Obvious

Speak to Me

 

 

     “Chins up, backs straight, walk that strut.”

 

     Believe me or not, but those were Himchan's orders as we walked in a group to enter Varia's mansion.

 

     “and remember, even though we are the guests, we still need to be respectful. Don't reject anything they tell us to do or deny any food they serve.

 

     “Don't worry hyung, I won't ever reject anything they offer us to eat.” Daehyun sings.

 

     Maids and servants lined up as they bow after opening the doors for us. As we walk in, the mansion seemed more spacious than ours with less and less expensive furniture. I smirk at the thought of being greater, until the guys stop walking, and I end up bumping into Youngjae.

 

     “S-sorry.”

 

     Youngjae doesn't reply and bows to the people in front of them. He then moves out of my way, revealing the boss with Jongup and Zelo standing beside him. The boss has his usual friendly look on his face.

 

     A nervous yet annoyed kind of expression was painted on Jongup and Zelo's faces.

 

     “Saehee. Greet him.” Daehyun mumbled to me.

 

     “Oh right, uh-” I clear my throat and bow. “Thank you for inviting us here.”

 

     “Not at all, thank you for coming. Follow us, the dinning room is right around the corner.”

 

     I wait for Youngjae to start walking before I realize that the boss was waiting for me to walk besides him.

 

     I awkwardly rush next to him, stumbling a little. Damn these high heels.

 

     Putting my embarrassment aside, the boss starts walking and I follow next to him with the rest of our subordinates following from behind.

 

     “Isn't it hard being boss? You are still in high school, and I know it should be hard taking care of four guys on your own.”

 

     “Well, I honestly haven't been doing much.”

 

     I let out an awkward chuckle and he responds with a firm smile in return. Am I being too childish? If I can't even handle this much, how am I going to handle the rest of the night?

 

     Be mature Saehee, or try to be.

++

 

     Their boss sits on one end of the table as I sit on the other. Of course Jongup and Zelo sit beside their boss, and Yongguk and Himchan sits besides me.

 

     As I sit down, I see a pair of different spoons, a different pair of forks and a different pair of knives.

 

     Why is our meal so complicated? Himchan never taught me anything like this, what if I end up using the wrong one? What if then our alliance gets cancelled? What if-

 

     My thoughts go away once I feel someone's hand rest on my shoulders and Yougjae whispering into my ears, “Relax.”

 

     I take a deep breathe as Youngjae releases his hand and makes his way to sit down at his seat.

 

     As everyone gets seated, the servants bring in corn chowder in front of each seat along with many other side dishes such as bread, vegetables for our appetizer.

 

     “Well then, why don't you take the first sip?”

 

     I let out a forced smile, “Oh, I'm honored to.”

 

     Goddamit, which spoon do I use?!

 

 

     I eye each and every guy but they don't seem to catch on that I'm confused, until I make eye contact with Youngjae. His eyes keep shooting to my right.

 

     The spoon to the right?

 

     I place my hand on the spoon, and Youngjae gives a slight nod. Picking up the spoon, I finally take the first sip out of the corn chowder, “It's delicious.”

 

     “That's a relief, everyone eat up!”

 

     “Thank you for this meal!”

 

     Everyone picks up the spoons to start eating. I let out a sigh of relief seeing that they picked the same spoon as I did.

 

     Thank you, Youngjae.

 

     We had some small talks here and there as we wait for our main dish. Their boss compliments how my guys look so sturdy and reliable, and the guys thank him in return.

 

     He then introduces me to Jongup and Zelo and we act like it's our first time meeting as they give me a polite bow.

 

     Our main dish finally came out and three big lobsters spread across the table, of course along with many other delicious side dishes. Daehyun drools as he can't wait to eat it, but I notice Himchan and Yongguk passing worried looks to each other.

 

     I nudged Himchan's foot under the table to ask what the matter was, and he leans to me and whispers, “Youngjae's allergic to shell fish.”

 

     My eyes open widen in worry for a mere second as the servant takes the lobster's leg and places it on my plate.

 

     I crack open it's leg, revealing all the fat stored inside. There was steam literally coming out of the lobster as they just took it out of hot water. I take my first bite and let the flavor savor inside my mouth as I slowly chew its wonderful texture, unable to refrain from making sounds as I eat.

 

     The rest of the guys dig in, and I take a break from eating and look at Youngjae worried. We were the guest and Himchan told us not to reject anything they provide for us. He takes a deep breathe and reaches for a piece. He cracks it open and takes a bite out of it. I thought something was going to happen to him, but instead Youngjae kept eating it normally, and even a little too deliciously.

 

     “So, Saehee. About our allaince.”

 

     I snap out of my thoughts, “Ah, yes.”

 

     “Honestly, our group is losing a lot of money. At first I did agree to settle for an alliance so we could share some money, but now I want our alliance for a greater reason.”

 

     Everyone's eyes lay onto him, Jongup and Zelo's expression a little worried as if they didn't know what their boss was about to say.

 

     “Jongup and Zelo are very young, and I don't know how I'd take care of them if my group ends up crashing. I heard you don't have any maids or servants, so I'd like to give you mine, along with my two boys. In addition, I'll even continue to pay the maids and servants with the money I have left.”

 

     “Boss!” Zelo exclaims.

