025

Crazy In Love

Glee -  Jessie's Girl

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=kWI-GkO_NtU#Glee_-_Jessie_s_Girl_(Finn)


In the previous chapter...

 

“Too bad we only began to converse in University,” Luhan made a face, while lying on his back against the green grass. Joohyun then placed her head on his chest, allowing him to play and twirl her hair around. “We still have quite a long way to go.”

Luhan then hummed in response, and she asked,” I didn’t ask you before, but what are you going to be when you graduate?”

“A doctor.”

Joohyun then titled her head,” Serious? Which hospital then?”

“Your hospital,” he laughed, and Joohyun joined along. “Why? So that you can win my dad over and let him hand the hospital over to you?”

Luhan then rolled his eyes, while chuckling,” I won’t be that kind of son-in-law. I just want to be closer to you, so that’s why I chose that hospital.”

“Sweet tongue,” Joohyun commented, before asking,” Then, what about you family’s business?”

“I don’t know, one of the cousins is probably going to take over or something,” Luhan replied and Joohyun sat up. “Do you think your parents will arrange a marriage for you?”

Luhan then sat straight up immediately, and protested,” No way. I am never going to agree unless it is the girl I like. Wait, did your dad arrange a marriage for you?”

“No, my dad is free-and-easy. Don’t worry, the only one who ever protests is Jongin,” Joohyun shook her head, while looking at Luhan. The male then let out a sigh of relief,” Thank God, because I don’t want to lose you now.”

Joohyun then smiled,” You won’t lose me, because I am already yours in the first place.”

 

On the way back to the mansion, Luhan then frowned as he looked at Joohyun,” I don’t get it. I have been thinking for a long time, but I still don’t understand the family tree.”

“What do you not understand? It is really simple. My dad, my mother and then my two brothers, and me,” Joohyun chuckled as she watched her boyfriend rubbed his neck in frustration.

He then shook his head,” But then, you have another mother now, and that time Sehun’s mother p-“

“Oh, I get it. It is really simple. The first Mrs.Seo, which is my biological mother along with Jongin, passed away due to an accident, and we buried her here where she used to grow up,” Joohyun explained, while staring at their intertwined hands.

She then carried on,” For Sehun’s case is that his mother was with my father after marrying my mother, but he didn’t cheat and neither is he a womanizer. My mother was arranged to be in a marriage with my dad, and they did it. But my father truly loved Sehun’s mother, so my mom being the very open-minded lady agreed so they got married. But I was the first Lady’s child, and they wanted a son under the first Lady, so they did it again and got Jongin.”

“But then, Sehun’s mother also wanted a child with my dad, so came Sehun a few months later. That’s why both of them are of the same age. But then, Sehun’s mother passed away a few years later due to cancer, and Sehun was really depressed.”

Luhan then titled his head,” But then, there is another Mrs.Seo.”

“That is just another mother figure to us, but she isn’t any of our biological mother. She is just a lady who my dad fell for, and they got married so that is why there are three Mrs.Seo in the end,” Joohyun laughed, while looking at her boyfriend.

The doed-eyed male nodded his head, while taking in the new information. “He never loved my mother, even though she loved him. Isn’t that sad? To not be loved, and sacrificing her life for some stranger.”

“Do you hate your dad?”

“I don’t know, honestly. I mean, you can’t force feelings onto somebody and I can’t hate him for not loving my mother since it is an arranged marriage. But then, I don’t really like to talk to him at times because he seems cold. He was cold to my mom, and I can remember the way he shoved her aside.”

Luhan then squeezed her hand, as they walked back towards the house in silence. 

 

“Where did you guys went this morning?” Sehun asked the moment both Joohyun and Luhan entered the house. He then rushed towards his older sister, and reached out towards her shoulder,” Did you get hurt or anything?”

Joohyun gave a small smile, while shaking her head,” Nothing of that sort happened, Sehun. We just went for a walk, that’s all. Where are the o-“ Before she can even continue or finish her speech, a pair of arms embraced her from the back and somebody buried his or face into Joohyun’s neck.

