038

Crazy In Love

Shawn Mendes & Hailee Steinfeld - Stitches (Acoustic)
http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=TObtwHlfLFk#Shawn_Mendes_%26_Hailee_Steinfeld_-_Stitches_(Acoustic)


In the previous chapter... 

 

“Right. Yixng, do you know who the host is by any chance?” Joohyun stared at him, as he looked backed at her.

He then replied, “Do you want the truth or what?”

“Yixing!” Yoona exclaimed, as Joohyun glanced between the both of them. Shaking her head, she then asked, “W-What are you guys hiding from me?”

Yoona glared at the Chinese male, who was wearing a blank expression. “I don’t want to lie to you anymore, Joohyun. This party is held by somebody that we all know, and the reason we hid it is because we wanted to surprise you.”

“S-Surprise?”

Yixing then stated, “Yes, surprise. Luhan. Luhan is the host of this party and he has invited all of us to attend.”

 

Joohyun stared at Yixing and Yoona, who were looking back at her with worried eyes as the latter has not said anything for the past fifteen minutes ever since they had entered the restaurant. “Joohyun, are you alright? You seemed so out of it.”

“I-I am fine. I am just trying to understand it like the whole party thingy,” Joohyun frowned slightly, as she looked at the enclosed pink envelope before her eyes. “Like, why wasn’t there any name on the card that was sent to our family? D-Did he did it on purpose or something like that?”

Yoona shook her head, as she tried to reassure her, “It is definitely not that case! It was probably just left out among hundreds of the cards that was on the list. It is definitely not on purpose.”

“Joohyun, I didn’t mean to actually scare you but I have my own reasons for doing so. I didn’t see a point in hiding from you, and I never agreed with the rest of them but you have to understand, we are doing it for your own good. This party isn’t going to be a happy ending, and I really think that you shouldn’t go,” Yixing stated firmly, yet bluntly while staring at his friend.

Yixing didn’t want to see Joohyun breaking down in front of the entire crowd just because of him. He didn’t want to see Joohyun crying for him. It wasn’t worth it if she finds out.

“W-Why?”

The Chinese latter replied, “Because you will start to realize the other side of Luhan, and it is scary and frightening.”

Joohyun then furrowed her eyebrows together, while trying to comprehend her friend’s words, “What do you mean ‘the other side’? How does he has two sides to him? I mean, there has always been one side that I kn-“

“That’s the point. You don’t want to see the second side of him.”

“But I want to. Now that you said it, I want to fall in love with every part of him. If this party means that he is going to be a different person, I will still attend because I like him, and I will like everything about him.”

Yixing then frowned slightly, “Even if he hurts you?”

“Yes,” she whispered without any hesitation, while staring at her two friends. “I have to see him with my own eyes.”

 

That very night, Joohyun sat on her bed as she stared at her phone, as her finger hovered above the ‘send’ button. She wanted so badly to send him a message to tell him about her whereabouts, but she remembered Yixing’s words, and she felt a chill down her spine.

To: Luhan

Hey, I am attending a party tomorrow and I am hoping to see you. I don’t know but I miss you so badly. I hope that we can meet up to talk about things. Will you be there?

Shutting her eyes tightly, she pressed the ‘send’ button, and let out a shaky breath. She knew she wasn’t going to receive any forms of reply but she wanted to try. She wanted so desperately just to hear something from him. Anything, just something.

Throwing her phone aside, she stared out of her window before sighing again. “I need to see you, Luhan. I don’t care how many sides you have, I will definitely like all of them so please, please, just show up.”

“Hey darling,” a familiar voice called out, and Joohyun turned her head just to see her father standing at the entrance of her room.

“Dad!”

Mr.Seo chuckled, as he walked towards her before taking a seat on her bed before her. He then smiled at her contentedly, before reaching to hold her hand, “I can’t wait tomorrow’s party because I can finally dance with my daughter, who I have not seen for many months.”

“I can’t wait for it too. How have you been?”

“Fine. Signing deals, and making contracts have always been part of my life. How have you been? I heard from your Grandmother that you have paid her a visit with a group of friends, and a boyfriend. Has he been treating you well? Did he hurt you? Do I have to use a shotgun?”

Joohyun laughed, “No, you don’t have to Dad! Everything is fine for now. He is here in Shanghai too, and I am hoping to see him tomorrow at the party.”

