023

Crazy In Love

Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=ulyN3akxlp4#Wildest_Dreams_(_Official_Audio_)_-_Taylor_Swift


In the previous chapter ...

Joohyun starred at him for a second, and thought,’ I am done with running away. I am done with denying the feelings. I am facing it, and the truth was that I like Luhan ever since a long time, but it was also during the period of Baekhyun that I had confusions. I faced the truth, and I never liked Baekhyun as much as Luhan. I-I like Luhan.’

“Yes. Yes, I will be your girlfriend, and thank you. I am just so sorry,” she nodded her head, while breaking into a wide smile. Luhan then laughed along, as he glanced down with his red ears, while Joohyun’s cheeks flushed pink. The couple just confessed their true inner thoughts, and slowly, they were beginning to understand one another slightly better.

To have the person you like to have the same mutual feelings is a dream come true, and even though, at times it takes a really long time for the other party to recognise it, they finally did in the end. Even though Joohyun took a period of long time trying to sort her feelings out, trying to maintain the image of the proper student she should be, she faced it by telling herself that if Luhan can wait for her for that long, how long was she going to run away?

“I am glad that I like you. E-Everything is worth it,” Luhan laughed, as he stared at the girl before him, the girl of his dreams. Even though he wasn’t her first crush, at least he will be the last one.

Joohyun smiled, as she looked at him,” I like you, Luhan. A lot.” 

 

Jongin widened his eyes, as he coughed on his food. Sehun then patted his back, as he handed the male a glass of water. “Jeez, they are just dating. Why do you need such a huge reaction? Honestly.”

“Because she is dating someone. I mean, our noona never dates anyone,” Jongin protested, while glaring at the younger male with his sharp eyes. He then shook his head, while looking at Joohyun,” How can you date Luhan?”

“Hyung-nim,” Sehun added, before hitting Jongin on the head. “Be respectful. Hyung-nim does treats noona well, so what’s wrong with them dating?”

Jongin then huffed, while crossing his hands,” So what if he does? That’s for now, and I am pretty sure that he will end up hurting noona.”

“Stop being such a jerk, and having negative thoughts. That is so mean of you,” Sehun chided, while facing his older sister, who was watching her two brothers with silence. Sehun then smiled,” Don’t worry noona, I will make sure that hyung will never say such a thing again. Ignore that too. Luhan hyung-nim loves you truly, so there is nothing to worry.”

Jongin then scoffed, as he looked at Joohyun,” I rather you not date him!”

“Why are you so against Luhan?” she asked, while leaning forward to look at her brother. She has been trying to hold in her laughter for the past few minutes, for seeing her brother reacting in such a cute manner was worth it.

The tanned male then hissed,” Because he is a guy, and I don’t trust him.”

“But you are a guy too.”

“But I won’t hurt you, noona!”

“Neither will Luhan.”

Jongin messed his hair up, before scowling,” Forget it. Just warn him if he ever hurts you, he is so dead. But I am happy for you, noona.  I am just afraid that he is going to be another jerk, and you know.”

“I know. But there is nothing to worry because he won’t. Oh, we are heading to Grandmother’s house tomorrow morning. You guys better pack up for the short trip.”

“Are your friends joining us too?” Sehun asked, while standing up to clear the plates. Jongin then asked softly, and shyly,” Like the guys.”

Joohyun laughed, as she nodded her head,” They are. Kyungsoo, I heard he is coming along.”

“Oh. I need to go and pack my stuff then,” Jongin shot up, as he headed off towards the stairs. Joohyun laughed at the sight of her younger brother, before standing up to help Sehun clear the plates. “I am happy for you, noona.”

The older latter smiled, as she placed the plates in the sink. Sehun then added,” I am sorry if I said some mean things just now, and you know.”

“I owe you that instead. If you didn’t tell me about it, I am pretty sure that I wouldn’t have the guts to tell Luhan my feelings and stuff,” Joohyun waved her hand in the air, insisting that Sehun shouldn’t apologise. The fair-skinned male then chuckled, before looking at his sister,” So, how was the kiss?”

Joohyun’s cheeks flushed red, as she whimpered,” Sehun!”

