035

Crazy In Love

Demi Lovato - Confident
http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=cwLRQn61oUY#Demi_Lovato_-_Confident_(Official_Video)


In the previous chapter...

 

“Yoona,” Yixing whispered softly, as he reached out to grab the latter’s shoulder. Yoona glared at her friend, “I have no idea what is going through your mind but all of everyone here, you should know the best that Joohyun did nothing wrong at all. And Luhan, if you really think that he had abandoned us, just walk out of this house and don’t ever return.”

Kyungsoo then cleared his throat, “Guys, let’s just talk things through, okay? It is meant to be a peaceful n-“

“Stop siding Joohyun, Kyungsoo! Everybody here knows that you have a crush on her brother, so stop. Just stop, all of you! C-Can’t you see that everything that is happening now is because of h-“

“I am sorry, Yuri!” Joohyun cut her off, as she looked at the tanned latter with teary eyes. “I didn’t mean for it to happen but stop yelling at them. It isn’t even their fault. It is mine, so push the blame on to m-“

Yuri then hissed, “Stop playing the innocent one here. In fact, I never understood why you are so welcomed here. You took every single person away from me. Luhan. Yoona. Yiixng. Everyone here, you just took them away from me. Even Baekhyun!”

 

Everybody looked at Yuri with confusion except for Yoona. “It was only a one-sided lover affair here, Yuri! You know that she has no part to this!” Yoona exclaimed.

“No, wait! What are you talking about?” Joohyun shook her head, as she looked at Yuri, demanding for answers from the latter.

Yuri then stared at Joohyun coldly, “You took Baekhyun away from me. You took him, who was precious to me, away. I hate you for that! And now, you took away Luhan, and Yoona! How many more things are you going to take away from me?”

“Kwon Yuri!”

“Am I wrong, Yoona? You know how I feel, but you said nothing! You know the pain that I went through and how could you stand beside her?” Yuri questioned, and Yoona shut her eyes for a second, before sayiing, “Yuri, it was only a one night thing. You know that Joohyun had nothing to do with that and it was a mistake that both Baekyun and you committed. She had done nothing wrong!”

“She did! She kept him beside her all this while and I had no chance of asking him! She took him away. It wasn’t a mistake, Yoona. We both wanted it!” Yuri screamed, as tears began to roll down her cheeks.

Yoona clenched her fists and exclaimed, “Move on, Yuri! Joohyun doesn’t know about your relationship with Baekhyun and none of them do! Furthermore, you took the chance by yourself and you didn’t even know Joohyun at that point of time so stop shoving the blame onto her shoulders! Stop being so selfish and stop saying that Joohyun took everything away from you! Baekhyun isn’t even hers, and neither is Luhan or I! We chose the friends that we want to have and we chose the loved ones that we want to spend our lives with! I chose you because you are my best friend you should understand and know that nobody else can ever replace you, not even Luhan or Joohyun!”

“You know nothing about me, Yoona! You couldn’t even place your trust in me. Out of everybody here, you picked Sooyeon and Joohyun to depend on and not me! Why?” Yuri asked.

Yixing then yelled, “That is enough, Yuri! I think you should head home and rest. You are too emotional for now.”

“How is this even my fault? It is all Joohyun’s fault. She took every single on-“

“Baekhyun wasn’t even yours to begin with. He didn’t know you exist till that night. Look who he belongs to right now? Kim Taeyeon! And it isn’t even Joohyun, how is this even her fault? Stop blaming everything on Joohyun and just wake up, Yuri!” Yoona cut her off.

Yuri then stared at her friend for a second, before rushing out of the house and slamming the door behind her.

“T-That was epic,” Chanyeol broke the silence after a few seconds, earning a whack on the head from Yifan. Joohyun then mumbled, “I think I should go. I sh-“

Sooyeon then stated firmly while holding her hand, “It isn’t your fault, Joohyun. Don’t listen and take it to heart. Yuri is just being weird.”

“No, wait. What does Baekhyun had to do with it? Why is Joohyun getting all the blame from Yuri?” Kyungsoo questioned, while looking at Yoona.

Joohyun then lifted her head and looked at the doed-eyed latter, “How did I take Baekhyun from her? What is their relationship?”

“It was a one night stand relationship. Both of them were drunk, and Yuri began to develop a crush on Baekhyun. They were fifteen at that point of time,” Yoona said, while looking at the ground before letting out a sigh. “It was a mistake. Baekhyun never wanted it to happen, and he apologised. Yuri was the one who remained attached in fact.”

Yoona then walked towards Joohyun, and held her by the shoulders, “It isn’t your fault, Joohyun. She blamed you because you shared a friendship with Baekhyun, who didn’t acknowledge her ever since then. It isn’t your fault. You knew nothing about this, so don’t take it to heart.”