“Hmm, do introduce me to him because I have to access him myself if he wants to be my son-in-law,” her dad grinned cheekily, before letting out a sigh. “You look so much like your mother that is so frightening yet amazing. It always seemed as if I get to see her again, touch her, and yet, it seemed so surreal because she isn’t here.”

Joohyun then gave a small smile, “Dad. Maybe you head to grave after this week or something, and maybe spend a few hours talking to her. You know that she can hear us, right?”

“I know, but it is so hard, darling. Your mother is an amazing woman and I think that I may have wronged her in a few ways but I definitely do treasure her. You grew up to be exactly like her and I know that you will have the same strength as her. You are definitely like her in all ways,” Mr.Seo gave a sad smile.

Reaching into his pocket, he then pulled out a box. “This is from your mother, and I think that she wants you to have it when you get married. But seeing you today, I think that you deserve it now. Honey, this is from your mother.”

Joohyun reached for the box, and opened it. Letting out a gasp, she glanced at her father and then back at the jewellery in the box, “T-This is beautiful.” It was a necklace, a silver necklace which has a pendant with the letter ‘J’ curved in an elegant manner. In between the curved letter, was a heart-shaped diamond.

“It was designed by your mother when you were born. She spent most of time sketching the perfect pendant for you, and had it made personally. It is one of the kind. The patterns on the letter, and the words written on the diamond, it is all meant for you,” Mr.Seo smiled.

Joohyun then flipped the pendant behind, just to see the cursive words behind.

My Joohyun.

“M-Mum did it? It is definitely beautiful,” she whispered, as her father reached for it. Standing up, he approached the back of her and said, “Wear it to the party tomorrow. I am sure your mother will like to show you off.”

Clipping the necklace, Mr.Seo then bent and kissed his daughter’s forehead, “And so do I. You are our Joohyun.”

 

***

“I don’t think it is necessary for me to wear so much make-up,” Joohyun shook her head, as she sat in Yoona’s dressing room along with Sooyeon and Yuri, who were all preparing themselves for the party.

Yoona rolled her eyes, she dabbed Joohyun’s cheek with powder blush. “It isn’t even heavy. Look, this colour is perfect for your skin tone. Rose Aux Joues. It suits you.”

“I know, but I don’t usually wear s-“

“We are going to show off tonight, so no arguments,” Yoona hushed the girl, as she proceeded to draw the eyeliner and the eyeshadow.

Joohyun then widened her eyes in surprise, “Y-Yoona! Why is the eyeshadow b-“

“It matches your gown. Sweetie, do you have any idea that the gown which you have purchased is totally your style. It is black, and I am going to make you the prettiest girl tonight. Black eyeshadow that is not black, and eyeliner. Rosy cheeks, that aren’t too heavy. Lastly, the red lipstick.”

Joohyun shook her head, “T-That is too bright!”

“It looks good on you,” Sooyeon smiled, as she winked at her friend from her seat as a make-up stylist did her make-up. Yoona then grinned, “My skills aren’t that bad.”

Yuri then chuckled,” Yoona, have you ever think about being a make-up stylist?”

“Maybe. I thought about it,” Yoona shrugged, as she proceeded with the mascara. “Don’t move, sweetie,” she cooed, as she bent down slightly, and began to do Joohyun’s eyelashes.

Sooyeon then smiled, “I don’t mind working with you for the launch of my fashion show. I need make-up stylists to do my models’ make-up.”

“I don’t mind. I can help out although I don’t think it is good though.”

The make-up stylist, who was doing Yuri’s face, cleared , “Miss.Im, I think you are professional at it. Not many make-up stylist have been able to bring out a lady’s elegance and look before just by the outfit. It takes a lot of learning to actually master the skill, and tonight, you definitely brought Miss.Seo’s elegance!”

“You think so? Do you think she can capture everybody’s attention tonight?”

“Definitely,” the rest in the room chorused, as Yoona grinned at Joohyun, “Just not Yixing, okay?” Joohyun laughed, as Yoona took a step back to admire her work.

She then sighed, “You look perfect. Now, the only thing that is left is your hair. I shall leave it to the hair stylist. Please do something to her hair that will scream ‘y’ tonight.”

“Yoona!” Joohyun shrieked, as the rest laughed.

