019

Crazy In Love

iKON - Long Time No See

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=0LpwPGKdWaA#%5BENGSUB%5D_MIX_%26_MATCH_Ep_8_-_iKON___Long_Time_No_See


In the previous chapter ...

“Are you sure you don’t know anything about this?” Jongdae asked, breaking the silence as Luhan looked at the two males. He then sighed,” You’ll won’t believe me, but I honestly had no idea. He said he is going for a week, for some event or something. He said he will be back, but this is a totally surprise. I know nothing about it, and that I can swear.”

Kyungsoo then nodded his head,” I trust him for this. Among all of us, he understands Yixing the best and he believes the latter. Looking at him, I think Yixing really didn’t tell anyone and lied from us. Luhan is a victim.”

“Chanyeol honestly has a problem with his anger.  He got to control that.”

Luhan then asked,” What is going on? Like, with Chanyeol and the others.”

“Yifan wants to kill him.”

Kyungsoo then smacked his friend on the head, before facing Luhan,” That is bull. They are trying to make Chanyeol apologise, but that hot-headed boy decided to not give up on his pride and insists that he is correct when the truth is that he isn’t.”  

 

Luhan leaned back against the pilllow, while letting out a soft wince. Jongdae placed both of his hands on the bed's railing, and sighed," Sorry, dude. We didn't get there in time to stop the fight or whatever the heck was going on, and ended you up in such a horrible and ugh state." 

"No worries. I don't blame you both. You guys can take your leave now, I will like some time alone," the doed-eyed male gave a weak smile, before closing his eyes, signalling to his friends that he will like them to take their leave. He listened to the closing of the door, and then silence that filled the air. Opening his eyes, he glanced to his right where he grabbed his bag, that was beside on him on the chair. 

Rummaging around the bag, he then grabbed his phone and whipped it out. Swiping his finger across the screen, he then stared at the background picture for a second before sighing. It was a picture of Yixing and him, both of them standing with wide grins as they placed arms around one another while lifting up their signature bro-fist. : their clenched fist that will collide with one another before moving away with two fingers. 

"I need a driver to send me home. Tell Butler.Lee to be in my study room after dinner time," Luhan spoke into the phone, before hanging up. He might not know what is going on with Yixing, and he is going to make sure that his friend is going to come back with two feet, and one whole body. He is for sure the son of the richest family in Beijing.

 

***

"I am not going to apologise!" Chanyeol shouted at the top of hie voice, before collasping down hardly on the chair. Joohyun, along with Yoona, who were entering the room jumped at the sudden anger that was displayed by the tall male. Then, Yifan stood up with an annoyed expression as he slammed his hand on the table," Stop being so childish! Look, you injured Luhan and you need to say sorry. I don't care who started the damn fight, but I give a ing damn about violence. You either say sorry ot him, or you can forget about staying." 

The others widened their eyes, and Yuri asked," Are you thinking of kicking him out? You can't, you idiot! He is part of us, and you can't just kick him out like that because of some stupid thing he did. This is ridiculous, and furthermore, you aren't the one in-charge here, so don't go around doing what you like!" "Yuri," Yoona warned her friend lowly, not to provoke Yifan. 

"If I don't apologise, I can't stay in this group? Wu Yifan, are you serious about this?" Chanyeol questioned, as he stood up while kicking his chair away. Joohyun cringed slightly as she listened to the metal sound hitting against the tall. The taller one then stared right into Chanyeol's eyes," I told you before, no violence and you not only hurt your friend, but also Joohyun! Were you even thinking?" 

Joohyun then took a step forward, and she said," Stop, stop fighting, please. This whoe inccident wasn't Chanyeol's fault or Luhan's, okay? Let this go, and I am pretty sure that if Yixing is here, he will not kick Chanyeol out. I am fine, and so is Luhan so please stop this whole arguement." 

"I agree with her," Kyungsoo raised his hand, and Jongdae followed suit along with Sooyeon and Yoona. Yuri then nodded her head firmly, while raising her hand. Yifan then tucked his hands neatly back into his pocket, and turned around while walking out of the room. Sooyeon then sighed, while running after her boyfriend. Joohyun then glanced at Yoona, and whispered softly," D-Did I do something wrong?" 

