037

Crazy In Love

Olivia- Where Do I Go From Here
http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=cPkQlIBZgKw#Olivia-_Where_Do_I_Go_From_Here_(w%2F_Lyrics)


In the previous chapter...

“What the hell is this rascal doing?”

Yuri then grabbed the card and stared at her parents, “I will like to excuse myself. Don’t worry, I just need to study the details and contact my friends who are attending.”

“Don’t mess this up, Yuri,” her father stared at her coldly, before disappearing into his office. Her mother then sighed, “Just behave, Yuri.

“Don’t mess this up, Yuri.”

“Just behave, Yuri.”

I know. I am a disappointment. You don’t have to tell me straight in the face.

Yuri studied the card and sighed, “What are you thinking, Luhan?”

 

Joohyun was strumming her fingers against the table as she stared out of the window. It was lunch time yet she was sitting in the library, with her books open yet her mind drifting off to somewhere else. Just then, the soft screeching sound of the chair interrupted her thoughts and she turned her head.

Widening her eyes, she greeted the ‘intruder’ with surprise, “T-Taeyeon!”

“What’s with that look? I am just sitting down and furthermore, this is a public space for the students,” Taeyeon mumbled as she pull out a few books and a pen. Joohyun just chuckled softly before returning her gaze out of the window.

Taeyeon then said, “C-Can we talk?”

“Huh?” Joohyun stared at the latter with wide eyes and a confused expression, when Taeyeon gripped her pen tightly, “About us. Ever since that day, I have been thinking about what you said about your mother and the accident and the victim involved.”

Joohyun then smiled warmly, “It has been many years, Taeyeon and I have moved on. I know that you are blaming yourself of what you have done but I am not blaming you anymore. She did that out of her own will and I can understand. I don’t blame you at all, not even from the start.”

“Why not? I took your mother’s life away.”

“She was willing to do therefore, I don’t have the say in that, Taeyeon. It was nobody’s fault and nobody wanted that to happen. Stop blaming yourself. You were young and I am just proud of her. Please, stop blaming yourself,” Joohyun mumbled while staring at the book in front of her.

Taeyeon then bit her lips before saying, “C-Can I know more about your mother?”

“D-Definitely!” Joohyun looked up in surprise, to see the faint blush on her cheeks before breaking into a smile.

 

Yuri looked at Joohyun, who was poking around her meal as she stared into space. “Where were you during break time?” she asked Joohyun, as the others began to join them.

“I was in the library with Taeyeon.”

“Since when were you two like good friends?” Jongdae widened his eyes in surprise, as he sipped his drink before sinking his teeth into the meal.

Joohyun shrugged her shoulders, “We are not really like good friends. We are just on good terms and I guess, we kind of sort things out.”

“Did she hurt you?” Chanyeol questioned, as he glanced towards the other side of the cafeteria where Taeyeon was sitting. Joohyun shook her head, while chuckling, “We just talked.”

There was a few seconds of silence when Yifan spoke up, “J-Joohyun, have you received the invitation for the party?”

“The one that is being hosted in Shanghai? No. My father has not sent the details to me yet, I think but I will be meeting them in Shanghai anyway,” Joohyun looked at her friend, as the rest threw glances at one another.

Yifan then cleared his throat awkwardly, “I don’t think you should go to the party.”

“Why?” she asked, while raising an eyebrow. Joohyun then glanced around the table, and frowned, “I-Is there something wrong?”

Sooyeon then spoke up, “You won’t find him at the party.” As soon as she said that, everybody around the table turned their heads and looked at Sooyeon, who was staring directly at Joohyun.

“W-What do you mean?”

“Luhan won’t be there at the party. He isn’t even in Shanghai,” Sooyeon gritted through her teeth, as she glanced away, being unable to look at the broken expression that was expressed on Joohyun’s face.

Yifan furrowed his eyebrows together as he stared at his girlfriend with a blank look. ‘What on Earth is she talking about?’

“H-How do you know?” Joohyun whispered, her voice barely audible as she stared at her friend wit the fork clasped tightly within her grasp.

Sooyeon then bit her lips, “I heard. He isn’t in Shanghai.”

“Oh. I-I see.”

Jongdae then reached out and held Joohyun, “Hey, are you okay?”