“Thank God that you came back safely, and everything is fine,” the person murmured, and Joohyun chuckled while petting Yoona’s arms,” I am fine, Yoong. You don’t have to worry because Luhan did took good care oof me.”

Yoona then broke the hug, as Joohyun turned around to see her friends smiling at her. Jongdae then casually slung his arm around Luhan,” So, my dear friend, did anything fun happ-“

“Don’t be sick-minded,” Luhan hissed while whacking the male on his head, causing the others to burst into laughter. Joohyun then glanced at her brother, and asked softly,” Where is Jongin?”

Sehun’s face darkened for a second, as he lowered his head slightly,” He is still in his room, and Kyungsoo hyung-nim has tried to persuade him to come out, but he doesn’t even respond.”

“I am going to talk to him then. Sehun, bring the others for a tour or something. I can’t possibly let them stay around in this house, worrying about this whole drama thing,” Joohyun instructed, as she headed towards the flight of stairs. 

Yuri then called out,” Joohyun, it is okay. We can’t have fun while you three are suffering in pain.”

“No, I couldn’t let that happened. I invited you guys here for a reason to have fun and I am going to make sure that you guys have fun. Sehun, bring them to the ranch nearby, and let them meet the horses,” Joohyun shook her head, while giving her friends a reassuring smile.

Luhan then took a step forward,” I can stay behind with you.”

“It is okay. I need to have time with my younger brother. I will send Kyungsoo down shortly, so Sehun, I am handling my friends into your care.”

“Noona, Grandmother is in her room too. Probably, the three of you can have a talk or something,” Sehun gave a weak smile, and Joohyun nodded her head.

 

“Joohyun!” the petite boy exclaimed in surprise at the sight of the latter, as he scrambled to his feet. The latter then smiled, as Kyungsoo embraced her tightly,” Thank God you are better now, I am so sorry for whatever had happened to you.”

The girl then chuckled, as she pulled apart,” I want to thank you instead for making an effort to talk some sense into Jongin, and even camping outside his room.”

“But I didn’t manage to get him to come out or anything,” Kyungsoo frowned, and Joohyun smiled,” Don’t worry. I will talk to him. You can head down and join the rest for the visit to the ranch.”

Kyungsoo then frowned even deeper,” Are you sure? I mean I can help to talk to him.”

“It is fine. I think I am able to talk to him an as older sister. Don’t worry, and I will make sure that you will see him downstairs later for dinner,” she reassured the male, before urging him to head down.

A few seconds later, Joohyun faced the shut door of her brother’s, and knocked softly,” Jongin-ah, it is me. Can I come in because I want to talk to you? I haven’t seen you for quite a while, and I think that we need to talk about things? Do you mind opening this door?”

There was no response, and she tried again,” Jongin-ah, I know how you are feeling and I want to be there for you. Don’t shut yourself in, and become the state that I was in. I want to help you, so please open the door.”

No response as before, and she wanted to knock again when she heard a click, and the door opened slightly. Joohyun then smiled, before pushing the door even wider and taking a step into the room. Looking around her brother’s room, everything was the same as the way he left it the other time except for his bed that was sprawled with photos.

She then spotted her brother leaning against his bed, as he held a picture in his hands while expressing a blank look on it. “Jongin,” she whispered, as she sat down beside him while looking at the picture.

It was the picture of their mother, along with the two children with wide smiles on their face as they sat on the horses.

“Isn’t that your favourite house, Monggu?” Joohyun chuckled at the sight of her cute brother in the picture, and Jongin grunted in response.

She then pointed towards the other horse,” And that is mine, Mong.” Jongin just placed the picture down, and picked up another familiar one – their mother along with her two children, dressed in formal clothing.

“Isn’t this the time when we first attend the party?” Joohyun asked, while looking at her brother. He just nodded his head, while rubbing his thumb against the face of their mother.

