020

Crazy In Love

GOT7 - 달빛(Moonlight)

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=5SRzMbqk0LY#GOT7_-_%EB%8B%AC%EB%B9%9B(Moonlight)_(1st_album_Identify_)_(Full_Audio)


In the previous chapter...

“It is not a surprise, since both of you were best friends before. Best friends tend to like one another, and I heard it was an unrequited love produced by Joohyun. I am really sorry if this is nonsense, but I am being protective and also curious. I don’t like girls liking my current boyfriend now, and neither do I like to wrongly accuse people, Joohyun.”

Jongdae then laughed it off,” That is ridiculous. I am pretty sure that she never li-“

“You weren’t her friend previously, and based on my judgement, she hardly makes friends. Kim Jongdae, don’t interfere. I need to know the truth, because I want to settle this. Baekhyun is now mine, and you, Seo Joohyun, has to keep your eyes off him,” Taeyeon warned.

The whole school was silent, as they watched the scene unfold before them. It was like a drama, and this drama had too popular girls involved. Furthermore, everyone knows that Joohyun and Baekhyun are best friends, or were, there is a chance that she does like him.

Baekhyun then shook his head,” This is stupid. Taeyeon, there is nothing to be jealous about. You got my heart, and nothing will happen. I am pretty sure that she doesn’t like me, for that and whoever you told you that was stupid. Let’s go, come on.”

“No. I want to hear it from her. Her true words, along with sincere blessings. I like Baekhyun, and I don’t like to see other people crushing on him. He is mine, and I am asking, does Joohyun-ssi likes Baekhyun?” Taeyeon asked, raising her voice higher. 

 

The whole cafeteria went silence as only the muffled whispers of the students floated around in the air. Joohyun could feel her heart beating hardly. She was nervous not because that Baekhyun was in front of her, but more of because she was nervous to speak the truth.

“This is ridiculous. I know that you told me to stay out of this, but honestly, Joohyun doesn’t like anyone, and you are just throwing accusations everywhere without any logical reasoning,” Jongdae stepped in, while glaring at Taeyeon.

One thing he really disliked about the latter was that she was arrogant and always think that she is right.

Taeyeon then sighed annoyingly, while looking at her boyfriend,” I just want to know the truth, and I am pretty sure that Baekhyun will also like to know about the truth, instead of the lies. Right?”

“It isn’t necessary. I can swear nothing went on between us, and that we never like one another before.”

“I know, but you are the one that don’t bear such feelings. How about her? That is always that one percent of possibility that she likes you before. I just want to know, and I am sure that you also like to know from her.”

Taeyeon then glared at Jongdae,” Get out of the way. You are really interrupting the moment over here.” Just as Jongdae was about to reply but, he got cut off by someone.

“What is going on?” the familiar voice rang out, and some gasps could be heard. Jongdae threw his head back, while looking at the newcomer,” Some people have plenty of time to make a scene in the cafeteria, obviously.”

Luhan then frowned, as he stopped in front of Joohyun, while looking at her with concern,” H-Hey, are you okay?”

“L-Luhan.”

Taeyeon’s eyes sparkled at the sight of the footballer, as she greeted him,” Luhan-ah! Thank God that you are here.” The male beside her shifted his foot angrily, while glaring at the taller male. Baekhyun sure disliked Luhan.

“Congratulations, I heard about you two being together. Last long,” Luhan faced the couple, while glancing at the intertwined hands. “But, what is going on here?”

Taeyeon’s eyes then shifted back to Joohyun, while speaking,” Well, you see, she wished the both of us a ‘Congratulations’ and stuff like that. But the problem was that I heard rumours that Joohyun likes my boyfriend, and this is pretty intensive because he is dating me. I can’t have his good friend crushing on him in front of me. So, all I did was to ask her whether she likes Baekhyun or not, and she get all nervous and started to space out.”

“She doesn’t likes him, and for that, I can vouch because Joohyun doesn’t like anyone now. I really hope that you can stop pestering her, and carry on with that lovey-dovey relationship of yours,” Luhan replied, and Baekhyun scowled.

He then hissed,” You don’t answer for Joohyun. All of a sudden, I really want to know the truth. How do you know so much about her? How do you know that she doesn’t like me before? You and her barely even have a year of friendship.”

“A month and more friendship made up more of that few years of yours,” Luhan snapped back, while looking at the shorter male.

Just as Baekhyun was about to rebut back, Joohyun spoke,” Yes, I did liked Baekhyun before.” Both Jongdae and Luhan looked at her, while Baekhyun widened his eyes as the other students followed suit.