“Yeah, but I am just trying to understand whatever is going on. Like, why isn’t he in Shanghai but somewhere else and how come I don’t receive any forms of message from him? But, don’t worry, I will still attend that party on behalf of my family’s name. It is a must for me to turn up,” Joohyun faked a smile, while placing the fork down. “Now, if you excuse me, I will like to head to class first.”

With that, she stood up, grabbed her bag and threw it over her shoulder before lifting the tray and headed towards the corner of the cafeteria to return it.

“What was that about, Sooyeon?” Kyungsoo stared at his friend with wide eyes, and Sooyeon just sighed while messing her hair, “It slipped, okay? I just didn’t want her to go and I thought if I told her that if he isn’t going to be there, she wouldn’t go there.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes in frustration, “But she is still going. This is going to be a serious problem. II don’t think she can handle it when she reaches there.”

“Which is why, we are going there to support her.”

 

***

“You do know that it was hard trying to reach you and even trying to meet you, right?” Yixing raised his eyebrow while sipping the cup of Jasmine tea. Placing it down, he stared at the male before him as he leaned back against the chair.

The host just smiled, “I know, but I can’t help it, Yixing. I am a busy man, right now. I have my priorities.”

“Really? Is she one of them then?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about, Yixing. Please do refrain from dragging personal affairs into work.”

Yixing then scoffed, “Work? I had no idea that you were such a professional. I guess I was wrong about all this long.”

“I afraid so too. My job here is to ensure that the business will prosper and remain number one in China. Is that wrong, my friend?”

“No, I share the same sentiments too but don’t push your luck, Luhan. You do know why I am here, and what I am going to talk about. Stop running around.”

Luhan just smiled, as he adjusted the sleeves of his suit while chuckling, “I have no idea what you are talking about. If it is about work, I will stay but if it anything else, I will take my leave then.” With that, he stood up and was about to walk away when Yixing called out.

“Don’t you want to know how she is doing? Don’t you want to see her again? Don’t you want to hold her again? Don’t you want to just talk to her again?” Yixing questioned, as he stared at the back of his friend’s head.

Luhan then replied bluntly, “She is the past, Yixing. If she can’t bring any form of success to this business, I don’t see a need why I need her. In fact, she is a girlfriend like you said before. In this world, there is no such thing love because it doesn’t even exist.”

“Fine, it doesn’t exist. Then, let me warn you. She will be coming on that day. She will be seeing you again and you are going to watch break into pieces. Let me warn you too, she isn’t going to be the girl you first met. She is going to find out every single thing on that day and she is going to change. Why must you do this, Luhan? Can’t you forgo this whole thing and just grab onto her like what I had told you to?”

“The relationship we had was too fragile. It was merely months of infatuation and I truly know where I stand and where she stands. In this world, people are supposed to break and change. In fact, this is just the beginning for her. I remember you told me to grab onto her, but she is just so slippery, why should I even hold on?”

Yiixng then clenched his fist, “Then I beg you, break her as harsh as you could so that the both of you will never have to cross paths again. Break her apart and just push her away. Don’t say anything that will give her hope.”

“I was planning to right from the start. I don’t see any point in pursuing such a relationship anymore.”

“True, you only had eyes for this right now. What could I have expect from you right now? Just know that the minute you let her go, you won’t be getting her back anymore. We are going to take her away from you and I am going to make sure she is going to find another guy. Don’t expect her to run back to you,” Yixing stated while standing up. “I am done here, and I am sorry for taking up your time for today, Luhan. I will see you again, at the party.”

With that, Yixing walked out of the office, leaving Luhan standing alone in the room as he stared at the door. He then calmly walked towards his desk and sat down on the chair, while staring into space before pulling open one of the drawers.

Lifting a picture of a familiar face, he shut his eyes and whispered, “I am sorry.”

 

Joohyun was sitting before her desk as she did her assignments. Just then, Sehun knocked against her door and entered with a grin, “Noona! Dad is on the line.”

“Really? Let me speak to him then.”

Joohyun reached for the phone and placed it by her ear, “Hello dad, how are you? I am good so far, just preparing exams and ready to become a doctor. Yes, I will be turning up. So, I will be meeting this Wednesday in Shanghai? No worries, Dad, I haven’t got a dress yet and I don’t mind shopping with mom for one.”

“Can we go?” Sehun asked from the side, as Jongin joined in as the boys sat on her bed, while staring at her with pleading eyes.

