A Day With Losers

Speak to Me

 

 

     "Kim Saehee, wake up," a voice calls out.

     I let out a moan in return, not wanting to wake up from my peaceful sleep. I am as comfortable as I can be. Laying down in the right position, cuddled up perfectly in my blanket, eyes stubbornly remaining closed. If anyone disturbs my peace, I will destroy them.

     "Kim Saehee, wake up," the voice repeats. Then, I feel someone shaking me, trying to wake me up. I slowly open my eyes and see Youngjae trying to wake me up. He is wearing an apron and smells like cinnamon.

     "What are you doing?" I ask with my hoarse morning voice.

     "Time for breakfast, " he responds.

     "I don't want to eat."

     He frowns. "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Without your nutrition, you will not be able to be productive today."

    "That's perfect because I have no plans on being productive."

     "I am not able to leave you like this. Your father ordered me to look after you when he's gone."

     "Gone? Where did he go?" I ask.

     "I am not allowed to reveal his location"

     "Suit yourself," I say as I sit up and stretch out my arms.

 

++

 

     I am the type of person who is unable to focus on more than one thing at a time. I only put my focus on one thing which explains my bad grades at school. Last year during the finals, I aced my math portion while failing the rest. As for today, there is just a little too much food on the dining table for me to focus eating. Taking a break from the huge amount of food, I noticed that our maids were all gone.

     "Where are all the maids and servants?" I ask.

     "On a break." Youngjae replies as he starts cutting his pancake with his knife into pieces I look down at my crisp and brown pancake.

     "You made this?"

     "Yes, I did." he says as he pours syrup on the pancake. He then takes his plate and exchanges it with mine, giving me his cut pancake.

     "Oh, thanks." was all I could say.

     Youngjae doesn't reply and starts cutting up my untouched pancake for himself. I notice that his answers are always short and concise. No extra details, only the necessary words. I wonder why he speaks that way. Is it just his character? Or is there a side he's hiding? Then I start to wonder many more things. How did he meet with my father? What about his biological parents? Favorite color? Favorite food? What school does he go to? How does he know Daehyun?

     Oh yea, Daehyun.

     Right when I wonder about Daehyun, Youngjae heals my curiosity. "Daehyun also works under your father."

     What? Did he read my mind or something, or did it just happen because he wanted to talk about something? But the fact that he started a question doesn't seem very much like him, but who knows? It's only been 16 hours since I met him.

     "Goooood morning, ladies and gentlemen!" Daehyun says as he comes in, barging through the door.

     Youngjae casually gets up from his seat to get another plate of pancakes for Daehyun.

     "What are you doing here?" I ask Daehyun.

     "Well, since you're not going to school, I see no point for me to go either," he explains.

     He then grabs a seat right next to Youngjae.

     "What are you--"

     "Daehyun was ordered to keep an eye on you this whole time," Youngjae reveals.

     Wait, what?

     Youngjae repeats himself, "Daehyun was ordered to keep an eye on you this whole time."

     He places the pancake on a plate and places it two seats away from Youngjae, where Daehyun was originally sitting.

     "Really, Youngjae?" Daehyun asks. Youngjae shoots him a look, telling him to go sit over where he placed his pancake. Daehyun sighs and gets up from his seat, but doesn't sit where Youngjae places his meal. Instead, he makes his way over and sits next to me.

     Daehyun sees me giving him that judging look. "Why does everyone hate me?"

     "Care to explain yourself first?" I ask.

 

++

 

     "4 years ago, I met your father. I was like an abandoned son, living my 8th day out on the streets. By the fifth day I was homeless, I already gotten used to the so-called 'thug-life'. I'd fight people everyday, and I don't think there was a day where my body was clean from any scars or bruises. I got angry real easily. I assumed everyone thought I was disgusting, and I didn't like them pitying on me. That's what led me to street fighting."

     Daehyun takes a break to devour a mouthful of pancake into his mouth, and actually swallows before speaking.

     "Anyway, I remember it being really dark that day, darker then usual. It got my fighting spirit up. I was ready to fight. There I was, leaning like I was some kind of cool kid, in the dark alley against the brick wall. As usual, thugs came and I started a fight. I was winning, until --"

     Youngjae cut him off. "No you weren't, you were practically almost dying."

     "You were there?" I ask.

     "Yes."

     "Hey! It's because you guys came too late, I was doing a pretty good job until-"

     "No, we watched you from the start. You fell on their first punch."

     "Shut up!"

     "Can you please continue with your story?" I ask.

     "Sure, Saehee." Daehyun mutters, calming himself first before going on. "Like Youngjae said, I was 'practically dying'" he mumbles. "But then your dad decided to save me and ordered Youngjae to stop the fight and he instantly killed the people who were beating me up."

     My eyes were wide open with amazement. "Wow, you didn't hesitate at all?"

     "Nope." Youngjae responded.

     "You're amazing."