 

***

Joohyun collapsed onto her bed, as she stared up against the ceiling. Her heart was still thumping wildly, and her cheeks were still red. She then buried her face into her pillow to hide her grin, when her phone rang out. Peering from her pillow behind, she eyed the phone for a second before reaching out to grab it.

“Yoona!” Joohyun exclaimed in surprise, while settling down on her bed properly. She then listened over the phone to her friend’s giggles and laughters and frowned slightly,” Why are you laughing so hysterically? I-Is there something wrong?”

Yoona then chuckled over the phone,” Nothing is wrong. I am just really happy for both Luhan and you. The both of you are like finally together, and I was wondering how long was Luhan going to wait. But, jeez, everything went really fast.”

Joohyun’s cheeks flushed red once again at the hearing of Luhan, and Yoona added on,” Clearly, everyone knows that the both of you are going out now. I guess Jongin’s mouth isn’t that easy to close.” Joohyun froze for a second, as she echoed.

“J-Jongin? You mean my brother was the one who told you all this?”

“No. Of course not. He told Kyungsoo, who then told us and kind of like your brother told us indirectly,” Yoona replied, and Joohyun shut in surprise. Yoona then chimed,” Anyway, I will see you tomorrow at your front door. We will be heading over to your grandmother’s house, right?”

Joohyun then cleared , before replying,” Yes. We are.”

“Awesome. Then, see you tomorrow, Joohyun!” With that, Yoona hang up on the phone and Joohyun stared at the Led screen, still shocked that her younger brother, who was so against the dating-scene was the one that revealed the news.

Then, her room’s door burst open and Jongin came running in with an apologetic face,” I am so sorry, noona! I kind of slipped out the word, and told Kyu-“ His voice died down slowly, and he stared at the phone in his sister’s hand and cringed.

“That’s o-okay. I am just surprised that the news spread in like a second,” she replied, while staring at her phone and then at her brother. Jongin then sighed softly, as he sat down at the edge of his sister’s bed,” I am sorry. I just got so excited while talking to Kyungsoo, and it slipped out.”

Joohyun laughed, while smiling at her brother,” I know, which is why, I don’t blame you at all. I guess, the news will be out either earlier or later. Get to bed early, we have a long trip tomorrow\w.”

“Oh right. I need to pack my bag. Oh god, goodnight noona!”

Joohyun then called out to the latter,” Jongin! Are you developing a good friendship with Kyungsoo?” She watched amusement as her brother’s ears turned red, as hetried to divert the attention. “Yeah, I mean he is great brother-figure to me, and I don’t mind being his friend.”

“Really? That’s good, because I heard that Kyungsoo got a girlfriend.”

“What? Which school does she goes and how old is she?" 

"I think she is in your school, and same age as you. I heard from Jongdae that Kyungsoo is really into her." 

"What?" 

 

***

“Wow. I can’t believe that your grandmother stays in such a grand place,” Chanyeol gaped at the sight of the three-story high mansion, as the huge group of them stood in front of the house. Sehun then laughed,” Neither did I believe it at first, but you need to because she really stays in this huge house.”

Jongdae then asked,” Is there a pool inside or something?”

“This house has everything. Don’t worry, there are sufficient guest rooms for you guys. Let’s head in and find my grandmother,” Jongin grinned widely, as he grabbed his luggage while pressing the button on the front gate. The metal gate then swung open along with the creaking sounds of the old metal.

Joohyun then let out a sigh of relief, while stepping back into the familiar grounds that she once grew up in. Then, an hand slid into her palm, and tightened it gently. “Do I get to have one-to-one private tour for this house?”

“Luhan,” she whispered, as her eyes danced at the sight of her boyfriend. The image of Luhan being her boyfriend still seemed vague and distant to her, and unusual but she is getting used to it, getting used to the fact that Luhan and her are officially together.

The doed-eyed male grinned, while reaching out to grab her bag,” Just kidding. Here, let me help you.” With one hand holding Joohyun’s hand, and the other holding onto two baggage, he then smiled,” Let’s go.”

