Betrayal

Speak to Me

 

 

“Zelo's group and my group decided to train together, so we trained our combat skills. But then as we were training the lights went off and I heard three gunshots. The lights turned back on, and revealed Zelo already lifeless on the ground. I even checked his pulse but it was no use, because there was none.

 

I couldn't calm myself and yelled at my group members to get someone, but they didn't do anything. They just stood still. I thought it was because they were shocked, so I was making my way out the door to ask for help myself, until one of my group members lunged towards me and hits my head hard with a pole.

 

Next thing I know, I was awake, but saw no light. I tried to get up, but there were stings going all over my body and noticed that I was severely beaten up. My arms and legs were tied, so I tried yelling for help but my mouth was taped shut. But then the guards found me and loosened my ties to take me to you guys.”

 

 

“Who was your group leader?” Tablo asks, making me jump as he suddenly pops up behind my back.

 

“A girl named Mirae,” Jongup responds.

 

Tablo blinks in confusion, “There is no group leader named Mirae. What were your group member's name?”

 

“There was me, Suho, Tao, Chen, Suzy, Min, and Fei.”

 

Tablo continues to blink, “Moon Jongup, I know everyone's name in this camp, and I've never heard of those names before. And if I look here,” Tablo says, flipping through his clipboard, “Yep. They're names aren't registered anywhere on here.”

 

We all exchange worried glances.

 

 

“Where's Zelo?” I ask, “Is he still there?”

 

Jongup's eyes widen, “I-I don't know.... The last time I saw him was before I got beaten up, I don't know where he is.”

 

“Please search for a dead body around this conference,” Tablo orders through the walkie-talkie.

 

Order received,” a voice scratches through the other end.

 

“Where were you guys training again?” Tablo asked.

 

“I don't know, I just remember mats being spread across the floor and leveled bars to practice stunts.”

 

“Search the combat-aerobic room first.” Tablo speaks through the walkie-talkie once again.”

 

Order received.”

 

“If we find him, we'll bring him to you guys. I swear, once I find this Mirae chick and the other guys I will beat the crap out of them –who the hell do they think they are, messing around with my conference?!”

 

We continue to stare at an angry Tablo, and he clears his throat, “You guys should go to sleep now. I'll wake you guys up if anything happens, but everyone will be ordered to leave by tomorrow morning.”

 

We thank Tablo and bow to him. He bows back but whispers into my ear before leaving, “I don't think that Jongup kid is able to handle Zelo's death pretty well. The best thing you can do as a boss is to stay calm yourself. If you're not calm, do you think your subordinates will be able to? It may be difficult, but don't show any signs of fear or anger. Just calm your people down first and then think of a way to kill that bastard who killed your subordinate, alright?”

 

I nod, “Got it.”

 

“Have a good rest, Kim Saehee –or try to.”

 

 

Tablo finally walks out the doors with the rest of the guys to investigate the scene himself. I turn to Jongup, unsure what to do. Tablo told me to stay calm, but what do I do after? What do I say?

 

 

“Jongup-ah,” I call out, “Do you want to talk about it, or would you like to rest and go to sleep?”

 

“I think I'll just try and go to sleep –I don't feel like talking anymore, and I need to calm myself,” he responds. I nod my head in return and the six of us return to our corner. Jongup lays down on the ground and faces the wall.

 

 

I hope this won't cause him to shut himself out from us.

 

 

As Jongup lays down on his own, the rest of us had a group meeting, and Youngjae took off the headphones.

 

 

“Are you going to be alright?” I ask.

 

“Yea, since most people are sleeping there are less voices which I can handle.”

 

“What should we do?” Himchan asks, “We have our weapons now. Should we attack?”

 

“But he brought a more people with him, what if they overpower us?”

 

“Saehee-ah, are you looking down on your subordinates?” Himchan scoffs, “Each of our killing frequency is about five people per minute. We'll make it through.”

 

I pout, “Meanwhile my frequency is like 1 person per hour.”

 

“Then how about this?” Daehyun suggests, “Tomorrow morning instead of going home, we'll split into groups and search for Youngjae's dad. Whoever finds him first gets to kill him.”

