036

Crazy In Love

The Script - If You Could See Me Now

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=SGlkwKA-t_4#The_Script_-_If_You_Could_See_Me_Now


In the previous chapter...

 

“Y-You want us to head over to Shanghai in three weeks’ time? But our exams are round the corner,” he mumbled while glancing at Sehun.

Joohyun then shook her head, “I will attend on their behalf, Dad. I think they need to focus rather than leaving the country. Don’t worry dad, I can handle fine unlike these two here are still growing up. Definitely, just email me the details when you have confirmed everything.”

Hanging up the phone, Sehun then smirked, “I know why you volunteer to head over to Shanghai.” “And why is that so?” she retorted with her raised eyebrows. 

“Because Luhan hyung-nim is there,” Sehun grinned evilly as Jongin chuckled. Joohyun then rolled her eyes while waving her hand, “Assume however you like. Just focus and study hard, okay?”

Jongin then reminded her too, “You too, noona. Don’t worry too much about him. He will contact you, don’t worry.”

But, the call from him never came for the next four days. Not even a message or an email. 

 

“Joohyun! Morning!” Chanyeol exclaimed in excitement as he stopped in front of Joohyun, who was staring at her phone in a daze. She then looked at him and gave him a smile, “Morning, Chanyeol.”

There was a second of silence when he broke it, “He hasn’t call, huh?” Joohyun shook her head silently and Chanyeol sighed softly, before breaking into a smile, “Don’t worry! Yifan just told us that Luhan is really busy handling certain stuff.”

“Yeah,” she replied softly before dropping her phone into her bag. Faking a small smile, Joohyun then said, “I will be heading to classes first then. See you later, Chanyeol.”

The latter watched in silence as Joohyun walked towards her classroom and he sighed. Chanyeol then pulled out his phone and dialled an overseas number that he has remembered recently. “Hello? Yixing, it is Chanyeol. Yeah, have you managed to find out anything? No? Huh? Oh, no, I am just wondering since he hasn’t called us or- Yeah, he hasn’t called her yet and she is like acting so not like her.”

“Yeah, I understand. Thanks man,” Chanyeol mumbled before hanging up. Just then, Jongdae appeared before him and looked at him warily, “What did he said?”

The latter just sighed, “He can’t find him yet. Luhan isn’t answering his calls and is not replying to messages or emails. Yixing can’t find Luhan.”

“Is Luhan even in Beijing?”

“What do you mean?”

Jongdae just shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know but why will he avoid us all of a sudden unless he is hiding something. We have to do something. Joohyun isn’t herself and finals are round the corner.”

“Shall we take a trip to Beijing then?”

“Oh yeah, there is an upcoming ball which is hosting in Beijing, and I kind of the invitation. My whole family is invited,” Jongdae’s eyes lit up and Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. Jongdae then rolled his eyes, “I am going. They got no choice since the host requested for the presence of the whole family.”

Chanyeol then chuckled bitterly, “So, are you all the family-chummy then?”

“Shut up, . I am doing this for Luhan and Joohyun.”

“Does everybody has an invitation?” Chanyeol tilted his head slightly and Jongdae grinned, “You can always call them and ask.”

Chanyeol then hissed as his friend laughed at him, while walking towards his own classes, leaving the giant standing there in frustration and confusion.

 

“Hey,” a familiar voice called out to Joohyun as she lifted her head. Joohyun then widened her eyes slightly, “Y-Yuri!”

The tanned latter just smiled, “Don’t look so surprised. I am just sitting here since I can’t see really well from the back.”

“Oh, right Feel free, it is empty,” Joohyun smiled before turning back to look at her notebook. Things weren’t the same with Yuri now since the latest argument before Yoona left. It has been a day since Yoona left, and Joohyun wondered whether the two of them have made up.

