Rescuing Youngjae

Speak to Me

 

 

One Week Later

 

“Can I go on missions now?” I ask Dr. Park as he takes out my smelly patch from all the mixed puss and blood.

 

“Yes, but I don't recommend it. Miss Kim, I don't think I've ever seen you this excited to go on missions.”

 

“You barely even see me.”

 

“That's true, but if you keep getting hurt like this, you might just have to take back your words,” he places a fresh new patch on my cut. “--all good now. You can take this out by next week and throw it away. Your cut is all sealed, but there might be still some pain in your upper back and shoulder.”

 

I get up from my seat, “That won't effect me at all. Thank you once again, Dr. Park.”

 

“No problem once again, Miss Kim. Make sure to bring Youngjae and Zelo to me right after you save them.”

 

My eyes light up a bit, he knew? I nod and smile back, “I will.”

 

 

++

 

 

“Saehee, can you please just relax and sit down?” Daehyun groans.

 

 

I don't listen and continue pacing back and forth across the living room.

 

 

“I have my guns,” I whisper. “We packed extra, right? And you packed extra knives for yourself?”

 

He rolls his eyes, “For the millionth time, yes. We're all packed up and ready.”

 

My feet land firm on the ground as my body faces a bored Daehyun leaning his elbow on the arm of the couch, “Then why aren't we leaving? There's something wrong, isn't there?”

 

Daehyun stands up from the couch and walks up to me. He grabs my shoulders and leads me to the couch, “They're still checking if the coast is clear, please – go to sleep, if it helps.”

 

He pushes me down but I quickly get back up, “Go to sleep? Go. To. Sleep?! Do you think sleeping will help in this situation?!”

 

“It'd help me a lot,” Daehyun mutters.

 

“Can I please rip some of your hair out?”

 

He shields his head, “Absolutely no! Crazy , you seriously need to chill!”

 

“--Okay, so our plan is that I will go by myself into the dungeon to look for Zelo and Youngjae, you and Jongup look for Youngjae's dad while Himchan and Yongguk will keep guard,” I repeat to myself. “We'll get it done quick, and we'll leave quick and then it'd be all good. It'll be all ing good.”

 

Daehyun sighs, “Saehee, for the sake of your mental health, please calm the down.”

 

“I'm already calm! I'm totally ready for this!” I scream back.

 

The doors open and Himchan's head pops up, “You guys ready?”

 

“Am I ready? I'm more than ready!” I march down to the doorway.

 

“Are you sure?” Himchan asks, a little worried about my anxiety.

 

“Yes, of course, I'm--” I fall, unable to keep my balance from trying to put on my shoe.

 

“I think you need more time, Saehee.”

 

“Yes, I agree,” Daehyun comments.

 

 

Okay, from that point –I do agree I need more time. But the longing to save Youngjae overrides my fear, and I am more than determined to bring him back home.

 

 

He must have gone through so much this past week.

 

 

A black limo was driving us to the vacation home in the dark night. It took two hours just to get to get near the mountain. Since we can't make it too noticeable, the limo drops us off 2 miles from the vacation home and we walked the rest of the way. --More like, I ran the rest of the way and the rest of the guys had to keep up.

 

 

“Noona, watch out for the tree---”

 

 

I bang my head hard into the bark and fall back, landing in Jongup's arm. The rest of the guys finally caught up and let out tiny pants as they rest.

 

 

I lift myself up, “Thanks.”

 

“Are you okay? Don't push yourself too much.”

 

“I'm fine Jongup, I really am.”

 

 

Jongup's outline in the dark takes out a handkerchief and wipes the blood coming out of my forehead.

 

 

“Noona, you just ran a mile under five minutes. Are you really okay?”

 

I glare at Jongup, “What are you trying to say?”

 

“Well, you have to admit –you're not the most athletic person, but just ran a mile this fast.”

 

I roll my eyes, “I'm really fine. Who do you take your boss as?”

 

 

Jongup shrugs it off but we end up having to walk the rest of the way. Going against four guys didn't work out very well.

 

We finally reach the gates of the vacation home, and hide in the midst of all the trees before invading the home.

 

 

“Saehee, you remember how to get to the dungeons?” Himchan asks.

 

I nod, “Entering from the backyard, keep going straight until a wooden door comes up. Pass code is JaeC03eaJ, go down the stairs and make a left turn. Zelo's door should be on the far right,” I picture in my head.