Joohyun then chuckled, before asking, “Dad, I will like Sehun and Jongin to take college entrance exams early, is that fine with you? Yes, I think they are capable enough to handle it and I will like to bring them to Shanghai. Let’s attend this party as a family, shall we?”

“Right, dad, do you know who is the host yet? Oh, some business partner? That’s fine, I was just asking around. Yes, see you in a few days’ time then,” she smiled before hanging up. Looking at her brothers, she then grinned,” During these few days, study hard and you are going to sit for the exams this Monday. We will fly off on Tuesday and reach Shanghai on Wednesday, attend the party on Saturday and leave on Sunday.”

Sehun and Jongin grinned at one another, “We won’t disappoint you, noona!” With that, they then rushed towards their room as she sat there, smiling to herself. Sighing softly, Joohyun turned around to face her books while grabbing her phone.

To: Luhan

Hey, I will be heading to Shanghai in a week’s time and I just wanted to tell you. I don’t know where you are right now but I really hope that you will call because I miss you. Oh yeah, I am going to sit for exams in like three weeks and it is really lonely without you. Where are you?

Pressing the ‘send’ button, Joohyun shut her eyes as she leaned back against her chair. ‘I have to find him. it has been a week and I haven’t heard from him yet. I have to find him. Luhan, where are you?’

 

The week passed by in a blink of an eye as Joohyun and her brothers stood in Shanghai Pudong International Airport, while looking around them. “So, where is dad and mom?” Jongin asked, as he leaned against Sehun casually.

“I don’t know, but they said they are here,” Joohyun mumbled, as she glanced down at her phone. Just then, familiar voices called out to them as the trio raised their heads and was surprised to see their parents walking towards them.

Joohyun then broke into a wider smile as she embraced her parents, “Dad! Mom!” Sehun and Jongin soon joined in the hug, as the family stood there for a few seconds. Pulling back, Mrs.Seo then held Joohyun’s hands, while looking at the two other boys.

“It has just been a few months and the three of you have grown a lot,” she cooed, before hugging Joohyun again.

Mr.Seo then chuckled, “I agree. The two of you have grown into fine men, and I am glad to hear the both of you maturing and walking down the same road as your sister.”

“Oh, dad, we couldn’t let noona do everything by herself and take credits right?” Jongin grinned, as he slung one arm around his father, and Sehun. Joohyun rolled her eyes, and muttered, “You haven’t received your results yet so do not act so high-and-mighty, young man.”

The family then broke into laughter, as Mr.Seo then cleared his throat. Two men from nowhere popped out and took the luggage from them, while another two stood around the family. “Mr.Seo, the car is ready. We can head back home right now.”

“Very well, then, let’s go,” Mr.Seo smiled, while holding hands with Mrs.Seo as the couple led their children toward the car.

Sehun then whispered to Joohyun, “Aren’t you excited? Luhan hyung may be here.”

“I supposed,” Joohyun just smiled before looking down at her phone to send a message to her friends, to inform them that she has arrived. In fact, the rest were coming over the next following days with their family.

 

Yifan then sighed as he held the phone, “She has arrived, Yixing. I think both Yoona and you can head towards Shanghai and meet up with her. Yeah, she just sent a message.” There was a few seconds of silence, as the latter mumbled, “I honestly have a bad feeling about this. D-Do you think it was a right choice to let her go?”

“Sooyeon is freaking out and Yuri is really panicking. I don’t think it was good idea to let her attend, Yixing. I know but what if she can’t handle it? What if she really breaks and everything is just gone? Do you even have a backup plan?”

Just then, Sooyeon entered the room as she stared at her boyfriend with her worried eyes. Yifan then sighed, before replying, “I hope so too. I hope Luhan knows what he is doing because he might just ruin everything. Yeah, I will see you on Friday then.” Yifan then hung up, as he walked towards Sooyeon and hugged her, placing his chin on her head.

“What is on your mind, sweetie?” he asked gently, as Sooyeon buried her face into his chest. She then returned her hug as tightly as she could.

“I don’t know, but I am really worried for Joohyun. Did you see that day when I told her Luhan may not be in Shanghai? It was as if her whole world was collapsing and this is scary, Yifan. I-I don’t want to see her break,” Sooyeon sighed.

Yifan then nodded his head, “I know but there is nothing that we can do. It is all in Luhan’s hands, and we are also going there to get some answers and also support Joohyun. Don’t worry.”