Yuri then cleared , “I-I am sorry, Joohyun. Look, I didn’t mean anything I said the other day. It is was just a minute of anger and frustration and I felt that I had to blame it on someone and I took it out on you. It was definitely a move but I am really sorry. I didn’t mean it but I just feel inferior compared to you. You were like everybody’s good friend the minute you came and I guess, I was just jealous.”

“Yuri,” Joohyun whispered as the two girls stared at one another.

“I am apologising because I am at a wrong and I don’t want to lose another important friend,” Yuri mumbled while looking down, as her face blushed slightly. Joohyun then shook her head, “Its’ okay. Whatever has passed shall stay there and let’s not think about it, okay? H-Have you make up with Yoona?”

Yuri smiled and nodded her head, “Yeah, we met up before her flight to Beijing. Thanks. You know, for giving us the chance to make up.”

“I didn’t give any chance, Yuri. You gave yourself a chance instead. And I apologise to you on behalf of Baekhyun too. I-I heard from Yoona and since he used to be my friend, I am sorry for what he has done. I know that you are hurt, and I can understand. I am really sorry,” Joohyun replied.

Yuri then shook her head, “No! I am sorry. I took it out on you and blamed you even though you had no idea what was going on. Let’s just forget that. A-Are we still friends?”

“Definitely. I don’t want to lose you too.”

 

***

“Hey, Yuri!” Jongdae exclaimed at the sight of the tanned latter, who has took her usual seat. She gave him a sheepish grin, and Sooyeon smiled warmly, “Hello, Yuri.”

She then greeted them back just as Joohyun took her seat. Yuri then looked around her friends and sighed softly, “I am really sorry for the other day. I was being a and decided to take things out on you guys. I am really sorry and I don’t mean anything that I said the other day.”

“We are not going to forgive you that easily,” Kyungsoo blurted out bluntly immediately as everybody looked at him in surprise. He then shrugged his shoulders, “You owe all of us a drink and we are even.”

They then broke into laughter, as Jongdae slung his arm around his friend, “Jeez, stop playing pranks on us, idiot!”

“I will definitely treat you guys,” Yuri laughed. Chanyeol then glanced at Joohyun, and then at Yifan, who was sitting there silently with an expressionless face.

Yifan then cleared his throat while directing his gaze directly to Joohyun, “We are going to Beijing.”

“What?”

Sooyeon then looked at her friend, who was looking at them with confusion, “We are going to Beijing in three weeks’ time.”

“Oh, is it another business proposal or something?” Joohyun asked, as something in her snapped and she winced slightly. She couldn’t understand why, but she just needed answers at that point of time.

“No, we are going together. I supposed you have heard about the upcoming party thing that is held in Beijing, and surprisingly, the host has requested the presence of the every single family,” Yifan explained, as Joohyun frowned slightly.

She then nodded her head, “Yeah, I am attending it with my parents. Sehun and Jongin are having their entrance exams, so they are not going.” Kyungsoo made a face before pulling out his phone, and began texting away.

“Yes. And everybody here is attending that party together. We are all going to Beijing,” Yifan repeated again, hoping that Joohyun will get his point.

Being the naive girl as usual, Joohyun just smiled, “That’s great! We get to see ea-“

“Joohyun, we are going to find Luhan,” Chanyeol interrupted her, as the table fell into a silence atmosphere.

“Oh,” she mumbled softly before looking down at the table, while playing around with her fingers. “I don’t think that’s a good idea because he might be bu-“

“That doesn’t gives him any reason not to contact us. Luhan is playing with us, and he is definitely hiding something from us. We need to find out about it,” Yifan insisted firmly, yet gently, not wanting to hurt the latter’s feelings.

Joohyun just nodded her head. What if Luhan doesn’t want to see us, Yifan? What if Luhan is hiding from us for a reason? How are we going to find him then?

 

“I can’t believe that you are being a ing ,” Yixing spat into the phone as he threw the nearest document against the wall, and watched as the papers within it float down to the ground. He then hissed while clutching his phone tightly. “How could you do that to her? You are such a ing bastard, you idiot!”

