029

Crazy In Love

LUHAN - Our Tomorrow

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=24yOgzO-8Jg#%5BHD_%7C_Official_MV%5D_LUHAN_-_Our_Tomorrow_%5B_Back_To_20__OST%5D


In the previous chapter...

 

“Don’t they know about him?” Joohyun asked, as she stared out at the night sky. She then reached out and held Minyoung’s hand, while looking at her cousin,” Don’t they know that he is such a person? H-How can they let you marry him?”

Minyoung then looked at her cousin,” Stop worrying about me. It is just an arranged marriage, that’s all.” “Eonnie, you aren’t the only one that is hurting here. Zhiqiang is also hurting, and please, please let me intervene and do something.”

“I cannot be seflish, Joohyun. My parents did this for me, and I have to appreciate it. This is an order from me not to intervene. He has to learn to move on, because he is going to be next that’s why, never be born into a rich family. Never,” she whispered softly, as she clenched Joohyun’s hand tightly, while biting her lips.

Minyoung then wiped her tears, and Joohyun sighed,” Eonnie, I don’t want to see you in this state. Let me do something for you.”

“I forbid you to, because this is my destiny. This marriage will go on, and I want you to be my bridesmaid,” the older girl protested while sniffing. She then smiled bitterly,” I have come to learn love Joontae-ssi, and I believe that time will come for him to love me fully, like how I have decided to love him.”

“You are being selfish. You are hurting yourself, and those around you especially Zhiqiang. H-How can you sit here and bother to fight back? How can you be here, and tell me that you can love that jerk, when you only love Zhiqiang?” Joohyun asked, while staring at her cousin in disbelief.

Minyoung then whispered, her voice barely audible,” Because I am not you.” 

 

Joohyun run her fingers across the weddings dresses on the rack, while her eyes stared out in space. ”Noona, have you selected your dress?” Sehun asked, as he cut her train of thoughts, while stepping out from the changing room.

“H-Huh? Oh, nothing really caught my eye yet,” she mumbled, while turning around to look at her younger brother just to break into a smile. “You look dashing in that suit,” she complimented, while reaching her hands out to adjust his tie.

Sehun thn grinned, when Jongin shoved his brother aside and pointed towards his bow,” Noona, I need help with mine.” The younger male chuckled at his brother’s childish actions, while Joohyun smiled as she helped to tie Jongin’s bow.

“I wonder how Minyoung noona will look like in her wedding dress,” Jongin commented, while looking at himself in the mirror. Just before Sehun can reply her, the boutique shop’s door opened, and the three heads turned around to see a familiar yet strange man standing at the entrance of the shop.

He then took out his sunglasses, while placing it in his chest pocket while staring at Joohyun with a smug look, as he walked towards the trio,” Greetings to this lovely lady, I am Joontae.”

“Hands off,” Sehun hissed, while whacking the hand held out by Joontae, and Jongin took a step in front of his sister, whiel gritting through his teeth,” Don’t touch her.”

The man, Joontae, scoffed while taking his hand back,” My, my, such protective little brothers you have there, Joohyun-ssi. Well, that’s such a pity because I have an interest i-“

“Stop it,” a familiar voice rang out, and they turned around to see Minyoun stepping out from her changing room, while holding the front of the dress as she walked towards them with the help of a staff.

Joontae then held his hands out, as he reached out towards his fiancée when Minyoung jerked his hands away. “Don’t touch me, Joontae. Don’t touch her too.”

“Aww, Minyoung, are you jealous that I was looking at another girl?” he teased, while grabbing her wrist and jerking her forward, as he wrapped his other arm around her waist.

Joontae then bit her ears gently, before pulling away,” Don’t worry, because I only have my eyes on you for now.”

“H—“ Jongin started, when Minyoung shot him the warning look, as Joohyun tugged him backwards while shifting her attention elsewhere.

The older lady then cringed in her position, when Joontae began to move closer to his neck when Joohyun hissed,” That’s enough, Joontae-ssi. I believe that action of yours should wait till the both of you are married. Clearly, that action is not respectful, and don’t think that because you are the playboy, you are allowed to play with my eonnie.”

“Such a feisty little cousin you have,” Joontae smirked, while turning around to look at Joohyun, with those eyes filled with lust that send shivers down Joohyun’s spine. Her two brothers were about to grab him, when Joohyun cleared .