“I knew it, so how can you congratulate us when you probably hate me that I got him, and that his girlfriend isn’t you?” Taeyeon questioned her, with a smirk plastered on her face.

Joohyun can feel the whole cafeteria’s attention on her, as she listened to the whispers. “I can’t believe that she likes Baekhyun before! And furthermore, he is already taken.”

“But she said ‘liked’, not ‘like’. She probably is over him by now.”

“You want the truth, don’t you?” Joohyun asked the couple before her, while clenching her fists tightly. Taeyeon nodded her head, while Baekhyun just stared at her. He had no idea that she had liked him before.

Joohyun drew in a breath, as Luhan grabbed her arm,” You don’t have to do this. You don’t have to tell everyone. This is your personal life, why are you letting her ruin it?”

“I am not letting anyone ruin it. I am saving my own self. I don’t want to hide anymore, from him and from her. You know how much I hate her, and that she got him, you thought that I will hate her even more but I don’t anymore. Luhan, I don’t like Baekhyun anymore, and every single time I see right now, it is only disgust and disgust. I never perceived him more than that anymore. He is over, because I am over him. I rather let everyone here know the truth, than later because the whole school will think that I am a – crushing on someone else’s boyfriend is really a y thing to do. I rather let the whole school here know that I used to crush on him, but I am over.”

Baekhyun stared at his ex-best friend, while Taeyeon looked on. She just wanted to humiliate Joohyun, and her plan was going right for now.

“I did liked Baekhyun before, and in fact, it has been at least a year for now. We used to be best friends, and I started to have a crush on him since the beginning of last year. But then, he only had eyes for you and for like hundreds of time, he hurt me indirectly. And then, I knew that in his eyes, I will never be more than a friend. Just a month ago, I began to think and sort my thoughts out and I confirmed that I no longer harbour feelings for him anymore. Our relationship is now is strangers and will be never be more than that for now. I can fully assure you, Taeyeon-ssi, that everything I am saying right now is the truth. I liked Baekhyun before, but now, I am so over him.”

Taeyeon then scoffed,” And you expect me to believe that? How can a year plus crush vanished within a month? That’s ridiculous, and really absurd.”

“It can, because I am different from you. I don’t go around lying about my own life and everything. The Kim Taeyeon that everyone in this school knows dislikes geeks and nerds, and in fact, you even looked down on them. But now, you are dating the school’s geek, Byun Baekhyun.”

The cheerleader then rolled her eyes,” My mind about geeks and nerds change. Baekhyun is a different man, he isn’t like them. He is different and I like him for that.”

Joohyun then asked,” Really? Then let me ask you, how your view on geeks and nerds can change within a month when you fully detest them ever since middle school. That is even longer than my crush.”

“I change. That’s why I was able to view them differently,” Taeyeon replied, while staring right into Joohyun’s eyes.

The taller latter then asked another question,” Really? Then let me ask you this, I thought you like Luhan instead?” The students then began to murmur once again, while agreeing along with the statement. Everyone knew how Taeyeon has been crushing on Luhan for so long, and all of a sudden, she was dating Baekhyun, a geek. Absurd.

“She doesn’t. She told me she doesn’t. Stop pointing fingers around, Joohyun,” Baekhyun spoke, and the latter faced him. “Did she really tell you or are you trying to comfort yourself instead?”

Taeyeon then exclaimed,” I don’t like Luhan! Stop ruining our relationship here just because you are jealous. Baekhyun and I are happy, and we don’t need a person like you to ruin it.” “In fact, I am pretty sure that you are just spouting nonsense.”

“So I am the one spouting nonsense now? Wow, it is pretty amusing that you can change sides that quickly. You used to tell me how much you want to kill Luhan because Taeyeon likes him.”

“That was the past. I assumed she liked him, but she doesn’t.”

“So you were assuming. I see.”

Baekhyun then sighed,” Stop being such a , Joohyun. Look, you aren’t like this in the past. What happened? You are becoming way too different, and I am honestly sick of this current new you. All you see me is disgust now? Then, every single time I see you, you only reminds me of the new rude you.”

“I wasn’t like this in the past, because I thought that maybe that will get your attention. But no, it turned wrongly because you like someone who is much ier than me.”

Taeyeon then spoke up,” Look, stop being childish and trying to ruin people’s relationship. I don’t like Luhan, and all I see of him is just a school mate. That’s all, no hard feelings for him.”

“Really? That’s good, because I am going to do this,” Joohyun replied, while facing Luhan, who was staring at her with his doed-eyed eyes.

Joohyun can feel heart racing even faster even at the sight of his eyes, and familiar brown-haired, which has always been beside her ever since these few months. Luhan was the onle on that she can really lean on, and count on.

