Let's Make An Alliance!(?)

Speak to Me

 

 

Time flew by in a quick second, and it was already the last day of school. There was not a single sign coming from Youngjae's dad, and nothing too serious happened. I even started going on missions –just to watch. I'm still training, and I spent many days of staying up to practice my fighting skills, sometimes with Jongup and Zelo as they were doing their training with me.

 

We have our clothes packed, because the seven of us were going on a trip. -But it's not the exciting kind of trip everyone goes where you travel overseas.

 

We're going to some kind of annual mafia conference for young teens.

 

 

“It's where kids our age meet up and get special training and listen to past mafia experiences from one another.” Daehyun explains. We were waiting in front of the school for Himchan and Yongguk to come with our luggage so that we can leave right away.

 

“It's to help grow the future generations of the mafia groups, plus we can catch up on some of the groups we've made alliances with. There are a lot of teens like you who are bosses at their age."

 

"I don't like socializing." I groan.

 

“Trust me Saehee, it's actually pretty fun.”

 

“I don't know, Daehyun. Everything that comes out of your mouth ends up wrong.”

 

“No, I'm serious. Right, Youngjae? The conference is really fun, isn't it?”

 

“No.” Youngjae responds.

 

“Aye, you're just saying that because girls always fawn over you.”

 

 

I look up at Youngjae and he just rolls his eyes.

 

 

“It's intense,” Daehyun continues, “Last year, a group of girls got in a fight because they wanted to sit next to him during a lecture.” He chuckles, “I bet this year that there's going to be a huge sign filled with hearts saying, 'We missed you, Yoo Youngjae!'”

 

“Eyy, no way. Will they really go that far?”

 

++

 

Daehyun was right.

They really did go that far.

 

As soon as we step out of the our limousine there was a flood of girls screaming. The banner was probably about 30 meters wide and 10 meters long. It was in many different shades of pink and filled with hearts and kisses, and it did say, 'We Missed You, Yoo Youngjae!'

 

 

“Told you,” Daehyun nudges me as we go as a group to the main hall. As we walk many girls go up to Youngjae and try having a conversation with him. He ignores them and shove them away, but they kept coming.

 

 

"Oh, almost forgot to mention this," Daehyun yells over the loud crowd, "There will be a lot of people coming up to you to start a conversation. Some people will be our alliance, some won't." 

 

But I don't know anyone here.

"How can I tell the difference?" I yell back. 

 

"Just watch me." 

 

I look at Daehyun and he sticks his index finger. 

 

"If someone comes up to you, just look at me, or if we're not together just look at any of us. If we point one finger up, then that will mean we're alliances, and continue to talk. If we stick up two fingers, that means that we're not alliances with them, but continue talking to them because they're a strong group and we want to make an alliance. If we hold up three finger, that means we don't know who the hell they are. And lastly, if we hold up four fingers, that means get the away because we don't want to make an alliance with them, or they're either a ert. --Whoa there,”

Daehyun holds me back as a bullet goes past us. I look towards the direction from where it came from and see a group of guys laughing and running away.

 

“For those kinds of people, I will gladly hold up my middle finger." He mutters. 

 

I sigh as we start walking once again. “These girls are starting to get annoying.”

 

--Just then I get hit with a water balloon.

A ing water balloon.

 

 

“Who is the is that standing next to Daehyun?”

“DAEHYUN-OPPA!”

 

I let out a deep breathe as I wipe the water away from my eyes. “Let me guess, girls go crazy over you too?”

 

“Y-Yea, sort of. Tee hee.” He whimpers, “I-I actually know that girl. It may be very strange, but she's very good with water balloons.”

 

“I can tell.”

 

 

Youngjae comes up to me and hands me a towel.

 

 

“Thanks,”I say as I accept the towel, wiping the side of my face until I get hit with a tomato on the other side.

 

“GET AWAY FROM YOUNGJAE YOU !”

 

“Let me guess again, that girl is good at throwing tomatoes.” I sigh.

 

“I don't know her,” Youngjae states.

 

“Of course you don't,” I mumble.

 

 

We walk into a the main hall with evergreen patterned carpet, hard and sturdy white walls, and flashy chandeliers hanging from the top. The first thing we see is a huge sign that says 'Drop Off Weapons Here'. It pointed into a hallway whose walls were covered with cupboards. Some of them were already sealed, and most of them were opened, waiting to confine more weapons.

 

 

“Saehee, you have your gun, right?” Himchan asks.

