through this method tonight? Talk to me about manners then, Luhan,” Yixing hissed. Kyungsoo then cleared his throat, as he stepped forward while shaking Chorong’s hand.

He then smiled warmly, “I apologise for my friend’s behaviour. He is just out of it tonight. Please to meet you too, I am Kyungsoo. This is Yifan, Chanyeol, Jongdae and Yixing.”

“Please call me Chorong. I can understand. Oh, where are your dates?”

“Getting drunk tonight because she is trying to mend her broken heart,” Yixing replied, although his eyes were fixated on Luhan.

The doed-eyed male stared at Yixing for a few seconds, before glancing down at Chorong, “Why don’t you go ahead and find your parents first? I need to speak to my friends for a while.”

“Sure. It was nice meeting you all,” Chorong bowed before walking away in another direction, while Luhan turned to stare at his friends.

“Where is she?”

Yixing then clenched his jaw tightly, “What the is this, Luhan? You do not pull some on us like this tonight and expect us to answer you when we want answers instead.”

“Just tell me where is she.”

“You don’t deserve to know.”

Luhan then eyed his best friend, as he took a step forward, “I don’t want to create a ruckus right here right now in front of so many guests, Yixing. I just want to know where she is. I owe nobody answers.”

“You owe her answers that you left hanging!” Yixing hissed out in frustration, and was about to lung at Luhan, when Yifan and Chanyeol stepped forward to restrain him.

Yifan then whispered, “Yixing, this is a party. Please control yourself.”

“Look, Luhan, all we want here is an explanation. We mean no harm tonight,” Jongdae stepped forward, as he placed a hand on Luhan’s shoulder, and gently pushed the male back by one step. “What is going on?”

Luhan then brushed off his friend’s hand, before saying firmly, “Like I said, I owe nobody answers. Since this conversation will have no end, I think I will like to end it here. Once again, thank you for coming.”

As he turned around to walk away, Kyungsoo said, “Hey, Luhan. I don’t know what is going through your mind right now but I hope that you do know what kind of society we are living in right now. It is either you walk down that road and become a disgrace, or you walk down the other and lose the love of your life. It is this simple and I hope that you taking the right path. She is in the washroom, and let me warn you, don’t hurt her and I mean it. If you hurt her again, I won’t ask Yifan and Chanyeol to restrain Yixing any longer. You know how important she is to us, as she is to you. Don’t make this ing mistake and lose her. You need her, Luhan. Don’t deny it and stop being an , trying to put on a strong front.”

“I have no idea what you are talking about, but I will take your words into consideration,” Luhan said over his shoulder, before strutting off.

Yixing then cursed under his breath, as Yifan and Chanyeol released him while Kyungsoo watched Luhan walked away. “He is definitely hiding something from us,” Chanyeol mumbled, as they stared at the disappearing back view of their friend.

 

***

“I am just going to stay here for a while to think through some things. I will be fine, I promise. There is no alcohol here, and I will be fine, really,” Joohyun reassured her friends once again, as she urged them to enter the ballroom and have fun.

Yoona stared at her, before shaking her head, “Whatever you back inside, we are de-“

“I want this alone time, Yoona, please. I just need to think and I want to be alone,” Joohyun cut her off, as she glanced at Sooyeon, silently begging her to help her out on the situation.

The latter then sighed, as she spoke, “Come on, lets’ go in. She needs the alone time. Just give her some space. Fifteen minutes, and if you are not coming in, we are coming to get you.” Joohyun shot Sooyeon a grateful smile, as her friend smiled before guiding the other two girls into the ballroom.

Joohyun stood here along the empty hallway, as she leaned against the wall while shutting her eyes. No matter how many times she tried to deny about the sharp pain in her chest, she knew it wouldn’t work as the image of Luhan with the girl just kept appearing in her mind.

She couldn’t believe that such a thing was happening, and for once, she felt as if she was her cousin, watching desperately and wanting so badly to do something but being unable to do so.

Just then, her train of thoughts was broken when she heard a familiar voice calling out to her. “Hey.”

Yeah, all it takes is just a ‘hey’ from him to bring back the memories and pain.

Joohyun opened her eyes, and turned her head just to see Luhan standing a few feet away from her. As usual, he looks simply dashing in his suit and his black tie, along with the red tulip that was tucked neatly in his pocket.