The latter shook her head, while smiling," Don't worry, Joohyun. You just knocked some sense into Yifan's mind, and also, the idiotic one." 

 

Joohyun was walking home alone, along the streets of the houses while staring at the ground. She was sorting her thoughts out - Luhan and Yixing's relationship - and how she can help the male feel better. She then shook her head, while mumbling a few words to herself. 

"Hey,"  a familiar voice cut her train of thoughts, and she raised her head just to see Luhan standing infront of her with a smile. Joohyun then widened her eyes slightly," W-What are you doing here? You are supposed to be resting at home!" 

Luhan then gestured towards a black-tinted-windows car up front of the street," My driver is waiting there, and I can get straight home after talking to you." "At least, wear thicker clothes like why are you only dressed in a sweater?" 

"Look who's talking," he replied with sarcasm, as she glanced down at her top and sighed. Joohyun then grabbed his hand, and entered her house. "Then, come in to talk and not stand outside in the cold." 

Joohyun shut the main door, before slipping out from her shoes. "What do you want to drink?" she asked over her shoulder, and headed towards the kitchen. "Anything. Anything that you can offer." 

"Here, a cup of hot chocolate," she said, as she walked out form the kitchen a few minutes later, and placed the cup on the table. Sitting down across Luhan, Joohyun then asked," Anyway, why are you looing for me?"

Luhan then messed his hair," Because I wanted to talk you at the nurse, but they kind of interuppted." "What do you want to talk about?" 

"Your shoulder. He kind of shoved you, and I saw that you hit yourself. I am so sorry that I didn't retaliate back to protect you. It was just that ev" "I don't even blame you. Look, I am more than thankful that you didn't raise that fist and hit Chanyeol back. It is wrong, and also, I don't like violence and you did the right thing. Even though I got hurt, I am still that glad you are in one piece." 

The male then laughed, and she smiled. "Are things between Chanyeol and you okay? Are there still misunderstandings?" Luhan nodded his head, while playing with his fingers. "There are, but I am going to head over to talk to him." 

"Please do mend the friendship," Joohyun stated, and Luhan nodded his head. He then looked at her," Joohyun-ah, can I ask you something?"

She nodded her head, and Luhan hesitated for a second before asking," By any chance, do you like anyone currently?" 

 

***

"What the helll are you doing here?" Chanyeol snarled as soon as he glanced at Luhan from head to toe, before side-stepping and allowing the male to enter his house. The male shuffled into the living room, where he sat on the couch before glancing around the interior of Chanyeol's house. "Nothing has changed since the last time I came," Luhan stated, while nodding his head. 

Chanyeol then scowled," What do you want? Coming to my house at like 9pm at night? You are supposed to be resting at home, and not wandering around in the cold acting like a stupid boy, who has no level of common sense!"

"I wanted to aplogise, that's all." 

"Aplog- What?" 

Luhan looked at his friend, and sighed," Look, I am sorry that I didn't tell anyone but his leaving because he told me not to tell. He begged me to stay silent, and that everything will be fine. I honestly had no idea about that letter, and his stupid thinking of leaving for like a few months. I had no idea about it, and now, I am trying to get details of him like how he is and why is he there. I really had no idea, and neither did I meant to keep his leaving as a secret. I promised him not to tell, and I was trying to keep that promise." 

"You realy had no idea about it?" 

"If I knew about what he was going to do, I would have jumped onto that plane and followed him back? Do you even know how stupid and selfish his sister can be? She is a vicious, and a cruel lady with no feelings. Yixing is her biological brother, but she is treating him like some kinfd of dog or something." 

Chanyeol then asked," What is Yixing's background? We don't really know him, except you like his whole story and why you are so worked up why he is leaving. What is going on with him?" 

"Nothing is going on with him, or me. It is his family. You do know that Yixing has an older sister, and she is currently the heiress to the family's business. I don't understand, and I couldn't see how Yixing was a threat to her. She hates him, like alot. She really dislikes him, and  once, she kind of like abandoned him along the streets and pretended to not notice her brother was missing. She sees him like a threat to her position, and she thinks that with his presence around, he is going to take everything away from her. Yixing is smarter than her, and more talented but when it comes to family's business and assets and everything else, she gets worked up like she thinks Yixing is going to snatch everything from her even though she is the oldest child. She is already the rightful child to the business, but she hates him and I don't know why. Neither does Yixing, and he told me that they needed him back for some events." 

