042

Crazy In Love

Justin Bieber - Love Yourself

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=oyEuk8j8imI#Justin_Bieber_-_Love_Yourself__(PURPOSE_%3A_The_Movement)


In the previous chapter...

“I’m not done. I am selfish for thinking about myself. The past three months were not easy for me, and I never thought how you will be feeling or how you will be acting. I never thought about that, and then when Kyungsoo said that I was being selfish, that was when I realised everything. You did this for a reason and you were hurt about it. It wasn’t only me being the victim here. I never bother to think how you were feeling as I thought I was the only one in pain. He is right. If I can’t take this simple risk to hear you out, to hear us out, I am selfish and I don’t deserve you. You were willing to do so many things for me, and I wasn’t even willing to hear you out. I am sorry. For being selfish and being self-centred but I guess I didn’t want everything to repeat again. I am afraid but I am willing to take the risk now, Luhan. Because I love you and I want to hear you out,” Joohyun rambled on, while staring at him.

Luhan then broke into a small smile, “Y-You aren’t selfish. I was the one when I shoved you aside. I am sorry instead, Joohyun. There is something I need to tell you before I can even tell you the whole story.”

The latter then raised an eyebrow, as Luhan removed his engagement ring from his fourth finger and placed it on the table, while looking at her, “The engagement was called off two months ago and I am sorry for lying.”

 

“Joohyun, a-are you okay?” Luhan asked softly as the latter opposite him froze in her seat, while staring at the engagement ring on the table. He then cleared his throat and asked her again, as Joohyun jumped slightly before looking at him.

She then shook her head slightly, and frowned, “H-H-“

“I called it off. It was a hoax, it was never real. Three months ago, the day that I flew off to Shanghai was the day when my father was in critical condition, and was unable to run the business. My mother wasn’t willing to take over the CEO’s role and demanded me to fly back home immediately to take over the seat and run the business temporarily,” Luhan chuckled bitterly as he took out his iPhone.

He then gestured towards it, “When I reached, I received your message, the first one in fact but she took it away. She said that it is a distraction and gave me a brand new one, which explains why I couldn’t contact you at all. I wasn’t avoiding you, Joohyun. I had no way to contact you. I was under daily supervision to ensure that I am doing the right job as the replacement-CEO, and she wanted me to run it.”

“How is your father?” Joohyun asked, as she inched in closer. Luhan chuckled softly, amused that Joohyun cares about his father more than her own heartbreak or their broken relationship.

Luhan then shrugged his shoulders, “I have no idea in fact. The engagement party was the last time I actually saw him.”

“What?” Joohyun widened her eyes before glaring at the doed-eyed male. “Luhan! He is your father for goodness gracious.”

“I don’t see a need to. I-I moved out in fact,” he admitted softly, while leaning back in his seat as he studied the girl before him. Three months may have passed, and both were broken but some things do stay the same.

Joohyun then narrowed her eyes, and frowned, “He is your father in the end. You can’t just not care.”

“They didn’t care for me when I grew up. They only started three months ago,” he muttered while sipping his drink. Luhan then raised his head to look at her, “I moved out to live an apartment. I became the running CEO of the company three months ago, forced brutally. And that wasn’t it. My parents were behind the engagement. They blackmailed me.”

“W-Why?”

Luhan then shrugged his shoulders, “The old man is dying and they need somebody with their own blood to run their company. Seeing that I was their only son, guess they decided to take me back in. They used Yixing and Yifan to blackmail me. You should know that their business was top-notch in China, and one of the top ten around the world. Yixing and Yifan’s businesses were barely even noticeable. My parents had shares within their company and they are major shareholders. T-They said that if I don’t do as they say, they will withdraw the shares and this will affect their business.”

“H-How cou-“

“How could they? They are not humans. They are scumbags that resume to dirty tricks to get what they want. That’s who they are. They practically forced me to the engagement and I did it to save my friends. I couldn’t let them be involved when they are innocent. But along the way, I hurt you and I can never forgive myself for that.”

Joohyun glanced away painfully as Luhan added softly, “And I know that whatever I am going to say will be useless to save us but I wanted to let you know. A-At least I can let you go when you know the truth.”

Luhan then stared at Joohyun silently, and carried on, “That day when you asked me to choose between her and you, I wanted to choose you and really do what I promise, kidnap you and just run away. I really did but I remember the purpose of my succession and the engagement, I couldn’t do it. But I regret it. I should have choose you and just run away with you.”

“You didn’t.”

“And that is the biggest mistake in my entire life.”

