Confession

Speak to Me

 

 

     Youngjae wakes me up. I'm tired from the lack of sleep, but as soon as I see his face I got reminded of what happened a couple of hours ago, and I hide under the covers from embarrassment.

 

     "Breakfast is waiting so hurry and wash up."

 

     I hear the sound of footsteps slowly get softer and my heartbeat starts to slow down.

 

     Why was it beating so darn fast?

 

     I take a couple of long breaths to calm myself down and step out of my bed to start off a new day.

 

++

 

     "Aren't you tired?" I randomly ask.

 

      "No."

 

      I take a scoop out of the omelet Youngjae made.

 

     "Why did my dad give the maids and servants a break?"

 

     Youngjae freezes as if he were hesitant on answering my question.

 

     "'Your dad says you should learn how to take care of yourself."

 

     "Then why are you doing everything for me?"

 

     He doesn't answer my question. Instead, his eyes opened wide, quietly put his spoon down and tried to be as motionless as possible.

 

     Sensing something was off, I too did not move an inch and stayed silent even though I was startled by his sudden behavior.

 

     "What's wrong?" I whisper. Youngjae puts a finger in front of his lips signaling to me not to speak. His eyes from side to side as if he was wondering what to do. He looks into my eyes and says in a low voice, "Get your backpack. We have to leave now."

 

     Quickly following his order, I grab my backpack which was behind me and start to tip-toe out along with Youngjae. He leads the way out the door and as soon as we quietly put on our shoes he grabs my wrists and starts running.

 

     After ten minutes of running to school Youngjae stops and lets go. I placed my hands on my knees to regulate my breathing. I look up at Youngjae and see him only panting lightly.

 

     "What happened?" I ask.

 

     "I heard a voice." He says. Youngjae takes out his phone to call the other subordinates and orders them to check if the house was ruined or anything was missing.

 

     "Well, what did that voice say?" I continue panting.

 

     "There were a lot more voices too."

 

     "Why would they be--"

 

     "Don't worry about it, let's just get to class."

 

++

 

     I couldn't focus in class because of what happened in the morning. How does Youngjae expect me to not worry about it?

 

     Daehyun's snoring woke me up from my thoughts. His snore wasn't loud to the point where the whole class could hear, especially since our teacher had a loud voice, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

 

     I smirk as I hit his head.

 

     "Stay awake," I order.

 

     "Shut the up Saehee," he mumbles, "I had to go on five consecutive missions last night."

 

     "Oh poor you, I don't care at all." I snort.

 

     This time I flick his forehead. "Wake up."

 

     "You are neither my mother, nor father, nor my ing teacher. Please, I beg you. Shut the up."

 

     "I am your boss' daughter. Your future depends on your actions towards me."

 

     He lazily lifts his head and gives me a sleepy look but I could tell he was trying to give me a glare and I let out a smile, chuckling along the way.

 

     The bell rings indicating that it's lunch.

 

     "Remember to include context, quote and analysis in your essay that's due tomorrow. Have a great lunch!" The teacher dismisses us.

 

     "Oh right, don't you have to go to the rooftop to see that first-year lover of yours?"

 

     "I'm not going."

 

     "Why?"

 

     "Because. It's a waste of time."

 

     I sort of have someone on my mind already.

 

     "Ey, that's not nice. If I were the guy, I'd probably be heartbroken."

 

     I slammed my book so hard that it made Daehyun jump. Glaring straight into his eyes, I lean closer and state, "I. Don't. ing. Care."

 

     "Ready to eat lunch?" Youngjae pops up out of no where. I quickly shift back away from Daehyun and stand up.

 

     "Let's go, I'm starving."

 

     Just then that same guy from yesterday comes up to us.

 

     "Noona! Are you not going to meet Jongup at the rooftop?" He asks.

 

     "No." I snap back.

 

     "Why?"

 

     "It's a waste of time. Who are you to call me noona? I don't even know you."

 

     "Oh right, where are my manners? My name is Zelo and I'm a first year, Jongup's friend. Sunbae, Jongup already expected that you wouldn't come and got you these flowers to persuade you to meet him."

 

     Zelo was hiding something from his back and reveals a bouquet of white flowers. I roll my eyes.

 

     "White flowers represent death." Youngjae states.

 

     "He also prepared you snacks." Zelo says, ignoring Youngjae's words. He takes out a perfectly triangular cheesecake.

 

     "Oo food? Thanks a lot kiddo!" Daehyun squeals as he reaches for the desert, but Zelo's hand swiftly retracts before Daehyun could steal it.

 

     "This is for noon-- I mean sunbae."

 

     "Tch."

 

     "Sunbae, Jongup prepared so much for you. He's actually a quite timid kid and it took him a lot of courage to come here. Can you at least talk to him? A short thirty-second conversation is all he needs."

 

     This kid did spend a lot of money on the flowers and snacks and I don't like it when people do stuff for me since then I feel obligated to do something in return for them. I guess the least I could do is have a brief conversation with him.

 

     "Fine."

 

     "Great. If you could walk this way, without these two hyungs."

 

     "Alright. I'll meet you at the lunch tables." I tell Youngjae and Daehyun.

 

     "I'll hold your cheesecake for you." Daehyun drools. I roll my eyes and start following Zelo out the door.

 

++

 

     "So where am I meeting this kid?" I ask.

 

     "He's nervously but patiently waiting on the rooftop." Zelo responds.

 

     Those were the only words we spoke to each other along the way. I think this kid either hates me or he's scared of me. Probably scared since he knows that my dad is a gangster.

 

     We finally reach the school rooftop, and I see a guy who's height is much shorter than Zelo's.

 

     "Jongup, she's here."

 

     He slowly turns around and smiles.

 

     Hey, I do remember this kid.

 

     "Hi noona, it's me."

 

     "You're still alive," I say.

 

     He smiles as he shyly looks down.

 

     "Yea, and I have a confession to make."

 

     "Let's hear it."

 

     I was expecting a "I've had a crush on you." or "I like you." but my eyes widen at the sound of a gun loading, followed up by the sight of Jongup pointing a gun at me five feet away.

 

     "I'm going to kill you."

 


 

A/N: Sunbae is used to call someone who is
your older colleuge. 
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share,
and upvote! . arigatou .
 
tumblr_mys27n3jvU1rnr7lbo2_500.gif look at jongup omg