041

Crazy In Love

Justin Bieber - Sorry
http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=8ELbX5CMomE#Justin_Bieber_-_Sorry_(Lyric_Video)


In the previous chapter...  

As Joohyun watched her two brothers head off to their dance school, she leaned back against the seat while looking around the cafe. She then remembered the times he and her used to drop by, and bought coffee together before heading to his house to study.

She then let out a sigh as she stood up while walking towards the front counter. Glancing at the signboard, she then smiled at the cashier, “A cup of Dark Mocha please. Two shots too. And a Red Velvet cake takeaway, please.”

As the cashier keyed in her order, another customer stood beside as he ordered at the next counter, “A blended ice Espresso, with whip cream. Three shots too.”

A blended ice Espresso, with whip cream. Three shots too.

 Joohyun frowned slightly as she listened to the customer’s orders, and can’t help but give a small smile. It was similar to his whenever he orders his coffee. Always asking for three shots, and always ordering Espresso. Blended t-

Joohyun froze for a second, as she turned her head to the right and stumbled slightly as the customer stared at her, and reaching out to catch her. She then let out shaky breath, as she clutched on to him while keeping her full attention on him, just as he kept his fully on hers.

“Y-Y-Y-“

“Hey. Your order never seemed to change even after three months.”

 

Joohyun stared at her cup of coffee while shifting in her seat uneasily, again. “How are you?” he asked softly, while looking at her curiously.

“I-I am fine. How about you?”

“Doing fine too. I heard you guys graduated from University today. Congratulations,” he smiled at her, as she nodded her head weakly, before shifting her gaze back to the cup of coffee.

She then glanced at him and asked softly, “Why are you in Seoul? I thought you were supposed to be in Shanghai.”

“I am here to sign a contract deal. Just met up with the client and sealed the deal,” he shrugged his shoulders, before leaning backwards casually against the chair. “I am moving back here, in fact.”

Joohyun widened her eyes slightly as her heart thumped loudly against her rib cage. She then glanced at his hand, and spotted the familiar engagement ring on his fourth finger before looking away painfully. “That’s nice. H-Have you told the rest?”

“Not really. I just reached today and you are the first one I met so far,” he shook his his head, as he tucked his hands into his pocket, not wanting her to be affected by the engagement ring again.

There was a second of silence, when he asked, “J-Joohyun, do you think we can talk about us for a second?”

Her name seemed to sound perfect whenever he says it, and it just brought back tons of memories to the both of them in just a second.

She then looked at him, and gave a faint smile, “Luhan, there is nothing to talk about anymore. We ended things 3 months ago and I don’t really see a point in bringing back the past and trying to repeat things again.”

“I want you to hear me out. From the top.”

“You said a lot that day and I heard a lot that day too. What else is there to say?” she shook her head, while staring at him with a slightly pained expression. Studying his features, Joohyun noticed that Luhan has indeed aged slightly with all drooping eyelids and eyebags.

Luhan then shook his head, as he leaned forward, “I may say a lot that day but none of it makes sense to you, to me and to us. I just want to explain right from the top. P-Please, just give me a chance to talk.”

“Luhan, I thought I made things clear the other time. I really don’t want to talk about it anymore. To be honest, I don’t want to bring up this whole matter again. Whatever happened between us have to stay in the past. We can’t keep talking about the past us and never move on from it. You are going to be getting married and I am going on with my own life. We should just leave it,” Joohyun protested as she stared at him.

She don’t want to hear the truth. She don’t want to hear why he had to pick Chorong instead of her. It wasn’t easy for her to move on, and she don’t want one truth to just break everything she had been doing so far. She had to move on no matter what.

Luhan then bit his lips, as he stared at her, “I know. But this is the last chance I can ever tell you again. Give me this last chance and I can explain.”

“L-“

“Please. I know that now isn’t the right time to talk about us but at least think about it. Think about us and just give us a chance again. I want to talk. I want to tell you everything and I want to you understand. I want you know that I can’t move on, Joohyun. I can’t accept this whole thing that we are over, and that what we shared is no longer important to the both of us anymore. I just can’t let you go,” Luhan pleaded.

Joohyun glanced away as she clutched her bag tightly. He still had the effect on her and she wanted to hear him out too, but she didn’t want to piece back something broken back again when it is going to break again.

Luhan then begged again, “Please. Tomorrow. Just the two of us, the whole day. Let’s just talk.”

Joohyun then glanced at him before standing up abruptly, “I need to go, Luhan.” As she headed towards the exit, with her cake in her hands and her steaming coffee on the table, she never looked back.

