026

Crazy In Love

Demi Lovato - Nightingale

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=pkqsqWcdih4#Demi_Lovato_-_Nightingale_(Official_Video)


In the previous chapter...

 

The next morning, the huge group of them was standing at the entrance with huge luggage. Madame.Seo then sighed,” The time pass so fast. Please do drop by and visit this old lady again. And my dear children, take good care of yourselves, okay?”

“I will miss you,” Joohyun mumbled, while embracing her grandmother another time. Madame.Seo then patted her back, and chuckled,” I will too. Come here, you two.” She then hugged her two other grandsons, before bidding the rest a goodbye.

Yifan and Sooyeon, who were holding hands said,” We got to go too. Our plane is in four hours, and we need to start heading to the airport.”

“Have a safe flight there,” Chanyeol wished them, and so did the others as they watched the couple boarded a black car, as it disappeared down the driveway.

Yoona then looked at the others,” Let’s head to Seoul then, and get ready for school.” The huge group of them then sighed restlessly, as they boarded the cars which will bring them back to Seoul. 

 

Things went by in a breeze, as Joohyun found herself settling down in front of her study table while staring at her open textbook, while tapping her finger against her ceramic cup. Just then, a knock sounded and she lifted her head while clearing ,” Yeah?”

“Noona,” the familiar voice sounded, and the door opened just to reveal Sehun standing at the entrance of her room door. “Dinner’s ready.” Joohyun nodded her head in response, and he carried on,” Do you need a shot of espresso later on?”

Joohyun shook her head while standing up,” No, it isn’t needed. I am going to turn in early anyway.” Sehun then laughed, as he gestured towards the ground floor, while shouting for Jongin to come out for his room for dinner.

“How’s school?” the older latter asked, as she sat down while glancing at her two brothers. Jongin, who was messing his hair and letting out a loud yawn,” I am tired.”

Joohyun then raised an eyebrow at Sehun, who was chuckling,” He has some extra classes this week, since the examinations are coming up.”

“You know, the both of you don’t need to force yourselves to accommodate to studying, and then neglect about your own passion. If the both of you prefer to become an artist than a CEO or something, then just go ahead. I mean, passion is more important and Dad will be fine with it,” she said, while looking at her two brothers seriously.

Jongin then frowned,” What are you talking about? The both of us have responsibilities to take over the business, and we know about it. Furthermore, being an artist can’t really go that far because it is only a few years of fame and glory, and next, you will be just a normal person on the streets.”

“Also, who is going to take over Dad’s business if we don’t? You are handling the medical side, which is good which is why between us, he needs to take something related to something, like Finance,” Sehun added along, while chewing on the kimchi.

Joohyun remained silent, and then she asked,” Do you two even what business Dad even has? Finance which is stocks and investments and then there is Fashion, a chain of fashion events along with shops and one of you have to be a designer. Do you understand the importance when you don’t have the passion in this path?”

“Passion for that can come later. Noona, you don’t have to worry. Even though we are only in high school, we fully understand our positions, and we know what to do. Dancing doesn’t mean the whole world to us either, and one day or not, we have to stop dancing. Also, so what if we enter the audition and pass it? The path to become an artist is long and painful, and some entertainments are screwed up, so what for risk our lives for it? Dad has his own personal stuff on his own hands, and as his children, we need to do something so taking over the business is the only option. And don’t forget, you are the one that is playing the biggest role here. Director of the hospital? That isn’t a joke, because the whole nation is counting on you, so you have the biggest pressure here,” Jongin protested, while looking at his sister.

Sehun then added,” We can handle it in the end. We are old enough, noona so you need to stop worrying about us and focus on your own studies instead. You have a long way ahead.”

“You guys are just growing up too fast for me,” she laughed, while looking at her two brothers. “I am so glad, and proud of that.”

 

***

“Hey,” a familiar voice rang through Joohyun’s ears and she turned her head, widening her eyes in surprise while dropping her jaw. “O-Oh my god, Y-Yixing!”

The dimpled boy then chuckled, while holding his hands out openly,” Surprise?”

“Surprise!” she replied, while embracing the latter before pulling away. “You finally returned, and I am pretty sure that the others will be excited by this. Have you even met them?”

Joohyun then paused when she spotted the dark expression that flickered across Yixing’s face. “Don’t worry, they don’t blame you but I think that you should talk to them instead of hiding from them. Luhan is pretty cracked up for you, and I think he is really worried for you genuinely, and stuff. So are the others, when they heard from Luhan and was I. I am really sorry for the news,” she broke, while reaching out to hold his hand.