The hair stylist chuckled, “That is not a problem.”

Half an hour later, the four girls exited from their changing rooms and glanced at one another. “You look amazing!” they exclaimed towards one another.

Yoona was dressed in a two-piece Calvin Klein collection gown which showed off her slim stomach. Light pink lipstick, along with slight grey eyeshadow, and black eyeliner, she was perfect. Her shoulder-length hair was curled from her fringe downwards, tainted with dark brown highlights.

Yoona glanced down at her foot and grumbled, “It was pointless to buy the pair of nice shows. it isn’t even showing.” The rest laughed, as Yoona began to grumble softly to herself.

Sooyeon was wearing a white Emili Pucci gown, along with a pair of Mary Jane patent pumps and a simple clutch bag which completed her outfit. No eyeshadow, and slight eyeliner, along with her orangey lipstick with gloss, her make-up was perfect. Her fringe was pinned up in two sides and her long hair was curled slightly, that flowed down her shoulders. Her dangling earrings complimented her dress, and her shoes was able to bring out the main colours of her dress: white and black.

“You know, I think your shoes are really pretty unlike mine,” Yoona pointed out, as she glared at Sooyeon’s shoes and then at her covered ones. Joohyun then chuckled, “Told you before that you don’t need to choose a nice pair of shoes, but you insisted.”

Yoona sighed in frustration, while Yuri winked at Sooyeon, “I think you will look even better on your wedding day. I can’t wait to see Yifan’s reaction later. His jaw is going to drop.”

“Is his tie going to match? Oh my gosh, I forget to tell my brother that his tie sh-“ Yoona began to ramble as she rushed to her purse to search for her phone, as the others watched in amusement.

Sooyeon then teased, “Yifan’s tie is white in colour like my dress.”

“Don’t push it, Jung Sooyeon,” Yoona glared at her friend, as she frantically dialled her brother’s number.

As for Yuri, she wore a Salvatore Ferragamo’s royal blue gown that flowed perfectly. The back of her dress exposed her back, as her curls covered it. lipstick, and eyeliner, her circled earring hung from her ears, as it hung from it, freely. Matching her white-pearl teeth, Yuri was simply outstanding.

“Ha! Your shoes are covered too,” Yoona grinned widely, as she pointed towards her friend’s covered legs. Yuri then rolled her eyes, “My shoes were never meant to show off anyway.”

Yoona clicked her tongue, as she sighed, “My brother is not picking up.”

“Yuri, who is your date anyway?” Sooyeon stared at her friend with curiosity, who simply shrugged her shoulders. “My brother’s friend.”

The three girls raised their eyebrows, and she shook her head, “No feelings. He needed a date and so do I.”

“Right,” Yoona sang, as she winked at her friend.

Lastly, Joohyun. She was wearing a Zuhair Marad long laced gown that flows out from her waist. The gown was beautifully designed, and sewn. It showed off Joohyun’s curves, and her long legs perfectly, as her black eyeshadow and eyeliner matches her gown. The red lipstick brought her elegance even further, and the earrings hanging from her ear just made her even prettier. Her hair was perfectly done into a bun, with the two messy curls from the side hanging down. Her bun was messy yet neat, her front was styled in a messy manner.

“And, you look the best,” Yoona broke into an immediate smile as she held her friend’s hands while smiling at her. “You are going to make Luhan cry what he has lost by flying off without telling us.”

Sooyeon then added in, “I am betting that all the guys will be looking at her tonight except for my date.”

“And her own date,” Yoona added while shooting a look at Joohyun, who was laughing at her friend’s antics.

Yuri then grinned, “Let’s just have fun tonight, okay? I think I shall start looking for a man too.” “You better start before you are left on the shelf,” Yoona teased, as she slung her arm around Yuri’s, as Joohyun and Sooyeon slung arms around one another.

“Shall we go then?”

 

Yixing’s eyes widened at the sight of his date, while gaping, “W-Wow, Joohyun, you look amazing in that gown of yours.”

“Thank you,” she smiled, as she wore the red rose bracelet around her wrist, while glancing around her surroundings. They were still in Yoona’s house, but she can’t help but feel jittery. “Have you seen Yoona’s one?”

The Chinese male broke into a smile that showed his two dimples, “Yeah, and I am struck. I am sorry, Joohyun, but she has definitely caught my heart tonight.”