“Why couldn’t you tell me earlier? I-I could have understand a-“

“I never wanted to bring you into my family matters. I never wanted to get you involved until the engagement and I know that was the biggest decision I had to make. I-I thought I can be a superhero and save everybody including myself but I ended hurting you. I’m really sorry.”

Joohyun then blinked her tears away before asking in a shaky voice, “D-Did you love her?”

“No. Not even once. I called off the engagement the minute I had the chance to and that isn’t a regret. I-I finally had the power to do whatever I can do because the company is officially under my hands.”

Joohyun frowned slightly, and Luhan rushed to explain, “Before forcing me to do whatever they wanted, I made a deal with them. After everything, I will have all says in my life and the business and that the family ties between us will be broke.”

The latter gasped softly, as pain flickered across Luhan’s face. “I-I know it was a rash decision but I didn’t want to have a family with them. I want to by myself and do whatever I want. I want to have a family with you, and not them. They agreed and the minute the papers were done, all the conditions were being placed. I-I cancelled the engagement, tell the reporters that it was a hoax. I made new deals with more people around the world, expanding the business for the past two months to maintain the stocks. A-And, everything was smooth.”

“Your parents.”

“They tried to convince me to listen but I didn’t. I-I walked away from that house the same day the papers were signed, and I moved out. I got my own apartment away from them, near the head office which is in the city. And I am moving back here. I am shifting the head office to Seoul, and all business in Shanghai will be under one of the trusted staff,” he muttered through clenched teeth.

Luhan then glanced at Joohyun, “I know that it is late, but I had to do some things and I am sorry for hurting you the past three months. A-At least I am glad to come back to see that you are happy and doing fine.”

There was a second of silence when he continued, “I-I don’t expect you to forgive me and forget whatever had happened. I just wanted to tell you the truth and I will understand if you wish to cut all ties. I-I just wanted to make sure that you are happy.”

Joohyun take in a sharp breath just as tears rolled down her cheeks. She then looked at Luhan, and mumbled softly, “Thank you for telling me everything. But I want to think it over about us. I need time.”

“I will wait forever,” he whispered softly, just as his heart broke into two again. He knew that it was impossible for her to say yes immediately. Her answer didn’t seemed to be forgiving either, and he knew that the chances were slim yet he wanted to risk it. For her, anything is worth it.

 

 

“So, I’m guessing that the both of you have talked through things and you figured out why he did it,” Baekhyun stated as he sat down in front of Joohyun. He had ended his date with Taeyeon an hour ago, and rushed to Joohyun’s house when he received her voicemail.

She nodded her head weakly, and he asked softly, “So, what are you going to do?”

“I-I don’t know. I mean I can forgive him for everything. The engagement and the break-up but I am scared to say yes to him. I am scared that everything between us will collapse in a second, and I just can’t bear to go through the same pain but I know Luhan is different now. He is independent, and runs the business well.”

“So what is holding you back other than the fear?”

Joohyun bit her lips before whispering, “I don’t want to lose him again. I don’t want him to walk out all of a sudden without reasons. I don’t want to lose him another time.”

“Then tell him that. That’s all he needs to hear. Tell him your fears. Can’t you see that he is moving to Seoul is not to escape from his parents but to be with you? Luhan is willing to sacrifice his business if it means to be with you. That guy loves you and everybody can tell. I am sure that you aren’t the only one in the entire relationship to be afraid of losing him. He is worried that he can’t even get you back,” Baekhyun suggested as he flipped through the magazines.

He then added, “I don’t see why you should say no. The both of you are in love with one another despite being apart for three months. You still love him, and you want to say yes but you don’t dare to do so.”

“Thanks for stating the not-obvious,” she rolled her eyes as she replied, before hugging her pillow.

Baekhyun then shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know but you don’t have much time in fact. Despite him moving to Seoul, how long can he wait?”

“He said that he will wait.”

“And you think he won’t give up? He is a male. I won’t wait for long,” he muttered, as Joohyun sat there, and pondered through her friend’s words. It is true. How long can Luhan wait? Won’t he be tired of waiting?

 

***

Five days had passed and she hasn’t given him her answer. In fact, the both of them had no forms of contact for the past five days. Joohyun was busy getting ready for her work, and Luhan was busy settling down and making arrangements for his moving to Seoul.

Joohyun was getting ready for work on the sixth day as she packed a few stuff into her bag, before grabbing her coat. She then called out, “I am heading to work. See you guys later.”

She heard two replies from her brothers and shut the door behind her, before boarding the car as her driver stood by the side with the car door opened. “Good morning, Miss.Seo.”

