Secret

Speak to Me

 

 

Hanwul's voice continues to fleetingly echo and come back in my dream, but then I realize that it's just him shaking and screaming his head off to wake me up.

 

 

“What is it?” I grumble.

 

“You need to wake up. Hyung is making soup for breakfast.”

 

 

Wait, how did I end up in my room? Last time I remember, I tucked Hanwul into bed and drank a glass of wine. Did I get drunk?

 

 

Holy .

 

 

My annoyingly throbbing head and my stomach's urge to make me throw up makes my mind nervous. What exactly did I do last night? Hope I didn't do anything stupid.

 

--until the memory of pulling Youngjae's hair and calling him Jongup comes back to me.

 

 

Damn it.

 

 

From that simple embarrassment I choose to stop thinking, not wanting to remember anything else. --It would be the best for me anyway.

 

Hanwul strongly pulls my hand which pulls my whole body out of my comfortable, will-be-missed bed and drags me down the long flight of stairs. The smell of seaweed soup can be sensed once I reached the living room. Once we get to the dining table Hanwul plops himself down in a seat closer to mine and starts eating the soup and rice which was placed in front of him.

 

Youngjae comes out with an apron on and a bowl of rice and another bowl of soup and carefully lies them in front of my seat. He then goes and comes back with a variety of side dishes. We usually spend the day outside and eat because it's the maid and servant's day off, but it seems that no one came back home, leaving Youngjae, Hanuwl, and me by ourselves.

 

 

“Where's Jongup?” I ask.

 

“I don't know,” he nonchalantly replies.

 

“What about the rest of the guys?”

 

“Himchan told me they spent the night with Somi and Eunhae.”

 

“Then what about Yongguk?”

 

 

Just then Yongguk comes down the stairs and Youngjae goes back to get another bowl for Yongguk and himself.

 

 

“So how was yesterday?”

 

“Just as you stated, I was 'in the middle of two couples making out the whole day,'” Yongguk replies.

 

“Did you at least have fun?”

 

“I guess. How about you? What did you do?”

 

“I went to the amusement park with Hanwul.”

 

“That's cute. Did you guys get closer?”

 

Hanwul interrupts us, “Noona woke me up because she was screaming so much!” he complains.

 

 

My eyes bulge open. I did what?

 

 

“She was going like, 'YOO YOUNGJAE YOU IDIOT! I HATE YOU! I LIKE YOU! I HATE YOU! I LOVE YOU! YOO YOUNGJAEEEEEE!” Hanwul screams his lungs off in order to perfectly impersonate the drunk me from last night.

 

 

I did not say those words. I did not say those words, I try convincing myself.

 

 

Yongguk couldn't help but bursting out laughing, “She really said that?”

 

“Yes!! She was like a screeching eagle,” he calms down back into his seat.

 

“That's some deep comparison for a young kid like you,” Yongguk comments, “Hanwul, did Saehee do anything else?”

 

“--she didn't do anything else.” Youngjae comes in with a tray food and places it down on Yongguk's seat and his, and the conversation about my drunk self ended from there.

 

After being all settled in we were all quietly enjoying our seaweed soup except for Hanwul who played with his toy robots as he was chewing. Youngjae was patient and had to tell him numerous of times to stop it and just focus on eating, and that he can play with his robots later.

 

For some reason I couldn't stop coughing every few minutes, and I don't know if it was the warm soup or not, but it started getting hot. Am I getting sick? Did all those annoying kids' germs infect me or something?

 

 

“-- Hey Saehee, wasn't your birthday yesterday?” Yongguk suddenly remembers. I take a scoop of my rice and eat it with my seaweed soup, nodding in response.

 

 

He doesn't reply for a while, “I'm so sorry, we all forgot—”

 

“It's fine, I'm twenty now. It's not like I'm a kind of person who makes a big deal out of her birthday anyway.”

 

“But still--”

 

“I'm good, real-,” I let out several of coughs.

 

“Are you alright?” He asks, and only a nod comes out, because I know I'm going to start coughing if I open my mouth.

 

 

Youngjae leans over and places his head on my burning forehead, “You have a fever.”

 

“I'm fine –just let me finish this first.”

 

 

Becuse this seaweed soup is truly delicious.

 

 

He leaves me be, and then once everyone finished their breakfast Hanwul speeds upstairs with his robot to continue his own world with only him and his toys. Yongguk and Youngjae proceed to clean up and I continue sitting in my seat, laying my head droopingly against the table.

 

 

I feel horrible.

 

 

Youngjae comes back and sighs, leaning his elbow against the table, placing his head on his hand as he closes his eyes.

 

I lift up my head and ask, “Are you alright?”

 

“My antidepressants are making me feel drowsy.”

 

“How did it go yesterday? Did you end up finding a place for Hanwul?”

 

He opens his eyes and looks into mine, “You should head on back to bed. Sleeping is the best medicine for a fever.”

 

 

So I'm guessing it didn't go well?

