An Introduction

Speak to Me

*this story is now told in Saehee's POV

 

     My father and I do not get along. We fight with each other so often like a dysfunctional married couple.

     "I will ing kill you if you do not get up in five minutes, Kim Saehee!"

     "Shut the up! I haven't gotten any sleep in the past two days!"

     "Are you telling me that you're not going to school? , then get out of my house!"

     "Ugh!"

     It's like this everyday. Sometimes, I wonder why I continue living here.

     Is it because I live in a mansion?

     Or maybe it's because I know that I'm not capable of living on my own.

     But I can tell you one thing that's for sure: I do not want to go to school.

     What's the point of going to school if all they do is torture my precious brain? School is so suffocating. No one likes me at school because everyone knows that my father is a gangster.

     I hate going to school.

++

     The bell rings shrilly, trying to be a very unhelpful reminder of the fact that I'm at the one place I wish I can demolish from the surface of the Earth. I end up sighing because whatever I do don't particularly aid me in getting out of this hell everyone calls school.

     I consider myself a quiet person—although it's not like I have anyone to talk to. It's just that opening up to other people is a huge pain in the back, and I'm pretty sure that no one wants to associate with me, anyway. This situation is helpful a lot of times; say, when I want to go back to the sleep I desperately need.

     Of course, I magically managed to forget the fact that a certain seatmate of mine always manages to disrupt me whatever I do, whenever, wherever. He proves that true by hitting my head just as I was about to rest my head on top of the wooden desk.

     "Stay awake," he orders, eyes glinting with barely laced amusement.

     I give him a dirty look. "What if I don't want to?"

     "I'm telling the teacher," he shoots back.

     It's a lame and weak excuse, and honestly, I can't hold back the urge to scoff and snort at the same time (of couse, it's not a good idea because the noise I make is entirely too unattractive for humankind). Well, at least Daehyun seems pretty grossed out right there. "What are you, an elementary student?"

     "If I'm an elementary student," Daehyun starts. "Then you're a preschooler. I'm pretty sure we're way past the times when we take naps during class and snort on other people's faces."

     "Shut the up, Daehyun. You are neither my mother nor father nor a ing teacher." I snap back.

     "Someone didn't take their chill pills today," he whispers, "I'll wake you up when the teacher sees."

     Satisfied, I slowly close my eyes and drifted off into lala land.

     -Only to be wakened up by the sound of the school bell. I lift my head and opened my eyes, irritated. I look at Daehyun's face, smirking as he prepares for the next class.

++

     I consider Daehyun to be my only "friend". Well, its more like a one-sided friendship since I don't really acknowledge him as my friend. The only time we talk and spend time together is during class and during lunch when he rudely sits down in front of me. I've known Daehyun for more than 4 years, but we only started talking this year because we were put as seat partners.

     It's lunch and I'm sitting by myself, ready to eat my meal until an annoying presence sits in front of me.

    "Don't you have any other friends to eat with? Why do you always sit with me?"

     "Because you look lonely," Daehyun responds.

     "I'd rather be alone than be with people who don't appreciate me." I point out.

     He starts eating. "In fact, I don't appreciate you."

     "Exactly. So off."

     "No can do, Miss.'I-am-cool-because-I-cuss'."

     "Don't start talking with your mouth full."

     He swallows his bite. 'Yes, Princess."

     I roll my eyes, grab my tray and left Daehyun to sit at another table. It doesn't seem like he followed me, so I peacefully began my meal, and finish it before lunch break ends. I head back to class and endured the rest of the day, constantly being nagged by Daehyun.

++

     I'm sitting at my desk in my room, doing homework.

     "Kim Saehee get your ing down here!" My dad screams. I roll my eyes and let my feet drag the rest of my body out of my room and down the long flight of stairs.

     "Fix your posture now" I hear my father say.

     I give him a glare, but my eyes softened and I straightened my back at the sight of another boy. He is about Daehuyn's height and looks like he is in the same grade as me. His posture is straight and his glare is strong but emotionless. You wouldn't be able to tell if he was glad or miserable to be here.

     "This is my daughter," my father says to the boy, "Introduce yourself."

     "My name is Yoo Youngjae," I hear his husky voice say. "Nice to meet you."

     He gives me a bow and I awkwardly give him one back. "Nice to meet you too."

     "Youngjae has been working for me nearly his whole life." He explains. "He's such a hard-working boy, I sometimes think about replacing you with him as my son."

     "Thanks," I say.

     "You're welcome." my father plays along. "But you know I wouldn't abandon you. So instead, I will make you stronger. You're going on a mission with Youngjae."

     I decline right away. I look at Youngjae and see him giving me a slight frown. I give him one back, what are you looking at? I see him lift his eyebrows to relieve his frown and shrugs as if he read my mind, not bothered about what I just said.

     "Get a life and just go on at least just one mission." my father demanded.

     I roll my eyes.

     "I'll let you miss school if you go on missions,"

     "Deal." I quickly say.

     Youngjae starts walking out the door and my father signals me to hurry up and follow him, so I do. We walk out into the chilly night quickly and quietly.

++

     "So what do we need to do, Mr. Hardworking?" I ask.

     Youngjae explains. "We're going to meet someone at an abandoned park first. And then we'll proceed with our mission."

     "Alright," I nod. "What's our mission though?"

     "You'll see when we get there."

     Sheesh

     Once again Youngjae gives me a look as if he read my mind, but shrugs it off and continues walking. I swear, if he looks at me like that once again, I might die from fear.

     As we walk into the abandoned park, I jump at the sudden sound of rustling leaves beneath our feet. It is my first time doing something mafia-related. I do realize the dangers of this kind of job, so it is pretty terrifying especially for my first time. I look around, seeing broken down playgrounds, surviving sand

     -and a figure right in front of us. I almost stop walking, frightened at the living person right in front of us. There were no footsteps which indicated his arrival, and he just popped up out of nowhere. I take a few hesitant steps closer, until I completely stop walking when I see a familiar annoying face.

     Daehyun?


 

A/N: I had a story with the same plot as this called, "Promise Not to Tell?"
But I had no direction with that story so I decided to delete it; and now I have
come back with an actual story going in an actual direction (i hope so). But
I do pray you guys can enjoy. Don't forget to subscribe, comment, and upvote! 

 

tumblr_myhzspFjja1riq5suo1_250.giftumblr_myhzspFjja1riq5suo2_250.gif