Come Back

Speak to Me

 

     The next day after school, we went to look for Daehyun at his old apartment. As we walked up his door, Yongguk knocked on it, only for another person to answer.

 

     Since he moved in with us, another family has already moved into his apartment.

 

     We checked every dark alley, every street, but there were no signs of him at all. Before we realized, the night has fallen upon us, and every street light was brighter than ever.

 

     Himchan sighs, “I think we have to call it a day. Tomorrow Yongguk and I will check other nearby towns while you two are at school. You guys should go study, your finals are coming up, aren't they?”

 

     Who gives a -

 

     “Who gives a damn about studying?” Youngjae says what I was thinking. My eyes shockingly avert to his, only to see him let out a huff. I can't help but smile.

 

     He's worried--

 

     “Whatever. Let's just go home, I not even worried about that dumb anyway.”

 

     Am I just tired from searching for Daehyun all day, or is Youngjae seriously reading my mind?

 

++

 

     It was another day of school without Daehyun. I have to admit, something feels empty without his constant blabber mouth next to me. At least I get to sleep peacefully during classes but... it just feels like eating a meal without any utensils.

 

     Either way, the bell indicating the end of school rang. Instead of Youngjae coming to my desk, it was those two snotty chicks from the other day, Somi and Eunhae. They drop a bag of breads and drinks on my desk.

 

     Surprised, I stare at the various amounts of different snacks, up at the two girls, and back down at the snacks.

 

     “Why-”

 

    “An apology.”

 

     I keep my eyes on them this time, “Excuse me?”

 

     “This is from us and the whole class,” Eunhae explains, “for all the times we made fun of you. We were just acting stupid, sorry.”

 

     This is not happening. My classmates are actually apologizing to me?

 

     Youngjae then comes in and grabs the bag, “Thanks, and bye.”

 

     He starts walking out, until he realizes I'm not following him. “Come on, Saehee. Today's Friday.”

 

     “Friday?” Somi asks. “Are you guys going on a date?” She smirks.

 

     I shake my head, “N-No, nothing like that.”

 

    Just a stupid dinner with stupid people.

 

     She shrugs it off, “You must be a lucky girl, having all these guys sticking up for you, especially the good looking ones.”

 

     Too overwhelmed, I open my mouth to speak, but no words come out.

 

     The two girls giggle, “Well, see you on Monday, Saehee. We should talk more.”

 

     What on earth is happening?

 

++

 

     “Well isn't that wonderful,” Himchan munches on the bread my class bought for me. “I guess they finally realized they were being mental retards.”

 

     We were in the car, I'm guessing Yongguk and Himchan came after searching for Daehyun.

 

     “Any luck on finding Deahyun?” I ask.

 

     “We found him.”

 

     Youngjae and I shoot our eyes to Himchan, “Why didn't you get him?”

 

     “Where was he?”

 

     “What was he doing?”

 

     “How'd you find him?”

 

     Himchan gets taken back at our continuous amount of questions, “Uhm, we talked to him and he said he needed more time on his own. He was sleeping in a coffee shop. There was a huge window and Yongguk spotted him right away.”

 

     “Is he coming back?”

 

     “Yes, I told him to come back before our meeting tonight.”

 

     I sigh, “I was so worried.”

 

     “You don't need to worry about a mental retard like him.” Youngjae mumbles as he looks out the window.

 

     --“Saehee! Are you ready to go dress shopping?!” Himchan asks with great enthusiasm, trying to make the mood better.

 

     "What. Err.. What?”

 

     “Dress shopping! Shopping for your dress tonight! Can't wait to see our cutiepie in all different kinds of dresses! Ah, just the thought of it brings me joy.”

 

     I roll my eyes and sink in my seat, what greater joy can there be.

 

++

 

     “Oh, how about this one?” Himchan points out a dress, or I hope it's a dress. It's sleeveless and the very short bottom makes it almost look like a skirt.

 

     “Very y.” He wiggles his eyebrows.

 

     “Are you kidding me?”

