What Happens Before Initiating the Plan

Speak to Me

     “How long are you guys going to just stand there like idiots and not explain?”

 

     Youngjae rolls his eyes and glares at Jongup as if he's telling him that he's not going to explain, and to deal with the crap that Jongup started himself. I noticed this, and my eyes averted to Jongup, waiting for an explanation. His angry expressions has been replaced with an embarrassed one because he never wanted to ever show this kind of side of him to me, and also a worried expression since he doesn't know how I will respond to his explanation.

 

     He gulps and finally decides to open his mouth, “I... I'm sorry... I--”

 

     Jongup didn't want to be sorry, but the look on his face knew that he had to be, and he was forcing it real hard. The thing is though, I have no idea what he's sorry for. Just a while ago I peeked in and heard Youngjae talking about how Jongup needs to control his jealousy and the next thing I know I see Jongup grabbing his collars, wanting to beat the living out of Youngjae … is Jongup really jealous because of me and Youngjae being together?

 

     “I couldn't believe it at first either, but bingo,” Youngjae answers.

 

     My eyes furrow, still not understanding why Jongup would make such a big deal out of that. I've never seen Jongup this jealous over something so stupid, and I can't help but continue to be confused.

 

     “Jongup, why are you being like this?” I ask for confirmation.

 

     His fist clench from his sides and he blurts, “I just like you that much!”

 

     It turned quiet after Jongup's sudden confession; I wasn't able to tell if it was because it got awkward or if it was just too cheesy and cringe-worthy, but one thing for sure was that none of us in the room felt comfortable.

 

     “Just hurry up and go to sleep, you two,” I mutter as I turn myself around and escape from this uncomfortable atmosphere.

 

     Youngjae walks out along with me and escorts me to my room, “And I thought he was done with puberty,” he scoffs.

 

     I stop my tracks. I've noticed something different about Youngjae but I never wanted to let it get to me. He changed in some way... I don't know how to explain it, but he seems less humble than what he used to be. Not only with Jongup but with everything – starting from how he plans everything his way. There hasn't been a single time when he told me what he was going to do or what our situation is.

 

     He listens to my thoughts and I feel his hand slowly reaching towards mine, but I pull away once I feel our skins slightly touching.

 

     “Saehee,” Youngjae whispers, “It's not what you think.”

 

     He tries to grab my hand again, but it only lead me to brushing it off again. “I .. I just need to think about something,” I leave him behind and speed towards my room.

 

++

 

     We start the next day by receiving the information that Yoo Jaewook has returned home. Every one of us crowd around the small computer screen and see him through a box which looks like his room, sitting on a chair, his elbow on his desk, thinking hard about something. All of the sudden he takes a pile of papers and throws them across his room, making them fly in different kinds of directions.

 

     “Good, he's mad and confused,” Himchan states.

 

     “Hasn't he noticed all these security cameras yet?” I ask.

 

     “Nope, Youngjae hid them real well,” Lay replies.

 

     I look around at the people crowding around me and notice, “Where is Youngjae?”

 

     “He went outside a while ago,” Daehyun replies, “He didn't tell me why though.”

 

     I gulp, it wasn't because of yesterday night, right?

 

 

     “Since Youngjae hasn't arrived yet, I will announce the plan instead of him,” Lay speaks, “Today will be the day where we destroy Yoo Jaewook. First things first: Kyungsoo, Luhan, and Baekhyun will stay here to protect the woman and children, a.k.a Somi and Hanwul. Hyosung and her sisters will go up to the twenty security guards who are guarding outside the house and seduce them or something to make them go somewhere away from Yoo Jaewook's territory, order received?”

 

     “Order received,” Hyosung responds with a smile.

 

     “As soon as that's done, Xiumin, Tao, Chanyeol, Chen, and Kai, you guys finish off the 15 who are guarding inside the house. Then the rest of us invade Yoo Jaewook's house and corner him.... who wants to finish him off?”

 

     “Shouldn't it be fair to let Youngjae do that?” Daehyun asks.

 

     “Sounds good. We will all surround Yoo Jaewook so he won't get away, and then Youngjae can finish him. Plan will initiate at eight o'clock night. Rest up until then.”

 

 

     There were three more hours until we take action of our plan, but neither Youngjae or Jongup was home. What were they doing? Are they possibly together?

 

    Youngjae was the first one to come back. He came back with his hands stuffed into his pockets, and his head was covered by a hoodie. He took it off as soon as he came in, but when he saw me sitting on the couch staring at him, he avoided eye contact and continued walking towards his room.

 

     I let out a sigh. A part of me wants to talk to him, but the other part doesn't want to even look at his face.

 

     I called out Youngjae's name before he got away. He stopped his tracks and looked at me, waiting for me to continue as his eyes were fixed somewhere else other than at me. I get up from my seat and look at him straight through his head.

 

     “Do you look down on me? Is the reason why you don't tell me anything because you think I'm not strong enough?”