Joohyun then smiled,” Time sure does pass fast, and I think we need to let it go. Have you visit her grave yet?” “I don’t have the guts to walk up the hill, and talk to her. It is really hard.”

“I talked to her this morning with Luhan beside me, and I introduced him to her. I gave her favourite flowers, and I talked to her. I felt much better after everything, and I realised that when she left us, she sent angels in return to us, like Sehun, our third mother, our new friends, and to you, Kyungsoo.”

Jongin then huddled himself into a ball, while listening to his sister. “She is an amazing lady who sacrifice her life to save somebody else, somebody that she doesn’t even know. I know that is was really a painful start for us. You didn’t know how to talk for a few months, and suddenly, you went into dancing which is a great thing because you turned out fine. Jongin-ah, I know that losing her at a young age is painful, and that we grew up without our mother here with us, but think about it, she is looking after us from above and she blessed us. Don’t you think we shouldn’t be sitting here, sobbing over her death but instead, standing up and walking the life that she gave us?”

“I just miss her noona. I miss mom’s touch, and her smile and her gentle tone and everything. It has been a really long period of time since I last saw her, or even hear her talk to me. I really miss her, and I want to her come back. I want her to attend my high school graduation, and I want her to see my dancing onstage, and I want to call her the first thing if I ever debut or something. I just need her here, and without her, it is so hard for me to breathe and to do things at times,” Jongin said, with his voice cracking as he wiped his tears away.

Joohyun then scooted closer, as she wrapped her arms around her brother tightly,” I am so sorry, that I didn’t know you were suffering too. I am sorry for neglecting you and your pain, but Jongin, let it all out, and let it go. She won’t come back anymore, so we got to be strong and carry on to live. Can you imagine the pain expression on her face if she sees us in such a state? Mom will be even more heartbroken to see her two children crying and not bothering to live their lives. Jongin, I know that you are going through hard times, but I am your older sister for a reason. I don’t want to see you heading that path I took when I didn’t had anybody to talk to. Don’t. Talk to me, and I will help. For now, just cry it all out. It will feel better, and later, let’s go and visit mom again.”

“I-I don’t know what to say to her,” he sobbed in his sister’s arms, as his grasp tightened against the photograph in his hands.

The older girl then smiled, as she carressed her younger brother,” Say that you miss her, and that you love her and that you hope she is proud that you are going to graduate.”

“D-Do you think she can hear me?” he asked softly, in an innocent tone and Joohyun chuckled,” Definitely. She is our mother for a reason.”

 

***

“Nothing changed ever since the last time we came. The grass is still green, and the tomb in still in a clean state,” Jongin commented, as he knelt down while placing another bouquet of flowers beside the previous one.

Joohyun then nodded her head, as she followed suit as she brushed off some fallen leaves on the tomb,” It never changes at all, even though many years have passed.”

“How am I supposed to begin the conversation?” Jongin asked, while turning his head towards his older sister. She then chuckled, while smiling,” Greet her, and talk about stuff. I can move aside if you want some quiet time.”

Jongin then shook his head, while insisting that his sister should stay beside him.

“M-Mom, I finally decided to come and see you. I have been a really bad son, haven’t I? I am sorry, m-mom. I just couldn’t bring myself to really let go, and yeah. I miss you a lot, mom, and I am finally in my last year in high school and I am going to graduate as a senior. I-I wish that you could be there for me during the ceremony but it is impossible,” his voice quavered slightly, as he stared at his mother’s name.

Joohyun nodded her head, while placing her fingers above the picture of her mother. “I want you to know that I am going to be like noona, strong and new and I will do you proud. I am going to graduate as the tops few, and make it to a good University. M-Mom, I am also dancing, and I am doing great with this hobby of mine. I like dancing, and I wish that you can be here to see my showcase along with Sehun’s. We are going to perform again, and I really hope that you will watch me from above. I-I miss you, mom. A lot.”