“Tomorrow, I will be waiting for you at the tree. Ten in the morning. I will wait till you come!” Luhan exclaimed as he stood up, as his chair cluttered noisily, causing the other customers to look over but he paid no attention. He only needed hers, and that was the most important thing.

 

“So, are you going?” Baekhyun asked as he raised an eyebrow, while watching Joohyun stared at her slice of cake in a daze.

After Joohyun had left the café, she had headed over to Baekhyun’s house to ask him for some advice. After all, Baekhyun is still her best friend and she can count on her during such times.

She then shrugged her shoulders, while glancing at him, “I don’t want to fix another broken heart again. I mean, I went through the pain and I know it felt and even though 3 months have passed, I can still feel the tingling sensation of the pain and it never goes away.”

“I think you should go. I mean, not that I am siding with him or anything. It may be painful trying to hear the truth but at least you know why he did it,” he suggested while flipping a page of his storybook.

Joohyun then stared at her friend, and bit her lips, “I don’t want to take another risk, Baekhyun. It hurts the other time, and it may hurt again. Twice the pain and I don’t know how to fix it back.”

“Stop lying to me and stop lying to yourself. Joohyun, you should know that deep down in your heart, the person who can break you into pieces is also the only person who can fix you back. The both of you had something that none of us had with you two. You guys understood one another perfectly and I know that the past 3 months have been the hardest and darkest period time in your life, I am pretty sure it was the same for Luhan.”

“I am not ready.”

“Then will you be?”

“I don’t know.”

“Do you really want to see him walking down that pathway and kissing that girl, and you don’t even know why he is doing such a thing?”

Joohyun cringed slightly, and Baekhyun sighed, “I am not trying to be harsh but you know that Luhan means something to you. Even if you try to deny it, even if you to run away and says that you are over him, you will never be. You are in love with him, Joohyun. This isn’t just puppy love or infatuation. This is your life and this is the person you fell so deeply in love with. Give it shot. Just try it out. Hear him out.”

Joohyun just remained silent as she placed her fork down. An image of Luhan’s face appeared in her mind as she shook her head while glancing at Baekhyun. “I want to move on. I-I don’t want to hear him out and let myself get fooled.”

“Okay. I am fine with what choice you go but Joohyun, don’t regret your actions okay. Think about it first,” Baekhyun smiled gently at his best friend, before reaching for his phone.

 

To: Luhan

I am trusting you with her. I hope you know what you are doing because whether she is going to go or not tomorrow, please respect her decision and give her the space. You did a lot to ruin her and I don’t want to see it happening again.

 

Baekhyun

 

***

“I can’t believe that you are leaving today,” Jongdae sulked before pulling Sooyeon and Yifan into an embrace as he sniffed softly. “It is just a day and you guys are going.”

Sooyeon hugged him back tightly before pulling back, “I got a dream to chase, silly. Don’t worry, we will fly back once a while to catch up and meet you guys again.”

“But that is going to be a very long wait,” Jongdae whined, as Kyungsoo tugged his collar backwards and chuckled in amusement. “They are just migrating to LA, idiot. You can fly over any time you want to meet them.”

“It is like miles and miles away.”

“Your boyfriend is rich.”

Jongdae chewed on his lips before nodding his head in agreement, “That’s true.” “Idiot,” Kyungsoo muttered under his breath, before embracing his two friends.

“Bon voyage guys. Have a safe trip there and contact us, okay?” he reminded them again, as he moved aside, allowing the others to bid their farewell.

Chanyeol then slung his arm around his best friend, and winked cheekily, “Well, I won’t miss you seeing the fact that we are going to be close by soon. But, have a safe trip there, okay? I will contact you when I reach NY in a few days’ time.”

“I know, stupid and I won’t miss you too. Hey, just know that if you make it big, I need to sign you on, okay?” Yifan grinned as he held his fist out, while Chanyeol returned it. “I won’t want you actually.”

Yuri then embraced Sooyeon as she mumbled, “I will miss you. Have a safe trip there.”

“I will, and I will miss you too. Contact me when you have something to do. Maybe I can design your clothes,” she winked.

Joohyun then held a bag out towards Sooyeon, and smiled, “This is for you.”

“You didn’t had to,” Sooyeon frowned as she accepted it before pulling her into a tight embrace, “But thank you for everything, Joohyun. I know that you are not going to accept the credit but you owe it. Yoona, Yixing, everybody want to thank you. I think I will miss you the most but don’t worry, I am just a call away. I am always here for you, so don’t worry, okay?”

“I will miss you too,” Joohyun mumbled, before wishing into Sooyeon’s ear, “Have a safe trip there and make it big, too.”

Sooyeon then grinned before whispering softly, “You should go and meet him. He needs you just like how you need him.”