 

 

My hand reaches behind my back and I pull out my little gun just in case for emergencies. After putting my only weapon in, a screen pops up, and it read:

 

' place hand here '

 

I reach my hand, and realized that a clear glass was separating my gun inside and me. Lines of green lights goes through the clear glass, scanning my fingerprints. After all the scanning, a nametag with a necklace strap pops out: 

 

 

Name: Kim Saehee

Position: Boss

Weapon Number: 11230124

Room Number: 9894

Group Leader: Kim Sunggyu

 

 

 

I look over at Daehyun and see him polishing his knives and giving each and one of them kisses before placing them in the box.

“Good bye my babies, we'll see each other soon, alright?” He tears. I roll my eyes at his childish behavior.

 

“Hey Saehee, we're in the same group.” Yongguk points out. I look at his name tag, and his group leader was also Kim Sunggyu.

 

“Who's Kim Sunggyu?” I ask.

 

“Our group leader.”

 

I roll my eyes, “Yea, I think I know that.”

 

Yongguk reveals his gums as a smile goes onto his face and he explains, “The name and position part speaks for itself. Your position says boss, and mine says elder, because I'm the oldest one of our group. Your weapon number is the box number you put your weapons in, so you'll have to look for that box number by the end of this conference. Throughout this conference we're going to be spending time with our group. Usually it's with people you don't know, but we somehow ended up being together, which is great. We're going to be doing everything with our group. Eating, going to events and lectures together, and even sleeping."

 

“Our rooms are co-ed with people we don't even know? Why can't I just stay with you guys?”

 

“Well, the goal of this conference is to create bonds within different mafia groups.”

 

I roll my eyes, “This is so stupid.”

 

He chuckles as he pats my head, “You'll have fun.”

 

I look up at him. “You don't happen to have any fan girls like Daehyun or Youngjae, right?”

 

“What if I told you that I did?”

 

“Then I'd probably stay 100 meters away from you.”

 

Yongguk laughs, “Don't worry. Daehyun and Youngjae are like the princes of this conference. The rest of the guys are just boring peasants to the girls.”

 

“Okay, that brings me some peace.”

 

 

“Come on, let's go find our group. Oh, and treat your name tag as if it were your life. Keep it around your neck at all times. If you loose this, then you won't have access to any meals, and you won't be able to get your weapons by the end of this conference.”

 

“Alright.”

 

"And Daehyun told you about our whole secret finger-codes, right?"

 

"Yup. One finger means we're allinaces, two fingers mean we want to be alliances, three fingers mean we're not allinaces, and four fingers means to get the away from them." 

 

He brings out his smile, "Very good." 

 

Yongguk and I continue to walk among the huge amount of people. We walk past many groups. Some got along very well, and some didn't even make eye contact with one another.

 

“Oh, there's our group leader.”

 

He nudges me before we go on, and sticks out two fingers. I nod, got it. 

 

I look in front of us and see a very lonely looking person hunching his back in a chair with no one next to him. I wasn't able to tell if he was asleep in his chair, or if he had really small eyes. He was holding a huge sign next to him that said, “KIM SUNGGYU.”

 

We walk in front of him and his eyes brighten up as he stands up from his chair.

 

 

“Hello guys! You guys seem to be in my group, can I have your names so I can check you off?”

 

“Yongguk.”

 

“Saehee.”

 

 

Sunggyu takes his clipboard and makes a check next to our names with a pen. He then clips the pen on the clipboard and takes his hand to shake ours with his smile which made his eyes literally disappear.

 

 

“My name is Kim Sunggyu, but you can just call me Sunggyu, even if you're younger. I will be your group leader for this year's conference, I look forward to being close with you guys.”

 

“Nice to meet you too,” Yongguk says. “Did no one else arrive?”

 

“Yea, you guys are the first ones to arrive. I was so lonely to the point where I thought you guys ditched this conference! Anyway, tooday we have a really light schedule. We will have an individual group introduction during dinner, and then we'll go as a group to the orientation. After that we'll break up into our rooms and go to sleep!”

 

Just then another guy comes to us.

He looks really familiar, I swear I've seen him somewhere.

 

 

“Name?” Sunggyu asks.

 

“Yixing.” He responds.

 

He checks his name off the clipboard. “How do you pronounce your name again?”

 

“Yi-xing.”

 

“Yi-Yi-”

 

“You can just call me Lay.”

 

“Ah, Lay! Makes life much easier.” Sunggyu once again smiles.

 

 

Now I remember. Lay was one of those third-years who were beating the crap out of Jongup and Zelo last time.

