I'm Dying

Speak to Me

 

 

Even though it doesn't hurt as much as yesterday, my head continues its tiny throbbing even before I opened my eyes. But when I did, I see Youngjae asleep in the chair next to me, and my heart starts to throb even faster.

 

He reads minds.

Youngjae has been reading my mind.

Oh. My. ing. God.

 

 

The sound of doors opening wake him up. The nurses along with Dr. Park come in.

 

 

“So how are you feeling, Mrs Kim?”

 

“A bit better,” I respond.

 

 

Just found out that Youngjae has been reading my ing mind.

 

 

“That's great to hear. Since you're being discharged today, feel free to leave any time you'd like.”

 

 

Dr. Park hands Youngjae some extra painkillers, and they bow to each other before leaving. The atmosphere could not get any more awkward afterward. What am I suppose to do? He can read my mind. How am I suppose to even think now?

 

 

“You know, I can still hear everything.”

 

 

He's right

-oh wait. Shoot.

 

 

“Why didn't you tell me?”

 

 

He takes a deep breathe, “I was afraid you wouldn't want to talk to me. -I mean, you were thinking about some very personal things. I wouldn't want you to be troubled by me knowing everything without your permission. But it's not like there's anything I can do about it.”

 

 

It is true. How would he confront me about these things? It must have been difficult to keep everything, I guess I have to give him props for that. --

 

That is so embarrassing,

the fact he knew.

He knew that I liked him.

Oh. My God.

 

 

“You're a jerk.”

 

 

I don't know myself if I wanted to take that in as a joke, but I surely didn't want to hurt him. But he suddenly became very serious about.

 

 

“I'm sorry I hid everything. If it helps, I'll leave.”

 

I sigh. “I thought you read minds, but you are really an idiot. I was just playing.” My face becomes a little red, “I don't want you to leave.”

 

A smile plasters on his face. “When we get home, let's tell the maids to make us some sandwiches,” He winks.

 

I let out a tiny giggle, “Sandwiches. Just want I wanted.”

 

++

 

One month later.

 

 

At this very moment, my life is being taken away.

I'm dying.

 

Time is running out for me.

 

 

My eyes are getting dizzier, and I want to throw up.

My brain cells are slowly fading away.

But the one that's aching the most,

 

Is my ing hand.

 

But I let out a sigh of relief as I bubble in the last question.

The final answer,

B”.

 

 

“Put your pencils down, that's it for the finals!” The teaches announces.

 

 

Some students sigh in relief, others cry in joy that the final tests are finally over -Daehyun and I happen to be one of them.

 

 

“Praise be to Jesus, our savior and Christ!” Daehyun cries.

 

 

“Only two more finals for you guys, and most of you will make your way onto the college entrance exam.”

 

The class groans. 

 

Daehyun nudges my elbow, “So how'd you do?”

 

“Okay I guess. Studying with Youngjae really helped.”

 

“I know right? I'm pretty sure I got at most half of them right this time.”

 

“Daehyun, I think you're just stupid.”

 

“Yea, I am.” He admits.

 

 

As we were packing our stuff, Somi and Eunhae come up to us, “Saehee-ah. Since school is over, do you and Youngjae want to hang out with us?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Hey, let me in too.” Daehyun whines.

 

Somi rolls her eyes, “Whatever.”

 

“Oh goodie!” He squeals as he gets up from his seat and starts walking with the two girls, “I know this street full of really good food stalls ...”

 

 

Zelo, Jongup, and even Himchan and Yongguk ended up tagging along. It was their “have to be with boss at all times possible” rule, but I'm pretty sure Himchan came along just to hit on my friends.

 

 

“Have we met before?” Himchan asks Eunhae.

 

“No, I don't think so.” She shyly replies.

 

“Are you sure? I think we had chemistry together.”

 

 

I roll my head and kick Himchan's back. “Shut the up.”

 

 

Meanwhile Eunhae and Somi let out a tiny giggle, and Himchan doesn't stop.

 

 

“Oh, Somi-ah. Oppa lost his number, do you think I can have yours?”

 

 

I was about to beat the crap out of Himchan until Yongguks steps in and wraps an arm around Himchan, “Hey, why are you cheating on me?”

 

 

I cringe. Why are they so embarrassing? I am never letting them tag along ever again.

 

 

We were all walking down the street and eating everything from every single food stall there was. -Well, at least Daehyun was.

 

 

“Jung Daehyun! You're going to get fat if you keep eating like this.” Somi jokes.

 

“, do you think I care?”

 

“, who are you calling ?” She fights back.

 

 

 

He doesn't reply and stops chewing.

 

 

“Oh come on, are you hurt? I was just joki--”

 

“Wait, just shut up for a moment.”

 

 

Somi becomes surprised at his sudden order, but just watches him stay still, noticing his serious expression. He looks over to the owner of the store, and finishes chewing along with a gulp.

I was standing next to Youngjae and he suddenly takes my hand and whispers to Jongup and Zelo, “Protect Somi and Eunhae. I'll go run away with Saehee.”

 

I squeeze his hand. “What's happening?”

 

 

“Somi watch out!”

 

 

I look back, surprised by Daehyun's yelling and see him throw one of his knives at the store owner. It sliced the owner's throat, and he collapsed to the ground. A gun came out of his pocket and Youngjae immediately started to run as he dragged me along.

 

As we continue to run, I look back and see men in black suits chasing after us. I couldn't identity their faces because of the sunglasses that covered their faces, but they all seemed fit with their constant fast speed chasing us.

 

Who are these people?

 

Youngjae knows that they won't stop chasing us, so he ran into an abandoned building and shoved me into a storage room.

 

“Stay quiet, alright? I'll explain everything later.”

 

I know he told me to stay put, but I am confused as heck. Everything is happening all of the sudden. My mind is so caught up with a lot of thoughts that I don't even realize my own body shivering from being so scared.

 

 

But then I start hearing a chorus of gunshots happening.

 

 

“Where is she?” A voice shouts, but gets cut off by a bullet hitting him.

 

“Search every room!”

 

 

. What do I do?

 

Frantically I try to look around the dark room, I notice a lot of boxes scattered everywhere. I take those boxes and quickly build a tower to hide me in a corner. I hear feet running all over the place, and the amount of sweat running down my face is unbelievable.

 

Come on Saehee, this is no time for you to be afraid. You're a boss, but you're hiding like this?

 

Where's Youngjae?

I have no weapons, I don't know how to fight.

What do I do?

 

The door kicks up and I freeze, and I pray that the enemy does not hear the loud pounding of my heart. I jump at the loud shots of bullets constantly being fired. But then my tower of boxes collapse and I am open to a herd of men in black suits.

 

Youngjae is struggling to get out of the number of people holding him back.

 

“Saehee, run!”

 

Run? Are you telling me to ing run when there are like a thousand men surrounding us?

 

One guy suddenly comes up to be and grabs my neck. His strength over powers my attempt to kick him, and pushes me against the wall as his grip on my neck become stronger. My breathes are starting to become shorter. Blood is rushing all over my head, unable to cycle down my throat.

 

I'm dying.

 


 

A/N: First of all, I have to apologzie for the lack of updates.
My finals are this week and I'm not a single bit prepared for
it. /Sigh/ #yolo. I wll update three more chapter in the next
few hours so be on the look out! :)
 
But second of all, I would like the thank helloilovebap and
LovelyMyungsoo4ever for the upvotes! :)
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote! . arigatou .