Last Minute Bonding

Speak to Me

 

     I apologized to my dad for everything I've done and for everything I've caused. He scoffed and shoo'd me away but I stayed instead. He tried to send me back home by raising his voice, and I had to keep insisting that I'd be a good daughter so I could stay. Spending as much time as I could with my dad, I took care of him, and even ate with him.

 

     "About becoming the boss," I start a conversation.

 

     "What, too scared? Are you going to back out now?" he coughed.

 

     "No, I just -I need advice."

 

     "On what?"

 

     "Have you heard about how the mission went? The first and only mission I've been on so far?"

 

     The corners of my dad's lips weakly go up. "Yes, I've heard, you almost died."

 

     I roll my eyes. "It was my first mission, what did you expect? Anyway, I don't think I could ever kill another person. I can't even stab a person, it's too hard. If I can't even do something like that, how am I going to become boss?"

 

     He slowly nods his head, "You just need to think."

 

     "About what?" I wonder.

 

     "Just think. As a mafia boss, it is possible for me to be killed anytime, anywhere, any second.'"

 

     Well that's a very optimistic thing to think about.

 

     He continues, "That's why, just kill with your heart's content. Now or later, you will end up dying. Or you can be a noob and think about how you don't want to die, panic and start over thinking about how to survive -and then end up getting killed."

 

     I sigh. "I'll keep that in mind."

 

     "I know you can do it, you are my daughter."

 

      I look at him with wide eyes. That was the first time he complimented me in 5 years. He lets out coughs containing blood, "It's late, go home and sleep."

 

     "I'm going to sleep here."

 

     "Stop ing with me, go home."

 

     "There's no one to take me home and what if something happens to you while I'm gone?"

 

     "There's a thing called a button to request for the nurses. Just walk home."

 

     The doors open and Youngjae comes in, "I'm here to pick Saehee up."

 

     Damn it, Youngjae.

 

     "Go home, I'll be fine Saehee."

 

     "Alright," I say, giving in, "Don't die."

 

     "I won't."

 

     "Bye."

 

     My dad closes his eyes to sleep. I look back once more before going out with Youngjae.

 

     Please don't die.

 

++

 

     "You walked here?! Are you crazy?"

 

     "I came after finishing a mission."

 

     “Let's grab a taxi.”

 

     “With the scent of blood all over me?”

 

     "I see," I follow a yawn right after.

 

     "Are you tired?"

 

     "Sort of."

 

     Youngjae stops walking. "Get on my back, I'll carry you."

 

     Freaking Youngjae, curse you for making my heart beat even faster.

 

     "I-It's alright. I might be tired, but I can walk myself," I stutter.

 

     The wind makes my whole body shiver. Youngjae notices and takes off his jacket to put it on me.

 

     "You don't have to."

 

     "You might catch a cold."

 

     "I'm alright, really.... Youngjae! This has blood on it."

 

     "Just wear it, better than catching a cold," he insists.

 

     "Catching a disease might be worse," I mumble.

 

     "You won't catch a disease. I know you're really tired so just get on my back. The walk is going to be long anyway."

 

     "That's going to be more hard on you, I thought we talked about this," I protest.

 

     Youngjae bends down. "I don't mind these kinds of things, so just hop on."

 

     I hesitate until I finally take my steps to go on his back. He gets a hold of my thighs and starts walking.

 

     "Tell me if I get too heavy, I'll get off."

 

     "It's fine, just go to sleep."

 

     Despite the scent of death still on him, he was warm from running around so much, it made me doze off immediately.

 

     "Youngjae?" I mumble, "Can we not go to school tomorrow? Can I stay with my dad instead?"

 

     "Sure."

 

     Satisfied, I lay my head on his shoulder and fall alseep.

 

++

 

     I slowly open the doors of my dad's ward and quietly walk in with the rest of the guys.

 

     My dad is awake, watching the news on the cheap television.

 

     "Boss, we're here." Yongguk bows, the rest of the guys following after.

 

     "Why aren't you guys at school?" he strictly asks.

 

     "Becasue we wanted to see you!" Himchan smiled.

 

     "Bull. I'm fine with Yongguk and Himchan since they're out of school. But Daehyun, Youngjae, Saehee. Go to school, now," he orders.

 

     My dad coughs, with blood once again, "I don't need five people taking care of me, especially when I have the nurses as well."

 

++

 

     In the end, the three of us ended up going to school. They all know they can't argue with their own boss.

 

     What's the point when I'm not able to learn when I'm too absorbed worrying about my dad? I'm sure it's like that for Youngjae and Daehyun as well.

 

     After the last bell of the day rang, the three of us quickly pack our stuff and fast walk out of the school together, except for "too chill" Daehyun.

 

     "You guys are acting as if he passed away, calm down you guys."

 

     "Says the person who's the most worried right now," Youngjae states.

 

     Daehyun couldn't say anything back.

 

     As we walked out the front gate,we see our limosuine and Himchan standing in front, waiting for us. He sees us and calls us over.

 

     He smiles as we walk towards him, "Oh my Saehee, you look so cute in your uniform!"

 

     "How's boss?" Youngjae asks.

 

     Himchan's smiles fades away.

 

     He puts both of his hands on my shoulder and looks at me straight in the eyes.

 

     "Saehee-ah. You're father has passed away."

 


 

A/N:  I would just like to personally thank stephani_bap for 
upvoting on my story! 
 
Make sure to comment, subsribe, share, and upvote! . arigatou .
 
tumblr_mybsa8ySad1rulj4eo3_250.giftumblr_mybsa8ySad1rulj4eo4_250.gif
tumblr_mybsa8ySad1rulj4eo6_250.giftumblr_mybsa8ySad1rulj4eo5_250.gif