And now, just by looking by him, she was feeling the same feeling she used to have for Baekhyun. It was strange, because she was nervous at the sight of Luhan. The male just stared into her eyes, when all of a sudden, a hand pulled her forward and some soft touched her lips.

Joohyun widened her eyes at the sudden action, and just blinked a few times as she realised that the one, who was kissing her, was Luhan.

“Oh my God, Luhan just kissed her. Oh my God. Praise the Lord!”

“Is this another new couple? Luhan, the best player in the soccer team, along with the volleyball’s team star player, Joohyun dating? This might be the best senior year ever.”

“It is strange, because when I look at them, I really wished they are dating. They looked so perfect together. Both of them are smart, and even sporty.”

“Thank God she decided to stop liking Baekhyun. I mean, watching this whole scene, he wasn’t her effort or time.”

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped, and Baekhyun’s eyes grew even wider. Jongdae, who was standing by the side, began to cheer loudly as the other students followed suit.

The couple, then realised what was happening, as the both of them pulled apart from each other at the same time. “I-I-I-,” Luhan began to stutter, as he tried to find words. He was surprised by himself too, and looking at Joohyun’s face, he knew he just lost the chance of liking her.

“Nice way of telling the whole school that you are together, man. That was amazing, but really, kissing her in front of the whole school? You can just announce it like them,” a random student, shouted from his table, while smiling widely.

Jongdae then added,” That was breath taking.”

 

***

“I heard about the kiss. It is viral in the school,” Yoona commented, as Joohyun was placing her books into her locker. “K-Kiss?”

The latter nodded her head eagerly, and said,” The kiss that Luhan and you shared in the cafeteria. The whole school has been talking about it, and I am surprised that he decided to confess to you right in front of everyone.”

“C-Confess?”

“Didn’t he? If not how can the both of you two kiss? He had con- Oh my gosh. He has not confess. I am so sorry, but I need to pretend that you didn’t hear whatever I just said,” Yoona widened her eyes in horror, while staring at Joohyun as she fiddled with her bag strap.

Joohyun blinked her eyes, and nodded,” Totally.”

“Sorry to disturb, but can I speak to Joohyun for a moment?” a voice interrupted their conversation, and they turned their heads to see Baekhyun standing there. Yoona then cleared awkwardly, as she walked towards her locker, which was down the hallway.

Joohyun then shut her locker door, while looking at Baekhyun, aware that everyone in the hallway was watching the both of them.

“Luhan’s girl is talking to her previous crush. Won’t Luhan feel jealous or something?”

“Nah, Joohyun-ssi isn’t the kind to flirt around. I am pretty sure she only likes Luhan, and look at her face, or her eyes, they showed nothing about being excited or happy around Baekhyun.”

“You’re right. Gosh, I am so loving Luhan and Joohyun together. They are like so cute together, cuter than Baekhyun and Taeyeon even.”

The latter bit her lips, before speaking,” What do you want to speak to me about?”

“About your sudden confession just now. You were joking about liking me before, right? You just probably did that to get to Taeyeon, and Luhan, right?”

“Are you kidding me? Seriously, Baekhyun, I honestly don’t know what happened to you but seriously, you pushing to the limits. Enough with scolding of me being y and stuff, but you are thinking that I said those words just to provoke people? Are you serious?”

Baekhyun then replied,” Look, you don’t really sound like you were serious just now, and that kiss, it was what you wanted all the while right?” Then, a loud sound echoed through the hallway, and the students gasped just to see a red print on Baekhyun’s right cheek.

“I am not that kind of girl, Byun Baekhyun. I wasn’t lying when I said that I liked you before. I don’t lie about things, like this. I can’t believe that you think I did that was to just get a kiss. You are disgusting, like honestly. It is true that I liked you before, but you know what, I was totally wrong about you. I am so glad that I gave up on you, because having a guy like you is really horrible. D-Don’t ever talk to me again, and just keep this in mind. Crazy in love with you is the biggest mistake ever, Baekhyun-ssi.”

 

Joohyun stepped out of the classroom, as she shut the door behind her. Adjusting her bag strap on her shoulder, she then took a step forward when she stopped as she spotted Luhan leaning against the wall, while playing around with his foot. She stared at him for a second, and then image of their kiss back in the cafeteria appeared in her head.

Shaking her head, she then called out,” L-Luhan.”

“Joohyun!” he exclaimed, at the sight of her while standing straight up. He then rubbed his neck awkwardly, while asking,” C-Can I walk you home?”

She then nodded her head, while they headed towards the exit of the university. The walk home was awkward, and awkward.