‘Luhan, you better have an answer when we get there because we are not going to accept a ‘I don’t know’ as an answer.’

 

***

“Yoona!” Joohyun exclaimed in glee as she rushed forward to embrace her friend, before pulling away. “How are you?”

The doed-eyed female smiled, “I am fine. How about you?”

“I am fine too. I am just waiting for my mother to arrive so that we will go dress-shopping later. Do you want to join us? Your mother can join along.”

Yoona grinned before nodding her head, “I would love to. Let’s grab the limelight on that very day. Right, have you see Yixing?”

“Yixing? He has arrived in Shanghai too?”

“Yeah, he told me he arrived last night around eleven. I think he is still at home. Don’t worry, we can call him out later,” Yoona smiled before reaching forward to clasp Joohyun’s hands. “I miss you so much and the rest. How are you guys?”

Joohyun smiled, as she squeezed her friend’s hand back, “We are great. All of us are preparing for exams and just studying. We miss you too, a lot.”

“Aww. So when are the rest coming?”

“Kyungsoo and Jongdae will be here in the evening, and then Chanyeol at around midnight with his family. Yuri is reaching tomorrow morning around three. Yifan and Sooyeon are coming in the late morning like ten,” Joohyun thought while mumbling out loud.

Yoona then sighed with content, “I can’t wait to catch up again. It felt like years since the last time I saw you guys. We have to look the best on that very night.”

“Oh, Yoona, do you know the host is for that very party?” Joohyun asked, as she sipped her cup of coffee, as she glanced around the café.

Yoona froze for a second as she realized that Joohyun had no idea who was hosting the party and this clearly meant trouble. “Y-You have no idea who it is?”

“No, my parents didn’t talk about it and so did the rest. I am just wondering since this is going to be such a grand party,” Joohyun shrugged her shoulders, and Yoona’s face fell for a second before putting on a fake smile.

“I have no idea either. I guess we need to wait till this Saturday then. Come on, let’s go shopping and ask our mothers to find us later, shall we?”

 

Yoona gasped out loud, as she walked towards Joohyun, “You have to get this dress. it is beautiful on you.”

“Oh my, you look lovely, my darling,” Mrs.Seo gushed along as she twirled her daughter around. Joohyun then looked at herself in the mirror, and studied her features. The Zuhair Murad evening gown has indeed brought out her beauty simply, and it was simple yet elegant.

“It is beautiful on you, my dear!” Yoona’s mother complimented too, as Joohyun blushed slightly. She has been a fan of Zuhair Murad’s gowns for most of the gowns’ designs has been beautifully and carefully designed that it brought out the person’s inner elegance and beauty simply.

Joohyun then smiled at the sight of her reflection and the black gown that was on her. “I will like to take this gown then,” she looked at her mother, who nodded her head in approval.

“All we need now is a hair stylist and a make-up stylist. We are going to steal the spotlight.”

A few minutes later, Joohyun and Yoona were walking along the streets of Shanghai as they glanced into branded shops, looking for the shoes to match their gowns. “You know, you can go the party as Yixing’s date,” Yoona commented, and Joohyun turned her head around to look at her.

Yoona then shrugged her shoulders, “Well, Yixing was invited with his parents and a date. Look, I know what you are thinking but it is only a party and he needs to bring one. I am going as my brother’s date. Yifan and Sooyeon. Chanyeol and his sister.”

“W-What about the others like Kyungsoo?”

Yoona then grinned, “They got themselves all a date. Just a girl. Even your brothers have found one.”

“My brothers have a date?”

“Yes. It is just a party and it will bring no harm. Furthermore, you are totally compatible with Yixing on that night!”

Joohyun then stared at her friend, and frowned, “I don’t mind being his date but, y-you like him.” There was a few seconds of silence, as Yoona stared at Joohyun.

“H-How did you know?”

Joohyun then chuckled, as she dragged her friend, “Well, it was obvious enough to me though. Won’t you be jealous or something?”

“No. I have no plans of confessing to him at all. He sees me as friend. Anyway, you have to be Yixing’s date, okay?”

“Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“Fine, I will be his date but you got to promise me something. After this party and everything, you are going to tell him your true feelings. Stop hiding them, Yoona. I am pretty sure he has the same feelings for you,” Joohyun grinned at her friend, who was blushing sightly.