The older man then slid away from Minyoung, as he grabbed Joohyun’s arm and stared into her eyes. “You do know that you can call me anytime if you be-“ He whispered into her ear, as he leaned in closer.

“H-“

“Get your ing hands off her,” a cold, and harsh voice rang out, and Joohyun widened her eyes at the sound of the voice. “Hyung!” Sehun exclaimed, and before Joohyun can even say anything, Joontae was dragged away from her.

Minyoung then staggered backwards, as she whispered,” Z-Zhiqiang.” Joohyun turned around just to see Luhan grabbing Joontae’s collar, while Jongin was about to punch him as Zhiqiang standing by the side with a pained expression.

“M-Minyoung,” the older male whispered, while staring at her with no expressions. Joontae then glanced between the ex-lovers, and then at Luhan,” Look, I am here to grab my suit and look at my wife, but some rascal here is ruining the moment for me.”

The doed-eyed male tightened his grip tightly against the latter’s shirt,” Don’t treat a lady with such low respect. The two of them deserve more than that, and I am warning you, don’t ever lay your hands on Joohyun again or I will rip your throat out.”

“I will tear your limbs,” Jongin added along, as Luhan shoved the male away. Joontae then let out an annoyed sigh, while looking at Minyoung,” You know what, forget about this. I will come another day, and for the two of you, enjoy this horrible reunion and Minyoung, if you want, you can lose your ity first to him before you marry me. I don’t mind second-hands honestly.”

Before anybody can even react, Joontae was flung across the floor, as Minyoung gasped while Joohyun clasped her hands over . “Ge!” Luhan exclaimed, as he grabbed Zhiqiang, who was towering over the fallen Joontae.

“Don’t ever speak so low of her ever again, Joontae. I don’t care who the you are, but give that girl the respect. Don’t ever tell her to do such a thing ever again,” he snarled, as he tried to lung at the male, but was restricted due to the restraints of his cousin and Jongin.

Sehun then stared at Joontae,” I think you should take your leave for now. You-“ The male paused for a moment, before carrying on,”-have been a pain in the for quite a moment, so please leave. I don’t know who you really are, but with this current impression, I don’t think we will hand our cousin over to you, Joontae-ssi. I believe that you know that noona is a very affluent person, and I am pretty sure that I can convince her parents to pull off this marriage. Stop fooling around, and get serious before I do.”

 

“Why did you let him touch you all over?” Luhan questioned again, while looking at his girlfriend as the couple was walking along the Han river on the empty pavement.

Joohyun then rolled her eyes, before glaring at Luhan,” I am saying this again that he did not touch me all over, and that he only leaned in closer to me. I haven’t even ask you what on Earth were you doing there.”

“Ge wanted to talk to Minyoung noona,” he replied, before messing his hair with his free hand. “You should hit him, the minute he touches you,” Luhan sighed again, as Joohyun laughed.

“He wouldn’t dare to touch me more than that with Jongin and Sehun-“

“You literally stopped your brothers from intervening. You should be glad that I stepped in,” he chided, while pouting.

Joohyun laughed, while leaning her head against his,” I am sorry. I promise to let them intervene whenever they want including our date.”

“Hey! That’s not fair.”

The latter chuckled, when Luhan added softly,” Seeing Ge in such a state, and Minyoung-ssi, I wonder whether the same thing will happen to us.” An awkward silence fell upon the couple, and Luhan tightened his grasp against Joohyun.

“Don’t think so negatively. Nothing will happen for now,” she whispered, and he nodded his head before looking at the familiar couple from far, as they embraced one another.

 

***

“So, that’s what the both of you have been hiding from us?” Jongin questioned, in a disbelief voice, while looking at the two older ladies, who were throwing looks at one another.

Sehun then shook his head, as he stared Minyoung,” Noona, why didn’t you tell us this? We could have help you and even save you from such a thing.”

“Why do you speak like your sister?” she chuckled, before shaking her head,” I am afraid that I need to stop the three of you again. I told Joohyun before that I have repay back my gratitude towards my parents for bringing me up, and I don’t want to go against them t-“

“We aren’t talking about going against our elders. We are talking about your happiness which is clearly hanging from the line. Can’t you yourself see that you are breaking apart, and you ex isn’t taking this well.”

Minyoung shook her head, while stressing again,” Nobody here is to go against my parents, or I will never speak to you all again.”

