Noona Nekkoya

Speak to Me

 

     By the time we got home, Zelo still hasn't returned and we ended up going out again to look for him.

 

     “Saehee, you should stay home.” Youngjae suggests.

 

     “Why? I want to go and directly talk to Zelo.”

 

     Youngjae doesn't reply and stares back at the window. I turn to Jongup and ask, “So where are we exactly going?”

 

     “A park. There's a lake where Zelo likes to hang around.”

 

     “We are here,” Yongguks says as he pulls the car over. We all get out, and as soon as I put my feet on the ground, I feel a quick pain throbbing in my head before it subsides in a second.

 

     “Oo! A food vendor,” Daehyun squeals. “I'm going to go buy some hotdogs, you guys go on ahead.”

 

      “Jung Daehyun, come back here.” Himchan orders.

 

     “But hyung, we didn't even get to eat lunch today!” He whines.

 

     Himchan sighs, “Fine. Then makes sure you buy some for Saehee, Youngjae, and Jongup.”

 

     “Alrighty!” He says as he skips away in joy.

 

     I swear, all Daehyun thinks about is food.

 

     Since the lake was huge, we had to split up into teams to hasten things up, Himchan, Yongguk, and Jongup went on one side, while Youngjae and I went on the other.

 

     The throbbing pain in my head comes back, and my heart suddenly starts to beat a little faster.

 

     Youngjae holds my hand as the pain goes away, “Are you alright?”

 

     “Yeah. I'm fine, I don't know why my head is hurting right now.”

 

     I feel like I've been here before.

 

     He doesn't reply but squeezes my hand as we continue walking together. I look out into the lake, amazed by the beautiful moonlight reflecting off the water, almost making it look like there were sparkles coming out of it, especially with the fishes giving the effect of rippling water.

 

     A little smile comes on my face when I see two little turtles, paddling as hard as they can with their short arms and legs. I breathe in the air, feeling at peace in this familiar environment.

 

     -until Youngjae stops walking.

 

     “Found him.”

 

     I look in front of me and see Zelo sitting on the green grass, throwing pebbles into the water. I let go of Youngjae's hand, “Stay here, I'm going to talk to him privately.”

 

     He agrees before I make my way over. I call out Zelo's name, and he shoots me as surprised look, standing up with his big eyes widening.


 

     “How'd you know I'm here?” He asks.

 

     “Jongup told me.”

 

     He relaxes his eyes and faces the lake, “What do you want?”

 

     “Is there a reason why you hate me so much? What wrong did i ever do?”

 

     He shoots me a glare. “Are you really saying that because you really don't know, or are you just faking it?”

 

     My eyebrows furrow together. “What are you talking about? I seriously don't understand.”

 

     He scoffs. “You seriously don't remember? You, me, Youngjae, our past.”

 

     Youngjae suddenly comes in and stands in front of me, “Zelo, that's enough.”

 

     “I can't believe it. No matter how big the accident I caused in the past was, I never expected you to hate me this much!”

 

     “Zelo, shut the hell up.”

 

     As I look at Youngjae, I become worried. I've never seen him this panicky. What are they both hiding from me?

 

     “You shut the hell up, Yoo Youngjae! I bet you were enjoying your time, having noona all to yourself. It's so unbelievable that you guys would treat me like I'm invisible.”

 

     “Choi Junhong!”

 

     How does Youngjae know Zelo's real name?

 

     By then, the throbbing in my head got worse and my heart was beating so fast to the point where it ached that I fell to my knees.

 

     “Noona!” Zelo runs up to me, “Noona, are you alright?”

 

     Youngjae scrunches down,“You idiot, I told you to shut up.”

 

     At that moment, I swear I saw a younger version of Youngjae and Zelo before my eyes closed and everything went black.

 

++

 

     “Noona! Hyung! Let's go to the lake again!” The little Zelo insists. He grabs both of our hands and drags us out into the streets.

 

     “You guys! Make sure not to go near the water!” The maid reminds us. We were too excited and jolly, and ran with all our might, because "the last one there would be the rotten egg".

 

     “Haha, Junhong! You are the rotten egg!” Little Youngjae teases.

 

     “No I'm not!” He cries.

 

     “Aish, Yoo Youngjae! Why do you have to make our little baby cry?”

 

     I embrace Zelo as he wets my shoulder with his tears.

 

     “Junhong is just crying just because he's jealous that you will marry me, not him,” Youngjae continues with his teasing as he sticks his tongue out, only causing Zelo to wail even more.

 

     “Youngjae, can you please shut up? It's okay Zelo, I won't marry a guy like Youngjae. He's too mean, and you're much taller than him. I like tall guys better.”

 

     It didn't help as Zelo muffles into my shirt, “Noona is a liar! I see you and hyung always kissing!”

 

     I bush at his remark. But continue to pet his head, until I think of an idea and pull Zelo back.

 

     “Junhong, how about this? I'll only date Youngjae for now, and you and I can get married together in the future, alright?”

 

     His tears slowly stop as he sniffles, “You promise?”

 

     I let out a pinky, “Pinky promise.”

 

     Zelo smiles as he locks my pinky with his, “Noona nekkoya!”

 

     Youngjae rolls his eyes, “Can we just play tag now?”

 

     I glare at Youngjae until I shove him and start running, “Youngjae's it!”

 

     We continue to run around, each of us constantly being “it.” The lack of oxygen and sweat running down our heads don't bother our tiny bodies. Especially when Zelo was 'it' and he was planning to tag his noona.

 

     I ran with all my might, at the edge of the lake. Remembering the maid's words, I make myself away from the lake, until Zelo pushed me.

 

     “Tag, noona's it!”

 

     I stumble and my body splashes into the water. I didn't know how to swim, and my head tried to stay above the water surface, but my desperate splashing only got me going farther from the grass. My eyes began to burn as they remained open before slowly sinking into the water. All I could see was a faint sight of Zelo and Youngjae, screaming at me to hang in there.

 

     It was then when everything was wiped out and everyone was forgotten from my memory.

 

 


 
A/N: //runs away// 
 
Make sure to comment, share, subscribe, and upvote
despite this chapter being so short . arigatou .