“Morning, Mr.Park. Have you had your breakfast?” she asked politely, while glancing at her watch. In fact, she was still three hours early but she had things to do.

He then nodded his head before asking politely, “May I know you will like to go now?”

Joohyun then handed him a slip of paper, and gave a small smile, “Here. Thank you.”

Half an hour later, Joohyun has reached her destination and she peered out of the window, and glanced up at the different skyscrapers.

“I will be heading inside for a while. I will be back later,” she said before alighting from the car, as the driver nodded his head. “You can contact me when you are ready to go.”

With that, Joohyun approached the lobby of the skyscraper just as the security guard raised an eyebrow at her. “How may I help you?”

“I am looking for a resident who resides here. In fact, I am paying a visit,” she replied, as the security guard eyed her a few seconds, before asking, “Which floor?”

Joohyun then cringed slightly, “I have no idea. In fact, it is my first time here.”

“Who are you even looking for?”

“Mr.Xi.”

“And how are you related to him?”

“I am his girlfriend,” she mumbled softly as a blush crept up her face, while the security guard frowned slightly. “Mr.Xi has never mention about having a girlfriend.”

“Well, ex but I am here to give him an answer.”

The security guard then smiled in amusement, “Oh, I heard about it. He was telling me about this girl who he asked to be his, and she said to give her some time. I’m guessing that you are the one.”

“Kind of.”

“Well, he resides on the top floor. In fact, he owns two penthouses which he had combined together.”

Joohyun then smiled before thanking the security guard. He then grinned teasingly, “So, I am guessing your answer is a yes?”

The latter just gave a small smile before disappearing towards the life lobbies. As soon as Joohyun stepped into the lift, she pressed the last button before leaning against the lift as she clutched her hands tightly. She is lying if she says that she isn’t nervous.

As soon as she heard the ‘ding’ sound, she stepped out while glancing around her. There were at least six units, and then she spotted one right at the corner. Studying that unit, she realized that the unit’s door and the neighbouring one had a large gap between them, and then she remembered the security guard’s words.

In fact, he owns two penthouses which he had combined together.

Joohyun walked towards it as her footsteps echoed along the hallway. As she stopped in front of the door, she reached out with slight hesitation before pressing the doorbell. Standing there for a few seconds, Joohyun took in a few deep breaths as she waited patiently.

A few seconds later just to reveal a just-awoke Luhan, with his messy bed hair, dressed in a simple tee and boxer shorts. He then rubbed his eyes while yawning, “Joohyun, what are you doing here? Did something happened?”

Joohyun’s heart skipped a few beats as she listened to his husky voice as the doed-eyed male took a step forward, with his pair of worried eyes. “Did something happened to you? Are you alright?”

Luhan then reached for her shoulders when she took a step forward, as she wrapped her arms around him while burying her face into his chest. “I’m fine. I am alright as long as I am with you,” she whispered softly, and she waited for his reply.

But there was no forms of reply, and Joohyun’s heart sank for a few seconds when a pair of familiar, strong arms wrapped around her waist tightly, yet gently, pulling her closer into his embrace.

“J-Joohyun.”

“I want us back. I want you. I-I just don’t want to lose you again and I don’t us to be gone. In fact, I love you, Luhan and I am willing to give us a shot again. I-I don’t want to let you go in fact,” she mumbled, while inhaling in his familiar scent of his thin cologne.

Luhan then rest his chin on her head before hugging her even tighter. “Thank you for giving us a chance. Thank you and I will really make it up to you.”

“Thank you instead,” Joohyun whispered softly, as the couple broke apart before leaning in to kiss one another gently.

 

An hour later, both of them were sitting opposite one another at the kitchen table as Luhan munched noisily on his cereal while keeping his gaze fixated on Joohyun. He then glanced at the clock, and asked softly, “Are you going to work?”

“In an hour. Don’ worry, I still have time,” she mumbled before asking softly, “Do you still want to become a doctor?”

Luhan’s face saddened slightly before shaking his head, “I am focusing more on running the business. Even though it might be slightly regretting, but it is worth it. At least you are becoming a doctor, and I am proud of it.”

“Is the business doing fine?”

“Yes. More deals are coming in and stocks are rising which is a good thing,” he nods his head as he stuffed another spoon of cereal into his mouth. “Pushing work aside, do you have time tonight?”

Joohyun shook her head, “I am on shifts for time being since we are new. But probably after a month or something, things will be more finalized and settled.”