Yixing then rubbed the bridge of his nose, and let out a deep breath. He was never the type to curse and use such crude words openly unless he has reached his limit. And clearly, in this situation, Yixing has indeed reached his limit.

He then growled, “Stop playing games with me. You said you will never walked down this ing road as me. You said you will be different and you will fight! What is that talk about then, huh? Was that some talk to make me feel better that at least you aren’t going be the same as me?”

“Stop running. What the is going on? Can’t you tell me? Can’t you tell us? Can’t you tell her? Stop hiding things. Stop playing around. I am serious. What is this invitation card about?” Yixing questioned coldly, as he glanced at the pink card lying on his desk.

There was a few seconds of silence, and Yixing growled, “You are not inviting her to this party. You have to remove her name directly from the guest list! You can’t let her attend this party! You are not going to destroy her, Luhan.

 

Joohyun sat by her study desk as she swirled her pen around. She has completed the practise papers that were assigned, and was staring into space. She then thought back to the day’s events, and sighed softly. Everything was in chaos. There was no news from Luhan, and there is nothing from the rest either.

“Mr. Luhan has submitted his departure from school a few days back. If I am not wrong, two days after his leave and we were all surprised. Based on his letter, it seems that he has certain personal matters to attend to and is unable to attend school any longer. That’s all that I know. Is there anything I can help you other than this?”

So you quit school without telling me? What is going on, Luhan? What are you hiding from me? Why aren’t you contacting me? A-Are we really over like this? Five days, Luhan. Five days and I am still counting. I am not giving up.

 

***

Yifan winced slightly as he held the phone away from his ear. He then hissed, “Calm down, Yixing. I need to understand what is going on. I have not receive any forms of invitation card and I don’t know who the host is either. So, why do I need to keep Joohyun from attending? You are not making sense, Yixing.”

“Yixing! I need you to tell me properly. What is going on? What is the party about? Why can’t she go?” Yifan gritted through his clenched teeth, as he grew annoyed with his friend over the line. “No, I will not stop her. She needs to see him, Yixing! We are going to f- W-What?”

Just then, a knock sounded against his office’s door and Sooyeon entered with watery eyes. She then shook her head, while holding a pink invitation card in her right hand while her phone on her eft. Yifan then frowned, and sighed, “I will call you back later, Yixing. Sooyeon is crying.” With that, he then hung up and shuffled towards Sooyeon, who was shaking her head.

“Hey, baby. Why are you crying? Did something happened?” he questioned gently, as he held her by the shoulders and looked at her. Sooyeon just shook her head, while dropping her phone onto the floor.

Yifan then furrowed his eyebrows together, “Are you hurt?”

“I-It’s not me, Yifan. I am not the one that is hurt.”

“Then why are you crying?”

“Because Joohyun. J-Joohyun is hurt!” Sooyeon cried out as she collapsed into Yifan’s embrace, who caught her easily as he supported her. Frowning, he then asked, “What do you mean, babe? D-Did something happened to Joohyun?”

Sooyeon then sobbed in his chest, as Yifan embraced her tightly. He then caught sight of the pink card held tightly in his girlfriend’s hands. “Sooyeon-ah, what do you meant that Joohyun is hurt? What is that card?”

“S-She can’t go to that party, Yifan! She can’t go to that damn ing party!” Sooyeon exclaimed with tears rolling down her cheeks, as she ed the card into Yifan’s hands, while leaning against him for support.

“I don’t care what do you do, Yifan but you have to stop Joohyun from attending that party and I mean it! You can’t let her attend no matter what!”

“SShe can’t go to that party, Yifan! She can’t go to that damn ing party!”

Yifan stared at the pink card in his hands, as he pieced together whatever Yixing and Sooyeon were telling him. “She can’t go, Yifan. It isn’t right for her,” Sooyeon mumbled, as she stared at him. “She can’t go at all.”

 

Chanyeol stared at the pink card that was placed before him, as the butler scurried away. He then clenched his fists tightly, while grabbing his phone and dialled a number that he had not called for a very long time.

