A Day in Jail

Speak to Me

     The next day we walk together as a group with a plan: We get the information we need, and then hold them as hostages and kindly ask to spit out the real truth. If they do something sketchy at first though, then our plan goes vise versa.

 

     We do as we were told: Enter in the alleyway next to building K and walk all the way to the end. At the right there were a stack of boxes, and we pushed them over to find a door. As soon as we open it however, a loud ring of sirens were heard from across the street, and in front of us were Lay and his team out of their disguise as the mafia, and in their police uniforms.

 

     Are they seriously cops?

 

     “Where's Youngjae?” I ask as all of us pull out our own guns at our respective sides at our number one enemy. But Youngjae was suppose to keep watch and slowly follow from behind.

 

     – It was them when everything fell into its pieces: The reason why Youngjae suddenly popped out of nowhere, Lay appearing out of nowhere, the reason why Youngjae abruptly asked if he could follow behind and promised that he'd keep watch. God dang it, I shouldn't have thought that Youngjae wanted to start helping for once, but I guess I was totally wrong.

 

     I was the first to put down my gun after realizing our situation and mutter in the quietest voice as possible, “ you, Yoo Youngjae.”

 

     Lay walks up to me, dangling those dang handcuffs in front of his face, “July 21, 2014. 5:44 PM. Kim Saehee, you and your group are arrested for stealing money countless amount of times from innocent citizens and kidnapping the missing sons of Yoo Jaewook.”

 

     Kidnapping who?

 

     “From beyond this point, you guys have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you by the State.”

 

     A great sens of guilt and embarrassment flows all over throughout my mind. Not once was this group ever been caught by the police. I've heard of stories on how the previous bosses being followed and trailed by the police for a long period of time -even my dad as well, but they always had some kind of smart way to prevent themselves from being caught. So basically I am the first to be arrested and now this group's reputation is now ruined all because of me –wonderful.

 

     But a greater feeling than this: I've been furious a countless amount of times, and I'm pretty sure this is the most anger I felt throughout my entire life. Youngjae walks in the door, completely fine, standing next to Yoo Jaewook. I don't know if it's because he improved his acting skills, but he sure hella did not look one bit sorry.

 

     Then this means all this time he wasn't actually “mental” or “depressed,” It was just him acting? It does make all sense. I always thought it was weird of him for recovering so fast, but I tried to let it go, thinking it was just him trying his best to recover.

 

     But why is he doing all this?

++

 

     “This is so stupid,” Daehyun complains probably for the hundredth time within these five hours we've been stuck in this dreaded jail cell.

 

     “There's not a lot of bad people out there than I expected. We're the only ones in the midst of all these cells,” Yongguk replies for the hundredth time, trying to make things better.

 

     “I should have made the meeting time during the night where no one would've seen, and then we could have shot all those motherers to death,” I blame myself for the hundredth time.

 

     “When are we getting out of here?” Himchan yells. The cop that was watching us left at the fourth hour, and all we were doing was sitting on the hard wood floor, being watched by a security camera which I had a strong will to destroy with my now gone gun.

 

     The clock on the wall read that it was a quarter till eleven, and we haven't eaten since lunch. The rest of us could hold in our hunger, but it was Daehyun who couldn't stop complaining.

 

     “I swear, once we get out of here I'm going to stuff myself with 10 bowls of ramen. I'm craving ramen. So. ing. Badly. After I eat my bowls of ramen I'm going to find Yoo Youngjae an beat the living out of him for making me miserably starve like this --”

 

     “It hasn't even been a day since we starved,” I remind Daehyun.

 

     “I should be eating at least every five hours. My stomach and myself are not ing satisfied.”

 

     I don't know what Daehyun was more mad about: The fact that we got put into jail, or the fact that he hasn't had anything edible put into his mouth for the past ten hours.

 

     It was like God answered Daehyun's prayers when Youngjae secretly comes in through the door with a stack of lunch boxes. He slides them through the bars, but none of us accept it and watch him standing there, trying to say something, but not knowing how.

 

     He whispers in the most cautious tone he could let out, “Hanwul... he misses you, Saehee.”

 

     “Did Yoo Jaewook do anything to him?” I say, unable to hide my worried expression when I grip my hands tightly against the bars. Youngjae shakes his head which gives me the time to breathe, “Where is he?” I ask.

 

     “Somi and Hanwul are captured in a secret room. But nothing bad is happening to them,” Youngjae tries to reassure us. It was Daehyun's turn to furiously walk forward and tightly grab the bars, “Why are you guys keeping Somi? What are you going to do to her?”

 

     “Nothing, he's going to do nothing. Just trust me,” Youngjae explains.

 

     Daehyun scoffs, “You seriously expect us to believe you after all this crap you did to us?”