 

 

Despite not answering my question, I listen to Youngjae and head on back to my room. As soon as I laid on my bed I immediately became tired even though I didn't do anything besides eating breakfast this morning and my eyes eventually closed by themselves.

 

++

 

 

I wake up and it was a more sunnier day, and my body heat was increasing with the temperature. I didn't really feel any all better, and I had a strong will to get up from my bed even though my body knows it's a bad idea.

 

However the thought of Hanwul and his situation comes back to me. Choi Yukyung, I remember. Wanting to start working on it immediately, I manage to roll out of my bed and drag myself to my computer.

 

First you have to type in the name. As expected, there are numerous of people by the name of Choi Yukyung who is a Korean citizen. I need Hanwul's birth records. How am I going to get that? Would a five year old know which hospital he was born in?

 

My hand stop typing against the keyboard once I see my room door slightly opening. I shoot my eyes towards the direction of my door and make eye contact with Youngjae as he opens the door fully with a tray in his hand. It was holding a glass of water and medicine.

 

“Do you need something?” I ask, sneezing right after.

 

“You sound worse.”

 

“Thanks.”
 

He casually comes into my room and shuts the door behind him, placing the pill and water on my desk, “Swallow this, it'll make your fever go down.”

 

 

I thankfully accept the medicine and swallow the pill, taking a big gulp of water afterwords. I thought he was going to go once I ate the pill, but instead he places the tray on my desk.

 

 

“I need to tell you something about Hanwul.”

 

“Did something happen yesterday?”

 

 

Youngjae just shakes his head and grabs a chair to sit next to me.

 

 

“Hanwul is my half brother.”

 

 

A breeze of shivers went through my arms. Hanwul is your what?

 

 

He looks over to my computer screen and sees that I was searching for a man named Choi Yukyung, “Choi Yukying is my dad. He switched his name and everything.”

 

 

When I first saw Hanwul I thought he looked a bit like Youngjae. If I think about it, Hanwul does have a bright personality (despite his rude attitude) just like Youngjae when he was younger. But then again, all kids are usually filled with a lot of energy.

 

 

I take a deep breathe, “Well, okay then.”

 

“During the time my dad held me captive, he suddenly came home with a baby one day and left me to take care of him. My dad's only reason for not killing me is to take care of Hanwul because apparently he had 'no time' to raise his own son.”

 

“Maybe your dad is just not good with kids.”

 

“He's not good with people.”

 

I lean back on my chair, “So what do we do now?”

 

“Sleep.”

 

My eyes light up a bit in surprise, “What?”

 

“The pill I just gave you has a side affect that makes you sleepy.”

 

“But I just woke up,” I roll my eyes.

 

 

But my eyes do start feeling heavier and I gradually long to lay in my bed more. I get nervous once Youngjae starts following from behind when I head back to my bead, but he was only making sure I got tucked in and went out of my room, covering the sunny window with the curtains along the way.

 

Hanwul and Youngjae are half brothers. So what? Their dad ed up and Youngjae ended up getting a brother which could be considered his own son. But both Youngjae and Hanwul's mothers are both dead.

 

Yoo Jaewook, you are a ed up person.

 

++

 

 

 

The third time I wake up it was dark and my fever went down along with the temperature. I felt much better than before and became wide awake. As I step out of my bed and open my door to a bright hallway compared to my dark room.

 

As I travel along the stairs I stop my track in the middle, just staring at the lovely couples feeding each other snacks in the living room. I can feel that my fever went down, but I still feel like barfing.

 

 

Daehyun was the first one to noticed me glaring at the four lovebirds and he gets up from his seat, “H-H-Happy late birthday, Saehee!” He stutters.

 

 

I roll my eyes.

 

 

The rest of the guys follow after Daehyun and stand up from their seat, “Happy late birthday!”

 

 

They all gulp, seeing my non-amused expression.

 

 

“We're really sorry we all forgot and left you alone, Saehee. We're really, really sorry.”

 

I shrug and continue my journey to the living room, “I don't really care. I had a good time without you guys anyway.”

 

Daehyun wiggles his eyebrows, “A good time with that special someone?”

 

“Stop trying to be funny,” I order.

 

“Yes mam',” He lowers his head.

 

 

Just then the rice cooker goes off the Himchan makes his way to the kitchen and scoops a bowl of rice, pouring some of the seaweed soup we ate this morning as well. He then takes a tray and add everything with water and medicine.

 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I'm just going to head to Youngjae's room to give this to him.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because he's sick,” Daehyun replies.

 

 

My eyebrows furrow together, how did he get sick?

 


 

A/N: //wiggles eyebrows// I wonder
how Youngjae got sick ;)) (comment
if you still don't know, I know I can
be stupid and makes things utterly
confusing.)
 
So there was an earthquake
where I live while I was writing this
story. I felt myself and other things
shaking but I continued to write. Is there
something wrong with me? To help this
helplessly poor author, please make sure
to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote!
. arigatou .