“So, does that mean it will be hard to bring you out on a date?” Luhan asked as he raised his eyebrows. She then shrugged her shoulders, “I have to tell you later once I get the schedule but I can make it for lunch instead at times.”

He then broke into a grin, before nodding his head, “I will definitely meet you for lunch then.”

 

***

“You didn’t had to play the bad guy the whole time. You could have told us like three months ago!” Jongdae scowled before sipping on his drink loudly, as he glared at his friend, who was casually leaning backwards.

Kyungsoo then laughed softly before asking, “So, I am guessing that the both of you guys are back together.”

“We are taking things slow. I don’t know what you said to her the other night but it was mean,” the latter pointed out bluntly, as the petite male shrugged his shoulders while stating, ‘But you two are back together. That’s the more important thing.”

Jongade then frowned, “A-Am I missing out on something?”

The other two laughed, when Kyungsoo said, “Yiixing and Yifan know about this too?”

“I told them a few weeks back and Yixing punched me in the face when we met. He wasn’t kind,” Luhan rolled his eyes. Jongdae then scoffed, “That’s good if not I would have throw the punch instead.”

Kyungsoo then laughed, “You can’t even kick, so don’t even talk about a punch, Jongdae.” The male just rolled his eyes before facing Luhan, “I am happy for the both of you so don’t mess things up, again.”

“Never. I am going to make things right this time.”

Jongdae then smiled in glee when Kyungsoo then asked, “So, the rest do know about your whole scandal thing right?”

“Yeah. I made it on the news, make sure every magazine knows about it so when Yoona actually found out about it, she went all woah on me, and it wasn’t a pleasant sight,” Luhan shuddered slightly, before adding, “I just want to say sorry for everything. I just tried to be a superman and stuff.”

Kyungsoo then raised an eyebrow, before pointing out, “The only Superman you can be is Joohuyn’s one. Don’t even think about becoming ours.”

“Yeah, like how Minseok is mine,” Jongdae added proudly.

Luhan then chuckled before nodding his head, “When are you two even settling down?”

“When the time is right. I have other things to focus about like my own business and Minseok has his own to run. We just decided to take things slow,” the male stated, before facing his best friend. “How about you?”

“What do you mean?” Kyungsoo asked, as he raised an eyebrow.

Jongdae then rolled his eyes as he asked, “When are you going to settle down?”

“Never.”

“Because you like guys so your parents will never allow?”

Kyungsoo made a face before mumbling, “I am running the business and it isn’t nice for me to be like gay and stuff. My parents will be disappointed and I am their only hope left. I can’t just ruin their hopes because of myself.”

“So you are going to sacrifice your happiness for them? Is it even worth it?”

“What about Jongin? Don’t the two of you have something?” Luhan asked while frowning slightly.

Kyungsoo’s face hardened slightly, before muttering, “We didn’t work out.”

“Wait, the two of you were together?” Jongdae widened his eyes, as Luhan stared at the two friends with amusement.

The wide-eyed boy shook his head, “No. We just went out for dates but when my brother started creating trouble and I had to take over, Jongin didn’t want to make me lose my family so he ended things during our dates.”

“So you guys were together?”

“We were just dating. Getting to know one another.”

Luhan then frowned, “So things are over?”

“Yeah. I mean I understand where he was coming from and he understood mine, and I just wanted him to find someone who can appreciate him better than me, willing to risk anything for him,” Kyungsoo explained. ‘We are still friends but we just don’t talk much.”

Jongdae then hugged his friend, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I just wanted things for him to be better. If he can be happy with somebody else, then I will let go. He is doing fine in fact. He met somebody recently and I am happy for him,” Kyungsoo gave a small smile, before sipping on his cup drink.

“I mean, that’s all we can do. When we are crazy in love with them, we just do anything for them even if it means letting go.” 

 


[ A/N ] O M G guys, it has reached chapter 42 and i am so happy. I mean, none of my story has ever passed across 40 but this is so good. okay, firstly a BIG thank you to those who have upvoted it! I mean you guys are aamzing and I appreciate every single upvote. To every subscriber of this book, you guys are the best because you'll support every single chapter and you grow with up this book indirectly! I don't think saying thank you is enough but really, a huge thank you to every single one of you guys! 

And idk how many chapters more ;; yes, this book is going to end so that I can start on my new story 'Alpha', so do check it out and subscribe to it! Furthemore, this story is ending pretty soon. Probably another chapter and then yeah but I need to end it perfectly. So, many time lapses I guess but I promise to give my best as usual! Please do check out my new book, click subscribe and comment. Same goes for this. COMMENT GUYS. ILY YOU ALL. 

 

insanegirl x