022

Crazy In Love

Taylor Swift - Blank Space

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=e-ORhEE9VVg#Taylor_Swift_-_Blank_Space


In the previous chapter ... 

The latter then frowned,” Why? Is it because you guys are scared that I will reveal it or something?” “No, we don’t want you to feel the sadness we felt. It is painful.”

“Every one of us have our own painful memories, but sometimes, we should let them out instead of bottling them,” Joohyun said. She then looked at Luhan,” I still don’t know yours.”

The male then stared at his fingers, as a dark look passed his face. “Mine is painful.” There was a few seconds of silence, and then he whispered softly,” Too painful that I don’t know how to share. Some people think that it is selfish, whereas some think it is pity.”

“You can tell me when the time is right, but for now, can I ask you something?”

“Anything,” he replied, while lifting his head up. Joohyun then gave a small smile,” Shall we all head to my grandmother’s house this weekend before Yifan and Sooyeon leave?” 

Luhan then returned the smile,” Definitely.”

“Another thing is that can I skip class? I need to find Yoona.”

“Are you sure that you can catch up with all your classes? I don't want you to be here after I have graduated.”

Joohyun then nodded her head, and Luhan smiled,” She will be in the library.” 

 

Joohyun entered the school library, while looking around. She then spotted the librarian sitting at her usual spot, and she approached her,” Mrs.Lee! Have anybody entered the library a few minutes ago?”

“Oh, yes. Yoona, I saw her rushing into the library. I guess that girl probably forget to do her homework or something,” the librarian chuckled, while focusing back on the computer before her. Joohyun then gave a thanks, before rushing off to the tables at the other side of the library.

Walking past the bookshelves, she spotted Yoona from far, sitting at the far end as she stared out of the window with a painful expression. She then thought back to Luhan saying that they all have a painful past, that they rather keep it to themselves than to share with others for they hate others pitying them. 

“Yoona,” she called out gently to the latter, while walking towards her. Yoona turned her head, and widened her eyes at the sight of her friend. She then hastily wiped her tears away, before faking a smile that Joohyun could tell,” Joohyun! What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in class?”

Joohyun sat down in front of Yoona, while commenting,” I couldn’t attend class without my friend.”

“I am fine, Joohyun. You don’t have to worry about me, really. I just needed some time to like think to myself, that’s all,” she replied, while looking at her friend. “B-But still, thank you.”

The taller girl then stretched her hands out, and wrapped her fingers around Yoona’s,” You don’t have to say thank you. Friends are supposed to be there for one another. I know that you are having a difficult time and you don’t want to let others know about it, and I can understand. I don’t force you to tell. I came here just to make sure that you are okay, and not doing any silly things.”

“God, I am not that stupid enough to take my life.”

Joohyun then laughed, and Yoona giggled long. There was a moment of silence, when Yoona spoke,” I am sorry. It was really bad of me to just run out of the cafeteria in such a behaviour. I think it was really mean and rude of me to do such a thing. I am sorry, Joohyun.”

“There is nothing to apologise. Everybody can understand, and even though I don’t know what had happened, I just want you to know that we are all here, and you don’t need to face it alone. Yoona, you need not apologise at all, because you weren’t at fault just now.”

The doed-eyed latter just smiled, while glancing towards the window,” I wish I weren’t a mistake either. I am sorry.”

 

***

“Noona. You are home early,” Sehun greeted his older sister as he walked into the house, while placing his bag down on the sofa before shuffling to the kitchen to grab something to eat. Joohyun, who was sitting on the couch, with a book in her hands looked up, and smiled,” Welcome home. Where is Jongin?”

Sehun appeared from the kitchen a few seconds ago, with a snack bar in his hand,” In school practising for dance.” “Why are you here then?”

“Oh, I had some upcoming assignments, and I need to complete them before taking part in dance. The teachers are so persistent that they even gave me a warning about my work and dance. I wonder why I attended that school in the first place,” he grumbled, as he took his seat at the dining table. Joohyun chuckled, before shifting her attention back to her book.