 

“Joohyun! Jongin! Sehun!” the cry of an old and shaky voice echoed through the long hallway, and the many heads turned around to see an old lady walking towards them, with great elegance along with self-confidence.

Joohyun then broke free from Luhan’s grasp, as she rushed forward with a smile while throwing her arms around her grandmother,” Grandmother. I miss you so much, and thank God that you are still so healthy and radiant.”

“Grandmother” Jongin and Sehun exclaimed with joy, as they appeared behind Joohyun’s back, while grinning. The old lady, Madame.Seo, then laughed at the sight of her three beloved grandchildren and smiled,” Welcome home, my darlings. And, who are these lovely children?”

The huge group of them bowed, as they greeted her politely. Madame.Seo then clicked her hands, and a few maids and butlers appeared from the sides as they gestured for the baggage. “Take them up to the second level guests rooms, and ask the chef to make some high tea and snacks.”

“Grandmother, I miss you,” Sehun whined, as he back hugged his grandmother, and she laughed while petting his head. “I know, I know which is why, let’s all head into the dining room to do some catching up and some introduction time.”

Joohyun then laughed, as she slipped back into position beside Luhan as she spotted his scrunched up eyebrows, as he glanced around the house. “Don’t be nervous, I will give you a tour here later.”

“T-Thanks. I am not nervous, this is my first time seeing your grandmother and she seems really nice and I honestly don’t want to make a fool out of myself,” he whispered, while sighing. Joohyun then chuckled, and slipped her hand around hers,” My grandmother isn’t that kind of lady to judge people, she hardly cares. Just go easy, and introduce yourself like how you usually do. It is that simple.”

Luhan then threw her a look, as they followed the big group into the dining room.

 

“This is my first time meeting such a big group of Joohyun’s friends, and it is really surprising that she has so many friends compared to the last time when she didn’t even bring one,” Madame.Seo commented, as she sat at the head of the table, while throwing glances at the faces around the table.

The others threw puzzled looks, and so did Luhan as he glanced at Joohyun, who was sitting beside him. “I didn’t bring anybody to my grandmother’s house for I hate being a host,” she made a face, while drinking a sip of her English tea. Sehun then nodded his head,” We always come just as the 3 of us, and never brought anybody along. It was plain boring, spending a week in this huge house with nothing to do.”

“Couldn’t you kids just spend some time with your old grandmother? Is that so difficult?” Madame.Seo questioned, while glaring at her youngest grandchild, as Jongin stifled his giggles. Madame.Seo then broke into a laughter, while shaking her hand,” I am not that stern. Just joking, kids. So, let’s start the introductions. I will be pleased to know you all even more!”

She then looked at the latter sitting beside Joohyun, and caught sight of their secretly-intertwined hands, and she shot a teasing smile towards Joohyun, whose face began to light up. Luhan then awkwardly glanced around, as he cleared his throat,” I am Luhan, and I am majoring in the same course as Joohyun and I am the captain of the soccer team.”

“Hmm, smart and athletic. He will make a god husband,” Madame.Seo nodded her head in approval, as she bit into her snack. Jongin, who was drinking his tea, choked as he coughed while glancing at his grandmother,” No way! Noona is not going to get married in such a young age!”

Luhan and Joohyun’s face turned beetroot red, as their friends tried to maintain their straight faces, while chuckling softly. Madame.Seo then smiled gently,” Not now, but soon. Joohyun is going to become the Director of the hospital in a few years’ time and it will be great time for her to get married.”

“There’s still a long way to go,” Sehun pointed out, and Jongin nodded his head in agreement. Madame.Seo then raised an eyebrow, while ignoring her two grandsons while smiling at her granddaughter,” Do you want to introduce him to me, Joohyun?”

The latter’s eyes widened in surprise, and so did Luhan. Their friends did small hooting, and cheers as Joohyun’s face turned even redder. Jongin then glared at Luhan with protective eyes, and Sehun just laughed in amusement. “Grandmother, uhm, meet Luhan, my boyfriend,” she introduced, in an awkward manner.

“Finally. This is the first time in my entire life hearing my granddaughter getting a boyfriend. And, Luhan indeed does make a good man for you,” Madame.Seo smiled widely, while clapping her hands in glee.

