I'm the New Mafia Boss?(!)

Speak to Me

 

     My dad's in the hospital? How and why?

 

     "Your dad is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer." Youngjae explains.


     It's terminal?


     "How long does he have to live?" I ask.


     Himchan sighs. "The longest is two weeks. The worst case scenario, he might die tomorrow if his condition takes a turn for the worst."


     My eyebrows furrow together.


     "Why he didn't tell me? And why are you guys only telling me this now?"


++


     "Why would I have to tell my unappreciative daughter when you don't even care about me?"


     My dad's voice is so soft, it almost sounds inaudible. He tried to scream at me even though his throat hurts. Have I always caused him this much pain?


     "You must think I look disgusting right now, don't you? Might as well look down on me when you still have the chance!"


     "Boss, I'm pretty sure Saehee doesn't think that way. Please stop yelling," Himchan pleads.


     "How would you ing know? After her mom passed away, the only time we have conversations is when she talks back with that dirty mouth of hers!"


     "Why are you bringing Mom into this? She doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about!"


     Maybe my dad is right. I do only yell back during the times I talked to him. But he's ing pissing me off right now.


     "And it's not like I'm the only one who talks with a dirty mouth! Where do you think I got it from? You think you're so great, being a mafia boss but I'm guessing it doesn't feel so great right now, does it?!-"'


     "Saehee, that's enough." Youngjae says.


     "Don't even get me started on you, Youngjae. Taking care of me like I'm a child or something, bull! We're the same age and you act like you're all high and mighty--"


     "Will you shut the up?!" My dad exclaims, letting out coughs containing blood. "Who brought this ing girl here?! Take her away, all she ever does is nag, so ing annoying!"


     I stood standing still, surprised by the blood.


     I wonder, if I really was a good daughter, what would I be doing right now? Apologizing to my dad for all my wrong doings? Will I be taking care of him as well as I can? I'm talking back to hide my fear, but I don't even think about doing any of those anymore. My anger overrides my state of mind and my feet storm out of his room. I storm all the way until I get to the elevator.


     What now?


     Where will I go after I leave the hospital?


     "Saehee,"


     I look back and see Daehyun rushing behind me.


     Damn it.


     I press the elevator button to go down. The doors open and I quickly step inside before he catches up. I quickly press the button to the doors close , but it was too late cause Daehyun's hand went in between the doors. He walked in and allowed the doors to close. He pressed a button and the elevator started lowering to the first floor. I avoid eye contact to prevent Daehyun from striking up a conversation. When I do take a glance at him, he's just looking in front of him with a blank stare. Once the elevator stops and the door opens, I quickly walk out until his hand takes hold my wrists.


     "Let's go together."


++


     "Can you please let go of my hand?" I ask.


     Daehyun took us to a park and we started walking around.


     "No, or else you might run away."


     "Are you sure it's not because of a different reason?"


     Daehyun gulps. "Absolutely not, what other reason would there be?"


     We come to a stop in front of a field of grass. He sits down on the ground and he tugs on my hand.


     "Sit."


     I roll my eyes and take a seat next to him.


     "I thought you liked Youngjae. I was a bit thrown back when you told him off directly to his face," he admits.


     "Does that make you feel good?" I ask.


     "Not really --maybe a little. Does it make you feel good?"


     I ponder about his question for a while. I've been having annoying but girly thoughts about Youngjae these days. By now, I have to admit that I do like him. No, it doesn't make me feel better. I don't need the guy I like to like me back but I don't want him to hate me. What does he think of me after all I've said to him?


     I hug my knees and rest my head on my knees.


     "No." I mumble.


     "Then did telling off your dad make you feel good too?" he asks.


     I look back up and look front.


     "No," I sigh." It doesn't."


     "Your dad may be a mafia boss, but he's still your father. He may be scary but he does know how to care about people."


      "He thinks I'm an unappreciative, annoying, foul mouthed daughter. He hates me."


     "Woah there, don't think like that. He's just not good at expressing affection. I'm pretty sure he never told you about his sickness because he was worried that you might worry too much. I mean, he hasn't kicked you out of the house, has he? He even sent Youngjae to look after you. He does care, its just that he's not good at expressing it."


     "Then there isn't a need to fire all the maids and servants."


     "Yea, I'm not too sure on that myself, but maybe he's trusting Youngjae to handle everything.”


     "So what's going to happen to me? What's going to happen to you guys?"


     Daehyun takes a deep breath.


     "It all depends on which path you decide to take. You could live your own independent life, or you could take your dad's place and become our boss."


     "That's weird if I become your boss. Himchan and Yongguk are older. Youngjae, you and me are the same age. Plus I'd have to take care of all the missions, alliances, and –"


     How does my dad take care of all this stuff? Not only does he have his job and myself, but he has Youngjae, Daehyun, Yongguk, and even Himchan to take care of.


     "I'm fine with it -you becoming our boss. But it's all your choice."


     "But I can't even do something simple as stabbing people." I mutter.


     I pout. Daehyun lets out a smile and pats my head. "You'll learn eventually."


     My eyes met Daehyun's. "If I choose not to succeed my dad, where are you planning to go?"


     "Hm, I'll probably try to live normally like how a normal 'clean' citizen would."


     "You're not going to even come to school?"


     "No, I'll probably work part-time jobs, because I'd need money. Your dad has been paying for my apartment bills and others."


     Oh right, Daehyun doesn't have parents. He's been living on his own -- and I heard you get paid a lot to assassinate people.


     "Fine," I whisper.


     "Hm?"


     "I'll take over my dad."


     Daehyun's jaw drops. "Are you serious?"


     "I'm only doing it because I feel like since I haven't done anything for my dad, whereas he's done a lot for me. Don't think it's for you or Youngjae or anyone else!"


      "Of course," he smiles widely, "Come on, let's go back and tell everyone the good news!"


     "Good news my ," I mumble.


     We start walking back until Daehyun brings up something.


     "Oh, just saying you were going to be a mafia boss anyway. Your dad already wrote his will and said that all his belongings and money go to you, plus his job. Which means, there is no other way for you but to become our boss."


     I stop walking and glare at Daehyun.


     "Pardon?"


     "Congratulations on becoming the new boss?" Daehyun cowardly says, knowing the danger he created himself.


     "Then why did you say all that just now?"


     He rubs his chin, "because it makes me sound cool." He tries to play it off by rubbing his chin with two of his fingers and looking off into the distance.


     I roll my eyes. "Jung ing Daehyun. You are so dead."


      Daehyun darts away and I catch up to jump on his back and tug on his hair.


     "Ow -Saehee! Why do you love pulling my hair out?!" He screams as he gets a hold of my legs.


     "Why do you love to mess with me so much?! That's no way to treat your new boss!"


     "I'm sorry, boss."


     I kick the back of his thigh. He almost drops me.


     "Carry me back like this, that's an order."


     "Yes ma'm'" he mumbles.

 


 

A/N: How we (girls) all wish we could have a friend like Daehyun? :)
Never gets mad at you, always playful and caring. Well,
what's your idea type of boy or gir? Comment, subscribe,
share, and upvote! . arigatou . 
 
tumblr_myrpipaUTU1qa5frfo1_500.gif oh, himchan. you need to focus