She then reminded him,” You chose that school because of dance. Don’t worry, it is your last year soon so do your best. Anyway, we are heading back to grandmother’s house this weekend for a small reunion. I am bringing over my friends, and you and Jongin can bring along some too.”

“Like who?”

“Girls? I mean, Sehun, you are the eligible age to get a girlfriend, and I am pretty sure that there are tons of girls waiting to have you,” Joohyun replied back, while reaching out for her pencil case, lying down on the table in front of her. Sehun made a sarcastic sound,” Oh please, it is probably because I am popular or that I am rich. They don’t really like me for who am I.”

Joohyun then glanced at her brother, who was sulking at the corner, as he mumbled to himself. “Really? Because I was just cleaning up your room and I saw this name scribbled on your Physics notebook. Jung Soojung. I wonder who that is.” She watched in silence, and also amusement as her brother’s face start to turn crimson red, as he fumbled for his file in his bag.

“Nobody. Just some girl’s name that popped out in my head,” he replied, trying to keep his cool as he gazed down at his books. “Really? Because I am pretty sure Soojung is Sooyeon’s sister, and I am pretty sure that she is also in your school and your class, and I heard that she has took a liking to my little brother. All of a sudden, this topic sounds really interesting a-“

Sehun’s head shot up in a second,” I get it. I am not allowed to have a gir-“

“What? Wait. You are supposed to have a girlfriend, and don’t forget that one day, both you and Jongin are going to take over dad’s other businesses, and you need a wife.”

Sehun made a face, before looking at his sister,” I don’t get it noona. Why are you going the long road just to take over Dad’s place in the hospital? I mean, right from the beginning, that hospital is yours and you don’t even need to start from the start. You can easily just jump to that position after graduation, and stuff.”

“It isn’t about the position. I just want to prove to everybody in that hospital that I didn’t get that position because of Dad but because my own efforts as a doctor. I want to save lives, and I want to see families crying in joy when their loved one is safe. Being the Director of the hospital means nothing to me, if I can’t save even a single life.”

“Dad doesn’t wants you to overwork yourself. I mean, you are the only one who can take over that position. I will take over Dad’s chain of companies, and Jongin with the stocks. You were made for the hospital, why try so hard?”

Joohyun smiled, while standing up,” Because I think it is something related to my childhood, silly. Okay, I am heading up to my room so I won’t disturb you. Remember to do your work, and don’t ever think of slacking.”

She then headed up the stairs, and entered her room. Taking her seat at her table, she stared at the picture frame displayed on at the centre of her table, and Joohyun smiled,” I just want to save you one more time.”

 

Joohyun’s phone vibrated against the concrete table, and she glanced at it. Reaching out to pick it up, she placed the phone at her ear while greeting the caller,” L-Luhan!” She sat straight up, and looked at the clock, while realising that it was already evening time.

“I-I am free. Jongin is still in dance class, and Sehun is doing his work,” Joohyun reported, while collapsing onto her bed. Nodding her head, and humming a few times, she then chuckled,” You can come over if you want, but please bring some food. I am pretty sure that Sehun is hungry.”

She then laughed, before hanging up. Bouncing out of her room, she shouted from the top,” Sehun! Luhan is coming over with some food. Get ready for dinner.” Joohyun then heard her brother scrambling into the kitchen to get ready the cutlery, and she laughed.

“Noona. Are you dating Luhan hyung-nim?” he threw a stunned question at her, and Joohyun stopped in her tracks as she descended down from the steps. She then shook her head, while smiling,” No. We are just friends.”

Sehun then grinned teasingly at Joohyun,” Really? Because the two of you looks good together, and I am glad that he is making you happier now.”

“I am glad to hear that. Like I am much happier now. I guess a change of surroundings, and friends really did me some good. But no. I am not dating Luhan, and we are just in the midst of getting to know one another.”

“So you do like him,” Sehun pointed out, and Joohyun’s face started to blush.