Jongdae, sitting a few seats away then asked,” Does Joohyun have any boyfriend before or something along that line?”

“Not that I know of. From my recent and late memories, Joohyun always spent her time playing volleyball in the backyard, and also, she never speaks of any boy except for her two younger brothers. She doesn’t even shows any interest in any guys,” Madame.Seo shook her head, and her friends threw her surprised looks, even Luhan.

Joohyun then nodded her head,” Volleyball was my boyfriend. Oh, Grandmother, meet my volleyball’s team captain, Yuri.” The tanned latter then raised her hand, and Madame.Seo smiled. “So you are the captain. My, my, such tanned body with that muscular arms and legs. You do work out a lot.”

“I do, I spent most of time in the gym,” Yuri laughed, and Madame.Seo then pointed out,” Oh. I have a gym in this house. If you are interested, you can head up to third level where most of the facilities are at.”

Their jaws dropped in surprise, and Sehun laughed,” Surprise.”

“I-I had no idea that your house was this huge,” Luhan whispered towards Joohyun, and she shook her head while correcting him,” Grandmother’s house, not mine.”

The male then chuckled,” It is still the same. Under the same family tree, so it is considered to be yours.” Before Joohyun can reply him, or even protest again his statement, Madame.Seo then spoke again.

“I am so glad that Joohyun has a wonderful group of friends, and she even found herself a boyfriend. It is honestly a great thing, and I am so happy to see my granddaughter smile again. I barely saw that smile for a few years, and I was worried that she still couldn’t get over her mother’s death,” Madame.Seo said, while smiling proudly at Joohyun.

Joohyun froze in her seat after hearing the last few words, and both the younger brothers tensed up as their eyes widened slightly. Sehun then coughed awkwardkly,” Grandmother.”

“Hmm?” she looked at him, oblivious to the face of the others’ reaction and Joohyun’s tense up movement. “No talking about mother anymore, Grandmother,” Jongin said, his voice cold and hard as he stood up. He then faced his older sister, who was staringa t her cup of tea with a really strained expression.

Madame.Seo then widened slightly,” I-I am so sorry. Please pretend that I was spouting nonsense.” She then looked at Joohyun, who was staring at the cup of tea before her.

“Joohyun, are you okay?” Luhan asked, as he stared at his girlfriend’s tense up face. She then shook her head, while releasing her grip from their intertwined hands. Sehun then said across the table,” Noona, do you want to head up to your room?”

Joohyun sat there with an emotionless face, while her friends around her began to be confused, as Yoona rushed towards her,” Hey, are you okay?”

“J-Joohyun, I am so sorry. It slipped from my mouth and I-“ Madame.Seo, as she clasped her hands together. Joohyun’s blank look on her face said everything, as she kept her focus on the cup of tea before her.

She then stood up, while averting eye contact from eveyr body,” I-I am sorry. I am going to my room for now.” She then turned around, and stumbled up the flight of stairs to the second level, where she shut her room door behind her.

Luhan took a step to chase after her, when Jongin held him back,” She needs time alone, and you need to understand what is going on before you interfere.”

“Will she be okay?”

“She is strong, and I don’t believe that she will panic this easily, so take a seat, hyung,” Sehun reassured him, while gesturing him back towards his seat. Yoona then shook her head, as she pointed towards the empty flight of stairs,” Did you even see the look on her face? It was as if she lost her whole mind there and then. She blanked out!”

Jongin then nodded his head, as he assisted Madame.Seo to sit down, while replying,” I know, and we know. But, you guys need to know what happened first before even bothering to console her. Noona has been fighting this for a long time, and this is just one simple and normal reaction we had seen. The more chaotic, and heart breaking scene hasn’t appear before you, so this is nothing yet.”

“Hear us out, and you will understand the background story,” Sehun added on, while looking at the faces of the older people, who were hesitating. Yifan then nodded his head,” Guys, let’s sit down and listen. As Joohyun’s friends, we need to know more about her.”

 

***

Mother’s death.

Mother’s death.

Mother’s death.