“But, Yuri has a boyfriend.”

“They broke up. A long time ago. He was only a replacement to get over him but it was pointless. She began to change when Baekhyun dated Taeyeon. She is just being childish,” Yoona sighed, while standing up. “In all, Joohyun has nothing to do with this and Yuri is just in a state of being very emotional. I apologise to you on behalf of Yuri, Joohyun. Please don’t take it to heart.”

Joohyun then shook her head, “I don’t blame Yuri or you. I can understand and I am sorry for everything that has happened tonight. I think I should take my leave instead.”

“Before you do, let me say before you go,” Yixing said while looking at them. “I am leaving for Beijing tomorrow morning and I won’t be staying here anymore.”

“What?” Jongdae and Chanyeol asked in unison, and Yixing sighed while tucking his hands into his front pockets. “My sister’s condition has worsened and I need to head back since they want me to take over the company immediately before anything could happen.”

Yifan just sighed, “This is insane. Just one night, we have two people leaving.”

“I am sorry, guy but I need to. Don’t worry, I have officially graduated from University so you guys don’t have to worry about me. I will still drop by occasionally but hey, all of us right here and right now, will still meet in the future. Don’t be upset, okay? Furthermore, Yoona is coming back. Just seven to eight months later,” Yixing reassured his friends, while looking at them.

Chanyeol mumbled, “If we even managed to make it in life.”

There was just silence.

 

***

Luhan threw the cup against the wall, scaring the maid, who was standing by the door as the cup smashed into bits of pieces just as a butler came running into the room. “Young Master! Are you alright?”

“No. Get out of this room now. Every single one of you guys!” Luhan snarled in frustration, as he slammed his fist against his table. There is no way I am going to accept this and just head over to Shanghai as and when they want just to take over that ing heir seat. This is bull!

Luhan then picked up his phone and dialled back a number. A number that he hardly dials and a number that he wants no relations with. The minute the call went through, he demanded, “Put me on the line to them. Now.”

“What is the meaning of this?” Luhan shouted while clenching his fists tightly. “Since when did I ever agree to take over the business? The business of you guys that I want no relation with! Stop telling me to grow up and be responsible. Stop telling me that I have to do whatever you guys want me to. You sent me to Korea and abandoned me alone, so don’t expect me to come back crawling whenever you guys need m”

Luhan paused for a second, as his fist began to relax and loosen up. “W-What?” Shutting his eyes for a second, he asked in a hoarse voice, “When did that happened?”

A few seconds later, he spoke, “Book me a flight to Shanghai immediately tomorrow morning. As early as you could. The taking over of the business can wait for now, but I will come home, mom.”

 

To: Joohyun

Joohyun-ah, I am sorry for leaving a short notice but I have some stuff to do back in Shanghai. I took the first flight back home and I am guessing that when you are reading this, I am already on the way there. I am sorry but I will explain to you when I reached there. I will call you, definitely. I am really sorry but I promise that I will make it up to you. – Luhan

Joohyun stared at the text message as she took in whatever Luhan has just sent to her. W-What happened? Please call me when you have reached, Luhan-ah.

“Morning noona,” Sehun greeted his older sister, who was walking down the stairs with her bag in her hands. “One more month before your final exams begin! Here is your breakfast,” Sehun grinned, as he placed a plate of toast and bacon on the table.

Joohyun shot her brother a smile, “Thank you, Sehun. Where is Jongin?”

“He is still getting ready.”

“How are the both of you guys’ preparation coming along?” she asked, while settling down. Sehun sat down opposite her, and nodded his head, “It is fine. I think that we can make it so you don’t have to worry about us, noona.”

Joohyun then smiled, “That’s good. Jongin, breakfast is ready!” So, who am I supposed to worry about now?

 

“I am guessing that you have heard the news,” Yifan spoke as Joohyun turned around just to come face-to-face with the tall latter. She nodded her head, and Yifan sighed, “Don’t overthink too much, okay? I am pretty sure that he left for an important reason. Just wait for his call.”

Joohyun then asked, “Yifan, do you have any idea?”

“No. I called Yixing, and I got nothing out of him since he said he knew nothing about it. Don’t worry so much. Luhan will be fine.”

“Yeah, okay.”

“See you around then,” Yifan said as he turned around and headed off towards his class. Joohyun then sighed softly, turning to walk to her own class when Baekhyun came into her sight. “B-Baekhyun?”

The male then gave a small smile, “Hey. Do you have some time to spare?”

