001

Crazy In Love

Landing on both her feet perfectly, she smiled when she heard the hall filled with unending applause by the school audience, guests and VIPs. Bowing before taking her leave from the school gymnasium, Kim Taeyeon smiled warmly at the audience as she did a final bow. Heading straight to the locker room, the other girls cheerleaders crowded around her, cooing in her ear just to get into the captain's good books.

"Great job, everyone out there. I believe, that this time, your performance was splendid and left a wonderful impression on the audience," Taeyeon grinned, as she shut her locker shut as she turned around to face the other girls. Shfting from one face to another, many thoughts were running through her mind about each and every girl.

Taeyeon was about to add something, when someone exclaimed from the back," The soccer match is starting soon, and I can't wait to see Luhan oppa out there on the field."

Every single thoughts that were running through her mind vanished in an instant, as she grabbed her bag lying on the bench. Heading straight for the exit, she called over her shoulder," I be going off first, see you all tomorrow. Sleep early, girls." Before her team mates can even reply her, she had disappeared, leaving the girls frowning.

"Sunbae-nim likes the kingka of the school, doesn't she?" "I heard that she has been crushing on him for years, but has never make a conversation with him." "Tsk, even though she is the captain, she fails terribly to seek his attention. I guess, when one is so desperate, she can do all things within her limit. Crazy in love."

 

***

"Baekhyun, how on earth will you know that she will be here?" Joohyun grunted in dissatisfaction, as she threw her school bag down at the sidelines. The boy sitting beside her, just waved his hand, his eyes focusing on something faraway in a distance.

Joohyun sighed softly, and also painfully as she watched her best friend stared in a distance at something. Shutting her eyes, she braced the cold and chilly wind, as she tightened her jacket tightly around her. Her heart rate wasn't normal at all, instead, it was beating so fast that she was afraid that it migh fly out anytime.

Opening her eyes, she watched as the soccer players jogged into the school field, followed by the girls' screams and boys' cheerings. Joohyun then saw the school's best player, and also the most popular boy on campus, Xi Luhan strolling leisurely into the field. As he adjusted his jersey, he lifted his head up slightly, and stared at her.

Joohyun, who was looking at him, surprised by their sudden eye contact hastily turned her head aside. She wasn't shy or what, she didn't talk to him much even though they were Physics partners. She then heard Baekhyun squealing in delight softly, as whipped her head. She regretted that very moment when she did that action.

All she can witness, was Baekhyun starring at Kim Taeyeon, with bright sparkles in his eyes, which she has never seen in her entire life being with him as her best friend. His smile was so genuine, and so innocent that she wanted to snap a picture of him just to remember it.

"She came, and I was right," Baekhyun whispered, as Taeyeon took her seat 2 rows infront of them. Jooyun's heart immediately shattered, even though it wasn't her first time. Hearing these kinds of small confessions from him, literally tore her apart even though she kept a pokerface on.

Joohyun then scoffed bitterly," Hooray, let me cheer for you then." Baekhyun frowned, when he sensed the high level of sarcasm in his best friend's sentence. "Cut it out, Joohyun. I know you are mad and sad that I am literally wasiting your time here to stalk her. I am thankful, and also apologetic but please, keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself."

His words pierced her in the heart. It wasn't her first time hearing him defend bravely for Taeyeon. Joohyun lowered her head, allowing her head to fall in place, to cover her face and her teary eyes. 'Stupid, I am not mad or sad that you are my wasting my time here. I am heartbroken, as you only have eyes for her, and never for me. I . . . I like you, Byun Baekhyun, but do you know?'

Soon the match began, and she watched in silence, not making a single sound at all. The minute the referee blew the whistle for a time break, Joohyun stood up. "Joohyun, where are you going?" Baekhyun called out, and she glanced over her shoulder. Instead of looking at her, his eyes were still on Taeyeon, never leaving her for even a second.

"Toilet," Joohyun replied bluntly, as she walked off, heading towards the girls' toilet, situated a few metres away from the field. As she walked along the small pavement towards the toilet, she head some shuffling sounds behind her.

Picking up on her speed, she walked faster towards the toilet, when someone called out to her. "You drop this." The voice sounds familiar. Turning around, Joohyun widened her eyes in surprise to see the kingka, Xi Luhan, standing there with her wallet in his hand.

"W-What are you doing here?" she asked, and Luhan waved the object in the air. "To return this to the rightful owner," he stated shortly, as he walked towards her. Handing her the wallet, her added," Also, please open your eyes when looking around. I am tired of looking out for you."