 

     He lets out a sigh, “Things have gone too bad to the point where I'd like to give up my position.”

 

     At this point it didn't matter how good the lobster tasted, I stopped eating.

 

     “But Boss, we want to stay with you.” Jongup says.

 

     He ignores what the two boys say, “If it isn't too much for you. My group is done and I'm done, but these boys aren't. They still have a future left for them. I know you guys only have a one year age difference, but if you could continue to train them--”

 

     Zelo gets up from his seat, “This is stupid! I am never going to that .”

 

     “Zelo! Where are your manners? What have I taught you?!”

 

     “Nothing! You have taught me nothing. I've wasted all this time with you learning bull!”

 

     As Zelo turns and walks away, Jongup does the same without speaking a word.

 

     Their boss rubs his temples, “I'm sorry about their attitude. They're going through puberty.”

 

     Wow, these kids are brats. No matter how upset they are, there are things that need not be said. Are they actually going berserk because of what their boss said? They should realize that their boss just wants to give them away so they won't mess up their lives, idiots.

 

     Why do I feel like I just described myself?

 

     I never followed my dad's commands. I'm living in a rich household and I used to take advantage of that, acting like a spoiled brat thinking my father was lower than me.

 

     Damn It.

 

     “You know, I'm not the best fighter so I don't have a lot skills but -I think I can wake some sense into that bastard.”

 

     “Saehee! Launguage.” Himchan hisses.

 

     “Oops, sorry. It just comes out naturally.”

 

     “So, does that mean you'll take them in?” The boss asks.

 

     I give him an actually genuine smile, “Of course. No offense, but I'm only taking your offer because I hate it when people are disrespectful to me, especially a younger guy like Zelo. But don't worry, I won't seriously beat him or anything.”

 

     He laughs, a lot.

 

     “Beat him all you want! I'm glad I'm leaving my boys in a capable person like you.”

 

     “Capable? Me?”

 

     “Of course, along with these four handsome men.”

 

     “Oh, don't bother to compliment us.” Himchan blushes. “Do you have your contract? We printed out a contract where your people will follow our policy and rules, that's all it says.”

 

     “Yes, my servant will go get it right now.”

 

     As the boss tells his servant where to pick up the contract, Himchan takes this chance to lean in and whisper to me. “Are you sure you want this? He's not giving us anything useful.”

 

     “Free maids and servants along with two strong kids. I don't see anything bad with that.”

 

     “Alright, your choice Saehee. No turning back, don't regret it.”

 

     “I won't.”

 

     We finally exchange contracts and sign them. He shakes my hand firmly, “They'll move in by Sunday. I leave my people in your care. Since it's so late, why don't you guys sleep over?”

 

++

 

     Since we could not deny his request, we ended up agreeing on staying overnight.

 

     And since they were so worried about me sleeping alone (they meaning Himchan), even though I sleep by myself every night and with the huge amount of extra rooms, I somehow ended up rooming with Youngjae.

 

     Except, we notice Youngjae gone.

 

     “He's probably in the restroom throwing up all that crab he ate. Go to your room and wash up first.”

 

     Himchan orders as we walk to my room.

 

     “Alright.”

 

     “And don't do anything sketchy.”

 

     I roll my eyes, “We won't.”

 

     “Scream if he does something to you. -Oh, you'll probably be screaming anywa-”

 

    “Oh my god just go to your ing room!”

 

     He pats my head, “Sweet dreams.”

 

++

 

     As I come out of the bathroom after washing up, I jump at the sight of someone standing on the room porch, leaning his elbows against the stone railing.

 

     I go out and leap onto the railing to take a seat next to Youngjae as we were face to face.

 

     “Feeling better?” I ask.

 

     “Yea. Sorry for the worry.”

 

     “Hey, no need to be sorry. You were the one that was hurting anyway.”

 

     Youngjae sighs as he looks out into the distance. Noticing that I couldn't stop staring, he stares back and smiles, “You looked beautiful today.”

 

     Wait, what?

 

     What did he just say?

 

     “You looked beautiful today.”

 

     I … looked …. beau..ti..ful?

 

     “U-Uh, ah!” I stutter as I almost fall back from the railing until Youngjae caught me in his arms.

 

     My face burns as our faces were only a few inches away from each other. I couldn't stop blinking and looking everywhere, too caught up with the touch of Youngjae's hands on my waist. I see him pursing is lips together. But then his cheeks puffs out, and starts laughing as he couldn't hold it in any longer.

 

     Is it just me, or is Youngjae legit laughing?

 

     I mean, it's not the first time I've seen smile, but witnessing his laugh is an amazing thing.

 

     He finally lifts me up, puts me down from the railing. My feet touch the ground and Youngjae still hasn't taken his hands off my waists.

 

     He calms down a bit, but continues to let out small chuckles, “It's so obvious.”

 

     Obvious?

 

     “W-What is?”

 

     He doesn't say anymore. Instead of saying anything, he uses his lips to approach mine.

 


 
A/N: //boom// how do you like my sudden attack? I always
felt there was a lack of romance in this story. But then again,
there's a lack of everything (If that made any sense u_u). But
yippe, Jongup and Zelo are officially in the group, and all the
characters have been settled! Why did it take 17 chapters idk *n*
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote! . arigatou .