 

“Be safe, alright dear?”

 

I nod, “You guys stay safe too.”

 

 

I start heading first until Daehyun's hand grabs mine. I turn back and see him holding up three of his knives.

 

 

“These are the sharpest ones I have. You don't even need to put an effort into stabbing someone. Use them when you're stuck.”

 

My hand reaches for the knives and I put them in a sheath which was hanging onto my pants, “Thank you, dumb .”

 

“Don't die.”

 

I ruffle Daehyun's soft hair, “You too. And make sure to save Youngjae when you see him. If you don't, I will beat the living out of you.”

 

He leans away from my hand, “I got it, crazy . You're prince charming will return safe and sound. Just don't forget about Zelo along the way.”

 

“I won't,” I turn away and start running around the vacation house, into the backyard. There was a nice pool and jacuzzi set up along with a grill and many tables and seats. I carefully search for security cameras and shoot the two I find. There were no more in sight, so I jump over the fence and tumble onto the concrete floor.

 

 

Walking through the hallways I remember to take care of every security camera in sight. As I continue walking though, there was a person guarding the wooden door. I easily shoot a bullet right into his forehead and he collapses to the ground. Stepping on top of him I carefully enter the password and the door beeps open.

 

I quickly go in and shut the door before anyone catches me and slowly walk down the dark flight of stairs, torches being the only light guiding me down this chilly dungeon. Once I reached the grounds there were already cells in front of me and to my sides, but they were all empty. Going to the left, I go straight until there was a person sleeping in a chair, in front of Zelo's cell. I shoot the guy when I have the chance and he never wakes up from his sleep.

 

 

“Who's there?” A hoarse voice echos through the cell.

 

My eyes light up, “Junhong? It's me, Saehee.” I walk up in front of the bars and see his scratched and bruised face. His eyes were full of fear and longing to be free. I look around me and down at the security guard, eying a rusty key hanging onto his pants. I cut it off with one of the knives Daehyun provided me and open Zelo's cell.

 

His body immediately clings onto mine, “I thought I was going to die,” his voice shakes.

 

I shush him and pat his back, “You're safe now, Junhong. We're going to go back and you're going to be alright.”

 

 

My heart was calm as I thought everything went as planned, until we heard footsteps running towards the cell. Zelo lets go and drags me back into his cell. He hides me on the other side, into the dark corner as he goes back and sits in front of the bar. He orders me to stay silent as he signals a finger in front of his lips.

 

I do my best to camouflage into the room as I stick my back against the cold wall. I watch Zelo's eyes widen as his doors open.

 

Youngjae walks in.

 

 

“Junhong-ah, what happened? Who did this? Here, I brought food.”

 

 

Youngjae bends down and lays out dishes of left over food he secretly gathered. Unable to respond from his hunger, Zelo digs in and shoves the chicken and fruits into his mouth with his hands.

 

 

No ing way. Youngjae is here, right in front of my eyes.

 

 

Youngjae's wide eyes shoot towards my direction.

 

 

Youngjae, it's me. Saehee.

 

 

“Saehee?” He repeats.

 

 

It's me, I step out and reveal myself from the darkness.

 

 

He drops the rest of Zelo's food and immediately runs over to me, wrapping his arms around me as I do the same to him.

 

 

“Youngjae, I can't breathe.”

 

He loosens his tight embrace, but still keeps his arms around me and looks into my eyes, “I can't believe you're here.”

 

“Well, I am standing here in front of you right now.”

 

“What kind of crazy thought brought you here? Are you in your right mind?”

 

I frown a bit, “I'm here to save you, what else?”

 

He lets go of me, “You need to get out of here, right now. Leave with Junhong.”

 

“You're coming with me too.”

 

“No, I'm not.”

 

“Why not?”

 

 

Just then Himchan's voice crackles through the walkie-talkie, “You guys, get out of there now. Youngjae's dad found out we're here and set timed bombs all over this place. We need to go, now.”

 

--Sort of impossible,” Daehyun's voice pants, “Jongup and I are sort of being out-numbered by the enemy. --Oh, and by sort of, I mean really –It's really impossible, and Jongup and I are really out-numbered by the enemy.”