 

     “No,” he mutters, staring at the ground.

 

     “Then why? Why can't you let me on your plan first? I'm your boss, for christ's sake!”

 

     “It's because a girl like you wouldn't have the brains to figure out what I really want!”

 

     I lower my voice, half taken aback and half afraid by what seems the possible truth he's been keeping in for so long, “What is it that you really want then?”

 

     He raises his eyes towards mine and it immediately displayed the great amount of regret he had for he just said. His fist clenched and he turned his body to continue walking towards his room without answering my question.

 

     I plop myself back on the couch, his hurtful statement repeating throughout my head. Daehyun comes and plops himself next to me, stretching his arms on the couch after witnessing our recent argument.

 

     “Do you think that I'm stupid too?” I ask, looking up for his eye contact.

 

     “No, not at all.”

 

     My expression must have shown how hurt I became, since Daehyun's couldn't stop worrying for me. I allow myself to lay on Daehyun's shoulder, “I'm fine,” I sigh.

 

     “That's an obvious lie.”

 

     “You just told an obvious lie too.”

 

     Offended, he turns his body to me which caused my head to lift off from his shoulder, “What makes you think I'm lying?” He asks. I sit up and bring my knees together, “I don't know. It's probably what everyone thinks.”

 

     Daehyun gives me the are-you-kidding-me-get-rid-of-your-insecurities look.

 

     “I tried, Daehyun. I really did. I spent a lot of countless nights trying to make myself onto your levels, possibly even higher than that. But I guess it seems like it didn't work. I'm still probably a scrawny little I was when I was younger.”

 

     “Whoa, what's going on? Why is Saehee calling herself a ?” Himchan comes in along with Yongguk, sitting on the couch across from us.

 

     “Our little princess is having boy problems,” Daehyun smiles and pats my head.

 

     “Stop acting as if you're some kind of reliable person,” I smack Daehyun's hand away, “and they're not boy problems. I have no time for those kinds of things.”

 

     “Ouch, that hurt.”

 

     “It's alright Saehee, tell us,” Yongguk says.

 

     I roll my eyes, “You guys are making a big deal out of something so small.”

 

     “Sometimes it's necessary to make big deals, though,” Lay jumps into our conversation as well, “This conversation seems interesting. Fill me in.”

 

     We all ignore Lay, “But I thought you and Youngjae are like suppose to be in that 'together forever' type of relationship,” Daehyun says, “I thought you guys love each other.”

 

     I cringe at that cheesy word, but it got me thinking.

 

     “You know, you're right. I thought we loved each other. I mean, I do... like.. him.. but then there's Youngjae who has to be so ing confusing like some days I really enjoy being next to him and his presence but then the next day you see him acting up for no reason and he starts hating me. I remember back in the day he used to be so careful about everything. He used to say sorry for every ing reason but now there's him who thinks he's the boss of everything and has to plan everything with you guys, leaving me out because apparently 'I don't have the brains for it.'”

 

     Frustrated, I grab Daehyun's collar, “Does he still like me or not?! Why does he keep hurting me and making me feel better the next day; like what is this unnecessary confusion that this ing idiot is causing me?!”

 

     Before Daehyun could tell me to calm down or even respond to my rage, Lay abruptly stands up and points his finger to the air as if he has everything figured out.

 

     “I got it. Jongup started having sincere feelings for you, but always kept it in. Sooner or later Youngjae found out about it. He doesn't want to let you go, but he doesn't want to be that bad guy who just leaves the other guy hanging. Since he doesn't know what to do, he just become frustrated at everything. He becomes frustrated at Jongup, you, and even at himself. That's why he turns on and off.”

 

     We just hang our mouths open, staring up in awe at Lay. Which part of his brain enabled him to figure out everything so quickly when he had no idea what was going on?

 

     He continues, “At the same time, it's you too, Saehee.”

 

     Lay sees my confused expression and shakes his head, “Since you've been realizing Youngjae has been turning on and off, you decide to play the same game and switch to Youngjae and Jongup. And since you are acting that way, it makes Jongup think that he has a greater chance with you and makes it more difficult with Youngjae.”

 

     “So what am I suppose to do then?” I ask.

 

     He props his foot on the table and sticks his hands on his waist, looking up, “You are suppose to wait. Fate will guide you through the course of life.”

 

 

 

     It was silent for a good ten seconds.

 

 

     “We should start prepping, plan will initiate in approximately two hours.”

 

 


 

 
A/N: LOL so do you guys agree
with Lay, or you guys have
your own opinions? Comment
below! (sorry this chapter was
pretty boring.)
 
OMG you guys I found two
gifs that basically sum up my story:
 
  • when Daehyun approaches Youngjae:
              tumblr_n97chrYFP61r8gbn7o1_250.gif
 
  • when Saehee approaches Youngjae:
                      -Saehee: "Is Daehyun annoying you again?"
                      -Youngjae:
              tumblr_n97chrYFP61r8gbn7o3_250.gif
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3