“It sure does feel much better, doesn’t it?” Joohyun asked, as the both siblings sat down on their while staring at their mother. Jongin nodded his head, while sniffing,” Can you remember mom’s voice?”

The older latter nodded her head,” I don’t think I can ever forget her voice.”

“Same. Do you still remember the time she taught us how to ride the horses and tried to make me play soccer?”

“And you hate soccer so much, that you just ride Monggu for hours and hours to prevent Mom from dragging you away to play volleyball.”

Jongin laughed, while nodding his head as he shuffled his feet about,” This feels better after talking out everything.”

“Yeah, Luhan taught me to talk things out instead of like bottling things up in your heart.”

The younger male then turned to his sister, and asked,” How are things between Luhan hyung-nim and you?”

“Everything is fine. He is treating me well,” Joohyun replied, while looking at her brother. Jongin then nodded his head, while facing towards the view before him. “You know what, noona, I think he is an okay man and you can be with him. I guess it is really an angel.”

The older latter laughed, while staring at her brother,” You owe Kyungsoo an apology and a thanks. He tried to talk to you, but you blew him off.”

“I-I know. I just didn’t want to let people see me being weak, and fragile and everything else. I guess I wanted to look strong and show that I am capable of doing things myself,” Jongin sighed softly, and Joohyun smiled,” Go and talk to him. I promised him that you will be down for dinner later.”

Jongin widened his eyes, as he echoed,” You what?”

“Kyungsoo is a great friend, so you better turn up,” the girl giggled, before laying down on her back.

 

***

“Jongin!” a familiar voice called out, and both siblings turn around just to see Kyungsoo dashing towards the tanned male, before crushing him tightly with an embrace. “Jongin, you finally decided to come out!” he cried out.

The taller male froze for a second, before he awkwardly patted Kyungsoo’s back,” Yeah, I am sorry hyung for worrying you.”

“No, it’s okay. As long as you are fine, I don’t really care.”

Joohyun then cleared ,” Where are the others?”

“Oh, they are outside,” he replied, while taking a step away from Jongin. Joohyun then looked at the petite male, and smiled,” You guys can go ahead and take a shower, while I inform the chefs to get ready for dinner.”

Before the male can reply, a few other voices called out and the trio turned around to see their friends, along with Sehun, walking into the living room. “Sehun!” Jongin exclaimed, as he headed towards his younger brother.

The male cringed slightly, when Jongin sighed,” I am sorry. I didn’t mean to flare at you or anything the other day. I was just not in the right state of my mind, and I went weird. I am sorry, Sehun-ah.”

“It is okay. I was in the wrong too,” Sehun bit his lips, and Jongin held out his hand, signalling towards his brother for their normal handshake. The younger male broke into a grin, as he slapped his hand against Jongin’s palm, and the both of them burst into laughters.

Joohyun then smiled, before saying,” You guys can go ahead and take a bath first, while the dinner is going to be cooked and set up.” The others nodded their heads, and Yoona looked at Joohyun,” Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I am perfectly fine. I am much better now,” she replied, while shooting her friend a reassuring smile. They then headed up the stairs, while Joohyun walked towards the kitchen.

“Joohyun.”

The latter stopped in her tracks, as she turned around and was surprised to see Luhan standing there. “Aren’t you going up to bathe?”

“I am, but I want to spend some time with you,” he grinned sheepishly, while walking towards her. Joohyun laughed, as Luhan intertwined his hand around hers. “So, my Lady, what is tonight’s menu before we head back tomorrow?”

The latter laughed, as they headed into the kitchen,” I don’t know. What do you feel like eating? Chinese, Western or Italian or Korean or Japanese kind.”

“Japanese,” Luhan responded immediately, and Joohyun chuckled. “Japanese shall it be.”

She then let go of their hands, while walking towards the chefs that were busy preparing some food. As she conversed with them, Luhan leaned against the wall while admiring his girlfriend from far. Till that very point, he still couldn’t believe that they were an official couple.