Yixing just gave small smile, as he squeezed her hand. “How is she?” she asked softly, as he leaned against the locker while letting out a heavy sigh.

“Honestly, I don’t know how to reply. She is diagnosed with cancer, and is already in the third stage. The doctor said that surgery might remove the tumour, b-but chances of her slipping into a coma is higher and the fact she remained as that, is even higher. She might never wake up from the surgery,” Yixing shut his eyes, while clenching his fists.

Joohyun gasped softly, and he continued,” Brain tumour. That is what she is stuck with now. Sitting on that hospital bed, she doesn’t want to hand over the company. She can’t go now, the company needs her and so does her family. She has a child, Joohyun. A little boy at the age of 4, and he can’t lost his mother. It is going to be a deep trauma to him. S-She can’t go now.”

“There aren’t any methods other than the surgery?”

Yixing shook his head,” The doctor said that was the only decision. Seeing her in that state really kills me. Even though she doesn’t treat me as a brother, I am really broke seeing her suffering under such circumstances. Like her lost look when s-she heard the news.”

“I am so sorry,” Joohyun spoke, when she looked at her friend who was expressing a pained expression. He then staggered to his feet, while faking a smile,” Let’s not talk about that. So, I heard that things between Luhan and you are going on really smoothly.”

Before she can even reply him, a voice called out,” Yixing!” Both of them turned around just to see Luhan jogging up towards them, before he threw his arms around the male.

“Yixing. You are finally back, oh my god, you rascal,” Luhan hissed, while hugging his friend tightly. Yixing laughed while returning the hug,” Hi, pal. I am back for good.”

Luhan then snarled,” You better be, or else you are so dead.” He then glanced at his girlfriend, who was smiling and he chuckled before leaning forward and pecking her on the forehead,” Morning.”

“M-Morning,” she stuttered, surprised by the sudden affectionate displayed and Yixing groaned,” Not that early in the morning, Luhan! No PDA in front of me, I swear or else, I am going to take Joohyun away from you.”

The doed-eyed male burst into laughters,” She is already mine. How are you going to take her away from me? If you did, you have some skills.”

“Don’t judge me, young man. I am a very popular guy in fact,” Yixing corrected his friend, while nudging him in the ribs. Joohyun laughed, when an arm slung around her shoulder.

“Yixing, you are back! Why didn’t you tell us to pick you from the airport?”

Joohyun glanced from the corner of her eye just to see Yoona standing beside her, while smiling at their friend. A few more heads popped out around them, and the atmosphere lightened up as the normal shoving among the boys happened again.

“Hi Yixing!”

The group turned around, and was surprised to see Taeyeon in front of them. She then smiled at them, which send shivers down Yuri’s spine, who turned around. “I heard that you are back, and decided to greet you. It is great to see the large group of you standing here happily.”

“T-Thanks, and thanks,” Yixing raised an eyebrow, while nodding his head gratefully. Taeyeon then looked around them, and exclaimed,” I got to go to classes. See you guys later.”

Yixing then looked at his friends, and questioned,” Great, how much did I missed out?”

“A lot. I could even write a book!” Jongdae exclaimed, earning him a whack on the head. The group then moved towards their classes, while Luhan slipped behind to walk beside Joohyun.

Intertwining his hand around hers, he looked at her,” Is everything okay?”

“Yeah. I am fine,” Joohyun smiled. He then grinned,” I have a game after school. Probably one of my last games, do you want to drop by to watch?”

“Sure, why not? Make you that you will score some goals to make me feel interested.”

Luhan laughed, while commenting,” I will make sure that it gets really interesting.”

 

“Joohyun, may you stay back in class for a second?” her Biology teacher called out to the latter, who was packing her stuff. She then filed her worksheets into her personal file, and headed towards the teacher, who was sitting by the teacher’s desk.

The teacher then looked at Joohyun, and glanced down at a document in her hands,” Your grades have been outstanding ever since last year, and I am pretty sure that with this grades, you can be selected for the hospital that you desire to work in. Which is why, I need to speak to you. The exams are coming up in six months’ time. Do you have any hospital in mind that you will want to work in?”

“Seoul General Hospital.”

The teacher nodded her head,” I am expecting to see some excellent performance from you then, Joohyun.”

 

“What was that about?” Luhan asked the moment Joohyun stepped out from the lecture theatre, and she jumped slightly. He then laughed, while holding his hands out for her textbook in her hands.

