Who Are You?

Speak to Me

     I wake up the next morning to see the guys eating a tray of rice, soup, and other side dishes. Outside the bar was Lay's back facing towards us as he types something up on the computer.

 

     “Good morning Saehee.” Himchan says as he notices my awakening.

 

     “The soups a little cold now, but you shoud eat,” Yongguk says as he pushes a tray still full of a non-eaten meal towards me. I push it back, “I don't want it.”

 

     Lay takes a quick and slight turn back at us, and then returns in doing his work again.

 

     So he's listening well.

 

     “Come one Saehee, you didn't even eat yesterday's dinner.”

 

     “No, I'm not eating or doing anything that deals with this facility: the police,” I reply.

 

     I hear Lay stop tapping.

 

     “Saehee,” Himchan mutters to me, “The longer we act up, the longer we stay in here.”

 

     “Don't care. We're in here for the stupidest reason after all.”

 

     “Says the person who got us in this ,” Daehyun mumbles.

 

     Lay suddenly gets up from his seat with a walkie-talkie in his hand in which he puts near his mouth to speak as he walks towards us.

 

     “Sugang University. Dorm number Two-Six-Zero. Student Moon Jongup. Keep him in a twenty-four hour watch starting from now.”

 

     Our sitting selves look up into Lay's eyes in bewilderment. Is he helping us right now?

 

     “I did your requested background check on Choi Yukyung, and the results did not match up with your statement from last night. However, I did search up Yoo Jaewook, and some sketchy things did pop up –it shows that he's missing. But when I asked my superiors about it, they told me nothing about the case.”

 

     I look behind his shoulder and see Yoo Jaewook's profile on the screen. I then look into his eyes again and they did seem like they were serious. But then again, I got the fact about Youngjae being mentally disabled totally wrong for a quite amount of time.

 

     Lay notices my suspicion and rolls his eyes, “Are you with Moon Jongup right now?” he speaks through his walkie talkie, “Alright. Put him through.”

 

     “Hello?” Jongup's voice rigns through Lay's talking device.

 

     “Moon Jongup this is Lay. Just wanted to inform you that your fellow members are safe.”

 

     “Uh... ok. Is something wrong?”

 

     “Yes, something is. But it won't affect you that much with our protection.”

 

     “I don't need protection.”

 

     “Yes, Moon Jongup. You do.”

 

     “Okay.”

 

     “Alright guys, make sure to keep him on full watch.”

 

     Lay gives us the now-you-believe-me? look before putting his walkie-talkie back into his pocket and turns his back away from us to walk out the door.

 

     “Wait,” I stop him. “I have a question.”

 

     He turns around again, “Yes?”

 

     “Do you even know where Yoo Youngjae and Yoo Jaewook are doing right now?”

 

     There was a slight flinch in his eyes, obviously showing that he does not know where they are or what they're doing.

 

     A sigh comes out from my mouth, “Please look for them.”

 

      the police. They can't even do anything properly.

 

++

 

     The clock struck five in the evening and the five of us were literally slightly going crazy being held in this suffocating tiny jail cell. In other words, I'm starting to go crazy after being stuck with my three annoying subordinates the whole day.

 

     “Shut up, Daehyun!” I order for the hundredth time, because he keeps complaining a hundred times.

 

     “Ramen, ramen” he repeats as he rolls on the wood floor in the most bothersome way as he continuously bumps into everyone.

 

     Lay walks in through the door and all of us stand up as well, looking forward to see what other bull he has to spit at us.

 

     “We have a bit of crisis.”

 

     “We were always in a crisis,” I reply.

 

     “Choi Hanwul is missing.”

 

     My eyes open in concern and I open my mouth to yell at Lay to ask him what the was he doing, and if he really is a police or not?

 

     “ – and so are Yoo Youngjae and Choi Yukyung.”

 

     Anger stirred through me and I harshly grab the bars, trying to shake it open, “What the are you seriously doing right now?!”

 

     Daehyun comes next to me, “Jang Somi. Is she doing alright?”

 

     Lay furrows his eyebrows in confusion, trying to recall a person named Jang Somi. He successfully remembers as his face brightens up, “Ah, the citizen who reported the missing child. Yes, she's fine. The only thing that was not fine about her was her concern for her missing student.”

 

     My mind could not take in any more of Lay's ridiculous lack of knowledge for this case. Sure he doesn't know the full situation, since Yoo Jaewook brainwashed him thinking that he's the victim and we're the criminals of this case –but, it's too frustrating too express how badly Lay is working his job right now.

 

     “Let us out,” I demand.

 

     “No can do. The only thing I'm able to do is keep you updated about the sitaution.”

 

     “I told you a load of information. Don't you think I should be let out?”

 

     Lay rolls his eyes, “I don't think you understand your situation. Yes, I will apologize for misunderstanding about your whole kidnapping crime which is not true, but I need you to understand that with your own mouth, you even stated that you were a 'money stealing .' So just sit tight few more days here until we take your case to court, alright?”

 

     If I had to honestly speak, I'm actually afraid of being stuck in here more than anything else right now. These past days we've been stuck in here I've been stressing on how to get out of here; and worrying about what would happen to us if we don't. This group is already ruined enough now for being caught by the police, the least I can do is try and get us out of this situation. My subordinates are suffering because of me.

 

     “I need you to understand, Lay. We need to get out of here.”