The taller male sat there in silence, as he stared at his shoes,” I am sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you, or injure you but the thought of Yixing leaving and that you are his closest friend, I felt betrayed. Both of you didn’t want to tell any of us, and he selfishly left silently, and it was plain selfish. I thought you did the same thing, and that you only wanted to be the only one to know about this, so you hid it from us, and you pretended to not know anything.”

“Why the hell would I do such a thing? Look, I am not that kind of friend, desperately wanting to be someone else’s number one friend. No, this is a misunderstanding between you and me. I didn’t mean to hide, and I had no idea about his thinking of leaving and being on a stupid hiatus. Like, that is Yixing’s stupid thinking, and as his closest friend, I didn’t see through his lie and I feel like a big fool.”

Chanyeol then laughed,” But you are one.”

“Okay, that is offensive to an injured patient,” Luhan pointed out, while smiling. He then added,” You are still staying alone?”

The male nodded his head, while sighing,” I have no plans of returning home for now. I couldn’t accept the fact, and I run. I kind of ran, and nothing seemed to be solved.”

“Everything is going to be fine.”

Chanyeol was the second child of the influential family, the Parks. They owned a large part of the land, and also, had a few chains of large supermarkets that are well-known in Seoul. They are the biggest shareholders in the supermarkets, and furthermore, Chanyeol’s mother is a judge that is well respected by the citizens. Despite coming from such a wealthy family, nothing was perfect.

Park Yura was Chanyeol’s older sister, and he simply adores and looks up to her greatly. She was his role model since young, and wants to be like her, popular, smart and athletic. But, his dreams of becoming like her crashed when she became the sole successor to the family’s business. It was not that he was jealous of her taking over the business. It was more of because that to become the heiress of the business, Yura had to be in an arranged marriage with someone else.

Chanyeol hated the fact that his older sister was being ‘sold’ just to take over the company, and everything else. He felt that his parents were foolish and selfish, only thinking of wealth and everything else except for their own children’s feelings. He hated them for doing such a thing to his sister. He can still remember the day when he fought with his parents, saying that they were selfish, and inconsiderate. He still remember the slap that his father gave to him, and the cries of his sister, begging them to stop.

He hated his parents for forcing his sister to do such a thing, and felt that everything wasn’t fair. Chanyeol then decided to run away. He decided to leave the household behind, and set foot out from the house he has been growing up in. He was sick and tired of his parents’ constant selfish actions, and he wanted to run away with Yura. However, his sister declined. She was the successor and running away was an irresponsible thing to do.

He then ran away, and Yura provided him with the house he is living in, and monthly allowance to survive. Chanyeol never attended his sister’s wedding, because he couldn’t bear to see the sadness in her eyes. Even though Yura pleaded with him to turn up, he resisted and never showed up. His parents never called him, or asked how he was. It was like his running away was nothing to them, and that they had expected it after the fight.

“I really hope so. It has been such a long time since I last saw her, and I miss her.”

Luhan threw a sad glance at his friend, and he spoke,” Don’t worry, I am sure that one day, everything will be solved, and each of us get our own happiness. That day will come.”

“There is still a long way to go. Anyway, how are things between Joohyun and you? It looks like the both of you have been growing closer and closer these few days.”  Chanyeol claimed, as he sauntered into the kitchen to get a glass of water for Luhan.

The doed-eyed male then cringed in his seat, as he laid his head back against the chair. “Don’t even remind me about it. I think I did something stupid enough to make her change opinions of me, and it was so embarrassing.”

“You wet yourself in front of her? Or did you like fell down and your pants ripped?”

“Shut it. Dude, is that really what you think of me? For your information, I am different from you, like from head to toe, I am never or should I say, will never be like you.”

Chanyeol laughed, while handing him the glass of water,” So, what did you do then?”

“I asked her does she currently like anyone?”

“Let me guess, she said no and you kind of confessed that you like her?” the taller male asked, while looking at his friend with amusement.  Luhan grabbed the pillow closest to him on the couch, and flung it at his friend. “No, and stop teasing me with that stupid grin of yours. It is stupid is enough, and you are making yourself looked more stupid only.”