Joohyun then handed it to him, while Luhan reached out to hold her other free hand. “Nothing much. The teacher was just asking me about my grades and my career and stuff like that. Talking about that, our exams are coming up which determine whether we can graduate from university or not.”

Luhan hummed along, while drumming his fingers against her back hand,” What about it?”

“What do you want to major as a doctor in the future?”

Cardiolgy, and Neurology, and Pulmonary. But more in Cardiology.”

He looked at her and she responded,” Same, but also Neurology.”

“That is very prestigious, but you have been studying Medicine and this course for more than 5 years, I think that it is going to be easy for you.”

Joohyun looked at Luhan,” Don’t you think that time just flies to quickly? Like another six more months, we are going to be interns.”

“Uh. Think about the work shifts and stuff,” Luhan groaned, while standing in front of Joohyun’s locker, as she placed her stuff inside it. She then looked at him, and chuckled,” Think about me working with you, and I am pretty sure you won’t be tired.”

The smile on Luhan’s face widened, and he leaned in closer,” Wow, you are getting better in this kind of mushy words. I am amazed.”

“I can’t fall behind my boyfriend,” she replied, while shutting her locker. Joohyun glanced at her watch,” I will go ahead and grab a packet of drink, and then I will meet you at the seats there later. Hey, remember to warm up, okay?”

Luhan nodded his head with a dummy grin, while pecking her cheek,” See you later then.” With that, he jogged towards the soccer field, while Joohyun turned around to walk towards the cafeteria.

 

Joohyun was fiddling with her packet drink, as she tried to tear open the straw but ended up dropping her wallet on the floor. Grumbling under her breath, she was about to bent and pick it up when somebody else held it out in front of her.

“Thanks-“ she began while looking at the person, and stopped mid-way. Joohyun then nodded head, while saying,” Thanks.”

Baekhyun then gave a smile,” You’re welcome. Aren’t you going home now?”

“No, I am going to watch Luhan’s soccer match and then probably head home after that.”

“Oh, I see. Uhm, so the exams are finally approaching and have you stepped down from your duties as the President of the Student Council?”

Joohyun nodded, while silently cheering as she finally ripped open the straw. She then poked it against the hole of the packet drink, while throwing the plastic into the bin,” Yeah, I stepped down a few months ago and handed the duty to the juniors. Not to worry, the school system won’t collapse that fast.”

“You did a great job handling the school and stuff.”

She just smiled, and was about to excuse herself, when Baekhyun said,” Taeyeon wants to be friends with you, can you give it a shot?”

“Excuse me?” Joohyun asked, while looking at her schoolmate. Baekhyun then bit his lips in hesitation, while looking at her,” She wants to be friends with you, so can you give it a shot?”

Joohyun then let out an exasperated sigh,” Goodness gracious, what are you even thinking? I can’t. There are things that you need to know Baekhyun, and you need to know where you stand. Look, you have to stop asking me to be friends with you or her or whosoever. I don’t give a damn anymore, and for these upcoming 6 months, I honestly wished that you will give me my own personal space and stopped bugging me with such little things.”

“I am sorry, but I am just asking. Why have enemies when you can have friends?”

“Why have enemies as friends when they couldn’t return you what they took from you?” she shot back harshly, before adding on,” I hope that the next time we talk again, it isn’t going to be about this anymore or else, I won’t even speak to you. This is the last time, and that’s it. No more of this.”

Baekhyun then asked,” What did she took from you that she can’t return it to you? If it is about me, it isn-“

“My world doesn’t revolves you anymore, Baekhyun. Look, I used to like you but now, I don’t even have a bits of feelings for you so please, move on and forget everything. This topic here isn’t about you, so stop bugging me.”

Joohyun then sighed softly, before walking off towards the soccer field.

 

***

“I am sorry for the held up, but the coach was going on about some kinds of stuff,” Luhan apologised the second he spotted Joohyun, who was sitting by the seats. She then laughed,” It is okay. He is your coach for a reason.”

Luhan glanced at his watch,” Let’s head home.”

Along the walk home, Luhan looked at Joohyun,” Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah. Anything.”

“Awesome, can I have a date with you tomorrow after school?”

Joohyun blinked her eyes once and he raised an eyebrow. “Tomorrow? Sure, but where?”

“I don’t know, just walked around aimlessly and then have fun together.”

She then laughed, while nodding her head,” Please make sure we know where we are going.”

“Of course,” he smiled, before facing towards the path ahead of him. Luhan then spoke again,” Joohyun-ah.”

She then hummed in response, while looking at him. “I don’t have to attend soccer practise anymore,” he said, while keeping his eyes on the road, and not averting it towards her.