 

     He sighs in reply, “I've already told you I'm protecting Moon Jongup on a twenty-four hour watch. You should be grateful for the huge favor I'm doing for a criminal like you.”

 

     My hands hardly tighten against the bars, ready to blow up until a voice comes out of Lay's walkie talkie.

 

     “Officer Lay, officer.”

 

     He takes out his walkie talkie and speaks through it, “This is Officer Lay, you may speak.”

 

     “Some mysterious men in black suits barged through the door and killed most of our other officers, escaping with Moon Jongup in custody. He fought off most of them, but it was unsuccessful since he got dragged away. I managed to escape in order to tell you the situation.”

 

     Lay does not respond. He was to shocked by the information , feeling both regret and embarrassment for saying such foolish, lying words to me, and for finally realizing the horrible job he's doing to live up to his name as an “officer.”

 

     I try once more, “Officer Lay, please. Let me save my subordinates: both Moon Jongup and Yoo Youngjae.”

 

     Lay's eyes and his gulp revealed how the burden was dropped onto his shoulders that instant. His blinking eyes easily expressed that he certainly had no idea what to do: Officers were killed, and a citizen was about to be murdered; he doesn't know what to do.

 

     “Lay, trust me. --Just let me out for seventy two hours – three days. I promise I will not steal any money within the promised time.”

 

     He gets a hold of himself and looks around the empty room with only us and him. He takes a deep breath as if he's telling himself that he will not regret about what he's about to do in slowly reaching over at his keys, searching for the right one, and unlocking the bars that was holding us back.

 

     I sign the guys to walk out with me, and together we walk out, half worrying about how to save Jongup and Youngjae, and half glad we got to get out from that dreaded jail cell.

 

     “Wait,” Lay stops us.

 

     My footsteps halt along with the rest of my subordinates.

 

     “Don't misunderstand,” he says. “I'm only releasing you because I'm a human myself; and I do feel guilt. I'm sorry.”
 

     “It's okay,” I start walking again.

 

     “Make sure to come back within the promise time.”

 

     “Alright.”

 

     I smirk. You fool. You really think we're going to come back in three days?

 

++

 

     “Who are we going to find-slash-save first?” Daehyun asks.

 

     I shake my head, “All at the same time. My guess is that all of them are with Yoo Jaewook right now. We just need to find out where that bastard is.”

 

     It happened at the perfect timing: We were walking within the busy streets, but right when we passed the public phone, it started ringing. The timing was too perfect.

 

     I pick it up, “Hello?”

 

     “Congrats on getting out. We're all enjoying our time looking at the blinking lights. We really wish you'd be here with us.”

 

     The phone suddenly hangs up, and I let out a “tch,” putting the phone back in its place, feeling discomfort with the short amount of information Yoo Jaewook provided with his disgusting voice. Blinking lights? Where is that?

 

     “Is there a place where you can sight see blinking lights?” I ask the other guys.

 

     “Blinking lights? Like a streetlight?” Daehyun asks.

 

     “No idiot, streetlights don't blink. I'm pretty sure he might something related to Christmas lights.... they're enjoying their time looking at blinking lights,” I say.

 

     “Saehee, there are no Christmas lights in the summer,” Himchan replies.

 

     I roll my eyes, “No captain obvious. I'm just saying, something related to Chirstmas lights.”

 

     Goodness gracious, being stuck in that jail cell really took some sense out of my subordinate's brains.

 

     It was getting dark and we all decided to continue walking. An amusement park had blinking lights, but it was too far from where we are. They have to be somewhere close.

 

     “Hey, look at this,” Yongguk points to a flyer attached to a streetlight.

 

               Namwoo Park: Special Event @ Sundown.

               Walk around Namwoo Park and experience the beauty of bright colorful lights in the midst of darkness.

 

     “Should we give it a try and go?” Yongguk asks.

 

     “I guess, Namwoo Park is just around the corner over there, too. Let's go.”

 

++

 

     Namwoo Park had to be the perfect place where Yoo Jaewook was, I just know it. The park was spacious and was covered with green grass covering probably as wide as Jongup's university. On top of the green grass were countless amount of trees covered with various amount of colored lights hanging from tree to tree.

 

    We continue dwelling deeper into the park, but we didn't expect all the light to go out at once, making us being surrounded by absolute darkness.

 

     I freeze, a gunshot fires. I started to panic, not because I'm shocked by the bullet, but because I couldn't feel my subordinates' presences around me.

 

     “Yongguk?” I call out.

 

     No reply was given.

 

     I gulp, “Himchan?”

 

     No response.

 

     “Daehyun?”

 

     Nothing.

 

     “You guys?” my voice was starting to shake.

 

     Silence.

 

     The lights were still out, and I had no idea what was lying ahead of me. My vision wasn't getting used to the darkness, so I started to worry because I'm not sure if there were people near the trees or not.

 

     How long are the lights going to be out?

 

     I'm scared.

 

     My fear went away when my brain was alarmed by a sound of someone's footsteps. My hand reaches for my gun and point it towards to god knows who. I sharpen my senses and turn around when I feel the footsteps approaching from behind.

 

     I swear, if the lights don't come back on in five seconds, I'm shooting this motherer to death.

 


 

A/N: To give a more clearer description of the park, I had something like this in mind:

tumblr_n74eczVqvq1te2kuto1_500.jpg

imagine all of them going out at once and being surrounded in complete darkness.. //scaryy//

Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote! . arigatou .