004

Crazy In Love

In the previous chapter ...

 

"Yobeseyo. A-Ahjussi, p-please pick me from the same address which yo-you picked me up from y-yesterday," Luhan whispered hoarsely into the phone, as he blinked.. Leaning his back against the lamp post, he stood there in a daze and confusion as his tears fell.

"L-Luhan-ssi. Is there anything wrong with you?" Jongin rushed up to him, and Luhan stared at him.

He then croaked softly," C-Can you explain this feeling to me?"

"What feeling?"

"The pain of your heart shattering. Can you explain it to me?"

 

Joohyun entered the kitchen, as she shuffled her feet while coughing softly. Grabbing a glass cup of the table top, she caught sight of her younger brother, Sehun, standing by the sink washing a metal container. Raising her eybrows with curiosity, she drank her glass of warm water.

"Hunnie-ah, what are you washing?" she asked softly, as she approached her younger brother, who seemed to be focusing on something. He glanced over his shoulder, and nodded his head to acknowledge his sister's presence.

Sehun then placed the container on the rack, and turned around," Metal container."

"Did you bring a metal container to school today? I don't remember that we have a metal container," Joohyun puckered her lips, as she headed towards the small drawer, where all their food containers were being placed. Her younger brother then grabbed her by the right arm, and spun her around, causing her to face him.

Joohyun coughed slightly, as he loosened the grip around her wrist. "What is the matter? You can talk to me," she smiled warmly, and then, the image of the crying Luhan flashed across Sehun's mind, causing him to drop his grip and staggered backwards in surprise.

"Are you okay?" Joohyun asked, as she looked at him.

"Noona, do you really like Baekhyun hyung-nim?" a low voice, and soothing one broke the two siblings' conversation, as the older one turned around to look at her other brother. Seo Jongin. She then took a few steps backwards, as she leaned against the table top, and demanded," What is with  that question?"

Jongin shrugged his shoulders, as he glanced at Sehun with hesitation. "I am just asking, I want to know your true feelings. What if hyung-nim likes someone else?"

"He already like someone else, and I'm fine with it," Joohyun rolled her eyes, as she headed towards the entrance of the kitchen, when Sehun called out," Noona, please return the metal container to Luhan hyung-nim tomorrow,when you see him in school."

 

***

Joohyun stared into the inside of her locker, as she rested her hand on her Physics textbook in her hands. Clicking her tongue continuously, she can't help but think back to her younger brother's words yesterday. 'When did he dropped by our house? Why am I not informed?'

"Joohyunnie-ah!" her best friend, Baekhyun, interrupted her train of thoughts, as he leaned against the lockers and faced her directly. Pointing towards her Physics textbook, he chuckled," Your lesson is going to start soon, and shouldn't you be heading to class now?"

"Don't you have lessons too? Mr-Class-Chairman," she mocked, as she slammed her locker shut and slung her bag over her shoulder. Baekhyun smirked, as he pointed towards his watch," Stupid, I'm having a break now. I am going to the caferia, want anyt-"

His words were caught short, as he stared far away, and his eyes seemed to be focused on something. Joohyun bewildered by his sudden actions, turned her head and immediately regretted doing so. As she watched Kim Taeyeon with her group of friends, as she entered the cafeteria. Turning her head towards her best friend, who seemed to be in a daze, she whispered softly," Forget it. I don't want or need anything."

With that, Johoyun sighed softly and also heartbrokingly, as she walked towards the Physics classroom. Glancing over her shoulder, she knew that Baekhyun had not even noticed the fact that she had just walked off. "So much for having a best friend," she muttered under her breath.

 

"Seo Joohyun."

"Present," the young lady raised her hand, before leaning back against her chair as she stared out of the window, and out towards the school soccer field where some boys were playing.

"Xi Luhan."

There was silence, and Joohyun turned her head around to see the other students whispering among themselves, as they pointed towards the empty seat beside Joohyun.

"Xi Luhan," the teacher called out again, before makring a cross on the name list. Joohyun stared at the seat beside her, which was scrawled with doodles, and quotes. She then leaned forward curiously, as she read the quotes.

'Just remember that I was there when no one else was.'

'It is either you are too blind, or I am not that obvious enough? Why can't you tell that I like you?'

Joohyun stared at the doodles on his table, and thought silently,' Stupid, if you like her, why not just tell her? WHy hide behind a pillar like a coward?' Just then, hurried and quick footsteps entered the classroom, and everyone shifted their attention to this new student.

A girl with long, straight black hair, with a pair of doed-eyes bowed towards the teacher, as she panted. "S-Seongsaeng-nim, I am here to pass a piece to news to you. Luhan is unable to attend school today, therefore, may you pass all the classwork and homework directly to me now, so I can pass it to his friend."

Immediately, the whispers began to grew louder, as they pointed towards the girl, and also the empty desk. Joohyun watched from her seat, as the girl explained a few more details to the teacher, and bowed when she received a stack of worksheets. The girl then turned, and was about to leave, when Joohyun called out from her seat.

"Hey! I need to pass to you somthing! It belongs to him," Joohyun raised her hand awkwardly, as the teacher and the students looked at her in surprise. She then stood up, and walked towards the girl. Holding out the metal container infront of her, she smiled," This belongs to him, and can you return it to him?"