“Luhan!” a familiar voice called out, and Luhan jerked back up while turning around to see Yifan waving Luhan’s phone in the air.

“What’s wrong?”

Yifan handed the phone towards Luhan,” Yixing. H-He called.” Luhan’s eyes widened, as he grabbed the phone and placed it at his ear.

“Where are you?” he blurted out immediately, the minute he heard Yixing’s voice over the phone. Joohyun, from far, was watching Luhan who was walking back and forth around the kitchen.

She then faced the chef and said,” That’s all for tonight’s dinner. And make my Grandmother’s favourite dish too. Thank you.” Joohyun then headed towards the both boys, who were expressing relieved yet frustrated expressions.

“Hey,” Joohyun acknowledged Yifan, who responded the greeting with a brief nod. She then looked at Luhan, and watched as his grip around his phone tightened.

Luhan then messed his hair with his free hand,” What is going on Yixing? What are you not telling me? You can’t hide things from me. Are you even coming back?” Then, Luhan’s eyes widened eve further, and Joohyun knew immediately that it wasn’t a piece of good news.

 

***

The atmosphere during dinner was awkward, and Madame.Seo didn’t know what was going on. She then looked at Joohyun, who just gave a smile. “You know what kids, I am going to head up first to take a rest and you guys may continue your dinner. Please excuse this old lady.”

“Goodnight, and have a good sleep,” they replied, as she nodded while heading towards her room. Then, a second of silence overcame them, and Joohyun glanced at Luhan, who was staring at his cup of tea. “S-So, Yixing is going to come back right?” Chanyeol asked, and the doed-eyed male nodded his head.

Yuri then frowned,” Isn’t that a good thing? Why are you guys wearing such glum faces and stuff?” Yifan bit his lips, hesitating whether he should spill or not, when Luhan stared at his friends.

“His sister has cancer, and is residing in their hometown. Her husband is not going to be the next successor to their family’s business,” Luhan broke the news, as the girls gasped aloud, while the boys widened their eyes in horror.

Sooyeon then stared at Yifan,” Is it true? That his sister is diagnosed with cancer?”

“It is true. In fact, it is in the third stage and they only realised it a month ago which was why Yixing was asked to be home for the documents and the business and everything else,” Yifan sighed, while placing his hand under his chin.

Sehun then frowned,” Then what is going to happen?”

“Yixing is going to be next successor of their family’s business. Next month, the announcement of the successor will be revealed worldwide, and we have to turn up for the party,” Yifan replied, as he glanced at Luhan slightly.

Jongin then asked,” Isn’t that good? Like, Yixing managed to be the successor now and everything?”

“He can no longer chase his dreams. He is tied down as the position of the heir, the Head of everything and has at least a hundred over companies depending on him. How is that good?” Luhan asked, while looking down.

Joohyun then reached out and held his hand, as she gave him a gentle squeeze. “But he will be residing in Seoul, right?”

“Yeah, that’s what he said. He is coming back soon, so everything will be back to normal,”  Yifan nodded his head, while sipping his cup of tea.

 

Luhan was standing at the balcony of the guest room, while he stared out into the sky. “Hey, can I talk to you?” a familiar voice spoke, and he turned around to see Joohyun standing at the entrance of the balcony.

“Yeah, come on in,” he gestured, while smiling at her. The two of them stood side by side, staring at the night sky, when Luhan spoke,” I am sorry. I wasn’t really in a good mood just now. Like when I heard Yixing is going to be the next successor, I realised that the same thing can happen to me too.”

Joohyun turned to face her boyfriend, as she listened to him. “What do you mean?” Luhan then turned around, to face her directly,” I told you before, my parents were workaholics and grew up without them being with me directly. And then, I grew up and I became this young man and going to graduate from University soon. Most of the time, this is the period where young people like us take over the business, and follow our parents’ footsteps. I want to be a doctor, but my parents’ business are more in stocks, and shares and I don’t study that. But then, if Yixing’s fate can get turned around, so can mine. If my parents don’t trust my cousins, and everybody else, I have to take over and I can’t follow my dreams. I realised that our fate is bounded, it is tied and that no matter what we do, we could never do what we want because it is already planned out for us. Isn’t it horrible?”