With that, the petite girl pulled back as she smiled warmly at her friend. Yifan then wrapped his arm around her waist and sighed, “Well, we have to enter the departure hall then. We will miss you guys.”

“Same here. Have a safe trip,” Kyungsoo nodded his head, as he held his hand out. “Let’s meet as CEOs in the future.”

Yifan then grinned as he returned the handshake, “I look forward to it. Same to you too, Jongdae. I will be hiring you as our private doctor then, Joohyun. And Yuri, just find your dream.”

“I am going to cry,” Sooyeon whispered softly as she leaned into her boyfriend, as tears welled up. Yuri then chuckled, “Don’t forget to ask us to be your bridesmaids. We will be waiting for the card.”

The couple then laughed, as the group made their final farewells while watching the couple enter the departure hall, and disappeared among the crowd.

“Well, another pair of friends gone. Next is Chanyeol,” Jongdae sighed, as the group of them walked towards the exit, to carry on with their day.

Joohyun then glanced at her watch and it was already one in the afternoon. She then thought about him, and shook her head. She had to move on, no matter what.

He needs you just like how you need him.

He doesn’t and I don’t need him. We can live without each other just like the past three months.

And she knows that is a lie. A lie that she knows so well.

 

Joohyun was in the bookstore with Kyungsoo as the pair of friends browsed for books. “He is back, you know?” he said out of random, while glancing up from the book in his hands as he looked at Joohyun.

“I know. We met yesterday,” she nodded her head as she ran her fingers down the shelf, trying to find the book that she was looking. Kyungsoo then turned around as he leaned against the shelf, while raising an eyebrow. “How did it went?”

Joohyun then pulled a book out while shrugging her shoulders, “Awkward.”

“That’s all?”

She then frowned slightly before nodding her head, “I guess so. There wasn’t much to even talk about.”

“Are you really not going to meet him?”

“You know, you are like the third one who has asked me this question and this is getting really weird,” Joohyun pointed out while giving a small smile.

Kyungsoo then shrugged his shoulders, “I am not taking any sides but I am just curious. I met him yesterday and we did a bit of catching up. He is moving back to Seoul.”

“I heard about it,” Joohyun nodded her head, acknowledging that point while pulling out another book she had spotted.

“And, he doesn’t seemed to be heading back to Shanghai.”

“I have no idea about that.”

“Luhan seems to be staying here for a reason, and somehow, I think it is about you,” Kyungsoo rambled on again as he studied her facial expressions.

Joohyun then glanced at her friend before shaking her head, “Stop talking about nonsense stuff. He is getting married and I am not going to wreck it.”

“He has been waiting for at least six hours. Are you really not going to go?”

“I don’t want to have my heart broken again, Kyungsoo. I get your point but I don’t want to take risks,” she shook her head as she walked towards another shelf.

Kyungsoo then followed her and asked, “So, you think that when Luhan fell for you, he didn’t take any risks?”

“I know but I am not ready, Kyungsoo,” Joohyun frowned, as she grabbed another book before spinning around to face her friend, “Why are you so insistent on going?”

“I’m not.”

“You are. You are like forcing me.”

Kyungsoo then raised an eyebrow as he tucked his hands into his pockets, “I don’t take sides with friends, Joohyun and I never will. When he acted like a jerk at the party, I did what was right which was standing up for you. But now, you are talking about how you don’t want to take the risk about your heart. Luhan took lots of risk when he fell for you. He took plenty of them to just talk to you and he knew it, and every one of us knew. He knew that you will never look at him in school but he took it.  He knew that the chances of you falling for him is slim but he took the risk. Luhan is willing to even jump down a cliff just to prove his love to you, even though you won’t accept it. And you are not taking the risk just because you don’t want to hear the truth. Aren’t you a little selfish?”

Joohyun cringed slightly, but she knew Kyungsoo was right despite his harsh words. She wasn’t being fair.

“I know but he didn’t get his heart broken.”

“He did, Joohyun. He is a mess. All for you. You should know that Luhan loves you more than himself and he is willing to do anything just for you. If you think that this risk you are taking is too painful and too big to handle, I think you should just forget things with him because Luhan is clearly willing to take many risks just for you,” Kyungsoo said again, before glancing at his watch.

“Sitting out there for six hours may be some heroic thing but Luhan is doing this for you. He keeps promises,” he pointed out, when Joohyun glanced away. “He didn’t kept the last one.”

The doed-eyed male then shrugged his shoulders, before stating, “No matter what Luhan did, he is still my friend and I will support his choices as a friend. I am not saying he is right but I am not saying you are right. To be honest, I think I didn’t know you well enough to understand you but for now, I think you are selfish and you don’t think for him.”