“Ouch, hey, that hurts and hey! I am not stupid. At least I know how to confess properly to a girl.”

“When was the last time you even went on a date?”

“I don’t know. Wait, d-“

“Park Chanyeol. You have never been on a date since elementary school,” Luhan smirked, while sipping the glass of water casually. Chanyeol then grimaced slightly, before facing his friend again. “So, can you explain what the hell happened?”

Luhan then made a face,” So I asked her who she likes, and she stared at me and I felt embarrassed. Was it that I have been too obvious or that she couldn’t understand me? Then, her brother came home and I had to leave.”

“That was awkward. Gosh, you really badly. Like, I swear Joohyun is probably just going to avoid you for the rest of the school year,” Chanyeol burst into laughter, while shaking his head. He then gestured towards the clock on the wall,” Talking about school, we have school tomorrow.”

Luhan then smiled sheepishly,” I am sleeping over. I send the driver home. Sorry man, but you have to let me s-“ Before the male can even finish his speech, Chanyeol grabbed a pillow and threw it at his face. 

 

***

 

Joohyun was lining up as she waited for her turn to order her set lunch, when a familiar voice called out to her. Turning around, she broke into a smile at the sight of her friend, Jongdae, waving towards her as he approached her. “I didn’t know that your class end that late,” Jongdae commented, as he stood behind her.

 

“The teacher decided to drag the class,” she made a face, when she spotted Baekhyun walking from far, with Taeyeon beside him, her arm slung around his. Jongdae followed her gaze, and he cleared his throat awkwardly,” Did you hear about the recent news in school?”

 

The latter shook her head, while looking at Jongdae,” Why? Did a new couple popped out or did some random people hooked up and got pregnant?”

 

“The first one. Some rumours are going around the whole school that Taeyeon and Baekhyun are like a thing now, and he confessed to her and she accepted,” he replied, while looking towards the couple that was approaching them.

 

Joohyun frowned slightly, not being jealous but more of curious. She thought that Taeyeon didn’t like nerd guys,, or whatsoever, and Baekhyun is considered as one in the school. “That’s good. Don’t worry, Jongdae. I don’t carry feelings anymore. It is time for me to forget about it.”

 

“I am glad to hear that, because I honestly cannot stand the sight of you breaking down because of him, honestly,” Jongdae let out a sigh. Just as Joohyun was about to talk about something else, another voice intruded in.

 

“Oh my, Joohyun-ssi! How is your shoulder? I am so sorry about the whole freak accident! I swear, I had no idea that it will be this bad, and freaky like when I heard that your shoulder was injured, I felt really bad. I didn’t mean to harm you at all. I just wanted to like save the ball,” Taeyeon exclaimed, as she stood In front of the two friends, wiith Baekhyun beside her, shifting his feet awkwardly.

 

Joohyun glanced from Baekhyun, to their arms, and to Taeyeon,” I am fine, and I am sorry about your ankle. Although I can’t understand how that was saving the ball, but I guess, to people like you who don’t really care about the sports, it is considered as saving the ball.”

 

“You are so funny. Isn’t she, Baek-ah?” Taeyeon laughed, while glancing at the latter beside her. Baekhyun just cracked a small smile, and she added on,” Aren’t you both like best friends?”

 

Joohyun’s face pained for a second, before shaking her head,” Actually, no. We are not best friends now. We decided to just stay as friends, instead of best friends.”

 

“Why? Oh, is it because of me? I am sorry, but I d-“

 

“It isn’t about you, and I am pretty sure it is about her,” Baekhyun cut her off, while looking at Taeyeon. Joohyun then scoffed softly,” Totally it wasn’t about you. I am pretty sure that why we made such a decision is because things couldn’t click between us, and we decided to end it.”

 

Baekhyun then faced his ex-best friend, and spoke,” And I am glad that it was the right decision.”

 

Taeyeon threw looks from Joohyun, to Baekhyun and smirked slightly. Her plan was working, and she was happy that it was working. “Look, I don’t want thin-“

 

“Don’t worry, it has nothing to do with you,” Joohyun silenced her, before turning around to move along the queue. Taeyeon then nodded her head, before saying,” Since you both don’t really want to be friends, let me announce a good news.”