With that, Luhan pressed her wallet gently into her hands, and turned around. Walking away, he waved his hand as he tucked it back into his shorts. Jogging back towards the route he came from, Joohyun stood in confusion by his words.

Please open your eyes when looking around. I am tired of looking out for you.

Joohyun glanced down at her wallet," What is he talking about? Weird guy."

 

***

Wrapping her jacket around her, Taeyeon dashed up towards Luhan, who was packing his stuff into his bag. "Luhan, great match today!" she complimented the soccer player, just to earn a short grunt from him.

"You did well out on the field, and on behalf of the school, I am proud," she added, trying to make him speak more. Luhan slung his bag over his shoulder, and smiled at the girl. "Gomawyo, and I am thankful for your congrats. Also, chukkaeyo for the cheer leading tooday, I heard you did great."

Taeyeon blushed at his comment, and lifted her head to look at him, just to see Luhan looking at something intently. Turning around slightly, she caught sight of the thing Luhan was starring at, and felt a rush of jealousy building up in her. She was jealous to see Luhan starring at the school's best volleyball player, Seo Joohyun.

Studying her features from far. Taeyeon can easily make out that Joohyun was tall, slim and have a body that every girl wants. Taeyeon grit her teeth, as she stared at Joohyun. Yes, Kim Taeyeon and Seo Joohyun are arch enemies, as both girls are the popular ones in the campus but there are major differences to both of them.

Kim Taeyeon can be arrogant, and also cocky at times, thinking she is the greatest. Always thinking highly of herself, she thinks she has been a good captain, an excellent school president, and also a well-behaved student in school. But then, in came Seo Joohyun.

Seo Joohyun was a team member of the school's volleyball team, and has became the best player too. Playing volleyball ever since she was 10, she has basically represented the school in competition, only to lead them to victory. However, despite her status as the popular girl, Joohyun is unsocialble. She doesn't talk much, she only has a certain few friend, and one best friend, Byun Baekhyun. She only spends her time studying, playing the piano or practising her vollyball. Never once, was she ever spotted hanging out with people. Humble and polite, students respected and admired her, but didn't or never had the chance to ever communicate with her properly.

"Luhan, are you free? Let's go for a cup of c-" "I am sorry, Taeyeon. I am not free," Luhan interrupted her sentence, as he walked towards the direction where Joohyun was. Taeyeon then walked beside him, and asked," Why aren't you free?" 

Luhan then smirked,"Seo Joohyun owes me a 'thank you' and I need to get it from her." With that, he jogged towards the latter, strolling beside Baekhyun. Taeyeon watched in pain, as she followed behind.

 

Joohyun was walking silently beside Baekhyun. The young boy didn't know what happened to his best friend, but he only knows that she is a bad mood now. "Are you heaidng home?" he asked randomly, and Joohyun nodded.

"How about your dinner?" he asked, and she replied," My mother has cooked for me." There was then an awkward silence, when someone shouted for Joohyun from far. Both of them stopped in their tracks, and turned behind just to see Luhan and Taeyeon jogging up to them.

Baekhyun's eyes began to sparkle ;  Joohyun's eyes began to hurt ; Luhan's eyes bgean to shimmer and Teyeon's eyes began to be filled with jealousy.

"Hmm, looking for me?" Joohyun asked coldly, when she caught sight of Baekhyun smiling widely. Her heart shattered, and she let out a shaky breath. Luhan then reached out and grabbed her forearm," Are you okay? Are you feeling breathless?"

Joohyun raised her head to look at him, side of her hair covering her face and Luhan caught sight of tears in her eyes. His eyes wavered for a moment, as she replied," I am . . . I-I am not feeling well." Baekhyun's attention drfited to her," D-"

"I want to go home," she whispered hoarsly, before jerking her hand away from Luhan's grip. Turning around, she took a few shaky steps as she bit her lips to prevent her tears from falling. Luhan then grabbed her arm from behind, and slipped his other arm below her hand, supoorting her.

He then whispered into her ears," Let me send you home."

Turning behind, he nodded at Baekyun," Mind sending Taeyeon home? Thank you." With that, Luhan's concern was gestured towards Joohyun. 

 

 


[A/N] Hello! New story, and a totally brand new chapter. Woohoo! Come on, cheer with me, people /throws confetti

Okay, yes, jealousy bulding up in Taeyeon, control it, eonnie!

And of course, my lovely couple, SeoHan. Luhan ALWAYS looking out for the girl, ensuring that she is fine. But Joohyun never seems to pay attention to him >< Poor Luhan 3

Anyway, enjoy, and do remember to press the 'upvote' and also the 'subscribe' button, peep! ILY so much <3

 

_insanegirl_