Luhan then cleared his throat,” A-About that kiss just now, I am sorry.”

“Y-Yeah.”

“I didn’t know what I was doing, and things turned out like that. I am really sorry for making a scene back there, it was really embarrassing.”

Joohyun nodded her head, as she walked silently beside him. She didn’t know what to say, but all she knew during that kiss, all she felt was her heart racing, and butterflies were in her stomach. She couldn’t understand why she had such a feeling around Luhan, like Baekhyun, but the feeling was even more overwhelming compared to Baekhyun.

She then faced him,” I was talking to Yoona just now, and she kind of blurted out that you finally confessed to me. I-I w-want to know what is that confession.”

Luhan then bit his lips, while looking at the ground as he was unable to face her. He couldn’t just confess to her in the middle of the streets, just after a kiss. It will even be more awkward.

“She is just talking nonsense.”

“Really? Because I got something to tell you.”

Joohyun stopped in her tracks, and Luhan stopped while facing her. She then drew in a shaky breath,” I don’t know how come I have this sort of feeling and something like that, and the last time I felt such feeling was when I liked Baekhyun. But now, the feeling is even stronger, and more overwhelming. I don’t know how come and why, but every time I am near you, or the other way around, just by looking by you, my heart always race and I get jittery and stuff like that. I don’t know when I am feeling like this, but it is always around you and it is weird.”

Luhan just blinked. He was surprised her sudden ‘confession’ about her feelings around him, and a smile appeared on his face.

“I know these kind of feelings are that I like you. But I don’t want things to go wrong. I think about how people view me, and they see that I am some kind of girl who jumps around guys, and stuff like that. I don’t want that kind of perception of me. I don’t want you to misunderstand either. Baekhyun is really the past, and I realised that every single time I was hurt, you were always there for me, comforting me and stuff like that. It is like, he was a troublesome insect, and you re the soothing medication. You made me feel better, you were there for me and stuff.”

Joohyun then looked at Luhan, as she let out a breath,” I know this is really fast, but I realised that you are the one. Like the one who can make happy and feel like myself, and not let my insecurities to get to me. It is like you are the one who can cheer me up, and stuff. You may think that, maybe just because he doesn’t want me, I take you. No, it isn’t that kind of theory. I have been thinking. Ever since I met you, your actions, and even hanging out with your friends really made me sort my thinking and feelings out.”

“I don’t want you to think just because Baekhyun is taken, and I just want to find another guy. I don’t want to be that kind of girl, but during this short period of time, you really did showed me who he really was and who you are. I figured out things at night, and I thought through it. Sehun told me something that I didn’t realised before.”

“W-What?”

“When I looked at Baekhyun, there were only my sadness in my eyes. But then, when I looked at you, my eyes were sparkling. It gives off a different vibe, and my brothers felt it. Sehun asked me whether I love Baekhyun or not. I told him that I was so close to loving him, but I didn’t in the end. I did loved him, but that love was a friend’s love, not the kind of romantic love. That love wasn’t there, and all these while, I only liked him. Sehun asked me whether I can fall in love again.”

Luhan stared at Joohyun, who was clasping her fingers together,” I said I don’t know, but now, I have an answer. I can, but I don’t want to fall for the wrong one.”

“J-Joohyun.”

“I like you. Just like the way I like Baekhyun, but slightly more than that. Not love, but like. I like you, Luhan and I want to tell you that I want to give it a try like what Sehun suggested.”

Luhan blinked his eyes another time, and Joohyun stood there in silence. She can feel her cheeks burning in embarrassment, and also, flustered, wondering how Luhan will respond. She was afraid, for she somehow or yes, confessed, and the look on his face was just a blank one.

“I-I got t-“ Joohyun started again, when she was cut off when a pair of arms embraced her gently, as her head was pressed against the other’s chest, as she listened to the rhythm of his heartbeat. “I won’t rush you or anything, but I want you to take this period of time to understand and know me better. I don’t want you to pick me just because I have been there for you. I want you to pick me because you are in love with me.”

 Luhan then hugged her, and smiled widely,” I won’t pick anyone else, except you because I like you.” 

 

 


[  A/N ] hi guys! so, like i wrote this chapter in like two hours and oh my god, i am still alive. just kidding. anyway, this chapter is long, and i have to say that i don't really care about the word limit. i write based on the storyline, so i stopped when i think it is supposed to be stopped! but guys, omg, 20 chapters. 20! like i couldn't believe myself that i wrote 20, and it is still counting. thank you to those who had subscribed, and upvoted. show some of your opinions by commenting, by really guys, no bashing or whatsoever. FORBIDED. 

 

_insanegirl_