“Don’t worry, I had no plans of snatching that position at all. Not even in a million,” she smiled as she spotted Yoona at the other end of the living room, as she bickered with her brother over the flowers.

Yixing then glanced at Yoona, before looking back at Joohyun, “Are you ready for tonight’s party? No pressure but I just don’t want to feel all weird all of a sudden. I know that there will be many people who are turning up, but most of them are just business partners of the Xi’s family.”

“I know. I am just excited to see Luhan. I just want to speak to him,” Joohyun mumbled, as she adjusted the bracelet on her wrist again. Yixing then reached forward and helped her tilt the flower to a certain angle.

He then muttered, “I don’t think you will be in the end.”

 

Joohyun gasped softly as Yixing and she entered the ballroom. Yixing chucked in amusement, “I warned you, didn’t I?”

“Yes but I never expected it to be such a grand one though,” she murmured, just as Yuri stood beside her, with her date.

The tanned latter shoot her a wink, “And Sooyeon won that bet of hers. Just look at all the men on the floor. They are literally ignoring their dates, just for you.”

“Don’t say that, Yuri! They aren’t, look, they are still smiling at their own dates,” Joohyun shook her head in denial, as her friends giggled at the sight of the naive Joohyun.

As they walked down the stairs to the sides of the ballroom, Joohyun could feel tons of stares on her along with whispers.

“She looks exactly like her late mother. Beautiful and elegant. Her traits could be seen in her daughter’s.”

“Look at that dress. She is the only one who can pull of such a look. It looks extremely beautiful on her. Oh my, isn’t that Zhang Yixing, the new CEO of the Zhangs’ Enterprise? Are the both of them dating?”

“No way. I thought I could stand a chance with Yixing but just look at Mr.Seo’s daughter. She is flawless.”

Joohyun blushed slightly, as Yixing laughed, “Do you ever attend parties?”

“No, unless my presence is strongly required then yes. Most of the time are my parents,” she sighed, as they approached the drinks section. Yixing then grabbed a glass of cocktail for Joohyun, and a glass of red wine for himself.

He then held the glass out, “Cheers.”

As their glasses hit against one another gently, Sooyeon and Yifan approached them, with Yifan’s arm wrapped around Sooyeon’s waist protectively. “Hello, my dear friends. The both of you look extremely matching tonight.”

Sooyeon with her white dress, and Yifan’s in his black suit and white tie. This couple was simply outstanding.

Yifan then smirked, “I can’t help it. We just look too good together.”

“Egoistic,” Yixing coughed, as he glanced around before looking back at the couple, “When is it going to be your turn, my friend, to announce your engagement?”

Yifan then shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know. When we feel like. Probably after graduation or something.”

“Will you be coming back to Beijing?”

“No, Sooyeon is moving to Los Angeles to focus on her career and I might join her since the family business is in Canada. It is close by,” Yifan shook his head, while sipping his glass of wine. Yixing nodded his head, and asked, “Have you seen Luhan?”

Yifan shook his head, and the latter sighed, “His parents?”

“Not really. They have not make their appearance yet.”

Yixing then glanced towards Joohyun, and Sooyeon, who were in deep conversation and sighed, “Do you have your own suspicions for tonight’s party?”

“I do have, but I can’t state it out. It is definitely dangerous and I have no plans of hurting Joohyun in this manner. I believe letting her to hear it from him is better than us though I am hoping that my suspicions are wrong,” Yifan murmured.

Just then, Chanyeol and his sister joined the two men as he exclaimed, “Yifan! Yixing!”

The two men turned their heads and smiled at the sight of Chanyeol’s sister, who they have hardly seen, “Noona!”

“Oh my, all of you are growing up too fast. I can’t believe it, Yifan, you are too tall again and Yixing, you are just too handsome,” his sister gasped at the sight of the two boys, before embracing them. “It is nice to meet the both of you again.” Y

Yixing then smiled, “It is nice to meet you too, noona. How is life?”

“Great. My husband is managing the company really well, and I am expecting,” she grinned, as she rubbed her stomach, which was barely even huge. Chanyeol then smiled, as he threw his arm around his sister’s shoulder.

Yifan then held his hand out, “Congratulations, I can’t wait to see your child.”