 

Before Yongguk could give me a sign, a nudge him and hold up four fingers.

Damn it, he's in my group? --Wait, he's in the mafia?! , .

 

 

Yongguk frowns as he shakes his head and sticks out two fingers. 

Why?! He's dangerous!

 

I give Yongguk a soft smack on his arm and whisper, “Him and his friend got in a legit fist fight with Jongup, Zelo, Daehyun, and Youngjae.”

 

“Oh, those were the guys?” He plainly answers.

 

“Yongguk! It's just not a 'oh, those were the guys?' kind of situation! That guy is really, really strong.”

 

“Ey, come on. It can't be that bad.” 

 

He then takes my shoulders and makes me face Lay.

 

“Hello Lay, this is Saehee,” Yongguk says. “You guys go to the same school.”

 

 

you, Yongguk.

 

 

“Oh, the girl who was about to fight Kai, right?” Lay says.

 

 

I gulp. Please don't bring it up, that was so embarrassing.

 

Lay laughs it off, "Don't worry, I'm not as scary as Kai. It was just because he was in a bad mood he wanted to fight. But then we both found out you're the a boss of the most successful group here, and now we're more sorry than ever for that day. But I'm really glad we're in the same group. Hope to know you more throughout this conference." 

 

I shake the hand he had out for me, "Y-Yea, same here." 

 

As long as they're not mad at us anymore. 

 

++

 

After everyone in our group arrived, Sunggyu leads us into the dining hall, where a huge buffet was set up with many round tables for each group to sit at. Groups have already taken their seat, but our group waits in the long line.

 

Sigh, I miss Youngjae.

 

 

"Thinking about me?" 

 

A voice startles me as I turn back and see Youngjae leaning towards me, his face being closer than ever. His group was right behind us, with an addition of crazy fangirls writing my name on their death notes. 

 

"Uh, no. I don't know who you are." I respond as I turn back.

 

He openly grabs my hand, "Hey, I won't be seeing you a lot during this week." 

 

"Yes, and I wish we can keep it like that. I don't want to get killed."

 

He smirks, "Then should I stay by your side, so that I make sure you won't get hurt?"

 

I roll my eyes and scoff, "No, it's alright. I have Yongguk in my group." 

 

 

I let go of his hand and shove his forehead with my fingers.

 

 

Have fun with your fangirls, and don't think about me too much. I wink. 

 

Youngjae chuckles and mouths, "I won't." 

 

I let out a quick smile in return, and turn back. If only I can see his face at least for a second each day would be nice.

 

++

 

As we were eating, everyone was introducing themselves. By the end there was only one person who was from our alliance. Her name is Hyosung and she's a boss from a group called TS. 

 

And then there were about three people including Lay and Sunggyu who we wanted as our alliance. The last guy's name was Jungook, and he was only fifeteen years old and a boss. They must be a really strong group, because they're new but everyone wants to make an alliance with them. As we were eating, many people went up to him and kept talking to him. I scoff at the sight, because he just turns away and rejects them, rude. 

 

"What's up with his attitude?" I lean over and ask Yongguk.

"I don't know, maybe he's going through puberty."

 

 

As we watch Jungook, we see him put down his fork and glaring back at us. 

 

 

"Soot, Yongguk. Do you think he can hear everything we're saying?" 

 

We slowly and awkwardly drift our faces away from each other and continue to eat our meal without making eye contact at anyone. 

 

 

"Miss Kim Saehee?" 

 

 

I gulp, that was Jungook's voice calling out to me. 

 

Deep breathe, play it cool Saehee.

 

 

I look up at him in the eye, "What?" 

 

"Since we're in the same group and all, may I call you noona?" 

 

I furrow my eyebrows all of the sudden, "Why all of the sudden?" 

 

"Just because, I want to become closer with you." 

 

 

I look next to me at Yongguk. His eyes were just pleading that I let him call me what he desires, because that means we're one step ahead in becoming alliances if we become close with one another. 

But, why are we the ones that have to work so hard? 

 

 

"I don't know if you can," I reply to Jungook. "I'm not that kind of easy going person." 

He lets out a sly smile, "I heard. There are rumors going everywhere about your anti-social attitude. I just felt like experiencing what it felt like in person." 
 

 

After that he continued to eat his meal, and just that. 

What is this kid up to? 

 

 

 


 

A/N: Hmm.. i re-wrote this chapter, not sure if I made it better
but hope it's better than my previous useless chapter i wrote
huehueh.  
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote! .arigatou .
 
tumblr_mztf1fNe5O1spdwuqo4_250.gif