The girl glanced at the metal container, and looked at Joohyun," Now I know why. Thank you, and I will pass it to him." After taking the container, she then rushed out of the classroom, and the teacher cleared his throat.

"Miss.Seo, I believe that little passing-of-things is over, and please, poceed back to your seat," he commanded, as Joohyun bowed before walking back towards her seat. Settling down in it again, her mnd went back to the girl, who entered the classroom.

'Who is she? And what is her relationship with Luhan?'

 

Joohyun stuffed her Physics book into her locker, before rushing off towards the cafeteria where Baekhyun will be. Pushing open the front doors of the cafeteria, she glanced around and immediately spotted her best friend, plugged in, as he drummed his fingers against the table.

"Baekkie!" she patted his shoulder, as she sat down beside him. Baekhyun pulled out one side of his ear plugs, and pointed towards the sanwich on the table. "That is for you, healthy and simple."

She chuckled, as she grabbed it, before smiling," Baekhyun, was Luhan present in your Medicine class?"

"No, this random girl, who studies here, rushed ina dn explained to the teaher, collected the latter's homework and then left," he stated bluntly, and she bit her lips. "Who is she?"

"From what I heard, she is this girl who is clsoe to Luhan," Baekhyun replied, before sipping his drink. Joohyun ate a bite form her sandwich, when a femal sat down on their table, and stared at them hardly. Kim Taeyeon.

Baekhyun choked on his drink, as he stared at the girl in front of him. Joohyun rolled her eyes, as she bite her teeth hardly to prevent herself from breaking down. "Did Luhan attend Medicine and Physics class?"

"No, he didn't. What are you going to do about that?" Joohyun retorted back, as Taeyeon sent daggers right at her.

Taeyeon then stared at Baekhyun, and smiled sweetly at him," If you ever see Luhan, can you tell him that I'm worried for him? Thank you, and you are such a -" Joohyun stood up, as she walked away from the table, ignoring the calls from her best friend. As she blinked her tears away, she spotted the same girl whom entered her Physics class.

Her feelings immediately disappeared, which was then replaced by curiosity as she approached the girl.

"Hey, you are the girl who entered our classroom just now," Joohyun pointed out, as the girl glanced up from her book. She then broke into a smile, and nodded before gesturing towards the empty seat.

Joohyun sat down, and the girl asked," Are you looking for me?"

"Y-Yes. Kind of a way. I have questions. Who are you?"

"Luhan's good pal,and a student here."

"What is your name? Which club are you involved? And what happen to Luhan?"

The girl chuckled," Im Yoona, it is pleasure to meet you, Seo Joohyun. I am in no clubs, I don't join them. Lastly, why are you so worried over Luhan?"

"I'm not worried, I'm just curious. He always attend lessons, and today, for not turning up, it is really a puzzle," Joohyun's face blushed slightly, as Yoona smirked. "You seemd worried."

Joohyun then rolled her eyes," I am not! See that girl over there, she is."

"I know her, Kim Taeyeon, someone who likes Luhan for years and thinking that she as the cheerleader captain will be the official girlfriend of Luhan. She should carry on dremaing," Yoona laughed, as she flipped to the next page of her book.

Joohyun stared at Yoona, with mouth wide open," Y-You don't like her?"

"I didn't say I don't like her, I was stating facts about her," she corrected the lady, before sipping her drink. Joohyun then glanced at the book in her hands, and echoed," 'Crazy In Love'?"

Yoona nodded her head as she shut the book," Luhan isn't feeling well today, he has fever last night which is why he couldn't come today. I will send your regards to him."

"T-Thank you."

"You're welcome. And more thing, Seo Joohyun. Open your eyes and really look around you to see those around you. Please, don't hurt him," Yoona reminded, as she stood up and vanished into the crowd of students.

Joohyun sat there, thinking over the girl's words, when her phone vibrated. Sliding her phone acroos it, a message popped out.

From : +UNKNOWN

All your homework is with Yixing, look for him in the msic room after school. He will pass it to you.

 

- Luhan

 

To : +UNKNOWN

Thank you, and yours is with Yoona-ssi. Get well soon, and are you feeling better now? Do you need me to come over to guide you in your homework?

 

- Joohyun

 

She sat there, staring at her phone, hoping that a reply will come in soon and fast. However, five minutes later, there was no reply. Scoffing to herself, she got up and walked towards her the exit when her phone vibrated again.

From : +UNKNOWN

No.

 

- Luhan

 

 

======================================================================================================================================

[ A/N ] Hey guys! Wassup? So a week has passed, and in fact, many things had happened. To me, it is a tiring week, and also a devastating one. The news of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane is really terrible, and I prayed that the plane will be found quickly.

However, let's look ont he brigher side, there is a SeoHan telepathy xD WHere both of them said their favourite SNSD's songs were 'Into The New World'. Amazing telepathy ever, and of course, ABs will be spazzing again~

Thank you to those who subscribed, and also upvoted. Amazing people ever, and just want to say thank you and you guys are the best! ILY all <3

Have a nice week ahead!

 

_insanegirl_