“And I can’t wait to be an uncle,” Chanyeol piped, before calling out the two men’s dates, “Sooyeon! Joohyun! Come over and meet my sister.”

Chanyeol’s sister peeked slightly and widened her eyes, “Sooyeon! Oh my, you have grown prettier. And you must be Joohyun, it is such a pleasure to meet you. I am Chanyeol’s sister.”

“Greetings,” Joohyun bowed, as she paused, wondering how to address his sister, when Chanyeol’s sister laughed, “Just call me eonnie. It is fine. You are so beautiful, don’t tell me that Yixing is the lucky guy?”

Yixing and Joohyun began to shake their heads, while laughing, “Definitely not. We just didn’t have dates and decided to come as friends.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I am actually wooing another girl in fact,” Yixing added with a twinkle in his eyes, as Joohyun nodded, “And I am here to look for another guy.”

Chanyeol’s sister then sighed in content, “I miss the olden days’ romance. It brings back a lot of memories. Oh, our parents are calling for us. I shall head back first. Yeol, stay here and talk to your friends. I will meet you later. It was nice meeting all of you. We will talk later as my parents are calling for me.”

With that, Chanyeol’s sister strode off towards their parents as Sooyeon sighed, “She never change. Still that elegant, and matured figure.”

“She looks like you,” Joohyun commented, as she faced Chanyeol. The taller male then shrugged his shoulders, “Such a bother, right? But I can’t help it when I am obviously the better looking one.”

His friends just laughed in amusement.

Just then, the front doors of the ballroom opened and a couple, in their late fifties strode in, hand in hand, as the guests began to make way. Yixing then leaned closer towards Joohyun, and mumbled, “Mr and Mrs.Xi.”

Joohyun watched the couple made their way to the stage in silence, as she held her breath. She couldn’t believe that she was finally meeting Luhan’s parents, even though it was in such a condition.

Mr.Xi tapped against the microphone, as he cleared his throat, “Good evening all ladies and gentlemen. It is definitely an honour to have all of you to attend this party tonight, and I thank each and every one of you. Tonight, this party is to announce my official retirement from the company. I am getting old and I don’t think have the energy to run this business again. Which is why, this party is to not only declare my retirement, but to also, welcome the new CEO of the business. My one and only son, Luhan.”

The guests began clapping as a young fine man, dressed in black suit and a black tie, entered the ballroom as he bowed towards the guests along the way, making his way towards the stage where his parents were standing. 

“Luhan,” Joohyun whispered silently, as she caught sight of the familiar brown hair.

Mr.Xi then grasped Luhan’s shoulder tightly, as he smiled even wider, “And I am even pleased to announce that my son is engaged to the Parks’ family only daughter, Park Chorong. Please welcome my son’s fiancée.”  

The guests began to clap even harder, as Joohyun’s fingers loosened, as she dropped her grip from Yixing’s arm and stumbled back slightly.

“You got to be ing kidding me,” Chanyeol hissed under his breath, just as Sooyeon reached out to grab Joohyun, before she fall.

“Let me introduce, my future wife, Park Chorong,” Luhan’s warm voice echoed through her ears, as she watched a petite girl walking up the stage, as Luhan held his arms out to embrace her. “She is my future fiancée.” 

 


[ A/N ] okay, so how many og you guys are shocked? because I am. I have no idea what is going on but Luhan is crazy, right? I mean, getting engaged to another woman when his girlfriend is before him, there has to be some explanation! 

Anyway, i have enclosed the pictures of Joohyun, Yoona, Yuri and Sooyeon's dresses below along with Joohyun's hairstyle. Honestly, don't you think Seohyun needs to have better red carpet dresses because I really think she suits long-sleeved gowns and tied up buns. Like I could legit imagine her in the gown and hairstyle that i picked for her in this outfit, and it just screams 'y' for her. Messy bun and red lipstick, she will definitely capture the hearts of many people. Show your opinions of whether you think Seohyun needs better red carpet gowns and if yes, what kind do you want her to wear? 

Thank you guys for showing your support and please continue to do so! Pleaase do comment more to show your opinions, thank you!

insanegirl x

 

Sooyeon

 

Yoona's dress

 

Yuri

 

Joohyun's dress

Joohyun's hairstyle 

 

What do you think about Joohyun's dress? I think it is beautiful and it will really suit her a lot!