 

Jongdae raised an eyebrow, wondering what tricks Taeyeon had up her sleeves. For sure, the cheerleader captain is one sly girl, with full of tricks.

 

“Baekhyun and I are dating.”

 

Then, the whole cafeteria went silence as students around the table, at corners, behind the counters turned around and looked at the couple. Baekhyun then blushed slightly due to the sudden attention on him, as he looked at his girlfriend. Taeyeon was smiling happily, while looking right at the shocked expression on Joohyun’s face.

 

Jongdae then frowned slightly, as he glanced around him. He had no idea how the whole cafeteria could had heard it unless- Oh. It was obviously one of Taeyeon’s trick to speak loudly out of the blue to get everyone’s attention. But the strange thing was that she announced it only in front of Joohyun, but not right in the morning along the hallway.

 

“Congratulations then,” he laughed awkwardly, still looking around him before throwing a look at Joohyun. The latter wasn’t really in a right state of mind, because was dropped open slightly

 

He then nudged her slightly,” Joohyun, are you okay?”

 

“I-I am f-fine,” she stuttered, while regaining her composure. She then cracked a smile, while holding her hand out towards Taeyeon,” Congratulations then. I hope that the both you will last long.”

 

Taeyeon then returned the handshake, before adding sheepishly,” I know this might sound really rude but do you sincerely wish me that?”

 

“S-Sorry?”

 

Joohyun stared at Taeyeon, with puzzled eyes and Baekhyun frowned slightly. His girlfriend’s question and statement were weird, and he threw a look at Joohyun.

 

“I know this may sound really absurd but I heard from one of my team mates, that you have a crush on my boyfriend and your blessings just now sound fake.”

 

Jongdae widened his eyes, and so did Baekhyun. The taller male looked at Joohyun, who took a step backwards in surprise. “Joohyun,” he called out while grabbing her elbow.

 

“I don’t know whether it is true because it is your story, and if I am spouting nonsense, I am so sorry but that person told me you have a crush on Baekhyun ever since young. Since he likes me, is this why you have been treating me this cold whenever you see me?” Taeyeon questioned even further, while smirking on the inside. She was winning and she was going to tear Joohyun’s pride apart.

 

Baekhyun then forced a laugh,” That’s ridiculous. Why will she like me? We alwa-“

 

“It is not a surprise, since both of you were best friends before. Best friends tend to like one another, and I heard it was an unrequited love produced by Joohyun. I am really sorry if this is nonsense, but I am being protective and also curious. I don’t like girls liking my current boyfriend now, and neither do I like to wrongly accuse people, Joohyun.”

 

Jongdae then laughed it off,” That is ridiculous. I am pretty sure that she never li-“

 

“You weren’t her friend previously, and based on my judgement, she hardly makes friends. Kim Jongdae, don’t interfere. I need to know the truth, because I want to settle this. Baekhyun is now mine, and you, Seo Joohyun, has to keep your eyes off him,” Taeyeon warned.

 

The whole school was silent, as they watched the scene unfold before them. It was like a drama, and this drama had too popular girls involved. Furthermore, everyone knows that Joohyun and Baekhyun are best friends, or were, there is a chance that she does like him.

 

Baekhyun then shook his head,” This is stupid. Taeyeon, there is nothing to be jealous about. You got my heart, and nothing will happen. I am pretty sure that she doesn’t like me, for that and whoever you told you that was stupid. Let’s go, come on.”

 

“No. I want to hear it from her. Her true words, along with sincere blessings. I like Baekhyun, and I don’t like to see other people crushing on him. He is mine, and I am asking, does Joohyun-ssi likes Baekhyun?” Taeyeon asked, raising her voice higher. 

 

 


[  A/N ] so, i am back with another chapter. this is a prety long update, but i guess i wnated to make the ending a cliffhanger like how Joohyun is going to react or respond to Tayeon's sudden question, and who knows, maybe she did tell the truth or hide it. i don't know, so subscribe and find out in the next chapter :) thank you to those who had subscribed, and upvoted! please do check out my other seohan story, 'Marry Me', which is will be not a really long one bu a great one. uhm, also apologising for the super late updates because i have like classes everyday till evening, and adding on the huge pile of homework and tests, ugh, really hate my new school life but gotta hang on! sorry guys, but please carry on to support <3

 

_insanegirl_