“Yeah, but I have classes to go to for now. Is there something wrong?” Joohyun asked when she caught sight of Taeyeon, around the corner as she stared at the both of them. Joohyun then chuckled, “I think your girlfriend is staring at us and it is really suffocating.”

Baekhyun then shrugged his shoulders, “Forget about her. We aren’t in the right state anyway. I just want to talk to you. Are you free during break time?”

“Yeah, I will just meet you at the garden then. See you later,” Joohyun nodded her head, as she walked off towards the classroom. Sighing softly to herself, she glanced at her watch. It has been five hours, and there has been no messages or calls from him. Is he alright?

 

“Hey! You are early!” Joohyun said when she caught sight of Baekhyun, who was sitting down on a bench, studying his notes. He looked up from his book and grinned. “Hey, you are early too.”

She chuckled while taking a seat beside him, “So, what do you want to talk about?”

“I want to talk about us. I don’t want to avoid it anymore so, can we?”

“Sure. I think I don’t want to avoid it too.”

“Cool. So first thing, I am sorry. Really sorry because I never meant to be an to you and I am a jerk for ignoring your feelings and only caring about mine. I am sorry that I couldn’t accept your feelings either, but I really do see you as my best friend who I can lean on and confide in when I need help. I am sorry for hitting you by accidental back then and I didn’t mean it too. i am just sorry for being a real douchebag,” Baekhyun blurted out, while glancing at Joohyun at times.

Joohyun then laughed, “It’s alright. I mean, we weren’t really at good terms either for the past whole year and I am sorry for being so rude to Taeyeon-ssi and you. I didn’t meant anything that I say but I mean about the part about moving on and stuff so yeah. But whatever harsh things I said about you two, I take it all back. In fact, I do miss our times but I think we should just let it go as it is. Maybe, friends will work.”

“Yeah, I think so too. I don’t think it is possible for us to actually just return to that point of time immediately. So, where is your boyfriend of yous?” Baekhyun smiled, relieved that things with Joohyun went well.

She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly, “He is in Shanghai for now because he has some things to do so yeah. How about Taeyeon-ssi and you? Are things okay?”

“Just some small arguments. I am glad to see that you are doing fine,” Baekhyun smiled. Joohyun then nodded her head, when she remembered something. “Baekhyun-ah, can I ask you something?”

He then raised an eyebrow, and she asked, “Do you remember what happened between Yuri and you?”

“Kwon Yuri?”

Joohyun nodded her head and Baekhyun sighed, before nodding his head. “I guess you know what happened then. It was really a mistake. We were both drunk. Party. Rooms. Bed. It happened and I felt bad because she was used by me and it was a one-night stand. I knew she will be hurt but I just couldn’t do more than that but I had to ignore her.”

“What happens if she was actually pregnant?”

There was a moment of silence, and Joohyun carried on, “I don’t mean that she is pregnant but there will always be a risk. What happens if she is? Will you still abandon that fact and just walk away or will you actually stay and bear the responsibility?”

“I don’t know, Joohyun. I never thought that far. I just thought not having any forms of interaction will just help.”

“You thought wrong then. She likes you, Baekhyun till now and I don’t think she thought it was a mistake. It may have been the best thing in her life but you just walked away. Maybe, it is time for you to man up and talk to her. Stop avoiding her. You need to face the fact.”

Baekhyun then nodded his head, and looked at Joohyun with surprise, “Aren’t you like disappointed and start yelling at me or something?”

“I am but I have no right to. She has the rights. Just fix things, okay? You have a girlfriend, and just treasure her. Don’t drink too much next time and I think, you should tell Taeyeon-ssi too.”

“You know, I don’t think she really likes me for who I am because she doesn’t even wants to kiss me. Joohyun-ah, what if Taeyeon is actually really playing with me instead?” Baekhyun asks softly, and Joohyun stared at her friend silently.

She then smiled, “Don’t think too much, okay? I am pretty sure she didn’t kiss you is because you are important to her.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

 

“Taeyeon-ssi!” Joohyun called out when she spotted the familiar short girl from far, as she jogged towards the cheerleader. Taeyeon stared at her silently, as Joohyun stood in front of her.

“What do you want?”

Joohyun just smiled, “Nothing. I just want to tell you that nothing is going on between Baekhyun and I, so you don’t have to worry.”

“I am not even interested,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes, and was about to leave when Joohyun said, “Please don’t hurt him. He is doubting and I know that you like him too, so don’t do anything that may ruin the current relationship between you and him.”

Taeyeon stared at the latter for a few seconds before saying, “Why are you so kind to me despite my y attitude to you?”

“I am not kind. I am just looking out for a friend. Baekhyun really likes you and you don’t have to worry about losing him because he won’t let you go, and I am serious. I have known him for all my life and I never witnessed him liking somebody else this much other than you,” Joohyun shrugged her shoulders, while turning around to head back to the direction she came from.