Yoona then rolled her eyes as they entered a random shoe shop, “Pretty sure he doesn’t. I don’t even understand why the host has to be so ugh, like he stated clearly to bring a date. Like what?”

“Really? That’s strange. I wonder what kind of party it is.”

“I wonder what the hell he is doing.”

“He?” Joohyun frowned as she looked at her friend, who was busy looking at the shoes. Yoona then hummed in response, “Huh?”

Joohyun then echoed, “He. You said ‘he’.”

“I did? I guess it is a slip then. Oh, look, this shoes totally match my dress, doesn’t it?” Yoona shrugged her shoulders, as she held out a pair of white high heels, turning around to face Joohyun, who was looking at her with a weird expression.

She then raised an eyebrow, “What?”

“Are you hiding something from me?”

“No. What could I hide from you?”

Joohyun then shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know. I j-“

“Seo Joohyun!” a familiar voice called out as both girls turned around, and widened their eyes in surprise to see Yixing standing behind them with his phone in his hand, as he grinned at them.

Yoona then smiled, “Yixing! Such a surprise to see you here.”

“Same here,” he returned the warm smile, before glancing at the shoes in her hands. “Have the both of you found your dress?”

The girls nodded their heads, and Yixing sighed, “That’s fast. I thought I can wander around before finding the both of you.”

“How did you even find us?” Joohyun asked, and Yiixng blushed sightly as he waved his phone. “I kind of tracked Yoona’s phone.”

The two girls stared at him, and he sighed, “Long story. So, can we grab a coffee now? I have to find a date for myself.”

“I found one for you!” Yoona grinned widely, as she shoved Joohyun to the front. “You are bringing Joohyun to the party as your date.”

Yixing stared at Joohyun who returned the same look, before shaking his head, “I can’t. She is Luhan’s.”

“So? It is just a party. He wanted us to bring a date, so bring her.”

“How about you?”

“I am going with my brother.”

Yixing stared at Yoona silently, as the two made silent exchanges. Joohyun just stared at the two of them suspiciously, knowing that they were hiding something from her.

“Joohyun, would you do the honours by coming to this party as my date?” Yixing looked at her, and held his hand out while smiling warmly. “As a friend, of course. Your boyfriend’s best friend will like to bring you to this party.”

Joohyun glanced at Yoona, who nodded her head supportively, “I will like to, and thank you, Yixing and Yoona. But, really you two should just get together.”

The two of them then blushed, as Yoona turned around and pretended to be interested in the shoes. Yixing then rubbed his neck awkwardly, before clearing his throat, “So, I will pick you up at 6 on that day.”

“Right. Yixng, do you know who the host is by any chance?” Joohyun stared at him, as he looked backed at her.

He then replied, “Do you want the truth or what?”

“Yixing!” Yoona exclaimed, as Joohyun glanced between the both of them. Shaking her head, she then asked, “W-What are you guys hiding from me?”

Yoona glared at the Chinese male, who was wearing a blank expression. “I don’t want to lie to you anymore, Joohyun. This party is held by somebody that we all know, and the reason we hid it is because we wanted to surprise you.”

“S-Surprise?”

Yixing then stated, “Yes, surprise. Luhan. Luhan is the host of this party and he has invited all of us to attend.”

 


[ A/N ]  OMG hi guys! I am like so excited for the next few chapters that I am going to update over the next few weeks because I just got a good feeling about it :) and here is another chapter for you guys ((cries)) TEASER: I am actually working on this current chapter and I am having some writer’s breakdown. Not a mental block but an ending block. I just can’t wait to finish writing it up and publish it :)))

Also, please stay tuned for my next blog subscription :3 it is going to be talking about the release of my new story that is going to be published soon, but I am going to keep you guys in suspense. And, I actually think that my couple for that story is going to be good but I’m afraid some of you guys will be unhappy with it. Please understand that isn’t some kind of favouritism but because that couple speaks a lot to me and the male is so so so suitable for it.

Another update is that please do check out my SeoEXO Compilations during the weekend because I am going to post this one-shot that has actually popped up in my mind and I am going to start working on it tonight. KEYWORDS: ONE-SHOT! so do wait for the update :))

Lastly, thank you everybody for being so supportive of this story and showing so much love for it. In fact, I might actually speed up the updating process per week when things are settling down for me. Thank you guys and i simply love you all <3

 

insanegirl x