     Youngjae doesn't reply and takes a bite out of his pancake, and I do the same as well.

     "So what happened after? You seem like a peaceful person, how did you fix your short temper?"

    "Your dad was on the verge of killing me until I fixed my habit." Daehyun speaks with his mouth full. "You wouldn't understand, he gave me a lot of personal talks along with lectures that had a lot of cussing and stuff. After I came to my senses and actually started living like a normal person again, I started doing 'normal' work for you father regularly, and he even gave me a special mission to stalk you."

     And there it goes, bits of chewed pancake spits out of Daehyun's mouth, landing right on Youngjae's face.

     I try not to laugh, since I don't want to be rude. I manage to keep my laughter in, but Daehyun couldn't stop laughing hysterically.

     Youngjae diligently starts to wipe the food off his face, " you, Daehyun."

     "This is why you shouldn't have moved my seat!"

 

++

 

     I never really took a tour in my house. All I knew was that there was a living room, kitchen and dining room, and me and my dad's room. So when I went to the outside training track, it's like I entered a new universe.

     "Wait, why am I here in the first place?"

     "To be able to kill efficiently, you'll have to be able to run far distances, just in case you need to run away, and have a lot of stamina. Let's see how long it takes you to run a mile. This whole track is a mile. So do your necessary stretching for ten minutes, and then we'll go." Youngjae orders.

     I wasn't able to start stretching, "But why--"

     "No use, Saehee!" Daehyun calls out from afar. "If Youngjae has one plan in mind, he's not going to listen to anything but his own mind!"

     "Then what do I do?" I call back.

     "Just listen to him for now!"

     I look back at Youngjae and see him with a timer in his hand, looking out to the distance, waiting for me to get prepared. Unsure of what to do to prepare for a mile, I figure I should stretch my legs, so I do some lunges to warm-up.

 

++

 

     "Alright, you're time is up. Ready, go." Youngjae tells me.

     "Wait, what?"

     "Run Saehee, run!" Daehyun says as he watches from afar.

     "What the am I doing?" I say. I don't know what got me to do it, but I was actually running. By the time I came back around to Youngjae, I was panting and sweating like I came back from some five hour work out session.

     "11 minutes and 56 seconds." He announces. "Drink some water," Youngjae passes me a water bottle and I barely catch it. My legs are weak from running, but why are my arms weak too?

     Just then Youngjae comes up to me with a towel and starts wiping off all my sweat for me. He sees my frozen face. "If you don't drink water, you might pass out from dehydration."

     I blink a couple of times before coming to reality and drink my water. "You don't have to wipe my sweat. I could do it on my own."

     "Suit yourself." Youngjae responded. He hands me the sweaty towel and walks away. I start wiping my own sweat and look over at Daehyun and see him staring at me. Once we make eye contact he gives me a thumbs up. Are you serious? I ran a fricken mile in eleven minutes.

     "Keep up the good work Sahee!"

     Why is this happening to me?

     "Father's orders," Youngjae says, suddenly popping up out of no where. Is he really reading my mind or something?

     "Alright, to be able to use a knife, you'll need to be able to hold it properly first."

     My body starts automatically shaking when I see the knife, thinking back to that night.

     "H-Hey, look." I tell Youngjae, "I have no intention of fighting ever again-"

     He cuts me off by placing his surprisingly warm hand on top of mine, handing me the knife.

     "All it takes is practice," is all he says. He then moves his hand to make mine grip the knife. "Your thumb should go a little right here," he says as he moves my thumb a little to the left. "Perfect. Now go stab Daehyun."

     "What?!"

     "Hey! Just because I'm far away doesn't mean I can't hear!"

     "Go, before it's too late," Youngjae orders.

     "You're kidding, right?"

     "No."

     Daehyun then stomps his way over to us. "She's not even holding it correctly! What are you trying to teach her? Her thumb should be right here!" He moves my thumb a little to the right.

     "No, you're wrong, I'm right." Youngjae protests, moving my thumb back to its original spot.

     "Clearly, if she puts her thumb on this spot, it's more likely for the knife to slip out of her hand you dumb !"

     "This mother er." Youngjae whispers. "Please go away. Boss ordered me to train her."

     "You want to go, Youngjae? Let's go! one and one, right now!"

     "Please stop being so ing immature right now. It's embarrassing."

 

++

 

     So basically the result of the rest of my "training",

     Daehyun tried to win against Youngjae and he'd thought it'd work if he kept screaming, but Youngjae calmly responded with his usually emotionless tone, and it resulted in me getting no benefits on learning how to stab people.

 


 
A/N: Hope this made you laugh :) Don't
know if my story is very pleasing to your
minds, so leave a comment? I'll use your
feedback to improve my story. arigatou . 
also make sure to subscribe, share and upvote
 
tumblr_mynoak5Wcv1rqfbd7o3_250.giftumblr_mynoak5Wcv1rqfbd7o8_250.gif