Flustered, she then rushed into the kitchen to grab a glass of water when Sehun added,” But you are afraid that people judge you for jumping around to another the other jerk. You don’t want to bring Luhan hyung-nim into the picture, so you said to him to hang out as friends, to get to know one another better.”

“Stop reading my mind! Sehun, don’t ask anymore. I am just sick of drama, and I don’t want to affect the rest either. I want to take this slow and easy.”

Sehun shrugged his shoulders, as he placed the plates down on the table. “I know, but let me warn you something. Luhan hyung-nim likes you a lot, and I am pretty sure even to the point of loving you. But how long are you going to make him wait? I am not being blunt but think about it. The time the both you of you have together is minimum and soon, you guys are going separate ways to take over family’s business and stuff. Why not take the time right now to treasure one another, and enjoy one another’s companion?”

Joohyun stood along the kitchen table, while pressing the glass of water to her lips as she listened to her younger brother. She knew that Sehun was right. How long can Luhan wait? He had always been waiting for her, and the time left for them is barely a year before they all graduated. She sighed softly, before placing the glass down. Sehun was right.

Just then, the front door’s doorbell rang and she jumped slighty. “He is here!” Sehun shouted, as he headed off towards the front door to greet the older male. ‘How long is Luhan going to wait for me?’

“Joohyun, greetings,” Luhan smiled at the sight of the lady, as he placed a few of the carrier bags on the dining table. “Wow, you basically bought all the delicious food, and that is fried chicken. Hyung-nim, you are the best!’ Sehun showed his thumbs up, as he peered into the plastic bag.

The latter then laughed, as he glanced at Joohyun who was standing at the kitchen, staring into space. He then frowned, as he approached her. Reaching out to her, he patted her shoulder gently,” Hey, are you okay? You seemed to be out of focus. Is there anything wrong?”

‘Yes, there is a problem. I don’t know whether I can do this, or whether you can wait for me.’

“Oh, no. I am fine. Just daydreaming about things.”

Luhan stared at her for a moment, and Joohyun awkwardly looked away at her younger brother, silently wishing that he didn’t see through her lies. “Really? Jeez, I thought you were having some problems or something. Anyway, let’s go and eat.”

He then walked back to the table, as Sehun entered the kitchen. He then looked at his sister, and sighed,” I am sorry, but if my words kind of had an effect on you, just forget it. Hyung-nim is different, and I can tell. He really likes you, but if you want to talk to him later on, then go on. I will head out to the mini mart for a while.”

“I-It’s fine. You do-“

“Just talk to him. I don’t want anything else to happen to you. I hate the repetition of history, and if you went back into serious problems, I really don’t know how to face myself ever again. I don’t want to see my noona cry or being sad again, I rather her be happy forever than to cry every single second,” Sehun cut her off, while smiling.

Joohyun froze for a second, before nodding her head. She then turned around, with a dazed look as she headed off towards the dining table. Sehun sighed softly,” Hyung-nim, just make noona happy. Please, I beg you.” Luhan watched Joohyun in silence, as she stumbled over her own footing while trying to take her seat.

“Hey, are you sure you are okay? You look really out of thoughts.”

The latter then shook her head, as she passed the cutlery towards him,” I am fine, probably just hungry.” Luhan wanted to press for more answers, he spotted Sehun’s expression as the younger male did some hand signs. The older male tilted his head in confusion, and Sehun blurted out loudly from the kitchen,” Oh! We don’t have enough drinks. Jeez, I will drop by the nearby mart along the street and grab some drinks.”

“She-“ Joohyun began, when she looked at her younger brother, who was already heading towards the exit. Sehun then called over his shoulder,” You both can start first. Don’t need to wait for me, but leave some food behind! See you.” With that, the young male disappeared from the house, and there was an awkward silence between Joohyun and Luhan.

Luhan then chuckled,” Your brother is really adorable.”

“He is, but sometimes, he is just so immature and stuff,” Joohyun laughed, while glancing at the food displayed on the table. “I couldn’t believe that you bought so muc”

“Okay, now that is the both of us, may I know what’s going on with you?” Luhan placed his plate down, while staring at the girl before him.  He can easily read her, and knew whether she was lying through her teeth or not. He didn’t want her to bottle everything up, and let herself get depressed and stuff.