“Then don’t speak to us again,” Jongin hissed, while standing up while staring at his older cousin. “I am not being disrespectful but I am stating facts. How can you let them push you around like this especially when it comes to the theme of your happiness? How can you let them do what they want to you, and you don’t even care?”

Joohyun then frowned, while warning,” Jon-“

“I don’t understand why we as the children of the rich families, we need to go along with the flow and everything. Every marriage since the past has been arranged, and when was there a marriage that never required an arrangement? Are you really to going to let your happiness slipped out of your hands, as you live in agony and grief for the rest of your life?” Jongin asked.

He then ran his fingers through his messy hair, while sighing,” I know that I have no right to say about this matter, but I don’t care. I rather you not speak to me forever, than to see you sobbing in the corner when that rascal just fools around with girls. I rather have him to break a thousand other girls’ heart than my cousin’s heart. Sehun is with me for sure, and noona too. But it is up to you. You saw how that ex of yours reacted, so how can you sit here and calmly tell us that you will be getting married to him?”

“It is for the family, Jongin. I don’t have any say,” Minyoung lowered her head, while clasping her hands together.

Sehun then spoke,” Then make your say known. You have us, and the way he treats you just a second ago, is disgusting and he doesn’t deserves you at all. Think about it, noona. We all want you to be happy.”

“And don’t do anything, I beg of you guys. Just let this go, please.”

 

Joohyun collapsed onto her bed, while curling up into a ball as she grabbed a pillow and hugged it tightly. “Noona.”

“Yeah?” she replied, while cranking her neck slightly, just to see Jongin standing at her room door, with a cup of water in his hands. Joohyun then nodded her head, as the younger male opened the door even wider, as he walked into the room.

Jongin then looked at his sister, while placing the glass of water down,” What do you think about Minyoung noona’s arranged marriage?”

“I am against it, but like she has said, she doesn’t want any of us to interfere with it,” the older latter sighed softly, while staring up at the ceiling. Jongin then sat at the edge of the bed, and asked,” Are you really not going to do anything?”

Joohyun then sighed softly, and he asked,” Noona, if you are involved in such a thing, can we interfere?”

“You guys are always welcome to create trouble,” she chuckled, while sitting up to look at her brother. “Jongin-ah, you may want to interfere with eonnie’s wedding, but think about it, she has already begged us to leave it alone. As her cousins, I think we should respect her own decision and not doing anything.”

The male then frowned and was about to protest, when she carried on,” Also, Miinyoung eonnie, she has already think through her own decision, so we shouldn’t put her in a difficult spot at all. If she wants us to help, she will definitely open and ask us to.”

“Noona, I hate being a rich kid.”

“Same here.”

 

***

“Joohyun, good morning,” Yoona chirped as she stood in front of the taller latter, who was busy rummaging through her bag. Joohyun then smiled,” Morning, Yoona. Do you have an extra pencil?”

The doed-eyed female nodded her head, while reaching her hand into her bag to grab her pencil case,” Why do you need it?”

“I need to sign this form over here, and I guess I don’t have any stationery with me.”

“Here. What form is it about?” Yoona asked, while looking at the form in Joohyun’s worksheet. “Some form to confirm about my entry into one of the hospitals as an intern after the entrance exams.”

Yoona widened her eyes, as she caught sight of the hospital name. “Seoul Hospital? Isn’t that your family’s hospital?”

“It is,” the latter nodded her head, while signing the bottom of the form.

Yoona then raised an eyebrow,” Then why do you need to sign the form?”

“Oh, I am entering the hospital fairly, and not as the daughter of the Director to prove my ability,” Joohyun replied, while returning Yoona the pen, instead of a pencil.

“You are really humble,” Yoona chuckled, while grabbing Joohyun’s arm,” Well, Doctor, we need to hurry off to Biology class now before the bell rings.”

 

Joohyun took her usual seat, while Yoona took hers at the other end of Joohyun’s. Reaching for her books in her bag, a crumbled paper ball landed onto her table, and she frowned slightly before looking around for the culprit.

Just as she was about to put the ball aside, she caught side of Miyoung staring at her before looking away.  Joohyun then furrowed her eyebrows, as she reached her hand out and unfolded the paper ball.

Have you think about it? Have you consider about helping me?
Please help me, because I don’t have anybody else that can help me with this. I beg you, Joohyun.