 

“Sounds fair,” Yongguk replies, “We'll be able to do that in a quick second.”

 

 

My stomach suddenly starts filling with butterflies as we end our meeting with our last-minute plan and decide to get a good rest of sleep for tomorrow. I've been on many missions with them before, but this is probably the biggest mission I've ever been on.

 

 

I know you can do it, you are my daughter.”

 

 

Yes, I am the daughter of one of the most successful mafia groups. His genes have been passed onto mine, I'll do fine.

 

 

Just kill with your hearts content.”

 

 

Remembering my dad's words makes me feel more at ease, and I calm down as my eyelids start to droop.

 

 

--Until I feel someone's presence come next to me. Not moving a muscle, I feel someone lay down next to me.

 

 

“Saehee, are you sleeping?”

 

 

Oh, it's just Youngjae.

 

 

I turn my body to him and we lay right next to each other, and Youngjae lets me use his arm for a pillow.

 

 

“Are you going to be okay?” I ask, “I mean, it's your father we're killing.”

 

“I want him to die,” Youngjae responds.

 

“After we kill your dad, we'll both be parent-less.”

 

“At least we both have our own freedom.”

 

“Freedom? I don''t know about you, but I don't consider Himchan's nagging as freedom,” I joke.

 

Youngjae chuckles, “Why are you so cute?”

 

“Are you really alright? Is your head feeling better?”

 

 

He smiles as he takes his other hand and starts patting my head, just how my mom used to do it, just how I like it.

 

 

“Don't worry I'm fine, now go to sleep. We have a long day tomorrow.”

 

“Alright, good night Youngjae.”

 

“Good night Saehee.”

 

++

 

 

“Rise and shine everyone! Wake up!” A voice loudly hollers through the microphone,causing everyone in the conference to groan and force themselves up from the hard ground they were sleeping on.

 

When I wake up I feel something warm on top of me, and notice that Youngjae provided me his jacket for my blanket overnight, but I notice him gone, and immediately shoot up.

 

 

“Where's Youngjae?”

 

“I'm right here,” he calls out from behind.

 

I look towards his direction and let out a sigh of relief. He must have moved before everyone else woke up.

 

“Sorry but we can't provide you guys breakfast this morning,” Tablo announces, “We figure the faster you guys leave the more safer you guys are. Everyone go back to your rooms, pack up all your belongings, and call your rides. We are very sorry for this unfortunate even to happen last minute.”

 

 

The doors open and everyone drags their feet to walk out. The six of us exchange glances and proceed with our mission. The groups are me, Daehyun,Youngjae, and then Jongup, Himchan and Yongguk. We plan to first pack our belongings and meet up in the main hall after, so Yongguk and I meet up with our group and head out to our room together.

 

There was a massive amount of people crowding through each other, and it was difficult keeping up with my group, so I kept Yongguk right next to me as I held onto his arm. But then all of the sudden a hand grabs onto my other arm and drags me the opposite direction, causing me to loose my grip on Yongguk. I shoot my eyes towards Yongguk, and see him getting dragged out by another person,

 

and it was Jungook.

 

Where is he taking Yongguk?

 

I look up to see who was pulling me away from the crowd, and see Sunggyu just shoving through everyone, dragging me along with him.

 

 

“Sunggyu--”

 

 

He takes my mouth and covers it before I could say any more. We soon walk out of the huge amount of crowd, and Sunggyu takes me into an empty hallway, and finally let go of my mouth, but not my arm.

 

 

“What are you doing?” I ask.

 

 

He doesn't reply but instead takes my other arm and makes ties my hands together behind my back with a rope.

 

 

“Sunggyu--”

 

“Just shut up, will you?”

 

 

He tightens the knot on my wrists, and opens a door revealing a dark room and shoves me inside it, causing me to fall backwards. Next thing you know he takes out a pole and clashes it against my head, causing me to knock out.

 


 
A/N: Mucho Gracias to inspiriteyeoja & HitGirl for the upvote!
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote! . arigatou .