Joohyun froze for a second, before shaking her head,” Nothing. I told you already, I am probably just hungry and really want some food.”

“You are lying. Your face is showing everything. You want to tell me something, but you don’t know how to start or even tell me about it. Don’t worry, but I won’t laugh at you or anything.”

“Fine. It is about Yoona.”

“That’s a cover up.”

Joohyun then glared at him,” I am serious. I am worried for her because she seemed to be so depressed and stuff, and I wonder how I can help her.”

“That isn’t the whole truth. There is more to that,” Luhan insisted, as he returned the stare. Joohyun bit her lips, and thought mentally,’ He can really read what is going on with me.’

She sat there in silence, as he waited for her to talk. Joohyun then frowned, poking her drink with the straw while pondering over whether she should just tell him what her brother had said about them, but at the same time, she doesn’t know how to bring it up.

“Like I said, I won’t laugh. Really.”

“I-It is about us.”

Luhan’s eyes widened slightly, and Joohyun covered her face in embarrassment as her cheeks glow a tinted pink. He sat there, and she just sighed,” This isn’t going to work.”

“Yes it is. Okay, so it is about us. What about us?” he asked, as he leaned over and reached out to pull her hands away from her face. Joohyun lowered her head, not knowing how to face him and Luhan smiled,” I am not going to laugh. You know, this is really a cute side of you and I am glad that I had witnessed it.”

Joohyun then raised her head, and Luhan laughed,” Okay, so can we talk about ‘us’?”

“I don’t know how to begin or start about. T-There is something I need to ask, but there are just so many things a—“

“Just take it slow and easy, Joohyun. I am not rushing you or anything, and I can wait for you to straighten out your thoughts and stuff. So, don’t worry.”

The latter then bit her lips, as Luhan held her hands gently. She then mumbled,” S-Sehun said something along the line of you being not able to w-wait for me to return my love, and y-you might just walk away.”

“I won’t,” Luhan replied immediately, with no hesitation as he moved closer. “Are you that silly? Look, I have a crush on you for like a few years, and you think that just because I couldn’t’ wait for to return the mutual feelings, I will leave? That’s ridiculous, Joohyun. I will never do that to you.”

The female then stared at him, surprised with his fast response. Luhan then carried on,” And, you didn’t like reject me or anything. You said you like me too, but you just wanted time, so I am giving you the time. I can wait, even if it is for like the next thousand years, I can still wait.”

“W-Why?”

“Why? Because I am crazily in love with you. The greatest wish that I want is just to see you being happy, and stuff like that. Even if you aren’t my girlfriend, I still want you to be happy. I love you, Joohyun and if you are fretting over the thought that I will leave, don’t worry anymore because I will never leave. I promise you that.”

Joohyun blushed slightly, as Luhan’s ears turned red at the tip of the corners of his ear. She then replied,” I feel bad, making you wait for everything. I-I know that you might worry that I am not over him and stuff, but really, I am moving on. I don’t have the same feelings anymore him. The only guy who can make my heart beat even faster, faster than him, is you. I just don’t want you to be misunderstanding, and overthinking about my own feelings towards him. I was just scared that you will portray me as some girl who just grab any guys treats her well, and t-“

Before Joohyun can complete her sentence, Luhan pressed his lips gently against hers. She widened her eyes at first, but slowly, her shocked expression faded while responding to the gentle kiss. She can feel the butterflies in her stomach, as they fluttered around nervously. A chill went down her spine, as Luhan’s warm hands caressed her cheeks, and she gasped softly. The kiss wasn’t rough, or hard or powerful or rushing. It was slow, gentle and loving. It was like Luhan was conveying his feelings to her through that kiss. It was like he was saying a ton of words through that kiss, and she can feel it. His feelings for her. And another thing. She can feel her feelings for her. She has already fallen for Luhan, unknowingly.