“Which is why I prefer to live as a commoner at times, reminding myself that I am not a rich child or anything else, but a plain girl living normally,” Joohyun chuckled bitterly, while moving closer to Luhan. “But think about it, our parents’ lives were also planned out, taking over the business and giving birth to children just to continue that heirloom of business. Soon, my two younger brothers will also be giving up their dreams to take over my dad’s company and as their sister, I don’t know what to say. Even to you, I want you to chase your dreams rather than being cooped up, and unable to shine.”

Luhan laughed, as he pulled Joohyun closer to him, while resting his forehead on hers,” I am already shining with you around me. It is like a dream come true. Don’t worry, I will definitely fight and be always next to you, I promise that.” She just smile, before pressing her lips against his.

 

***

Joohyun knocked against her Grandmother’s room door, and entered it. “Grandmother,” she said the minute she spotted her grandmother sitting against her desk, while staring at a photo frame.

“Oh, Joohyun. I am so sorry,” she blurted out immediately, while standing up to her feet as Joohyun approached her. Her granddaughter then shook her head, while clasping her hands over Madame.Seo,” No, it isn’t your fault. Things took a turn, and I got awkward and weird. But it isn’t your fault, Grandmother. In fact, you are also pained over her death. How can we ever blame you? We are suffering this together.”

Madame.Seo just sighed, as she led her granddaughter to sit down,” I know, but I feel bad that I brought her up when the mood was good and I made you fall back into hell. I am a terrible grandmother, I am so sorry, Joohyun.”

“It isn’t your fault, I swear. We are much better now, and I managed to talk through Jongin, so we are okay. Please don’t blame yourself again.”

Madame.Seo nodded her head, while looking out of the window,” One thing that your mother didn’t say wrong was that you are a capable young lady, and she was right. Joohyun, you are a splitting image of your mother, and thank you. Thank you to you, Jongin and Sehun for being able to come and visit me as the image of your mom.”

“Grandmother.”

“I don’t know but I hope that I can see you in your wedding gown, before I passed on,” she gave a smile, while embracing Joohyun. “Luhan is a good man, and I can tell. I want my granddaughter to be happy, so treasure every second that you have, my dear.”

Joohyun just hugged her Grandmother tightly, while making a hum as a reply. “Grandmother, I love you and thank you,” she whispered softly, while tightening her grasp.

 

The next morning, the huge group of them was standing at the entrance with huge luggage. Madame.Seo then sighed,” The time pass so fast. Please do drop by and visit this old lady again. And my dear children, take good care of yourselves, okay?”

“I will miss you,” Joohyun mumbled, while embracing her grandmother another time. Madame.Seo then patted her back, and chuckled,” I will too. Come here, you two.” She then hugged her two other grandsons, before bidding the rest a goodbye.

Yifan and Sooyeon, who were holding hands said,” We got to go too. Our plane is in four hours, and we need to start heading to the airport.”

“Have a safe flight there,” Chanyeol wished them, and so did the others as they watched the couple boarded a black car, as it disappeared down the driveway.

Yoona then looked at the others,” Let’s head to Seoul then, and get ready for school.” The huge group of them then sighed restlessly, as they boarded the cars which will bring them back to Seoul. 


[ A/N ] so i am back with another chapter! wooho. i am so glad that there are many chapters nonw, but the story isn't  going to end anytime now :P and i just want to do a big thankyou to those who had subscribed to this story, and even supported it! i really hope that you guys can show more of your support by subscribing and even place some comments blelow! ily guys ttm, so thank you so much :) please do carry on to sho your support :D

 

_insanegirl_