Taeyeon then called out, “Thanks anyway.” Joohyun gave a small smile before walking away from the latter, who was staring at her with mixed feelings.

 

***

“Joohyun, are you okay?” Yoona asked as she waved her hands in front of the latter, who was spacing out while sitting at the dining table. Shaking her head slightly, she looked at her friend and smiled, “Sorry, and yes I am fine.”

The doed-eyed latter stared at her and sighed, “Don’t worry, okay? I am pretty sure that he will call. He is probably busy. Since he need to head back to Shanghai all of a sudden, it has to be serious matter.”

“I hope he is fine.”

“He will be. So, now, help me to pack! My flight is in three days.”

Joohyun then chuckled as Yoona dashed into her room to pack her things. Yoona was heading off to Beijing in three days’ time and she was packing her stuff that she needed to bring over. Joohyun followed suit behind, and entered the latter’s room, “Have you talk to Yuri? I didn’t see her in school today.”

“Nope and I am no interested in talking to her. She needs to understand that her theory of pushing the blame around isn’t right.”

“Don’t you want to reconcile with her before leaving for Beijing? Furthermore, she has always been there for you and you don’t want to walk away with a broken friendship,” Joohyun convinced her, as Yoona paused while pondering over her words.

She then turned around and smiled at Joohyun, “Why are you so kind? Yuri said really mean things about you.”

“Everybody will reach that point of time. I been there before and I know that Yuri didn’t mean it but she just wanted to vent her anger and frustration. And I think she does regrets her actions in the end but she just doesn’t want to see us because she assumes that we are mad. You have been her best friend for many years, and I think she will be really happy if you head down and just talk to her,” Joohyun smiled while walking towards Yoona’s bookshelf to help pack the books.

Yoona just sighed, before returning to her normal routine of packing her clothes. “Maybe you are right. Maybe I should just talk to her. Maybe I should take the first step.”

“It is not maybe. It is ‘I should’.”

 

Joohyun sat down on her bed while reaching for her phone. There was no text messages or missed calls from Luhan, and she clutched her phone tightly. She wasn’t the kind of possessive girl that needs to know about her boyfriend’s whereabouts. She just want to know whether he is safe or not.

To: Luhan

Hey. Just wondering whether you have reached Shanghai. Today ended really fast and it is weird without you today but I think I can adapt fast since you will be coming back soon, right? Hope to hear from you soon. I miss you. – Joohyun

Pressing the ‘send’ button, she watched in silence as the message gets send out. Leaning back against her pillow, she sighed while whispering, “I really hope you are fine. I miss you so much.”

Just then her phone rang, and she picked it up immedaitely, “Luhan? I- Dad! I am sorry.” Frowning slightly at her mistake, she then broke into a smile, “Dad, what a surprise to hear from you. How are things there?”

“I am fine, Dad. Sehun and Jongin are studying for their entrance exams and are coping well. I will be sitting for my exams in a month’s time and I am ready for it. So, how are you and mom?” Joohyun asked, while walking out of her room, and towards her brothers’ rooms.

She then hummed in response at times, and knocked against Jongin’s room. “Jongin, Sehun, dad is on the line,” Joohyun said as the two boys looked up from their work. As the trio sat together while talking to their dad, Jongin then repeated whatever their father has just said.

“Y-You want us to head over to Shanghai in three weeks’ time? But our exams are round the corner,” he mumbled while glancing at Sehun.

Joohyun then shook her head, “I will attend on their behalf, Dad. I think they need to focus rather than leaving the country. Don’t worry dad, I can handle fine unlike these two here are still growing up. Definitely, just email me the details when you have confirmed everything.”

Hanging up the phone, Sehun then smirked, “I know why you volunteer to head over to Shanghai.” “And why is that so?” she retorted with her raised eyebrows. 

“Because Luhan hyung-nim is there,” Sehun grinned evilly as Jongin chuckled. Joohyun then rolled her eyes while waving her hand, “Assume however you like. Just focus and study hard, okay?”

Jongin then reminded her too, “You too, noona. Don’t worry too much about him. He will contact you, don’t worry.”

But, the call from him never came for the next four days. Not even a message or an email. 

 


[ A/N ] hi guys. omg, another chapter is up and i really have a good feeling about this story because the plot seems ot flow smoothly and i am glad that more of you guys are showing your support :) so, luhan is not contacting joohyun and is there a reason for that? hm. or is he hiding something from her? 

thank you to everybody who has support this story all this while and i am really grateful and thankful! i hope that you guys will continue to show your support by commenting. yay! xoxo guys

insanegirl x