 

     “Please,” he pleads, “Just trust me. I'm doing this for all of your own goods.”

 

     Youngjae's eyes open wide and turns his head back to the door, seeing a clump of men in black suits walking towards him and grabbing both of his arms. They surround him, and Youngjae walks back along with the men. Once they leave, Yoo Jaewook comes through the door. He greets us, only to get a cold glare from all of us in return.

 

     “Wow, tough crowd,” he hums, not intimated by our presence at all and calmly sits down on a desk.

 

     “Do you guys really believe in Youngjae?” he asks, “even though he helped me in successfully capturing you guys?”

 

     “I believe him.”

 

     Yoo Jaewook was not surprised, “Of course you do, Kim Saehee. But you shouldn't, because look what happens when you guys still trust each other.”

 

     He opens up a laptop and opens up to a program that was connected to a camera in another room. There was a chair in the middle, and I could tell it was happening right now because the same men in black suits sat Youngjae down to a chair and tied him up.

 

     “Alright boys, you may begin,” Yoo Jaewook orders. There were three men surrounding Youngjae. One by one the took their own turns in hitting, punching, and kicking Youngjae. Each time they got to go again they hit harder. But still, Youngjae showed no signs of pain and continue to look straight forward.

 

     “Make sure to beat him up until he sleeps,” he says before closing the laptop back down. I was too shocked to say anything. Too many emotions flowing throughout my body. I spent five useless hours feeling anger and regret when I should have been thinking of a way to save Youngjae from this torture he was hiding.

 

     It was probably the same for the rest of my subordinates, as they were not able to release a single syllable from their mouths as well. Yoo Jaewook notices our worried silence and lets out a small chuckle, “Should I tell you guys something even more shocking?”

 

     He takes in our silence as a 'yes' and continues, “The next person who will experience your death is working extremely hard on his studies right now. --Trying to overcome Albert Einstein's knowledge. And the more sad thing about this situation is that, he'll die without anyone knowing.”

 

     He then lets out a nasty loud laugh, “He might be even dead right now!”

 

     The rest of us pass worried look towards each other. What do we do?

 

     Yoo Jaewook gets off from the desk and brings his laptop with him as he observes us and the lunchboxes Youngjae sneaked in.

 

     “Interesting,” He sighs, “I called Youngjae here to bring over this laptop, but he gave you guys food instead.”

 

     All of us together felt the guilt greatly bestow on us, staring down at the food, imagining the huge amount of effort it took Youngjae to sneak these in for us.

 

     “Enjoy your meal,” he says as he walks back out the door, “and make sure Youngjae didn't put any poison in it.”

 

++

 

     It was nearly three in the morning, the rest of my subordinates were fast asleep on the cold hard floor, except for me. (Himchan's head was laying and Yongguk's shoulder).

 

     I thought it was Youngjae who sneaked the door so carefully open, but to my disappointment it was the “almighty” cop, Lay. He sees me still awake and walks in front of the bar, and I stand up to mockingly greet him eye to eye.

 

     I bow, “You've worked hard, sir.”

 

     “You still call yourself a human being?” he disgustingly asks.

 

     “Will you ever so explain your question, sir? I can not find myself to understand.”

 

     “You knew your dad took Youngjae in, you knew he kidnapped him. I understand you guys growing fond of each other, but don't you think it was too much to kidnap Choi Yukyung's second son? What do you have against him? Why do you hate him so much?”

 

     I raise my eyebrow, he's getting something wrong.

 

     “Excuse, intelligent police officer, just what exactly did Choi Yukyung tell you?”

 

     He slams his hand onto the bar, “Stop ing with me and spit out the truth!”

 

     “Whoa, calm down, officer. Let me get this straight: You think I'm some money stealing, kidnapping children ?”, I laugh, finding amusement in how horrible the lie Lay believed in, “I'll admit I'm a money-stealing , but you guys got the kidnapping part totally messed up. Fist of all, the victim you think I'm kidnapping from, Choi Yukyung –a.k.aYoo Jaewook, have you bothered to do some background check up on him? He's a serial killer. He killed both of his wives –my subordinate, Zelo, and my friend. He's planning to kill another one of my subordinates, then me, then Youngjae, his own son --and you're telling me that my group and I deserve to be behind the bars right now?”

 

     He lets go of his grip against the bars. Lay didn't know whether to believe me or not. But I know most of him wanted to believe me, because I was right about him not doing any background check up on Yoo Jaewook by the screwed up expression on his face.

 

     “I'm tired, officer. You must be too. Get some rest,” I sit down against the cold hard wall.

 

      the police.

 


 

A/N: Excuse the errors, i didn't bother to
re-read this before uploading. I just wanted
to post a chapter for you guys. Make sure to
comment, subscribe, share, and upvote! . arigatou .