“I was looking for you,” he said, as he took a step forward. Joohyun then regained her composure, as she stood up while looking at Luhan, whose gaze was only on her.

Joohyun then gave a smile, a fake one, “Hi.”

Luhan then looked at her from top to toe, before breaking into a genuine smile for the first time on that night, “You are beautiful.”

“Thanks. Yoona kind of did the make-up for me, and I picked out the dress.”

“I like the dress. It suits you.”

She just smiled, as he carried on to look at her. There was a few seconds of silence, when Joohyun broke the atmosphere, “Congratulations for your engagement. I didn’t know that this party was held just for that.”

“Can we talk about that?”

“What is there to talk about, Luhan?”

“The whole party, the engagement and us.”

Joohyun could feel a stir of emotions within her chest when he said ‘us’, and she felt tears building up in her eyes. Glancing away immediately, she then asked, “Where is the ‘us’, Luhan? I thought it was gone half an hour ago.”

“I can explain.”

“Did you even read my text messages or do you ever listen to your voicemail?” Joohyun asked, as she clenched her fists tightly, while turning her head to look at Luhan. She knew that her tears were obvious but she only wanted answers. Answers from him.

Luhan then wore a guilty expression, and he took another step forward, “I read every single one of them and I listened to every single one of them. I can explain why I couldn’t call you or text you b-“

“Why didn’t you end it in your text message? The one you sent before you left. You would just made things for the both of us so much simpler.”

“I can’t let you go, Joohyun. I love you.”

Joohyun shook her head, just as her tears spilled, “Stop with the lies. You don’t anymore.”

“I do, Joohyun. Please, just hear me out and l-“ Luhan tried to explain, as he reached forward to wipe her tears, when she took a step backwards, while let out a painful cry.

She then cried, as her tears rolled down her cheeks as the pain within her chest intensified, “I don’t want to hear anymore. You promised that if any arranged marriages has been set up, you would deny every single thing. Y-You said that you will fight for yourself and you will kidnap me instead. You said that you will call but you didn’t. You said that you love me but you are wearing another lady’s engagement ring!”

“I have a reason, Joohyun. I still love you, I do. I know that I didn’t call but I can explain. There were just so ma-“

Joohyun raised her hand, as she looked at Luhan, “Stop. Just stop. Can you at least answer this one question? How long did you know about this whole arranged marriage?”

Luhan stared at her, before looking away with guilt, “A month.”

A month.

“You knew it for a month, and you played me for a month,” she repeated the words, while trying to take in a deep breath. Luhan then turned around and looked at Joohyun, “I have my own reasons, Joohyun! I have to go ahead with it or else my parents will j-“

Joohyun then bit her lips, as she shook her head while crying, “I don’t want to know anymore. Luhan, we are over.”

“Joohyun, please, just listen. I have my own reasons for doing such a thing. I am sorry,” Luhan pleaded, as he reached out to grab her wrist.

She then looked at him in the eye, and whispered, “Then, if I ask you to call off the engagement and choose me instead, can you do it?”

Luhan’s grip tightened on her wrist, as he muttered, “Please do not make me do such a thing, Joohyun. I-I-“

“Can you do it? Can you do as what you say?”

Tears were flowing down Joohyun’s cheeks, as she caught the hesitation that was written all over Luhan’s face. She cried even harder as he released his grip on her wrist.

“I can’t, Joohyun. I have to do it. I am sorry.”

Joohyun sobbed, as she covered to muffle her estranged cries, while taking a few steps away from Luhan. She didn’t know falling in love was just so painful, and she had no idea that having her heart broken by somebody she loves dearly hurts more than just an infatuation.

“W-We are over,” she whispered, before turning around to walk away from Luhan. As she took a step away from Luhan, he called out, “But I mean it when I said that I love you, and I still do. But I am sorry, Joohyun, I choose Chorong.”

Joohyun shut her eyes, as she began to widen her steps, and soon she was running, running away from her source of happiness, yet her source of sadness.

 

***

“May all passengers flying from Shanghai, China, to Seoul, South Korea, please proceed to gate B15 for boarding. I repeat, may all passengers f-“ the announcement echoed throughout the airport, as Joohyun stared at her passport and boarding pass in her hand.