“I-“

“Save it, Joohyun. I am not Luhan, so you don’t have to explain things to me. Just know that Luhan was willing to take more risks, risks that are heavier and more painful than what you are going to take to fall for you, to get his heart broken. He really loves you,” Kyungsoo muttered before walking to the side to answer a phone call, leaving Joohyun standing there to think about his words.

 

“I’m guessing that you have a fight with Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun asked, as he handed Joohyun a glass of water, before sitting down opposite her on his couch. Joohyun then nodded her head, as she looked at her friend.

“Do you think I am selfish making such a choice and not sparing Luhan’s thoughts and feelings?” Joohyun asked softly.

Baekhyun then widened his eyes slightly before leaning backwards, “Why?”

“I want to know. Am I? Do I sound like some kind of y lady who wants things her way and not bother to hear other people out?”

“You are not that sort of lady, Joo but I think you should hear him out. I mean, it is like six now and he is waiting for eight hours.”

“B-“

“Look, I don’t know what Kyungsoo said to make you this sad but I think whatever he said is kind of right. I am not siding anyone but you should give him a chance. Luhan gave you lots of chances when you shove him aside and he didn’t even complain a bit,” Baekhyun cut her off, while picking his book up.

He then added softly, “One thing I know for sure is that, he is willing to do anything for you so maybe you should take this risk of yours and hear him out.”

Joohyun then bit her lips in silence as she stared at the glass of water, before glancing at the clock on the wall. 6:29.

Will he even be there?

 

***

Joohyun walked towards the big tree that she spotted from far while glancing at her watch again. 7:59. It is going to be a fifty-fifty chance that Luhan may or may not be there, but she is taking a risk.

As she closed in towards the tree, she spotted a familiar figure crouched underneath the tree, rocking front and backwards.

“Y-You waited,” she mumbled as soon as she is within range of him, as Luhan stood up while tucking his hands into his front pockets, nodding his head. “I will wait till tomorrow morning and forever.”

Joohyun then glanced at his slightly blue lips and shook her head, “You are going to fall sick at this rate.”

“It is worth it.”

It is worth it.

She then stared at him, while Luhan looked at her intently, silently praying that something good will come out of today’s talk.

“Let’s head towards somewhere warm. You need to get a cup of coffee,” Joohyun suggested, as she gestured towards a restaurant nearby. Luhan then nodded his head, and replied softly, “I am fine with anywhere. I-I am just glad that you came.”

A few minutes later, both of them were sitting down opposite one another as Luhan cupped his hands around cup of hot chocolate, before looking up at Joohyun, who was playing with her fingers.

She then took in a deep breath before saying, “I’m sorry. Please just hear me out for now. I am sorry for making you wait for at least ten hours and for being a . The thing is that I had contemplations about coming here to hear you out but then Kyungsoo said something that was right. I am selfish. At first, I didn’t want to come and listen to you because I didn’t see a point if I am the only one going to get hurt. I was selfish and I didn’t want to take the risk for you, for us.”

“Joo-“

“I’m not done. I am selfish for thinking about myself. The past three months were not easy for me, and I never thought how you will be feeling or how you will be acting. I never thought about that, and then when Kyungsoo said that I was being selfish, that was when I realised everything. You did this for a reason and you were hurt about it. It wasn’t only me being the victim here. I never bother to think how you were feeling as I thought I was the only one in pain. He is right. If I can’t take this simple risk to hear you out, to hear us out, I am selfish and I don’t deserve you. You were willing to do so many things for me, and I wasn’t even willing to hear you out. I am sorry. For being selfish and being self-centred but I guess I didn’t want everything to repeat again. I am afraid but I am willing to take the risk now, Luhan. Because I love you and I want to hear you out,” Joohyun rambled on, while staring at him.

Luhan then broke into a small smile, “Y-You aren’t selfish. I was the one when I shoved you aside. I am sorry instead, Joohyun. There is something I need to tell you before I can even tell you the whole story.”

The latter then raised an eyebrow, as Luhan removed his engagement ring from his fourth finger and placed it on the table, while looking at her, “The engagement was called off two months ago and I am sorry for lying.” 

 


[ A/N ] HI guys! chapter 41 and I am feeling so good about this story. So, how do you guys like the story so far? I don't know whether it is good or not but I hope it is definitely up to standard! Well, sadly, CIL is definitely coming to an end in two more chapters >< but there MAYBE bonus chapters. maybe only

Anyway, do check out my new story and click the 'Subscribe' button because I hope you guys will show your support to the story again *hugs you all* I love you all and thank you for upvoting CIL and subscribing and showing your love and support! Thank you guys, and just stay tuned to the next chapter.

 

insanegirl x