“N-Noona? Yeah, it is Chanyeol. N-No, I am doing fine. I just need to ask you something. I received a pink card today, and I just want to confirm one thing. Is the sender Luhan?” Chanyeol asked, as he shut his eyes, praying silently that the answer will be a ‘no’.

He then let out a shaky breath, before opening his eyes, “Are you sure, noona? Okay, thanks. Noona, c-can we meet up this weekend? i-I miss you and I just want to talk to you.”

A few seconds later, Chanyeol hung up the phone, as he stared at the pink card, speechless and dumbfounded.  Just then, his phone rang again and he grabbed it immediately, “Hello! Y- Oh, hey Father.”

“I am fine, thank you. Yes, I have received the pink card and I will turn up. Yes, I am meeting noona this weekend to catch up. W-Would you like to join us with Mother?” Chanyeol asked, while staring at the card.  There is no way the same thing is happening again.

He then said, “Yeah, I am definitely attending. I need to get some answers, Father.”

 

“Miss Im, you have a guest,” a maid knocked against her room door, as Yoona looked up from her storybook. Shutting her book, the slimmed latter walked towards her room door and opened it, and was surprised to see her mother standing at the entrance of her room door.

Yoona then gave a small smile, “Mother.”

“Can I come in?” the older lady, who seemed to be the exact model of her daughter, asked. Yoona nodded her head, as she opened her door wider to let her mother in. “How are you doing, Yoona?”

The doed-eyed girl shrugged her shoulders, “I am fine. I just started rehab and things are still smooth.”

“That’s good. I am glad to hear that. I-I am sorry, Yoona,” her mother reached out to hold her hand, and smiled. “I know that I have not been the best mother, and I am sorry. I want to make it up to you. I don’t want to lose you, Yoona.”

The girl tilted her head slightly, “You are not going to lose me, Mother. I-Is there something wrong?”

“No. I was just thinking that we should go out together this weekend for a shopping trip as a family, with your father and brother,” her mother suggested with a warm smile, while reaching into her bag. “We have been invited to grand party.”

Yoona then raised her eyebrow, “A party?”

“Yes, a grand one in fact. It is hosted by the Xi family. Having connections with them, we have to turn up for this party,” her mother nodded her head, while handling her the pink card. “I am surprised to see this card coming from them so soon. Isn’t he your friend, Yoona?”

Yoona frowned at the mentioned ‘Xi’ as she reached out for the pink card. Flipping it open, she held her breath and mumbled, “Is this a mistake, mother? I mean, there is probably other Xi family in Beijing. It can’t be them, right?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, he isn’t at the right age. So, this is just a mistake, right?”

Her mother stared at her before chuckling, “No, there is no mistake. We have to get ready for this party. It is indeed going to be grand one where all business people gather for such an occasion. In fact, we have to turn up as a family together.”

“You can’t be serious, mother. There must be an error. It can’t be him, right?”

“Can’t be who?”

“This. It can’t be Luhan, right?”

 

Kyungsoo looked at his best friend, who was hugging the pillow in disbelief. Jongdae then shook his head, “This is a joke, right?”

“No, it isn’t,” he answered calmly, and Jongdae messed his hair in frustration. “There has to be an error. It can’t be him!”

Kyungsoo then sighed, “Jongdae, Minseok said the exact same thing. There is no error or mistake. This isn’t a joke.”

“B-But it doesn’t makes sense! And you, how can you be sitting there so calmly?”

“There is nothing to panic about.”

Jongdae stared at his best friend as if he was crazy, “Kyungsoo, this is ridiculous. This has to be a mistake!”

“It has been printed clearly there, Jongdae. There has to be a reason for such a printing and I believe he has his own reasons. All we need to do now, is attend this party and demand for answers,” Kyungsoo replied with a calm tone, while eyeing the pink card.