“I am sorry,” Luhan breathed against her nose as he broke apart from her lips. Joohyun lowered her head slightly, as she stared as Luhan’s Adam apple as it bobbled up and down nervously. “I am sorry, I just did somet-“ he began to explain, while findings words, when Joohyun smiled.

“I can feel it.”

The doed-eyed male paused for and looked at her. He expected a reaction where she like freaked out or something, but this current reaction was unexpected.

Joohyun looked at him, and smiled,” I-I can feel your love for me. I-I can feel how I feel about you. I have already fallen for you, somehow and somewhere when we met. I like you for a long period of time, and you were probably the one that I was with when I had butterflies. I like you even during all the commotion and stuff but I just couldn’t figure out. I-I was confused, I was perplexed and I couldn’t figure out who was the one. But j-just now, I felt everything. All the memories, like the first time we talked and meet, and then when you helped me and everything.”

“J-Jooh”

“I am so sorry that I took a really long time to sort out my feelings, but I finally did. During the whole time, I didn’t like Baekhyun. I was just infatuated with him, and thought that he was the one but the truth was that I love him as friend, as a brother I seek help in. Y-You are the one that I really like, and I did it. I thought through it through the kiss, and I am sorry that I made you wait for such a long time, Luhan,” Joohyun muttered, as her voice gets slowly inaudible at the ending.

Luhan then broke intoa wide smile, as he stared at her. “You didn’t make me wait for a really long time. I can understand, and I don’t blame you. I-I just couldn’t believe this is happening.”

“Neither could I.”

“Then, let me ask you this. Joohyun, will you be my official girlfriend?”

Joohyun starred at him for a second, and thought,’ I am done with running away. I am done with denying the feelings. I am facing it, and the truth was that I like Luhan ever since a long time, but it was also during the period of Baekhyun that I had confusions. I faced the truth, and I never liked Baekhyun as much as Luhan. I-I like Luhan.’

“Yes. Yes, I will be your girlfriend, and thank you. I am just so sorry,” she nodded her head, while breaking into a wide smile. Luhan then laughed along, as he glanced down with his red ears, while Joohyun’s cheeks flushed pink. The couple just confessed their true inner thoughts, and slowly, they were beginning to understand one another slightly better.

To have the person you like to have the same mutual feelings is a dream come true, and even though, at times it takes a really long time for the other party to recognise it, they finally did in the end. Even though Joohyun took a period of long time trying to sort her feelings out, trying to maintain the image of the proper student she should be, she faced it by telling herself that if Luhan can wait for her for that long, how long was she going to run away?

“I am glad that I like you. E-Everything is worth it,” Luhan laughed, as he stared at the girl before him, the girl of his dreams. Even though he wasn’t her first crush, at least he will be the last one.

Joohyun smiled, as she looked at him,” I like you, Luhan. A lot.” 

 


[ A/N ] hi guys. i am super sorry if i take like forever to update the story but i am super busy doing revision for my tests and stuff. i am super sorry for slow updates, and i will really try my best to be on task! also, if this chapter is like horrible, i am sorry. but i hate first love stories. like for girls, whenever they like this guy, the guy never seems to like her back and then there is always another guy at the side liking her for years, and you know, the story goes on and on. i love this kind of story wheen the female protagonist chooses the second boy instead of the first, because the first never deserves her. honestly, i don't like it when the first love act like 'oh. i like you too' at the ending on the story, when she just fallen for the second boy. like dude, she confessed and you reject so what for tell her now right? so, female protagonist and the second guy = new otp xD 

anyway, i am really sorry and i hope that you guys can understand! thank you and please do carry on to support me. 

_insanegirl_

 

P.S i kind of like printed out polaroids of seohan, and they are really beautiful? take a look below. i am really like in love with this couple, and proabably my longest ever couple that i ever shipped. starting from 2012 all the way to 2015, and it is amazing how this couple affected me badly. i just wanted to keep them closer to me, so i pinted them out! i can do the same for you guys, but you'll have to be in the same country as me xD but, seohan ftw