She then stood up, and started to walk towards the boarding gate when she felt her phone vibrating. Picking it up, she looked at the caller ID before answering, “Y-Yoona? I am sorry, but I am going back first. I need to go. I am sorry.”

With that, she hung up and shut her phone down, before walking towards the boarding gate. Handling the air stewardess her boarding pass, the staff smiled at her, “Your seat is right at the front. Please have a nice flight.”

“Thank you,” she mumbled, before tightening her coat around her as she walked through the long alley, which leads her to the plane.

Joohyun was ready to forget everything about him, everything about them the minute she walked into the plane.

Being so crazy in love isn’t that good in the end, mom. I lost ‘us’ and him.

 

Yoona turned around to face her friend, as she threw a slap across his face. “S-She’s gone. You lost her, Luhan!” she shrieked as she tried to contain her emotions when she heard the broken voice of Joohyun over the phone.

“How could you do that to her? Among every single one of us right here, you are supposed to the last one to ever agree to such a stupid thing?” she questioned, as she lunged at Luhan when Yixing wrapped his hand around her waist, as he pulled her back.

Luhan then stared at his friends, as he took a step back, “J-Just take good care of her, please.”

“You don’t have to tell us. We know what to do,” Chanyeol frowned, as he stared at his friend. “Luhan, stop hiding things from us. Tell us why you are doing this.”

The doed-eyed male’s expression hardened before glancing away, “Just take care of her. I am not the guy you guys know anymore.”

“Stop with the crap, Luhan. You know that we all got your back. You can let us know anything,” Yifan frowned, as he took a step forward.

Luhan then turned around, as he walked towards the exit, “Some things just aren’t mean for everyone to know. That’s why it is called a secret.”

“L-“

“I got to go. Thanks for coming anyway.”

 

Joohyun placed her pen down as she threw her head back. She was tired after five hours of studying, and she stood up, walking out of her bedroom. She then headed towards the kitchen as she glanced at the clock before sighing

She has been studying for the whole day as she straightened her back before drinking the glass of iced water. Heading to the living room, Joohyun collapsed onto the couch and switched on the television while leaning backwards.

“The Xi’s Corporation new heir has not only taken the step in the succession but also in landing himself in an engagement. Just a few years back, he was only a teenager and now, he is young fine man. Xi Luhan, the new heir is engaged to Park Chorong, the youngest daughter of th-“

Joohyun stared at the television in a daze, before lifting the remote control and pressing the ‘off’’ button. Placing the control down, she headed back towards her room and shut the door.

As she sat on her table, Joohyun glanced at the familiar photo frame on her table before reaching out to face it down. “It is time to let go, Joohyun. He chose her.” Just then, her phone began ringing and she reached for it and looked at the caller ID.

Kim Taeyeon.

“Hey,” she mumbled as she answered the call while arching her eyebrows upwards. Joohyun then bit her lips before saying, “Hey, it isn’t your fault and thanks for caring. I mean, I know you had just watched the new but I am doing fine. It is unlikely of you to call and ask about my well-being.”

Joohyun then gave a small smile before saying, “Yeah, I am fine. You will see your enemy in school tomorrow. Don’t worry. Bye.”

Even people that I barely talk to cares about me. Wow.

Her phone rang again and she glanced at it. Minyoung.

“Eonnie,” she greeted her cousin while walking towards her bed, and crawled under the covers. “No, they are still in Shanghai. I took the flight back on that day itself, and hopped straight back home. I am fine, really. Yeah.”

Joohyun held her phone tightly as she listened to her cousin talked. A few minutes later, she then whispered softly, “Eonnie, actually, I am not fine. I am in a lot of pain and I don’t know how to get rid of it. I am so in love with him and I don’t know how to un-love him. I am crazy in love that I don’t know how to just forget about him. I am not fine, and I am hurting so badly. I miss him, eonnie, so much.”

 


[ A/N ] i can't believe that luhan chose chorong over joohyun. ikr. i am equally wth expression and wth again. like i can't believe it. ugh. and poor joohyun, she is literally hurting so much :( 

thank you for those who has been subscribing! do check out my new story 'Alpha', and click the subscribe button! it is my new upcoming collaborated story with crookedhooked and i am really excited. so please do do do check it out and just subscribe! the main male lead has not been revealed so do comment your guesses and stuff guys! hehe. thank you guys :)

 

insanegirl x