Kyungsoo couldn’t believe his eyes either, when he scanned the content along with sender. It made no sense to receive such an invitation without any forms of contact from the sender. He is definitely hiding something. We need to find out why.

“Wait, so you are going?” Jongdae looked at his best friend. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he stood up and walked towards the kitchen, “Obviously, idiot. I need to attend. It is stated there clearly. All family members are invited.”

Jongdae then frowned, “But I thought you are going to stay to help Jongin?”

“I thought so too at first, but at such a situation, Jongin has to wait. I have questions and I need them to be answered. And the only one who can answer me is him and only him, Luhan,” Kyungsoo clenched his jaw tightly while pouring a glass of water for himself.

His friend then asked, “Are you going to pursue things between Jongin and you?”

“No.”

“N-No?”

Kyungsoo shook his head while walking out from the kitchen. Jongdae then stared at his friend, and asked, “Why? You like him.”

“That’s the thing. I like him. But the society doesn’t likes us. My parents will definitely disagree,” he stated in a matter-of-fact tone, while drinking his glass of water.

“So? Don’t care about them!”

“Jongdae, don’t you miss your family?” Kyungsoo asked, as he stared at Jongdae. His friend then leaned back, and sighed, “I do but there is nothing that I can do. What is done has been done. There is nothing that I can do.”

Kyungsoo then smiled at his friend, “Then, let me ask your something. Why will you forsake your kin for a stranger?”

“Minseok isn’t a stranger!”

“I never said him. I am just stating in general. I don’t want to lose my family, Jongdae but I don’t want to lose the love of my life either. However, family is related to me by blood and my love of my life isn’t. He doesn’t know me as well as my family. So, why should I choose him over my family? I know that this may sounds ridiculous and stupid, but sometimes, I think being a puppet and allowing myself to be controlled by them is better than having freedom and having to make choices. Choices that change everything about us, around us, within us. Because, no matter what choices we make, we are just end up hurting the the ones we really and truly love.”

Jongdae then frowned, and then stared at the pink card as realization dawned on him, “No.”

“Yes. I am glad that you have figured that out. Think about it, Jongdae. Think about him. Think about your family and think about yourself. Don’t make the wrong choices like what he is doing right now,” Kyungsoo smiled, as he stared at the pink card. “Because, i think having too much freedom ends up corrupting us instead. The rich ones. Freedom is what destroys us in the end, Jongdae.”

 

Yuri stared at her parents, and then at the pink card again. “When is this party again?”

“In two weeks’ time. We have to get ready and start flying off,” her father stated firmly as he stood up. “We can’t miss this. It is definitely an important occasion and we have to be there.”

Yuri then shook her head, “This is ridiculous.”

“Excuse me?”

“This! This is happening too fast.”

“What are you taking about?”

“What the hell is this rascal doing?”

Yuri then grabbed the card and stared at her parents, “I will like to excuse myself. Don’t worry, I just need to study the details and contact my friends who are attending.”

“Don’t mess this up, Yuri,” her father stared at her coldly, before disappearing into his office. Her mother then sighed, “Just behave, Yuri.

“Don’t mess this up, Yuri.”

“Just behave, Yuri.”

I know. I am a disappointment. You don’t have to tell me straight in the face.

Yuri studied the card and sighed, “What are you thinking, Luhan?”

 


[ A/N ] the 36th chapter :) okay, so i know most of you guys are thinking 'what? what is the card about? what is luhan doing?' and well, i left it at a clifhanger. hehe. i am such an evil author but isn't this fun? xD anyway, i understand that kyungsoo's part is really deep and hard to comprehend and i too, myself, am not sure whether it makes sense but to me, it does. don't worry, i will definitely explain it at the end of the story ;)) 

so to sum it up, you guys have to wait to find about that card! xD hehe :) show your opinions of this chapter by dropping comments below and thank you to those who have been supporting this story! i love you guys so much and i just think, writing is defitnitely worth it now ;) thank you guys, xoxo ) 

 

insanegirl x