Joohyun stared at the paper, before folding it and placing it below the pencil case. She didn’t think about it during the short period of time, but as she glanced at Miyoung’s back view, she can’t help but pity the latter.

‘But I don’t talk to Baekhyun-ssi anymore, and I will never see eye to eye with Taeyeon.’

Shaking her head, she then took out her pen and focused her attention on the lecture, while throwing away the thoughts of helping Miyoung out of her mind.

“So, the final exams are approaching soon and to prepare all of you here for the exam, I will like all of you to remain in class tomorrow as I will be doing revision on some of the topics,” the teacher announced, while placing his file on the table as he looked at the class.

He then carried on,” Also, I will like to collect back the form for the internship at hospitals, so please hand it up to me before leaving.”

“Joohyun, please come to the front of the classroom for a second as I need to speak to you,” the teacher added, before arranging his file as the other students began to discuss about their internship forms.

The latter made her way to the front, as the teacher smiled at her gently,” I heard that you are applying for the internship placings too, is that true, Joohyun?”

“Yes. I did applied for it based on my grades.”

“I see, but I am surprised. I thought you won’t do such a thing for you are the daughter of the Director, so I thought you won’t apply for the placing and will be kind enough to give up that seat to your classmates in this room,” the teacher replied, and Joohyun frowned slightly.

She then opened slightly,” E-Excuse me, seongsaeng-nim, what do you mean by that? Did you actually think that I am entering that hospital because of my dad?”

“Isn’t it? Like I said, you are the daughter of the Director and you will definitely be s-“

“Then you are wrong, because the one person-in-charge who is interviewing all of us is the Director, and as his daughter, he has even higher expectations from me. How could think that I am using him to get what I want? That is ridiculous when I working so hard on my grades to get a perfect score.”

The teacher then pushed his glasses up higher, before sighing,” I thought wrongly of you then, Joohyun. I thought you will be sensible enough to give up the position to the other students, but I guess not. Oh well, then forget about this talk and head back to your seat.” He then turned his back on her, while beginning to display his markers.

‘Great, this is going to be a wonderful day,’ she thought to herself with sarcasm, while walking back to her seat as Yoona made a face at her, before sticking her tongue out at the teacher.

Joohyun laughed softly, as she settled back in her seat, thankful for having such a friend as Yoona.

 

“I can’t believe that he said such a thing! I mean, he is a teacher for goodness’s sake,” Yoona gasped, while shaking her head in disbelief as the two girls headed towards the cafeteria. “Neither did I,” the other latter commented, while wrinkling her nose.

Just as Yoona was about to make another remark, a familiar voice spoke,” Hey, are you girls heading for lunch?”

“Kyungsoo!” Joohyun smiled, and Yoona threw her arm casually around Kyungsoo’s neck. “Why? Do you want to join us or something?” the doed-eyed female wriggled her eyebrows, and the shorter male cringed in his position. “You have a boyfriend, Im Yoona! Ew, get your hands off me.”

He then slid off from her hands, while standing beside Joohyun, as he shuddered,” I am not a cheater, neither am I somebody who come in between relationships. Another thing, you aren’t my type.”

“Hey!”

“Jeez, you two are so noisy, keep it down,” Joohyun waved her hands in between them, as they stuck their tongues out one another.

“I agree. I could hear the both of you from my locker.”

Joohyun turned her head, and was surprised to see Yixing walking beside them, with his guitar slung behind his back. “Oh my, since when were you there?” Yoona shrieked softly, before whacking the male gently on his forearm.

“I was here ever since the two of you were squabbling. Hey Kyung, and Hyung,” he smiled, while acknowledging the other two. Kyungsoo then grinned,” Are you going to propose your love to me during break?”

Yixing shook his head, with his pokerface,” I am not gay, Kyungsoo. I am straight, and even if I do sing, it won’t be for you, or you.” He then turned towards Yoona, before reaching into his pocket to grab his guitar’s pick.

“Aww, so Yixing, do you have a crush or something?”

“No.”

Joohyun then laughed by his direct answer, while pushing against the cafeteria’s door,” You better get a girlfriend, before Luhan starts to nag at you.”

“Nah, let him do the job then. I miss his nagging,” Yixing shrugged his shoulders, as Yoona made a face while Kyungsoo coughed. “You got to be kidding me, you love hearing Luhan’s nagging?” the shorter male questioned, while staring at Yixing.

The Chinese male just smiled, as he gestured towards their usual table,” Just like you love Jongdae’s one.”