 

Yongguk and I will go--”

 

Youngjae snatches the walkie-talkie away from me, “This is Youngjae. Don't come in here, I'll go help Daehyun and Jongup. Saehee and Junhong are coming out – you guys just say and wait.”

 

Alright, glad to have you back, Youngjae.”

 

 

He hands the device back to me and sticks out his hand, “Gun, please.”

 

 

I automatically reach and take out my small gun, placing it in Youngjae's hand.

 

 

“You're going to come out with Daehyun and Jongup, right?” I ask,

 

He gulps and looks in my eyes for a while, but then reaches his lips to peck mine, “Go out with Junhong through the backyard and hop over the fence. Don't worry about Daehyun and Jongup, I'll make sure they leave this place with you guys.”

 

“Yoo Youngjae, tell me you're coming out too.”

 

He ignores me and faces Zelo, “Junhong, it's not time to eat, hurry and leave with Saehee.”

 

Zelo takes his last bite and stands up, “Stay safe hyung. Thanks for always keeping me full.”

 

Youngjae nods, “Make sure to protect Saehee.”

 

“I will.”

 

With that Youngjae runs out of the cell and up the stairs. Zelo grabs my hand, “Don't worry about Youngjae. Let's get out of here.”

 

“Junhong-ah, Youngjae will come with us, right?”

 

“Of course, noona. Now come on, we don't have that much time.”

 

 

We run out and up the stairs. As soon as we open the door, there were almost a flood of dead people lying through the hallways, and the chorus of gunshots could be heard from a distance. Zelo takes the lead and starts running, dragging me along. He opens the sliding door and pushes me up the fence first. I sit on top and reach my hand down at him, until two people who were chasing us run out the door.

 

One guys shoots Junhong in the arm. My heart almost stops but I manage to take out one a knife and stab right through one the guy's chest. The other guys lets out two more bullets and runs back inside.

 

 

Not at me, but right at Junhong.

 

I start shaking once I see him lifeless on the ground.

 

 

“J-Junhong. Hurry up and grab my hand, we have to go.... there's no time.”

 

 

His lifeless soul would not respond no matter how much a try convincing myself he's still alive.

 

 

He can't be dead. He's not dead.

 

 

“Zelo! Hurry up and grab my hand!”

 

 

It was no use trying to replace the blood flowing out of his body with ketchup or red paint. It wasn't like the blood in the movies. It was real, and Junhong was really dead.

 

 

“CHOI JUNHONG!”

 

 

Please, don't die. I want to play with you and Youngjae again. I want--

 

 

Something pulls my feet down over the fence, and I land on someone's chest with his bulky arms wrapping my waists.

 

 

“What the , Yongguk?! Junhong is still on the other side! Let me go!” I cry out through my tears.

 

“Saehee, we heard everything. Zelo is dead, there's nothing we can do now,” Himchan says next to us.

 

 

I get back on my feet and try climbing over the fence, only to be stopped this time by Himchan. He pulls my arm and harshly grabs my shoulders, looking into my bawling eyes.

 

 

“Kim Saehee, do you not understand?! Youngjae got Daehyun and Jongup out, but didn't come out himself! Do you know why? Because he knew that if he did, then not only you'd die, but all of us will go with you, even Youngjae! Do you really want it like that?!”

 

 

I try releasing myself out from Himchan's grip by yanking my elbow away, but he only tightens his grip on me and slams me into the fence, trying to wake some sense into my mind. He takes a deep breath and calms himself before speaking.

 

 

“We heard it directly from Youngjae's dad, that he's re-locating and he's taking Youngjae with him. There was nothing we can do right now because we didn't want your life taken away. Let's just give this some time, and we'll find where they're staying and rescue Youngjae another time, alright? I'm sorry about Zelo, but there's nothing we can do.”

 

“No, this is not happening,” I mutter. Everything was going so well, why is this suddenly happening? This is unacceptable, why am I so weak? I want to go back, but what's the use? It won't bring Junhong back from the dead, and will Youngjae even agree to come with us?

 

 

you, Kim Saehee.

 

 

Himchan places his hands on my cheeks and wipes some of my falling tears, “Not even the smartest or richest person on this planet is able to find the cure for cancer. There are only so much us humans are capable of. I promise you, Youngjae will be fine. Take a deep breath, calm down, and let's go back and drink some tea.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That night was the last time I have ever seen or heard about Youngjae.

 


 

A/N: Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote!
. arigatou . :)