“W-Wait. What?”

Luhan then faked a laughter,” It isn’t much, but exams are coming up so the school wanted all club activities to end early for the seniors so we stepped down officially.”

“So, just now held-up was the coach delivering his final team’s message?”

He then nodded his head, and Joohyun slid her arm around his, and said,” I know that it is going to be hard for you, with all the memories in soccer, but think on the brighter side, you can drop by anytime and play with them still without the permission of the coach.”

“How is that beneficial?” he laughed, as Joohyun pondered over it for a second. “You can take advantage of them.”

Luhan then chuckled,” You are one real mean senior.”

Joohyun then shrugged her shoulders, relieved to see the genuine smile back on his face. “I didn’t tell you something, have I?”

“About what?”

“My mom, and Baekhyun.”

Luhan then raised an eyebrow,” Don’t ever tell me that you kissed him?”

“W-What? Nothing of that. It just happened today.”

He then looked at her, and Joohyun said,” My mom first. You know, I told you about how she dashed onto the road just to save this little girl, and ended up getting knocked down.”

“Yeah, it was really amazing of her,” Luhan replied, and Joohyun nodded her head.

“But the strange thing is that I found her sacrifice wasn’t worth it because the little girl grew up to be somebody who doesn’t thank others, or think for others. She is really a selfish person now, and I don’t think my mom should have saved her,” Joohyun continued, and he frowned.

“You know the little girl personally?”

She nodded her head,” She is the same age as us. Studying in the same school. How can I miss out on her?”

“W-Who?”

“This is going to be shocking, but it is Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.”

Luhan stopped in his tracks, which surprised Joohyun who stared at him. “What? Why did you stopped?”

“Y-You said that the little girl is Taeyeon.”

“Yeah, Kim Taeyeon. How many Taeyeon are there in our school?”

He then stared at her,” Are you serious? She was the one that your mom saved? No wonder you detest her.”

“Oh, I don’t detest her because I lose my mom while she is alive. No, I didn’t hate for that. I couldn’t blame anyone for that, and I understood my mom’s huge act that saved her, so I didn’t blame her for losing my mom.”

Luhan then frowned,” Oh, then you hate her because she likes Baekhyun?”

“What? No, that is way off link. I hate her partially is because she likes you, and I don’t like that.”

The doed-eyed male laughed, while looking at Joohyun,” God, you are really making me falling for you even more. Anyway, why do you hate her then?”

“I don’t hate her. I detest her, hate is a strong word. I detest because of her personality. Like it is fake. Baekhyun came up to me before your match and told me that she wants to be friends with me, and I am like awkward. She doesn’t even know that I was the daughter of the lady who saved her on that day,” Joohyun sighed, while staring at the ground while walking.

“I get it. You want your mother to be acknowledged, and you don’t like her two-faced attitude.”

Joohyun nodded her head,” You know, it is strange talking to you about her but it feels like I made a new friend, one that I can trust in.”

“You can tell me anything because I am always here and beside you. You don’t have to worry of being alone,” Luhan smiled at her.

Joohyun then whispered,” I love you, Luhan.”

 

“E-Eonnie!” Joohyun exclaimed in surprise, when she entered the house just to see her older cousin, Minyoung, sitting on the couch while staring at the LED screen before her.

The older girl then cranked her neck,” Oh, Joohyun, you are back.”

“Noona!” the two boys shouted in unison, as one come out from the kitchen while the other from the toilet. She then raised an eyebrow, and they shrugged their shoulders.

Joohyun then stared at her cousin, while sitting across her,” Eonnie, it is surprising to see you here. What are you doing here?”

“What? I can’t be here now because you finally got a boyfriend?” Minyoung teased, while drinking her glass of orange juice, as she watched amusement as Joohyun’s face turned red.

She then shook her head,” No. I meant like you are always busy so it is surprising to see you here.” “Tsk, I miss you guys that’s why I am here.”

‘’Okay, but, honestly did something happened?” Joohyun asked, as the two brothers took their seats at the other end, while looking at their cousin. Minyoung then looked at three siblings, and smiled,” I am getting married.”

 


[ A/N ] hey guys. i am back with another chapter, and i so glad that many of you are still reading to this and like even subscribing! thank you guys because this means a lot to me that you guys are still supportive and stuff, and i really like writing this story because ir is really relatable to me and yeah. by the way, minyoung did appeared before once in the first few chapters, but i lost count so well, here is she again! once again, thank you to those who have supported continuously, and i really love you guys so much! like this means a lot of to me, so thank you

 

_insanegirl_