The two words echoed repeatedly in Joohyun’s head, as she placed her hands around her head while burying her head between her knees. Her breath was increasing rapidly, and Joohyun can feel her chest tightening. She then rocked herself back and forth, while trying to take deep breaths.

‘C-Calm down, Joohyun. We have been through this before, take it calm and easy,’

Joohyun tried to calm herself down, but nothing seemed to take place as the words began to float around her, taunting her endlessly with teasing voices and ghostly whispers. Joohyun then clutched her hair, while shaking her head as she tried to block out the endless callings.

Then, the vivid images along with the accident’s sound effects began to replay once again, and tears were already rolling down her cheeks.

 

4-year-old Joohyun was standing across the streets of Seoul, as her eyes were fixated on a young and elegant lady, who was opposite her, purchasing an ice cream cone for her daughter. Joohyun’s eyes sparkled at the sight of the ice cream cone in the lady’s hands, and she clapped her hands in delight,” Mommy!”

“Stay right there,” the lady, Joohyun’s mother, Mrs.Seo warned as she pointed towards Joohyun. The young girl then nodded her head, as she took a few steps back from the main road. She then cheered as she watched her mother smiled at her gently.

Just then, the bodyguard beside Joohyun shouted in horror,” Lady.Seo!” Joohyun’s head turned upwards to the young man beside her, who took a step forward, and she immediately turned her head to look at her mother, who was leaping outwards to the main road.

“No!” the bodyguard screamed again, as he headed towards the same direction but everything was too late. It all happened in a flash, and Joohyun witnessed everything. She watched in a flash, as her mother shoved another young girl away, just as an oncoming car was approaching.

Before Mrs.Seo can even react, and avoided it, the loud screeching’s of the car’s tyres came too late and it was followed by a sickening thud, and the soft splat. Joohyun’s eyes blinked, and she froze there in the same spot. the bodyguard then scrambled towards the lifeless body, covered with blood on the black road, while screaming towards the passer-bys to call for an ambulance.

“M-Mommy,” Joohyun whispered, as she took a step forward. She stared at the familiar figure on the road, lying in a crooked position, and lifless. She then cried out,” Mommy!”

She then rushed forward with her small and quick steps, as she knelt down beside the bleeding lady. Joohyun reached out and touched Mrs.Seo’s bruised face, while mumbling,” Mommy! Mommy! W-Wake up, J-Joohyun is still here. Wake up!”

No matter how many times Joohyun screamed for her mother to wake up, or regain conscious, Mrs.Seo showed no sign of response as she laid there. Tears began to roll down the young girl’s cheek, as she threw herself onto her mother, while pleading her to wake up.

“Miss.Joohyun, please let go of your mother. The ambulance is here,” the bodyguard tried to pry the young girl away from Mrs.Seo, but it was futile as the young girl clung on tightly to her mother.

“No, mommy! You need to wake up, please wake up,” she sobbed, her voice hoarse while she shook her mother roughly. A trauma considered to be for such a young age, Joohyun wasn’t prepared for such an unlucky accident.

A few minutes later, with the help of a paramedic, Joohyun was finally pried apart from her mother as she struggled within their graps, while screaming for her mother. She then sobbed as her blurry vision fixated on the young girl, who was being attended to, and she cried even harder.

Joohyun can still make out the girl’s features despite her teary vision, and she heard the girl’s name. Kim Taeyeon.

 

Joohyun let out a scream, and the next thing she knew was that there were loud poundings on her door, followed by loud voices. She then cried ever harder, while curling into a ball, as she croaked,” M-Mommy.” 

 


[ A/N ] i can't believe myself that i managed to write finsh this chapter in like 2 days despite my schoolwork! i am feeling really accomplished, and i am really sorry if my writing style is getting a little bit out of place but be rest assured. i am finally back in the mood of writing, after starting to develop my usual hobby or habit to start reading books again. like, i am never going to say no to storybooks because they make me have the ability to develop my writing style even more! so, please do stay with me and the story even though the style is pretty awkward but i can promise you that i am back, and i will produce better stories! thank you for you guys' support, and it really do mean a lot to me! i am really grateful, so thank you! 

_insanegirl_