“Jongdae, Yixing is creeping me out,” Kyungsoo cried out, while crashing into his best friend’s embrace, as the other three laughed while watching their other friends’ expression turned.

Luhan then patted the space beside him, while looking at Joohyun, and Yixing,” Here, I saved two seats for the both of you.”

“Aww, thanks but best friend, may I ask you something?” Yixing asked, while sitting down beside Luhan as he placed his guitar beside him.

The doed-eyed male raised an eyebrow, before looking at Joohyun, who was sitting beside him as she fumbled with her bag strap. “If Joohyun and I were to be thrown off a cliff, and you get the chance to save somebody, who will you save?”

“Ooo, tough question,” Chanyeol laughed, as he stuffed his sandwich into his mouth. The male then stared at his best friend, and asked,” Are you really asking me this?”

Yixing shrugged his shoulders,” Why not? It is worth knowing, and oh, look at Joohyun. She looks like she wants to know the answer too.” Luhan turned around, and was surprised to see his girlfriend looking at him with curious eyes.

“Not you too,” he grumbled, while grabbing his cup of drink. Jongdae then cooed,” Tough luck, dude. It is either your best friend, or your girlfriend.”

Yoona then added on,” You can only choose one.”

Luhan then furrowed his eyebrows, and Yixing sighed in disappointment while shaking his head,” I am disappointed in you.”

“H-Hey! I w-“

“So am I,” Joohyun added on, as she looked at Luhan before stealing a slice of tomato from his tray. “I haven’t even say my answer!”

Yixing then stared at his friend with his normal and usual pokerface,” You are supposed to say ‘Joohyun’ immediately.”

“Wait, what? W-“

“I thought you will say Yixing, since he is your best friend,” his girlfriend commented, while shaking her head.

Luhan then threw his arms in the air, and sighed,” Great, now the both of you are really targeting me even though I don’t know what I did wrong. I should be the one jumping off the cliff.”

“I won’t save you though,” Yixing said, as he stood up while smiling at his best friend. “Because I need to grab my food now.”

The male then jogged off towards the food stalls, as the others around the table laughed at the bewildered expression of Luhan. Joohyun then poked his face, while saying,” I am going to buy my food too.”

“I will accompany you,” he replied instantly, as he stood up and followed Joohyun.

He then stared at Joohyun, and asked,” Did you really want me to say Yixing’s name a second ago?”

“Of course. Why will you save me when you barely know me for a year when you know Yixing since young? Furthermore, you guys have a stronger bond, and are literally inseparable,” she replied, as Luhan held her hand.

The doed-eyed male then chuckled,” I didn’t know you will have such a response.”

“It is logical. I mean, Yixing is really a great friend towards you, and you treasure him a lot. I could tell through the separation a few weeks ago, and how you cried for him and stuff. Yixing means a lot to you.”

“But you mean a lot to me,” Luhan said.

Joohyun then chuckled,” I do, before as the saying goes ‘Bros before hoes’, Yixing is worth it. Trust me, you will never find a friend like him ever again so save him.”

“I-“

“Well, I do approve of Joohyun so save her instead. Your best friend have the power to heal. Remember, I am a unicorn and I can heal,” Yixing cut Luhan off, as the couple found themselves to be standing behind the latter.

Joohyun then frowned,” U-Unicorn?

“Long story, and don’t even ask,” Luhan groaned, while messing his friend’s hair. “Well, heal that brain of yours, scatterbrain.”

Yixing just grinned widely, before fist-bumping Luhan,” Whatever, idiot.”

“Scatterbrain.”

“Idiot.”

“Scatterbrain.”

“Stupid idiot who has a scatter-brained best friend.”

Joohyun burst into laughter, as she witness their hilarious yet loving friendship. It was so precious. 

 


[ A/N ] hey guys, and i am back with another! so, i wrote the ending in such a way because as a person, as a friend, i put friendships first because my friends are always there for me and i think that we should never like throw them aside. and another thing is that, i love yixing and luhan's friendship here, because i think it is so genuine like luhan is alwys worrying and caring for yixing to the point that even Joohyun can feel it! so, that's why she asked him to save her. that's my reason for writing it in such a way :) anyway, thank you to those who subscribed to this story and even supported me during this period! i will uplodaing regularly, so please do not worry thank you guys <3 

and this is just so precious to me. 

 

_insanegirl_