 

     We continue to look around more, meanwhile Youngjae and Yongguk were paying for their suits in another store.

 

     Instead of being miserable of not finding the right dress, I ask Himchan a question.

 

     “So, what were you guys and Daehyun talking about?”

 

     He continues to look through the racks, “About you.”

 

     “Me?”

 

     Himchan sighs, but lets out a smile.

 

     “Saehee-ah, I don't think you know that much about Daehyun.”

 

     “I don't,” I admit.

 

     “Daehyun... is a strange guy. He's usually a jerk around people and easily gets mad at them, but with people who he cares for, he'll do anything it takes to make them happy. Well, probably not really with Youngjae but -my point is, no matter how hurt he gets, he'll never show it. That's why I was a little more shocked when I saw him running out that door.”

 

     I continue looking through the racks, but not looking at any dresses from being to caught up with the thought of Daehyun. Now that I think about it, he may be an annoying piece of crap, but I can never recall a time where he hurt me -well with the exception of the cut he caused on my face. But he didn't even mean to do that.

 

     "Is Daehyun ... hurt? A lot?"

 

     "Well, not that much from the fight with Youngjae, but emotionally? He was pretty drained. I guess he just kept too much in."

 

     All those times he was bothering me, I should have been grateful instead. He was only trying to make me feel less lonely. He never fails to leave my side, even if I pull his hair or scream at his face. If I think about it more and more, I'm the one annoying Daehyun.

 

     “When he arrives, just give him a big hug and welcome him home, alright? Don't say anything else.”

 

     I'm a little hesitant about the hug part but I agree. I guess I should do something for that idiot.

 

     Himchan pulls out a dress, “Hey, this one seems sort of appropriate for the dinner.”

 

     I look at the dress and it was a mid-thigh short sleeved dress maroon dress. Its simple and clean, just my style.

 

     “I guess I'll try this on.”

 

     “Alright, if you need a bigger size, just tell me.”

 

     I glare up at Himchan.

 

     ”Just kidding Saehee, just kidding. Now go try on this cutesy wittle dwess.” He say as he pinches my nose. I roll my eyes and go into the dressing room to change. As I put on the dress it satisfies me. It had no fancy ornaments or uncomfortable accessories which make it look too flashy. If I just put one of my brooches on, it would probably be good enough.

 

     As I come out of the dressing room, I see the three guys sitting as they watch me come out.

 

     “Beautiful,” Yongguk compliments.

 

     “Saehee, you look so cute,” Himchan tears.

 

     “Come on Youngjae, say something.”

 

     “It's pretty.”

 

     I blink probably around a hundred times.

 

     “You think so? It seems a little boring to me.” A voice comes from behind the three guys. My mouth forms an 'O' shape as the three guys look back.

 

     Behind them was Daehyun normally scratching his chin as he continues to observe my dress.

 

     “D-Dae..”

 

     Youngjae immediately punches Daehyun when he sees him.

 

     “You idiot! Where do you think you've been, slacking around? Do you even know how behind we are on missions? And what about protecting our boss?!”

 

     “Ow,” Daehyun rubs his cheek. “That one seriously hurt. Geez, Youngjae we're going to a dinner, I don't want to look like I came back from a world war or something. And besides, Saehee is totally safe. No guy would ever want to take advantage of Saehee with her small s.”

 

     All of us look at him in awe, me clenching my fists in anger, but calm down as I get reminded of Himchan's words. I take slow steps to Daehyun and he gulps in fear.

 

     “S-Saehee. What I meant by that was--”

 

     His words stop when my arms go around his neck.

 

     “Don't you ever try running away again, you little piece of .” I whisper in his ear.

 

     His whole body freezes for a moment until he relaxes and slouches to snake his arms around my waists.

 

     “Yes mam'.”

 

     “Welcome back.”

 


A/N: yayay more #TeamDaehyun stuffs. And we all
need that one, motherly character like Himchan, right?
huehuehue.
 
Make sure to comment, subscribe, share, and upvote